Open Gifts & Things 2015

Zack

ACME
Best answers
Known Aliases
Zack, Z, Lil'bro, Dan, Zack-Daniels, Bacon
Color #
@Invader, Merry Christmas! I got you this Ghost Buster's pinball machine.
agameroomjunkies.com_wp_content_uploads_2012_09_GJ_Ghostbusters1.jpg

And to @Jade, I've upgraded your ACME Padphone with the last Zack-atack system to help you catch criminals even faster! Happy Holidays!

Flag

V.I.L.E.
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Color #
Stone Harbor wasn't a place that Flag liked to visit often. While the people that ran the place were his associates, there were just too many of them. People were uncomfortable. The resources that they provided, however, were useful and something that he needed now.

Courtesy dictated that they check in at the theater upon arrival and this was where he found himself now. Much to his surprise, it was empty save for a couple of underlings that generally haunted the place.

They were huddled around an array of boxes and giggling wildly. Before he knew it, he was towering over them, spying at their antics with an inadvertent curiosity.

"We're sending a Christmas package to ACME."

One of his eyebrows shot up. "Why?"

"Because they keep us employed."

The minion that had not spoke previously jabbed the other with her elbow. "No moron. We keep them employed. They keep us entertained."

"Oh. Right." The first girl giggled. "Whatever. This is for fun. You want to add something?" She smiled up at Flag.

He made a noise at the idea and walked off. Sending a present to their enemies was ridiculous and the fact that they were being non-ironic about it was even more so.

Perhaps this was why the fact that he started pondering on what he would add to the box was so strange. Before he even knew it, he was entertaining the idea of a contribution. What would he give who? The one agent that he respected in previous lives seemed to have answered a second calling instead and was out of the picture.

The only other person that he knew at ACME was the director and the idea of sending him a present was cringeworthy at best...

.. but there was a certain allure to it.

He found himself in the theater's abandoned gift shop. It had been picked over and ransacked many times and he wasn't sure why he was even making an effort to look over the piles left behind.

"Blah."

Flag turned around to head out and passed a rack that held greeting cards and small journals. He backtracked and allowed his eyes to land on a medium sized Moleskine™ notebook, which he pulled off the shelf and flipped through.

The pages and smooth black cover were completely blank. It was unintentionally perfect.

The truth was that he didn't think much of Chase Devereaux. With all of the various adjustments to the timeline that everyone suffered unknowingly, he was the only one that didn't change in the slightest. While everyone else followed their gut instincts and bettered themselves, he remained solid as a rock.

A book full of empty pages reflected that sentiment. Of course there was always the chance that the director would use the book and fill the pages, but that was satisfying in another way. Whatever he did with it, he'd be working with parameters that Flag defined. In a weird sort of way, he would have complete control over a tiny part of the man's life.

He peeled off any labels that would differentiate the journal from its generic counterparts around the world and left the gift shop to give it to the girls. "Make sure this gets to the director."

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v298_dragonmun_20151224_230919.jpg

Jade

ACME
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Jade
Color #
0099FF
@Chase: a bottle of cologne oil made of Frankincense from Somalia,Sandalwood from Australia and citrus high notes and there's no alcohol in it.:halo:

@Lee: a small yet tasty Lechon kawali (pork belly) is from a Filipino chef I called in to order earlier I told the chef to charbroiled it.

@Zack: a one-year membership to Bacon of The Month club.
(Don't worry there's more to come.)

Latest posts

Latest threads

New Journals

Neutral Grounds
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I just heard on the news they're going to have to remove the Sakura trees in Washington because of damage to a sea wall. They have to build a sea wall and replant new trees.
    Reactions: Jade
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    They were a gift from the mayor of Tokyo!
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Okay wait. Only 158 of the 2,500 have to be taken down. They are also taking clippings from the cut down trees to propagate new ones
    Reactions: Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Is everyone ready for the solar eclipse on April 8th, 2024? :)
    Quote Link
  • Invader Invader:
    yes
    Quote Link
  • Tenchi Masaki Tenchi Masaki:
    Affirmative
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    I’m staying inside
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I just found a wolf spider in my house. :D
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    one of the GOOD spiders you want around because they eat all the really bad bugs in the house. We put them outside :)
    Reactions: Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know there are over 400 species of parrots in the world??
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know David Attenborough was knighted twice? First in 1985, and again in 2002
    • Wow
    • Interesting
    Reactions: Jade and Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    @Lucy ... don't know if you really want wolf spiders in your home... I'd go for jumping spiders, they can't bite... wolf spiders are the fast movers, and they can bite.
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    And, jumpers are cute
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((Will lose my ACP internet towards the end of the month, unless anyone knows about it ending sooner. Trying to switch my Lifeline phone to a better provider that doesn't shut me off after four and a half gigs of data, nothing but failure so far and "call here" and "it's on their end" and the back and forth crap... in the morning, it's time to demand the supervisor and might even get to harsh language (after three days of that). I plan to use the Lifeline phone tethered as Internet source, share that to my own router... I've done it before (it's messy, and not 100% effective, but it works). ))
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((The 'net is the main way to apply for jobs now, so I need that, and I've moved/changed Lifeline providers before without an issue, so no idea what the problem is. I have active Verizon through ACP, active Lifeline through Airtalk... is that somehow the issue? If anyone knows, please let me know before I tear someone a new one (ya know what I mean). After three days of this, and two days about a month ago, I'm ready to walk there with katana in hand.))
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((And, thoughout this process, I want to port my number (have the info for that) and use the phone I have (Samsung Galaxy S9... gotten for free through Airtalk... note to anyone: if you choose a nice phone through them, you are locked into a 120 day "commitment" to get the phone for free, and they have a very hard data limit... once you use up your data, they cut you off, point blank.))
    Quote Link
    Jon Eckart Jon Eckart: ((And, thoughout this process, I want to port my number (have the info for that) and use the...