Open Quote of the Week

Ororo Munroe

Writer
Best answers
0
Known Aliases
Storm, Windrider, Ororo Komo Munroe, Goddess of the (Serengetti) Plains, Weather Witch
Color #
Brown

Ororo Munroe

Writer
Best answers
0
Known Aliases
Storm, Windrider, Ororo Komo Munroe, Goddess of the (Serengetti) Plains, Weather Witch
Color #
Brown
When my fellow X-Men and I are not trying to save the world from catastrophe, I am teacher of History, Botany, and Horticulture. I thought this quote seemed an appropriate addition on the subject of creativity.

"It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge." Albert Einstein
 
Best answers
3
Color #
White
That is a great quote @Ororo Munroe. I'm sure you're a great teacher.
Here is one of my favorites.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge in limited to what we know and an understand, while imagination embraces the whole world, and all there will ever be to know and understand."
Albert Einstein
 
Best answers
3
Color #
White
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles; or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and blood; who strives valiantly, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows the high triumph of achievement, and who, at the worst, if he he fails, fails at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."

The Man in the Arena, an excerpt from a speech by Theodore Roosevelt,
at the Sarbonne, Paris, France, April 23, 1910
 

Jade

ACME
Best answers
8
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Jade
Color #
0099FF
Theodore Roosevelt,the 26th president of the Untied States...
the one behind the National Park,'Square Deal' and Teddy Bears!
 

Latest posts

Latest threads

New Journals

Neutral Grounds
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Does anyone know whether Patty or Joe might eventually pick up again? I kind of liked their P.O.V. :)
    Quote Link
  • Jade Jade:
    Same with Carmen, Chase, Ivy, Zack, Lee Jordan and the other canon and/or non-canon characters [well, except for myself, you and the rest],@Lucy.
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    I'm one of the rare active ones
    • Like
    Reactions: Jade
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    . Guys meet Yuki
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    This fanfic series is good it's disablity awareness Stories
    Quote Link
  • Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Was just thinking, when someone says think outside the box....why does it have to be a box? Why can't it be anything you want? Like a closet? Or a door? Hehe
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    But also....why does there have to be a box at all?
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Okay this might need to become a topic....here's one step further..."Why are we assuming thinking has an “inside” and an “outside” at all?"
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Why did we decide creativity requires escaping from something? Why do so many of our metaphors for creativity imply that ordinary thinking is a restriction?
    Quote Link
  • Victorique Victorique:
    It's because it hinges on the idea that everyone wants to be ordinary (aka "normal") and that being anything other should be punishable socially. It stems from imperial modes of thinking that harm people not white-cis-straight-abled-perisex-etc because the idea of normal is centred on "some guy"-isms
    • Like
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    . Who likes my drawing of honey senpai
    • Like
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Deric Storm Deric Storm:
    Lucy said:
    Why did we decide creativity requires escaping from something? Why do so many of our metaphors for creativity imply that ordinary thinking is a restriction?
    Because creativity is also associated with freedom
    • Love
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • L :
    Guest LavernaS has joined the room.
  • L (Guest) LavernaS:
    Hey I lost access to here. My email is messlingkiddo2@Gmail.com if you want to reach me
    • Like
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Laverna I'm sure the admin could fix that :) maybe
    Quote Link
  • Charlet Charlet:
    I'm. Back in
    Quote Link
  • Charlet Charlet:
    Well as charlet
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    yay you got back in :)
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    but also....is @Tenchi Masaki doing okay? :(
    Quote Link
  • Tenchi Masaki Tenchi Masaki:
    Well yes actually. I was sick(lost my voice) and now I'm better and on vacation @Lucy
    Quote Link
    Tenchi Masaki Tenchi Masaki: Well yes actually. I was sick(lost my voice) and now I'm better and on vacation @Lucy
    Top