Chase

Director
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Boss (situational)
Color #
What is Chase's honest opinion of Rosen?
(OOC for this)
Chase owes a lot of the life he currently has now because of Barbara Rosen's decisions. Whether or not that pays off for everybody, we'll see. He does honestly see her in a good light, and in a way, follows her blindly. True to his nature, Chase very rarely questions authority.

Rosen was first created by @Mikal, @Tanya, and myself as a passive 'board member' NPC character who eventually gained prominence. As a former lawyer, she became ACME's legal consultant some decade and a half ago. During which she was involved in many 'cleanups', including ones with @Morgan and consequently @Carmen. She is now ACME's CEO after company restructuring one year prior (fictional timeline).

Not everyone believes Rosen has their best interest in mind, and that's actually true. Barbara has a few selective interests that she protects, she's quick to ignore the plight of others if they don't suit this interest. Her first reaction to any partnership is always an uninterested frown and the phrase "How will they help us?"

This is unimportant, but Barbara Rosen as a character is Jewish, and personally supports Israel. Professionally, she is neutral. The company maintains contracts with all law enforcement agencies during peace, and exclusively remain uninvolved in wars.

Both @Morgan and I build Rosen through the perspectives of our own characters without much discussion to ensure she stays polarizing. If I'm not wrong, this Carmen post is in reference to Barbara Rosen: Writing - [Voice] Rain

Chase

Director
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Boss (situational)
Color #
Like, what's a temporary situation?
A circumstance that is not permanent.
A... situational temperance.

After completing his tenure as Ambassador of Turkey to the United States in Washington D.C., Marac Dereli and his wife wished to retire in their home country. His youngest daughter Defne Dereli, received her second master's degree at Harvard during this time. At 29, she remained close with her family and planned to return with her parents to pursue a political career in Turkey.

Chase and Defne met at a charity dinner where ACME HQ purchased a table every year in order to retain connections within certain circles. She was exactly his type -- foreign and with a grip on politics.

Both the ambassador and his wife are now back in Ankara, while Defne and one of her sisters remained in the United States to take care of affairs. Devineaux was to be in Washington D.C. at a conference and to also help with certain aspects of those affairs. Instead, he was in Kerala, India on a prolonged mission (otherwise known as Ultramarine).

Chase

Director
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Boss (situational)
Color #
If Chase would strangle someone's neck who is it and why?
If you mean in a non-lethal but joking manner -- the answer is 'never', asphyxiation is dangerous.

In the agency's specialized close quarters combat (CQC), operatives are trained to cause syncope by blocking the carotid artery of opponents using a choke hold of 15-30 seconds. Any longer and permanent damage or death may occur. Remember that the components of CQC are: surprise, speed, and violence of action. Sometimes, you won't have time for a 15-second choke hold. And sometimes, to retain dominance over the enemy, 15 seconds to silence a scout could buy you precious time.

There are other ways to cause discomfort by compressing the throat without inducing syncope. That's only used during (mostly informal) interrogations. Any information gathered from that, unless immediately verifiable, should always be put under question.

That said, if your question was about the circumstances under which I would strangle and potentially kill someone -- the answer to that is whichever enemy becomes an immediate threat in a combative scenario.

Jade

ACME
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Jade
Color #
0099FF
If you mean in a non-lethal but joking manner -- the answer is 'never', asphyxiation is dangerous.
:oops: What I meant to ask you that question is when someone made a mistake,making pranks or did something wrong just like it happen in the Role Play 'Auld Lang Syne' when you strangle Lee's neck one time...sort teaching a lesson kinda thing that's what I meant in that question...my fault.

Patty

Valkyrie
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Patt, Patts, Petite, Amber Cecelia Argos, Valkyrie
Color #
8d8844
Considering that you've had experience with multiple relationships, what would you say is the single biggest factor that you are not yet married? Like, you're hot, you're successful, you make a great work-dad, why aren't you hitched?

Chase

Director
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Boss (situational)
Color #
Considering that you've had experience with multiple relationships, what would you say is the single biggest factor that you are not yet married? Like, you're hot, you're successful, you make a great work-dad, why aren't you hitched?
I don't know how much of your assessment is right. I'm not better looking or more successful than a lot of other people.

But as for why I'm not married -- it's one of those things that's similar to getting elected for office: Right time, right place, right person... and you have to want that life in the first place. I'm lacking motivation in the 'want' department.

Latest posts

Latest threads

New Journals

Neutral Grounds
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Is everyone ready for the solar eclipse on April 8th, 2024? :)
    Quote Link
  • Invader Invader:
    yes
    Quote Link
  • Tenchi Masaki Tenchi Masaki:
    Affirmative
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    I’m staying inside
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I just found a wolf spider in my house. :D
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    one of the GOOD spiders you want around because they eat all the really bad bugs in the house. We put them outside :)
    Reactions: Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know there are over 400 species of parrots in the world??
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know David Attenborough was knighted twice? First in 1985, and again in 2002
    • Wow
    • Interesting
    Reactions: Jade and Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    @Lucy ... don't know if you really want wolf spiders in your home... I'd go for jumping spiders, they can't bite... wolf spiders are the fast movers, and they can bite.
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    And, jumpers are cute
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((Will lose my ACP internet towards the end of the month, unless anyone knows about it ending sooner. Trying to switch my Lifeline phone to a better provider that doesn't shut me off after four and a half gigs of data, nothing but failure so far and "call here" and "it's on their end" and the back and forth crap... in the morning, it's time to demand the supervisor and might even get to harsh language (after three days of that). I plan to use the Lifeline phone tethered as Internet source, share that to my own router... I've done it before (it's messy, and not 100% effective, but it works). ))
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((The 'net is the main way to apply for jobs now, so I need that, and I've moved/changed Lifeline providers before without an issue, so no idea what the problem is. I have active Verizon through ACP, active Lifeline through Airtalk... is that somehow the issue? If anyone knows, please let me know before I tear someone a new one (ya know what I mean). After three days of this, and two days about a month ago, I'm ready to walk there with katana in hand.))
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((And, thoughout this process, I want to port my number (have the info for that) and use the phone I have (Samsung Galaxy S9... gotten for free through Airtalk... note to anyone: if you choose a nice phone through them, you are locked into a 120 day "commitment" to get the phone for free, and they have a very hard data limit... once you use up your data, they cut you off, point blank.))
    Quote Link
    Jon Eckart Jon Eckart: ((And, thoughout this process, I want to port my number (have the info for that) and use the...