Plot Line B?

systemcat

Visitor From Another AU
Best answers
I've never really attempted to save drafts for later posting on FaceBook. Normally my posts over there take anything from the span of a few minutes to a half and hour of typing to create.

How old is your computer? I replaced a laptop I knew was dying when the stimulus check happened. But even then what I'm using now is a few years old second hand from eBay.

Care so share some details about your coming story? ?

Today I wrapped up proof checking chapter three of Vocal Canvases. ... I feel I have to explain why this proof checking is taking so long to do. I'm reading and re-reading everything to check for errors not automatically caught by the office word processor software I'm using. Sometimes I won't catch a grammar mistake in my work until I'll read over the paragraph five times.

This morning I had to re-write and check over a paragraph because I'd failed to write in with draft one. Exactly how do the VILE henchmen in uniform differ in appearance for team Scarlet Lily compared to uniforms used by other teams. This difference in draft one was only touched on in scant.

The voice actor has disappeared off radar for the moment but I'm sure I'll be hearing from him again soon. I have the impression he is really just starting into this form of work and that is why he agreed to volunteer his talent to the audiobook ( that's also why I refused to nitpick his performance. I want to try and encourage him ) . I've asked him for suggestions of how to promote him with the YouTube posting and he prior to audiobook's completion. Seemed game I think to go along with how I default in the past have promoted other voice actors who have worked under me.

Until he gets back to me, the video is going to be unlisted on the site encase he wants to be presented differently than assumed. What I posted in comments to the video for him was where he could be contacted professionally, giving a link to his profile.

I'll PM you the link. ?
Please note B-Side Tracks is the second story of an internal trilogy in the series. Feedback please ? .

I still don't have the medication but at the same time other health matters are being addressed. ?

systemcat

Visitor From Another AU
Best answers
Working on this page as you guys know is not why it took so terribly long to make it.

Already last to my knowledge the voice actor who worked on B-Side Tracks has now started his work on Accepting and Escaping Tomorrow. B-Side stopped being so dragged out in working on it once I stopped multitasking so much. ... I enjoy multitasking but what can you do about so many hours of the day. I've admitted to people offline I consider myself a caffeine addict.

At least working on editing Accepting and Escaping Tomorrow won't be as hard. With B-Side I wanted to bang my head against the wall because of how hard OpenShot Video is to work with on sound editing. Now I have a better understanding of the software & it's quirks.

Still proof checking Vocal Canvases. Right now I'm into what I see as the second part of the plane trip. The plane trip basically being a three part story event.

After almost one month, around 5 pm yesterday the CEO of Game Over got back to me telling me of my acceptance and providing a vender ID number. On Sept. 9th I had sent him an acknowledged & signed PDF as to my agreement to company terms. I can't start making prints right away. Do you guys have any video game fan art ideas you think would sell? Bare in mind this store entirely caters to old school gaming. All the way from the early days of Atari to strangely enough 3DS.

I swear one day I'm going to re-claim owning the big gray brick buying it from them. I have tons of cartridges for the system.

I think it was Charlet who showed this off? Getting ahold of a Funko Pop Carmen.
Recently Funko announced added in Inspector Gadget ones and I couldn't resist the buy. But to have fun in regards to hobby. Because the AU I write is based with a few DiC series I got the Carmen one too but not the sparkly one. What's a bummer to this is the other series note worthy that I write in have no Funko Pops. With nods to Heathcliff and The Catillac Cats, it's a shame blank base animals for these Pops don't exist. The other series none existent to Funko right now are, Mysterious Cities of Gold and The Littles. ?

systemcat

Visitor From Another AU
Best answers
Thank you. ?
I feel a little burned about last night if you read between the lines into today. ... and it's wrong to go further into that.
No one saw at all what I posted the night before that.
If anyone wants to see that one page catch up ... I doubt any takers, never mind.

Page 80 only took a while to produce since I'm doing a mountain of work in the background. Still proofing. .. At least I know I did well on chapter 4.

Last edited:

systemcat

Visitor From Another AU
Best answers
... Is this thread still being read?
... ... Vocal Canvases got ignored on DA as I expected it would be.
I have the impression it has one solo reader here moving through it. I already know it's been read completely by one person.
On the totally unexpected note, a piece from me might be getting a 24 hour span limelight at some point I think in the next few weeks on DA.

