Open Quote of the Week

Best answers
3
Color #
White
Here are a few more great quotes from the 2003 movie Seabiscuit.

"You don't throw a whole life away just because he's banged up a little."
Tom Smith.

"You know, everyone thinks we got this broken-down horse and fixed him. But we didn't. He fixed us. And in a way, we fixed each other, too."
Red Pollard (Toby Maguire) :)
 

Jade

ACME
Best answers
8
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Jade
Color #
0099FF
I seen the movie 'Seabiscuit' but I never seen the movie 'Secretariat' (it's about a horse who is a Triple Crown winner in 1973 and I meaning the Kentucky Derby,Preakness and Belmont Stakes)...beside the last Triple Crown Winner is Affirmed in 1978 so many horses may have won Kentucky Derby and Preakness but never win in Belmont Stakes...and I mean in the right order.:halo:
 
Best answers
3
Color #
White
Hey Jade.

Yeah, Seabiscuit is a great movie and Secretariat is great too. We have always loved animals. We have 5 cats in the house, several and several more in the barn. We have 4 American Quarter horses and 1 Paint horse. My mom especially loves the horses, and we watch all the Triple Crown races every year. So I know all about Affirmed and all of that. I'm starting to think that we will never have another Triple Crown winner in our lifetime. But I still look forward to watching the Kentucky Derby. Thanks for your comment. :)
 

Ivy

Commander
Best answers
0
Known Aliases
Iv', Ives
Color #
008080
I have missed a few of these since I last checked this thread. They are all so amazing. You have a way with selecting the right quotes and making the artwork.
 

Latest posts

Latest threads

New Journals

Neutral Grounds
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Does anyone know whether Patty or Joe might eventually pick up again? I kind of liked their P.O.V. :)
    Quote Link
  • Jade Jade:
    Same with Carmen, Chase, Ivy, Zack, Lee Jordan and the other canon and/or non-canon characters [well, except for myself, you and the rest],@Lucy.
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    I'm one of the rare active ones
    • Like
    Reactions: Jade
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    . Guys meet Yuki
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    This fanfic series is good it's disablity awareness Stories
    Quote Link
  • Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Was just thinking, when someone says think outside the box....why does it have to be a box? Why can't it be anything you want? Like a closet? Or a door? Hehe
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    But also....why does there have to be a box at all?
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Okay this might need to become a topic....here's one step further..."Why are we assuming thinking has an “inside” and an “outside” at all?"
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Why did we decide creativity requires escaping from something? Why do so many of our metaphors for creativity imply that ordinary thinking is a restriction?
    Quote Link
  • Victorique Victorique:
    It's because it hinges on the idea that everyone wants to be ordinary (aka "normal") and that being anything other should be punishable socially. It stems from imperial modes of thinking that harm people not white-cis-straight-abled-perisex-etc because the idea of normal is centred on "some guy"-isms
    • Like
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    . Who likes my drawing of honey senpai
    • Like
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Deric Storm Deric Storm:
    Lucy said:
    Why did we decide creativity requires escaping from something? Why do so many of our metaphors for creativity imply that ordinary thinking is a restriction?
    Because creativity is also associated with freedom
    • Love
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • L :
    Guest LavernaS has joined the room.
  • L (Guest) LavernaS:
    Hey I lost access to here. My email is messlingkiddo2@Gmail.com if you want to reach me
    • Like
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Laverna I'm sure the admin could fix that :) maybe
    Quote Link
  • Charlet Charlet:
    I'm. Back in
    Quote Link
  • Charlet Charlet:
    Well as charlet
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    yay you got back in :)
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    but also....is @Tenchi Masaki doing okay? :(
    Quote Link
  • Tenchi Masaki Tenchi Masaki:
    Well yes actually. I was sick(lost my voice) and now I'm better and on vacation @Lucy
    Quote Link
    Tenchi Masaki Tenchi Masaki: Well yes actually. I was sick(lost my voice) and now I'm better and on vacation @Lucy
    Top