What I Watched on TV Before Bed Last Night

Best answers
Color #
White
I originally wrote this 2 nights ago, and posted it here, and was a little freaked out when it also showed up in the Shoutbox, which at the time was still being used for the "Halloween Improv." But @Zack encouraged me to post it again, so here it is:

(Both of these shows were on our local Ion/Quobo station, but I'm sure you can find them on-line, on YouTube, etc.)

10:55 P.M. The last 5 minutes of a cartoon called "Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd Century" (hopefully that is self-explanatory).

11:00 P.M. -12:00 A.M. - Two episodes of "Where on Earth is Carmen Sandiego?"

And I couldn't help wondering: Could Sherlock Holmes catch Carmen Sandiego? !! LOL!! :)

12:01 A.M. Then I changed the channel, and saw the last few minutes of an episode of original "Perry Mason." It was a courtroom scene, and there was an older lady (remember 50-60 yrs. old was considered "old" back then!! LOL!!) was on the witness stand. She had a "wee bit" of a Scottish accent. She was a Maid or something like that, and Mr. Mason was trying to get her to admit that she killed her employer with a fireplace poker, and was trying to blame it on his wife (I think). At first she denied it, but eventually, she broke down and confessed in typical, tearful fashion. And the first thing I thought was about the "Halloween Improv" @Zack, and I said to myself,"Well, at least it wasn't the Butler!!" LOL!!

Then, I thought wouldn't it be great to that kind of scene between Carmen Sandiego, the great and classy Queen of Crime, and Perry Mason, the great gentleman lawyer? !! Then, I thought, no, that will never happen, because Carmen always admits to the things she does. Oh, well...LOL!!

Then, I thought, I'll probably be having these kind of thoughts again soon... like Momday-Friday night, @ 11:00 P.M.-12:00 A.M. LOL. :)

Last edited:

Zack

ACME
Best answers
Known Aliases
Zack, Z, Lil'bro, Dan, Zack-Daniels, Bacon
Color #
No way, not even Sherlock could catch Carmen Sandiego.

Best answers
Color #
White
No way, not even Sherlock could catch Carmen Sandiego.
Maybe not...but it would be fun to watch him try, wouldn't it? !! LOL!! And I think we can all agree that the hardest part of "catching" Carmen is keeping her from getting away from you once you've "got" her!! ;)

Jade

ACME
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Jade
Color #
0099FF
Julie it's Jade about Perry Mason I don't think he won't be prosecuting against Carmen at all because well he's retired don't you think? Other than that nice one.

Invader

ACME
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
The kid, laundry room ghost.
Color #
0000FF
( I miss that cartoon dearly, but have the entire series on DVD, I like to marathon watch it on a day off. )

Best answers
Color #
White
Julie it's Jade about Perry Mason I don't think he won't be prosecuting against Carmen at all because well he's retired don't you think? Other than that nice one.
Hello Jade. I used to watch the original "Perry Mason" episodes on one station, early in the morning, and then change the station and watch the made-for-TV-"Perry Mason" movies in the afternoon!! LOL!! So, yes, I know that the character "Perry Mason" had retired long before Raymond Burr actually died. :( But like I said, I was watching an episode of original "Perry Mason" when he was still a lawyer. And, as Lee suggested it would be possible to write a fan-fic type story, either about Sherlock Holmes chasing Carmen (the cartoon "Sherlock Holmes and the 22nd Century") or about Carmen on the witness stand in the courtroom with Perry Mason. Because (as we all know) Carmen does have a time machine!! LOL!! But mostly, this post was about what I watched on TV the other night before I went to bed the other night, and how it all had a law-enforcement theme: The World's Best Detective ("Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd Century") and the World's Best Thief ("Where on Earth is Carmen Sandiego?") followed by The World's Best Lawyer ("Perry Mason") and it just made me laugh a little. That's all. But thanks for your comment!! :)

Best answers
Color #
White
( I miss that cartoon dearly, but have the entire series on DVD, I like to marathon watch it on a day off. )
Hello Invader. Yes, I should get WoEiCS? on DVD too, at some point. That would be a fun way to spend the day. Enjoy your day off. :)

Latest posts

Latest threads

New Journals

Neutral Grounds
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I just heard on the news they're going to have to remove the Sakura trees in Washington because of damage to a sea wall. They have to build a sea wall and replant new trees.
    Reactions: Jade
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    They were a gift from the mayor of Tokyo!
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Okay wait. Only 158 of the 2,500 have to be taken down. They are also taking clippings from the cut down trees to propagate new ones
    Reactions: Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Is everyone ready for the solar eclipse on April 8th, 2024? :)
    Quote Link
  • Invader Invader:
    yes
    Quote Link
  • Tenchi Masaki Tenchi Masaki:
    Affirmative
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    I’m staying inside
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I just found a wolf spider in my house. :D
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    one of the GOOD spiders you want around because they eat all the really bad bugs in the house. We put them outside :)
    Reactions: Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know there are over 400 species of parrots in the world??
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know David Attenborough was knighted twice? First in 1985, and again in 2002
    • Wow
    • Interesting
    Reactions: Jade and Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    @Lucy ... don't know if you really want wolf spiders in your home... I'd go for jumping spiders, they can't bite... wolf spiders are the fast movers, and they can bite.
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    And, jumpers are cute
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((Will lose my ACP internet towards the end of the month, unless anyone knows about it ending sooner. Trying to switch my Lifeline phone to a better provider that doesn't shut me off after four and a half gigs of data, nothing but failure so far and "call here" and "it's on their end" and the back and forth crap... in the morning, it's time to demand the supervisor and might even get to harsh language (after three days of that). I plan to use the Lifeline phone tethered as Internet source, share that to my own router... I've done it before (it's messy, and not 100% effective, but it works). ))
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((The 'net is the main way to apply for jobs now, so I need that, and I've moved/changed Lifeline providers before without an issue, so no idea what the problem is. I have active Verizon through ACP, active Lifeline through Airtalk... is that somehow the issue? If anyone knows, please let me know before I tear someone a new one (ya know what I mean). After three days of this, and two days about a month ago, I'm ready to walk there with katana in hand.))
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((And, thoughout this process, I want to port my number (have the info for that) and use the phone I have (Samsung Galaxy S9... gotten for free through Airtalk... note to anyone: if you choose a nice phone through them, you are locked into a 120 day "commitment" to get the phone for free, and they have a very hard data limit... once you use up your data, they cut you off, point blank.))
    Quote Link
    Jon Eckart Jon Eckart: ((And, thoughout this process, I want to port my number (have the info for that) and use the...