Best answers
Color #
White
I am trying to catch up on my reading here. If you look at the chapters for the prose only "Vocal Canvases" you will see a ❤ at the end of Chapters 1 & 2; and I did this to let you know that I had read it; and how much I like it. I know you think you aren't good at stories that are just prose; But it is really quite good. Maybe when I get done reading it, I will go back and look at the link you posted on Deviant Art, as well; just to understand the "backstory" /Prologue with Rupert Scolex, a bit better; but even not having done that, yet, the story is very good, and unfolding nicely. I compare it to "Harry Potter" in that you may get more out of it, if you read the books, and grew up on them; but you can just watch the movies (especially if you watch them all) and still enjoy them and get something good out of it. I also like the Scolex base in the mountain; it kinda reminded me of when I usta watch "Star Gate: SG-1." I also like how things are going with Greg Leeds and the two criminal sisters. And I really like Jocelyn. ?

I have visited Deviant Art a few times, to look at things you have put up links to; and although there is a lot of great content there; but doesn't seem to be a lot of interaction/comments from people on there; and I'm sure that's frustrating for you; because you've been there awhile. But I assure you, that things are not like that here. People have many reasons for going quiet on here; things going on IRL; being in different parts of the world/different time zones--and maybe not having actually looked at (or had a chance to comment, yet) but I assure you, people here are very social and supportive, and would never just ignore you.

Just keep doing what you're doing; just post things when you can; and I promise, we will all catch up, eventually. ? ❤

systemcat

Visitor From Another AU
Best answers
Gives a big hug! You're the person I was noting I was aware was reading the story. I figured the Like clicks were your way of saying you'd finished reading that part.

What I wrote on DA for this wasn't much. It was just explaining in short how the story came about. I think I've extended this offer before and I'll give it again. If you want I could send you more inside information on the story. The Inspector Gadget influencing side in it along with misc. pieces of information surrounding it.

The bit with Mt. Everfrost in Warland Montana isn't new into the series. First brought up in And the Forge of Hate, the hollowed out mountain was noted as MAD's HQ. MAD prior to Doctor Claw's take over by force was named Scolex Enterprises.
The idea behind it wasn't inspired from Star Gate SG-1. It came from a visual idea used in the Classic Inspector Gadget series. Of sometimes Doctor Claw's HQ mansion was setup on a mountain or hill peak. To me that felt too cliche to write so I switched it to being inside the mountain.

Rupert Scolex exactly hasn't come up before. Even through the name Scolex to a leader has. By the time of B-Side Tracks set in '89. The organization's ownership has been handed over to Stanford Scolex who Doctor Claw kills in '91.
Sharpened Claws with a single panel is the only time Less Renowned and Sadie have come up before. But there it's framed pictures on the wall.

Jocelyn is what kicked off this branch of the AU at least in the sense of really giving a better focus to the Carmen Sandiego side of things. Before her a.k.a. Gadget Girl, it was nods ACME had once been and was now a part of HAPPY. Bringing up Zack & Ivy, and Crime Net. Because Jocelyn's origin story is set so far back in the past, it had to be a different group of bad guys she'd be facing. Hence the idea hit me her facing VILE felt ideal since they hadn't been up front addressed before. I had a couple mild ideas surrounding VILE before, but nothing written on public record for the AU.

Please leave a review when you're fully finished with the story. ?

DeviantArt gives deep cause for depression. I kid not I saw a sketch done on lined paper with poor contrast, get more views. The site used to be a respectable artist social site. Now it's .. you don't want to hear me rant again about the place. At least if I was reading in correctly to what a CV told me yesterday morning in a note. For 24 hours coming up at some point .. but I could be jinxing the reward. Besides I have the impression no one cares about the reward anymore in viewing.

systemcat

Visitor From Another AU
Best answers
Page 83 is going to be delayed a little and there's nothing I can do about that. I kid not my tablet had a weird death last night. I spent until around I think 2:30 am text chatting with Huion tech support. They couldn't figure out what happened either. On the surface it looked to be a driver issue but I think it's a hardware one. At the end of the chat I thanked whoever is was I was talking with and not known to them. They knew in the end I was ready to buy a new tablet. Unknown to them I went to Amazon and bought a Gaomon one. I figure if a cheap Huion tablet doesn't even last a year, it's not worth getting another from the same company. On the other hand their tech support people are amazing saints dealing with customer service.

