Archived Blue Moon Masquerade

Caution Advised
This thread may include adult content including violence, strong language or nudity, readers' discretion is advised.

Chase

Director
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Boss (situational)
Color #
((This was originally written for the blue moon in 2009, should be noted that another blue moon occurred during similar dates in 2017))

Chief

Chief of ACME
Best answers
Known Aliases
Dr. Everard Weller
Rating: PG-13
What: A Masquerade in celebration of a Blue Moon New Years Eve (December has 2 full moons).
Where: Basilica di Santa Maria della Salute, Venice, Italy

At home for the holidays, Chief was forwarded the following message:

To the honourable Dr. Everard Weller of the ACME Detective Agency;

This is Jeffrey Bruno, Public Relations officer of the office of the Consulate of Italy. As discussed with Mr. Chase Devineaux in the summer of this year, we would like to extend our gratitude to the services provided by your organisation.

The Mayor of the city of Venice cordially invites selected members of the ACME Detective agency to a celebration on the pavilion of the Basilica di Santa Maria della Salute.

Date: December 31
The dress code is Black Tie, Masquerade. You are welcome to be in full costume.

Please RSVP by December 26.

With cordial regards,
J. Bruno

This looked important, and Chief immediately posted a virtual bulletin to all members of ACME. To Chase, he wrote an additional message: "It seems you will need to go to this one, enjoy Venice."

[OOC: Enjoy the party, everybody!]

Patty

Valkyrie
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Patt, Patts, Petite, Amber Cecelia Argos, Valkyrie
Color #
8d8844
Patty was at VILE Headquarters, going through new catalogs for fashion accessories when a henchman ran up to her.

"More noise, you want to sift through them now or later?" He handed her a disk full of stuff they got from ACME communications. Most of the secure stuff is never deciphered, but Patty ends up with the day to day emails and messages agents get.

"I'll take them," Patty sighed, she didn't want to get stuck with this later. The guy left and Pats sifted through info. She passed by the word 'Masquerade' twice before she realized this was a mass email ACME's Chief forwarded out. Saving it, she immediately sent a copy to Carmen.

Emma Bezzle

V.I.L.E.
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Emma, Em, Bez, or Bezzy
Color #
A0522D
Loralye was chewing her hair. It was a habit that Lora started when she concentrated very hard on something. That "something" was an idea. Lora was trying to work out all the kinks for her new invention idea; she wanted it perfect when the idea is presented to Carmen.

Looking up, Lora saw a henchman going to give more noise for Patty to decipher. Lora groaned internally. She was thinking too hard and a distraction would do her brain good.

Following the henchman's path, Loralye found where Patty was. "Anything interesting?" she asked.

Carmen

Queen of Crime
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Color #
Hyatt Regency London - The Churchill

Carmen, under the alias of Morgan Kent, was spending a few nights in London after a planned trip near Minsk, Belarus ended with satisfaction. An Italian tour group, presumably of dignitaries, resided at the same hotel. From them, Carmen had been hearing about the Blue Moon New Year's Eve party straddling the Grand Canal from St. Mark's square to the Salute.

Near the end of the day, she received a forwarded invitation from Patty. A momentary hesitation arose as she contemplated her next moves. This would be an open party full of law enforcement and ACME agents. What were the possibilities of a 'selected' amount of V.I.L.E. agents surviving such odds... once in a blue moon, perhaps?

"Patty," Carmen replied via voice, "take the Carrier out, send a message to all free agents, pick them up, and meet me near Venice for an early Carnival. Be prepared."

On her way to the hotel's The Churchill Bar, she purposely ran into one of the Italians who had been boasting about that masquerade. He apologised, she apologised, and after a brief English Afternoon Tea, Morgan Kent had a copy of the printed invitation.

(V.I.L.E. Agents, you are to assume that you have been contacted by Patty, the 'Carrier' mentioned above is a large plane in which you will be picked up. You would have been in Venice for approximately one week before the party begins, please feel free to describe your costume in full detail and post your arrival after Chase's first post. My thanks.)

Chase

Director
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Boss (situational)
Color #
Basilica di Santa Maria della Salute

5:50 PM (1750hrs), Local Time (10 minutes before the party starts)
Venice, Italy, 54 °F (12°C). Clear skies.

A calming shade of warm gray under the setting sun, the pavilion in front of the Basilica di Santa Maria della Salute laid in preparation for an evening of light cocktails and flutters of conversations.

The Italians arrived on time along with their families, which usually included the oldest and youngest members. This sort of event was an expensive curiosity, and Venice never lacked them. Little girls quickly head into small groups, comparing their costumes; while boys tend to stand close to the pier, playing near the dark waters until their mother, aunt, or grandmother--half speaking to friends and half watching the children--would change their voice from normal speech to a loud parental threat for the boys to move back into the party.

As the moon rose, temperatures dropped. Waiters lit fires in containers arranged by party organizers. Tall tables made for standing and talking formed a grid a few meters apart from one another. The masquerade also extended into the nearby building. A former Customs House was now a Contemporary Arts museum where guests may sit and talk in the warmth should the pavilion become too cold.

Chase Devineaux stood modestly in a tuxedo and black eye-mask at the steps of the basilica next to the Public Relations officer, Jeffrey Bruno; being introduced to a few of the city's notables. He had been in Venice since December 28 and planned to stay until January 2. The train of people to meet seemed endless, and he slowly grew burdened by the lack of familiar faces. He was never fully comfortable attending large, open-air parties--and Masquerades, with people parading around wearing costumes, seemed even more absurd--but he understood society, and getting along with such people was currently his job.

[[The party starts after this post, go ahead and write your entries.]]

Narrator

Fledgling
Best answers
((Original post written by DetectiveAwesome as Daniel Ainsworth))

For the past few hours Daniel Ainsworth felt overdressed in a French inspired mousquetaire costume, complete mask, rapier, and poufy hat. At least he wasn’t alone, the other two musketeers of ACME were by his side, Nevon Blair and Pete Moss. Tonight they were Athos, Porthos, and Aramis… though the three hadn’t decided who was who.

As soon they arrived at the party, however, Dan actually felt a bit under dressed. It seemed some folks went all out, with costumes the size of small parade floats. There must have been hundreds of people, and the night was just kicking off.

Danny could see Chase Devineaux among some important looking people and photographers, and he thought he might have recognized some other ACME agents in the crowd. Just then some fancy people in long beaked crow masks and sparkling black robes offered them a plate of canapés and champagne flutes.

“Talk about being posh… glad we decided to skip the TV countdown and come here this year.” Danny said as he took a glass.

Nevon

ACME
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Color #
6a99a6
Nevon adjusted the feather in his hat. He moved it in different directions but only made it worse. When he put on the hat, the feather fell to cover his face.

"Hey Dan," Nevon nudged his friend, "this doesn't look right. I have Porthos's boots, if you remember the movie, but you have Athos's vest... no one's going believe we're actually the three musketeers!"

Nevon's rant was canceled when he spotted Chase with a train of important people near the church. Press and photographers were everywhere. "This is the best party ever!" He hit Dan's shoulders, "we're going to be on TV!"

Narrator

Fledgling
Best answers
((Original post written by Crimson))

(OOC: I have received permission to meet up with LadyLoralye.)

Crimson had just returned from spending a vacation in Greece with her boyfriend's children and grandchild. It was a very relaxing trip and a great way to bond with his kids, that are older than her. "That is really awkward" she thought to herself, "and if we get married I would be a grandmother..." The former model shuddered not just because of the cold, but because of the thought of being a grandmother.

Crim had decided to come to Venice after the kids went back home. She had always wanted to see Venice. After this little excursion, she would head to Milan. Of course, a lot of shopping would be done there. Crimson was in Venice for one specific reason, though, thanks to a certain forwarded message.

The gondola ride was quite relaxing. She looked over her texts again. Crimson was supposed to meet up with Lory now that the gondola was docked.

The fun thing will be finding her in this crowd of people.

Emma Bezzle

V.I.L.E.
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Emma, Em, Bez, or Bezzy
Color #
A0522D
Loralye wandered nervously through the crowds. When she asked Patty if there was anything interesting, Lora had no idea what she was getting herself into. Crimson had insisted on taking her shopping and picking out a gown. Finally, after hours of looking, they had settled on a strapless, black flowing gown with silver crystal beading. As for the mask to conceal her identity, Lora chose a white mask with beading on the bottom.

She checked her phone to see if Crimson had sent her a message...Nope. Lora didn't like this one bit. Sure she loved the ball, but a ball where everyone's in a mask and could potentially be an ACME agent? Loralye was all for taking risks, but this seemed to be pushing the envelope.

She grabbed a drink off a waiter's tray and sipped. Thank God the drinking age in Italy was sixteen, this was going to be a long night.

Eugene

Airfield Staff
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Euge, Earl Jr.
Color #
Euge slipped his mask over his face moments before entering sight of the pavilion. The three faced mask he wore had been a special acquisition for the sole purpose of this party; the left side of his head was a black mask of tragedy, and the right a white mask of comedy. They were bridged by a piece over his eyes and nose where the two colors swirled together. After tonight, it would join several other masks on his office wall.

Euge briefly broke step to adjust his mask and make sure his aviators were still in his jacket pocket. Satisfied everything was in place, he scanned the crowd. He wasn't looking for familiar faces, of course there wouldn't be any, but for eye catching masks and costumes. He spotted a trio dressed as musketeers and briefly wondered if they were Nevon, Dan, and Pete, for he had heard a rumor they had picked out those exact costumes. "Time to find out." Euge thought to himself, and grabbed a drink before making his way towards them.

Narrator

Fledgling
Best answers
((Originally written by Crimson))

The former model removed her cloak and gave it to some worker.

Crimson looked like a princess and felt like one, too. She was wearing a white elegant gown with some intricate, hand - sewn silver detail with her matching silver shoes. Dangling from her ears were a pair of pearl drop earrings. She also was wearing a matching white mask with silver detail. Crimson's shoulder - length, chestnut colored hair was curled loosely. She figured she could pull off the all white look now that she had the perfect tan from her 'bonding time.'

She continued to look around and spotted Lora drinking some alcoholic drink. Crimson ran over to her friend and gave her a hug. "The party has barely started and you are already drinking? You look fab by the way!" she said to Lory.

Latest posts

Latest threads

New Journals

Neutral Grounds
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((So... is it me or does the board not process double-space between sentences as double-space? Kinda bugs me, but I'll live))
    Quote Link
  • I :
    Guest invaderhorizongreen has joined the room.
  • I (Guest) invaderhorizongreen:
    Deric Storm said:
    Invader, have you checked your spam folder. Sometimes, I've had password reset emails go in there
    yes I have checked spam nothing
    Quote Link
    I even have the site white listed, for a wild shot can any of you post a new question in the guessing game I had set up
    Quote Link
    I would like to see if that will get my email to ping
    • Interesting
    Reactions: Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
    I know that might just be a shot in the dark but why not try
    Quote Link
  • Tenchi Masaki Tenchi Masaki:
    Sure why not?
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I hope you get it fixed Invader!!
    Reactions: Jade
    Quote Link
  • Dj Inn(Djinn) :
    Dj Inn(Djinn) has left the room.
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Good Morning everybody. I hope you all have a wonderful day :)
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know a group of Jellyfish is called a Smack? -Nat Geo
    Quote Link
    Smack O’ jellies is now a term
    • Haha
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((OOC: So, I am still here (at least, while ACP is still a thing, then I have to tether my phone to my laptop, send it's internet to Ethernet to my router and setup my other laptop to access that... I managed it once totally by accident)... updating stuff I'm working on is not a fun process (if anyone checks my stories folder on my Google Drive) anymore... the laptop at my desk is old (Core 2 Duo, 2Ghz, 4 gigs RAM, Win7 Ultimate)... Chrome won't update, Drive won't work... I'm stuck using FreeFileSync to keep stuff up to datep things synced. I have plans of getting a job and having money to have something better (a doorstop is better)
    • Love
    Reactions: Julie Justice
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    [continuing] I'm sorry if any of my posts are/could be inflammatory or anything... some of them are stuff I've had in the pipeline for a while, and I messed with it enough to get it postable... that's why there are dates showing when I started working on stuff... I'm not, and never have been, trying to step on anyone's toes or say "this is how it should be"... I have no say here, not sure who does these days (like I posted... maybe this is a test to see if we devolve into chaos). Posts like Hierarchy were started long ago, and meant as a guideline and not because I'm the voice of Sauron.
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    [continuing] I don't have the time to be here a whole lot, I don't have much beyond mom to help with my rent (and once I have a job, that'll take up more time, though I will keep working on stuff (both for here and not) as often as possible, and post when possible on here. I have a question that needs some clarification... being that we are supposed to get permission from the person if we use their character in an addition/story/post, how would that apply if the character is core to the universe (like Carmen... I can replace @Chase, maybe cobble someone into @Ivy's place... but, like @Carmen, being that she's a major character, as long as I don't have her acting or write a major part for her, would that circumvent the rule at all?
    • Love
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    [continuing] I'm just curious... the absence of the major's leaves a gap that I'm not sure what to do with anything... we (the Left Behind) could do a story together (or some stories separate), and that'd be cool, but without being able to use any major's, I'm not sure where to take anything. And, yeah... you can probably guess what my typing is like here (or anyplace else)... I type here or in Word, I type something (or notepad), and 15-20+ seconds later it shows up, so I have to stay on top of my grammar and spelling. I have to keep on top of all that, because I'm working on the big Carmen story at the same time, so I can't slip off my game.))
    • Love
    Quote Link
  • Julie Justice Julie Justice:
    @Jon Eckart Not exactly sure if I understand all your computer probs. I hope you get those resolved soon. Yes, I have many probs with my basic Google Chrome, too. I think it's fair to say we all have a love/hate relationship with technology. 😆 As far as your stories are concerned, you can use any cannon character you like, whether there is a person playing that role on here or not. Say the story is a fanfiction; and that the version of Chase, or Carmen (or whoever) from the computer games, gameshow (or whatever). We don't do Netflix Carmen, mostly because of the violence. And because it is fanfiction, you can also create other characters and situations to suit your story. Now, Chase, Carme, Ivy (or whoever) were here, of course, you would ask their permission; tell them your idea; and if they like it they might write it with you. 🙂
    Quote Link
    @Jon Eckart Now, if you for a friendship with someone on--and off-site, you might form a partnership with them, and write stories together (like Chase and Carmen; or Chase and Ivy; or Lucy and I) and then you will just put a statement saying that this story is a co-write with whoever. In fact, if you collaborate with this person a lot, people will just assume they have your permission; although you should always say it anyway, just as a common courtesy. In fact, ironically, the only people whose permission you must always ask to use their characters are "original" characters, who are creations of their individual writers (which most of us on here, are) specifically because we are not cannon. I hope that makes sense. 🙂
    Quote Link
    @Jon Eckart Now, if you want to write something, but don't have a lot of time, I would suggest posting a status; or replying to someone else's status. Or you could start a guessing game. Look under Forums/Guessing Games, and look at some things other people have done, to give you ideas. I hope that helps. 🙂
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know that the Mockingbird is the state bird of 5 states? Florida, Arkansas, Mississippi, Tennessee, and Texas.
    Quote Link
    It seems the Mock-5 is unstoppable... Go Speed Go!
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I just heard on the news they're going to have to remove the Sakura trees in Washington because of damage to a sea wall. They have to build a sea wall and replant new trees.
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    They were a gift from the mayor of Tokyo!
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Okay wait. Only 158 of the 2,500 have to be taken down. They are also taking clippings from the cut down trees to propagate new ones
    Quote Link
    Lucy Lucy: Okay wait. Only 158 of the 2,500 have to be taken down. They are also taking clippings from the...