Open Quote of the Week

Jade

ACME
Best answers
8
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Jade
Color #
0099FF
What matters in life is not what happens to you but what you remember and how you remember it. -Gabriel Garcia Marquez,Nobel Prize laureate in literature. (March 6,1927 - April 17,2014)

(I don't own this quote whatsoever)
 

Jade

ACME
Best answers
8
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Jade
Color #
0099FF
Success is liking yourself,liking what you do, and liking how you do it.-Maya Angelou (April 4,1928-May 28,2014...I don't own this quote whatsoever)
 
Best answers
3
Color #
White
That's a great quote @Jade.

And here are 2 other great quotes, also attributed to Maya Angelou.
"When someone shows you who they are, believe them..the first time."

"I did then, what I knew how to do. Now that I know better, I do better." :)
 
Best answers
3
Color #
White
(I meant to post this on Saint Patrick's Day, of course; but it's a nice sentiment always.)

"There are good ships,
And there are wood ships
The ships that sail the sea;
But the best ships are friendships
And may they always be."

Irish proverb :)
 

Jade

ACME
Best answers
8
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Jade
Color #
0099FF
Believe in something larger than yourself...get involved in the big ideas of your time. Barbara Bush,Former First Lady from 1989 to 1993 (June 8,1925 to April 17,2018 I don't own this quote whatsoever)
 

Jade

ACME
Best answers
8
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Jade
Color #
0099FF
It is not knowledge,but the act of learning,not possession but the act of getting there,which grants the greatest enjoyment.- Carl Friedrich Gauss,mathematician and physics (April 30,1777 to February 23,1855 I don't own this quote whatsoever).
 

Lucy

ACME Canine Unit
Best answers
1
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Alice, Luce, Lulu
“To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best day and night to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle any human being can fight; and never stop fighting”

– E.E. Cummings
 

Jade

ACME
Best answers
8
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Jade
Color #
0099FF
We live in a diverse society...in fact,a diverse world...and we must live in peace and with respect for each other. -Stan Lee (December 28,1922 to November 12,2018)

(I don't own the quote whatsoever)
 

Latest posts

Latest threads

New Journals

Neutral Grounds
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Does anyone know whether Patty or Joe might eventually pick up again? I kind of liked their P.O.V. :)
    Quote Link
  • Jade Jade:
    Same with Carmen, Chase, Ivy, Zack, Lee Jordan and the other canon and/or non-canon characters [well, except for myself, you and the rest],@Lucy.
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    I'm one of the rare active ones
    • Like
    Reactions: Jade
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    . Guys meet Yuki
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    This fanfic series is good it's disablity awareness Stories
    Quote Link
  • Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Was just thinking, when someone says think outside the box....why does it have to be a box? Why can't it be anything you want? Like a closet? Or a door? Hehe
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    But also....why does there have to be a box at all?
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Okay this might need to become a topic....here's one step further..."Why are we assuming thinking has an “inside” and an “outside” at all?"
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Why did we decide creativity requires escaping from something? Why do so many of our metaphors for creativity imply that ordinary thinking is a restriction?
    Quote Link
  • Victorique Victorique:
    It's because it hinges on the idea that everyone wants to be ordinary (aka "normal") and that being anything other should be punishable socially. It stems from imperial modes of thinking that harm people not white-cis-straight-abled-perisex-etc because the idea of normal is centred on "some guy"-isms
    • Like
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    . Who likes my drawing of honey senpai
    • Like
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Deric Storm Deric Storm:
    Lucy said:
    Why did we decide creativity requires escaping from something? Why do so many of our metaphors for creativity imply that ordinary thinking is a restriction?
    Because creativity is also associated with freedom
    • Love
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • L :
    Guest LavernaS has joined the room.
  • L (Guest) LavernaS:
    Hey I lost access to here. My email is messlingkiddo2@Gmail.com if you want to reach me
    • Like
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Laverna I'm sure the admin could fix that :) maybe
    Quote Link
  • Charlet Charlet:
    I'm. Back in
    Quote Link
  • Charlet Charlet:
    Well as charlet
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    yay you got back in :)
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    but also....is @Tenchi Masaki doing okay? :(
    Quote Link
  • Tenchi Masaki Tenchi Masaki:
    Well yes actually. I was sick(lost my voice) and now I'm better and on vacation @Lucy
    Quote Link
    Tenchi Masaki Tenchi Masaki: Well yes actually. I was sick(lost my voice) and now I'm better and on vacation @Lucy
    Top