One panel was already fully finished and another panel more than 50% finished when the Huion tablet suffered it's strange death. ... I'm not even going to be reporting this on DA or IGU. Weird timing all three active IG webcomics are suffering from art hardware failure. Two other webcomic authors. One had her stylist die. The other had her Mac die. If I said anything on the sites, they'd read my comments and maybe think my tablet dying was a copycat lie to their hardware problems.

To better notes Mr. Wilhelm seems gearing up to do audiobook voice work for Devil's Blood. Mr. Nagel or David I normally call him. He seems about to do his voice work for the audiobook of Silver Light. Mr. Tiedeken I know is planning to voice work on Snake Pit and Vocal Canvases for their audiobook adaptions. Tiedeken was originally going to be the voice actor for Devil's Blood. Here's something you guys might get a kick from. Him and I have spoken before by text message and in that I learned he enjoyed Inspector Gadget. But when him and I were talking over the phone. When he said he'd take on a different project. I bundled Snake Pit & Vocal Canvases together. I also told him that even though it was set in the same fiction alternate universe, it wasn't much IG, it more leaned into Carmen Sandiego. The guy recognized the fandom and seemed to have approve it was CS fan fiction. In other words he came across as more eager for those stories based on knowing the root fandom they stemmed from.

Tenchi Masaki

ACME Ace Detective, Inventor
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Tenko(don't ask), Kami Jack, Guy Smart, Tenten
Color #
Your next computer will work hopefully and your technical difficulties are not going to be seen as suspicious computers die all the time... unless they’re apple *my old stuff still works*

systemcat

Visitor From Another AU
Best answers
... I've been trying to think of how to promptly reply.

You guys in this forum have never seen me fully produce any page on a tablet as I think you're taking my words. Meaning you believe it's an Android, iPad or Surface.

Remember months and months back it was my Wacom ( drawing ) tablet that's driver stopped being recognized correctly. That tablet was replaced and re-training myself to work with the Huion tablet is how that short CS comic happened from me. Near the same time of the driver failure is when my Dell computer was on it's deathbed. I replaced it knowing it was problematic keep using it daily as it's condition worsened.

+.

The Huion suffered and unknown hardware issue and had to be replaced.

Latest posts

Latest threads

New Journals

Neutral Grounds
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know David Attenborough was knighted twice? First in 1985, and again in 2002
    • Wow
    • Interesting
    Reactions: Jade and Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    @Lucy ... don't know if you really want wolf spiders in your home... I'd go for jumping spiders, they can't bite... wolf spiders are the fast movers, and they can bite.
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    And, jumpers are cute
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((Will lose my ACP internet towards the end of the month, unless anyone knows about it ending sooner. Trying to switch my Lifeline phone to a better provider that doesn't shut me off after four and a half gigs of data, nothing but failure so far and "call here" and "it's on their end" and the back and forth crap... in the morning, it's time to demand the supervisor and might even get to harsh language (after three days of that). I plan to use the Lifeline phone tethered as Internet source, share that to my own router... I've done it before (it's messy, and not 100% effective, but it works). ))
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((The 'net is the main way to apply for jobs now, so I need that, and I've moved/changed Lifeline providers before without an issue, so no idea what the problem is. I have active Verizon through ACP, active Lifeline through Airtalk... is that somehow the issue? If anyone knows, please let me know before I tear someone a new one (ya know what I mean). After three days of this, and two days about a month ago, I'm ready to walk there with katana in hand.))
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((And, thoughout this process, I want to port my number (have the info for that) and use the phone I have (Samsung Galaxy S9... gotten for free through Airtalk... note to anyone: if you choose a nice phone through them, you are locked into a 120 day "commitment" to get the phone for free, and they have a very hard data limit... once you use up your data, they cut you off, point blank.))
    Quote Link
    Jon Eckart Jon Eckart: ((And, thoughout this process, I want to port my number (have the info for that) and use the...