Q & A AMA - The Farmboy

AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Farmboy, Calamity, Stormblood
Color #
Deric Alexander Storm (hey, that’s me) was born in East Meadow, New York as an only child to a history professor father (Tim) and law clerk mother (Madeline or Maddie). While born in New York, he spent his formative years on the Storm family farm in Fairview, Nebraska and considers that ‘home.’ Despite spending his sophomore year of high school in and out of the hospital, Deric had a relatively normal childhood.

After graduating high school, Deric attended the University of Notre Dame on an academic scholarship. He graduated after 3 and half years with a Bachelor’s in History and a minor in education. While there, he achieved a childhood dream and played for two years with the Fighting Irish football team, mainly in a backup role on defense and special teams.

He was recruited to join ACME after an incident during an internship at the Field Museum in Chicago. After graduating from the Academy, Deric was originally placed in the undercover unit. After two years working in Undercover, he transferred to ACME HQ in San Francisco, where he has been stationed ever since.

Random Facts about Deric:

• His eye color is best described as cobalt. It’s a definitive Storm family trait as 70% of his family has the same eye color.
  • Deric has dark blond hair on his head but reddish facial hair, belying his Irish heritage.
  • He has two tattoos
  • Deric ascribes more to the “spirit” of the rule than the “letter”

I have nothing to hide and, as most people can tell you, I have no shame, so ask me anything...

Patty

Valkyrie
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Patt, Patts, Petite, Amber Cecelia Argos, Valkyrie
Color #
8d8844
Kks, tell me about Deric's tattoos, where did he get them and why?

AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Color #
Can you tell us about this "incident" at the Field Museum that led to you joining ACME?
Well, the Field Museum is known primarily for it's large tyrannosaurus skeleton named "Sue." Deric was an intern there when someone tried to steal the original skull (which is in it's own separate case, the head on the standing skeleton is a recreation). Deric, being a little overzealous, stopped the thieves "enthusiastically."

A recruiter for ACME happened to be at the museum as well and a couple days later approached Deric with a job offer.

Neb

The VILEiest VILE to ever VILE a VILE
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Nebuchadnezzar (Neb) Ullyss (formerly Kid Kidman), Kitty, Seryy Pripyat
Color #
323E4F
Why was Roc in and out of the hospital so much? Sports? Ninjas? Sports ninjas?

AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Color #
Kks, tell me about Deric's tattoos, where did he get them and why?
deric tattoo2.jpg
The first tattoo, which coincides with Neb's question below, is a tri-colored (green/white/orange) shamrock on my right bicep surrounded by the phrase "What does not kill me, makes me stronger" in Gaelic. I got it for my 18th birthday to surviving my sophomore year of high school.

deric back tattoo2.jpgThe second was something I got for my 20th birthday. It is on my upper back and shoulders. It's a white-feathered wing and a black-feathered wing, joined by a celtic cross. It is to remind me to not let my greater angels be shouted down by my minor demons.

Why was Roc in and out of the hospital so much? Sports? Ninjas? Sports ninjas?
Nothing quite so cool. I was dealing with a variant form of leukemia. Summer before my sophomore year, I just felt like crap and couldn't shake it. After two weeks without change, we went to the doctor who took a blood sample. It was diagnosed a week into school.

Last edited:
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Color #
Legos are awesome, until you step on one.

You mentioned Deric was recruited to ACME after the museum incident. Is ACME the career Deric wanted, or did the recruitment disrupt previous life plans?

I don't think disrupt is quite the right word, but no, ACME was not on my radar at first, but it's grown to be a second home for me. I originally wanted to be a history teacher or an archaeologist.

Latest posts

Latest threads

New Journals

Neutral Grounds
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Lucy Lucy:
    sounds interesting!
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    could you tell me more? :)
    Quote Link
  • Claire Yeon Claire Yeon:
    Blueberry lemonade, anyone? I assure you that there are only trace amounts of asbestos.
    +3
    Quote Link
  • Everly Everly:
    So probably not fatal?
    +1
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    just woke up from my nap and thought she said tea. It made me think of when Chase talked about his bubble tea and I'm still curious about it. By the way hello @Claire Yeon
    Quote Link
  • Everly Everly:
    what's bubble tea?
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I have no idea.
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I guess a google search is in order.
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    "a cold, frothy drink made with iced tea, sweetened milk or other flavorings, and usually with sweet black balls or “pearls” made from tapioca.Also called boba, pearl tea.:"
    Quote Link
  • Everly Everly:
    I think I've seen people selling it before
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    google says it tastes like cookies and cream
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    "Bubble tea is a Taiwanese tea-based drink invented in Tainan and Taichung in the 1980s. Recipes contain tea of some kind, flavors of milk, and sugar. Toppings, known as "pearls", such as chewy tapioca balls, popping boba, fruit jelly, grass jelly, agar jelly, and puddings are often added. Ice-blended versions are frozen and put into a blender, resulting in a slushy consistency. There are many varieties of the drink with a wide range of flavors. The two most popular varieties are black pearl milk "
    Quote Link
  • Invader Invader:
    Hello and good evening
    Quote Link
  • Everly Everly:
    hello Invader
    Quote Link
  • Claire Yeon Claire Yeon:
    Bubble tea is delicious. Another beverage I have not enjoyed in some time. Should fix that.
    Quote Link
  • Everly Everly:
    How are you doing, Invader?
    Quote Link
  • Jacqueline Hyde Jacqueline Hyde:
    Claire Yeon said:
    Blueberry lemonade, anyone? I assure you that there are only trace amounts of asbestos.
    how about moon dust?
    +1
    Quote Link
  • Jacqueline Hyde Jacqueline Hyde:
    Everly said:
    what's bubble tea?
    garbage
    Quote Link
  • Invader Invader:
    -I love just plain lemonade
    Quote Link
  • Invader Invader: