Q & A AMA - Eugene Grovington

Eugene

Airfield Staff
Best answers
0
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Euge, Earl Jr.
Color #
003366
What is one of your most memorable experiences while flying? Has there ever been a time where you thought you wouldn't walk away from the landing?
(There is a journal in the pipeline expanding on Eugene's hallucination in Ultramarine. It will be at least a partial answer to the second part of your question.)

Besides one notable event, I haven't been the subject of any catastrophic aviation incidents. There have been close calls though, more than I can easily count, despite my precautionary efforts. The more mundane ones consist of equipment failure, severe weather, or some ungodly combination of severe weather and equipment failure.

The more colorful moments involved close calls with terrain (both intentional and happenstance), angry locals, people who don't want to leave, people who really want to leave, and the people who make both happen.

More than any of those adrenaline provoking times, my most memorable moments are during the quiet times, when I get to see things that very few others do; flying under the aurora borealis at the height of a solar storm, looking out at distant lightning on a moonless night, skirting the edges of a TFR during Super Bowl or the World Cup, approaching a beachfront airport over a bay packed with sailboats readying for an offshore race. I could go on and on. It's impossible to pick just one.
 

Chase

Director
Best answers
5
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Boss (situational)
Color #
536373
Remember when the C-5 was declared non-functional and we started renting planes to fill flights until we were able to order in a full collection of commercial carriers? That was probably the longest and largest 'operation' that you were a part of, and even instrumental in.

Off the top of your head, what other operations could you recall from memory?
 

Eugene

Airfield Staff
Best answers
0
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Euge, Earl Jr.
Color #
003366
What's your favorite aircraft to fly?
Throwing all sensibility and practicality out the window, I got a chance at some stick time in an F-4D Phantom. That aircraft has been called, among other things, "a triumph of thrust over aerodynamics." After that experience, I understand why.

What made you move out of the plane? Sounds like a cool way to live.
It wasn't a bad life, and you couldn't beat the commute, but I needed a real kitchen and bed. My MRE and cot days are behind me.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Neb

Eugene

Airfield Staff
Best answers
0
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Euge, Earl Jr.
Color #
003366
Remember when the C-5 was declared non-functional and we started renting planes to fill flights until we were able to order in a full collection of commercial carriers? That was probably the longest and largest 'operation' that you were a part of, and even instrumental in.

Off the top of your head, what other operations could you recall from memory?
I think our operation in Luxembourg was the most memorable. It wasn't death defying or excessively risky or any other superlative, but as my first field operation after joining ACME, it stuck with me.

There was also the time you, me, Mikal, and [REDACTED] went to deal with [REDACTED] and Mikal bought some liquor I had never tried before.
 
Last edited:

Charlet

little red riding hood ? v.i.l.e.
Best answers
0
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Letty
Little red riding hood
Carmenette
Little carmen
Color #
%23CC110
Favorite cloud you seen while flying ? Describe it
 

Eugene

Airfield Staff
Best answers
0
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Euge, Earl Jr.
Color #
003366
If you could give one piece of advice to the whole world, what would it be?
I don't do so great with advice, either giving or receiving, but I suppose one thing I've learned over the years is to not let anyone else drive your morals; not your boss, your friends, your employers. In the end, ethical decisions are worthless if they aren't made with actual ethical considerations in mind.
 

Latest posts

Latest threads

New Journals

Neutral Grounds
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Charlet Charlet:
    I'm. Back in
    Quote Link
  • Charlet Charlet:
    Well as charlet
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    yay you got back in :)
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    but also....is @Tenchi Masaki doing okay? :(
    Quote Link
  • Tenchi Masaki Tenchi Masaki:
    Well yes actually. I was sick(lost my voice) and now I'm better and on vacation @Lucy
    • Love
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    This has been bugging me for days.... what is with the military/ ACME and the acronyms?
    Quote Link
  • Deric Storm Deric Storm:
    IDK. WDYM
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I rest my case, your honor.
    Quote Link
  • Tenchi Masaki Tenchi Masaki:
    ACME were peacekeepers in the world wars
    • Wow
    Reactions: Jade
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I must have either forgotten something again with my horrible memory problems or not seen that part of the site. Tenchi :D
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Unrelated question....are political questions allowed? Also really confused why people keep calling the U.S. a democracy when we are supposed to be a Republic....
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Sorry....noted. no political questions sorry again...
    Quote Link
  • Deric Storm Deric Storm:
    Lucy said:
    Unrelated question....are political questions allowed? Also really confused why people keep calling the U.S. a democracy when we are supposed to be a Republic....
    Define "political questions". Also, we are a constitutional Republic with Democratically elected representation. I will argue until my dying day that the greatest thing the Founding Fathers created was the Electoral College
    • Like
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Ohh. Ohh. I just learned something new today by gardening. I am growing bush beans, never done them before. I wondered why the bean pods were popping open. So I took a picture and googled it. Come to find out that's the FLOWER! Apparently it has to flower first before the beans come in. Lul 😆 🤣
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    This is what other generations mean by we are so far removed from our food.
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Oh my God. I am still shaking in my boots. I talked to someome higher up the chains of command than my director. I don't know how high though. Wow....that was really scary....
    Quote Link
  • B :
    Guest Birdy has joined the room.
  • B (Guest) Birdy:
    Hellooooooooooo there... Uhh, I don't really know what's going on, I'm just here for the avatar maker to make my oc Daisy lol
    Quote Link
  • B (Guest) Birdy:
    That sounds so threatening. “ Birdy has joined the room ”. Ah yes, these people have yet to see the sheer terror I shall release upon them. They will never see it coming! MWUAHAHAHAHA! Oh, and don't forget, may the odds be ever in your favor!
    Quote Link
  • B (Guest) Birdy:
    The plethora of references I have saved in my clipboard are ready for action. Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego? Here comes Bluestar, and her mighty blueness!Hyrule is in danger! RUN!!!May the odds be ever in your favor!They're taking the Hobbits to Isengard!To Isengard, to Isengard, to Isengard, to Isengard...Fire is catching, and if we burn, you burn with us!Garfield disapproves.This reminds me of a puzzle!Every puzzle has an answer!Are you, are you, coming to the tree?MEEENEEEE MIRRORRRRROrange like Effie's hair?One does not simply...Now, before you leave my castle forever, tell me...Are you a Faithful, or are you a Traitor?No, like a sunset kinda orange.You have been eliminated from The Amazing Race.The tribe has spoken. Time for you to go_OHHH waffle time it's waffle time, won't you have some waffles of mine? These poor people, I am so sorry for whoever gets on here next and sees all of this.
    Quote Link
  • B (Guest) Birdy:
    OH NO, THE ENFORCERS ARE COMING!THE STARCH KOLA IS A BIOHAZARD OF CARBONATED CHEMICALS!The blood moon rises once again. Please be careful, Link.Well, EXCUUUUUUUUUUUSE ME, PRINCESS.
    Quote Link
  • Charlet Charlet:
    ???
    Quote Link
  • B :
    Guest Birdy has joined the room.
  • B (Guest) Birdy:
    Hello there again to this
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    well hello there and welcome :)
    Quote Link
    Lucy Lucy: well hello there and welcome :)
    Top