01 January, 2015 | Week 1/52

[HR][/HR]

athisoldscarletletter.com_tecs_0101.png
- Rūmī

[HR][/HR]

This idea was mooted in Neutral Grounds and
I thought to bring it to life here. Quotes or contributions
do not have to come exclusively from me but I will be
updating weekly, barring unforeseen circumstances.

Last edited:

Zack

ACME
Best answers
Known Aliases
Zack, Z, Lil'bro, Dan, Zack-Daniels, Bacon
Color #
This one comes at an important time. Wish I could like it more.

Sophie

Medical Staff
Best answers
Color #
C8A2C8
24 January, 2015 | Week 4/52

[HR][/HR]

athisoldscarletletter.com_tecs_2401.png
- Franz Kafka

[HR][/HR]​

Franz Kafka, the story goes, encountered a little girl in the park where he went walking daily. She was crying. She had lost her doll and was desolate.

Kafka offered to help her look for the doll and arranged to meet her the next day at the same spot. Unable to find the doll he composed a letter from the doll and read it to her when they met.

"Please do not mourn me, I have gone on a trip to see the world. I will write you of my adventures." This was the beginning of many letters. When he and the little girl met he read her from these carefully composed letters the imagined adventures of the beloved doll. The little girl was comforted.

When the meetings came to an end Kafka presented her with a doll. She obviously looked different from the original doll. An attached letter explained: "my travels have changed me... "

Many years later, the now grown girl found a letter stuffed into an unnoticed crevice in the cherished replacement doll. In summary it said: "Every thing that you love, you will eventually lose, but in the end, love will return in a different form."

- May Benatar, Huffington Post

Last edited:

Sophie

Medical Staff
Best answers
Color #
C8A2C8
01 February, 2015 | Week 5/52

Because…

[HR][/HR]

athisoldscarletletter.com_tecs_0102.jpg
- Ernest Hemingway

[HR][/HR]

You have never been and never will been in the same physical place twice
since the Earth, the Solar System, and the galaxy are all moving through space.

Where will you go today?
What will you be?

Jade

ACME
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Jade
Color #
0099FF
Ernest Hemingway...he was the one who wrote From Whom the Bells Tolls,The Old Man and The Sea and A Farewell to Arms...The only I know about this author is that he has a house in Key West,Florida which is now a designated U.S. National Historic Landmark and he adores C-A-T-S! Just like me.(I'm a cat person you know):D *grabbing a slice of Key Lime Pie and a glass of :juice:.*

Latest posts

Latest threads

New Journals

Neutral Grounds
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Lucy Lucy: I recently read an article that said because of a solar storm, the northern lights can be seen...
    • Interesting
    Reactions: Tenchi Masaki