Q & A The Skin You're In...

Ivy

Commander
Best answers
Known Aliases
Iv', Ives
Color #
This one is about scars, tattoos and birthmarks. Has your character had major injuries? Are they addicted to ink? Do they have a beauty spot or birthmark that looks like New Jersey?

What story does their skin tell?

Nace Bilby

ACME
Best answers
Well, I have a tattoo of the Hospitaller Shield on my left arm, around the shoulder area. From my studies of history I heard of an order of knights in Jerusalem, the Knights Hospitaller Order, they were men who protected the pilgrims, the sick and the injured of the city. They were the SAS of the Crusaders, insomuch as being great warriors.

[bimg=The Hospitaller Shield]http://www.swordsandarmor.com/images/SH150-Hospitaler.JPG[/bimg]

Additionally I have a few shrapnel scars from an exploded grenade around my calves.

Suhara

ACME Special Agent
Best answers
I once considered getting a Yakuza style (Irezumi) tattoo of a ferocious dragon... but how silly I would look at the hot springs now if I had it.

Instead I have only a few scars from my old days of being a detective with Dr. Weller .

Eartha

Personal Trainer
Best answers
Known Aliases
Earth, Edyth, EB, Sheila Rose
Color #
C17E00
I got too many scrapes to list but we'll just say my life's been full of very clean glass doors, sneezes that resulted in a tongue bite or dropped weight, car accidents, and Foreman grills that don't cool down fast enough.

Oh, and I also got a small beauty mark on the left cheek.

Rose

ACME
Best answers
Known Aliases
Abby
Color #
da328
I have one tattoo on my wrist. It's of a rose. Scars? I have many of those. From my childhood. From time in the Military. Nothing so prominent that hair and clothes won't cover, though.

Zack

ACME
Best answers
Known Aliases
Zack, Z, Lil'bro, Dan, Zack-Daniels, Bacon
Color #
I got a neat scar on my left eyebrow due to my inability to play team sports. Not sure where it was from since my head was perpetually a magnet for balls, bats and the gym floor.

Lee

ACME
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Color #
When I was 9 or 10, I was in a tree house during a storm, so us kids were climbing down to go back into the house. The tree got struck by lighting and I got the residual break off and so I have a Lichtenberg figure pattern scar on my left shoulder. As a kid, it went all the way to my right lower back, but most of that's healed. Now it just ends 1/4 down my back as permanent scar tissue.

I got a long rough patch of skin on my right leg from falling off my bike (a lot!), and some scrapes and bumps that healed a different texture on my right forearm and elbow too.

Ann Tickwittee

Archaeology Expert
Best answers
Known Aliases
Tick, Ticky, Blinky, Annaconda
Color #
A60035
If piercings qualify for this discussion, then I suppose I must state that I currently have twelve piercings. If you desire details, I can list them out for you.

[BCOLOR=transparent]Left ear:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]1 tragus stud[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]1 conch stud[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]2 auricle rings[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=transparent]2 lobe rings[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]3 pinna rings[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Right ear:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]1 lobe stud[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=transparent]2 auricle rings[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]As for marks, I have a solid black, postage stamp-sized tattoo of the Albanian double-headed eagle crest. It's situated on the medial and intermediate tarsals of my left foot, so you won't see it unless I'm in sandals.[/BCOLOR]

Last edited:

Neb

The VILEiest VILE to ever VILE a VILE
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Nebuchadnezzar (Neb) Ullyss (formerly Kid Kidman), Kitty, Seryy Pripyat
Color #
323E4F
Scars and such?
I... have many, but I'm not sure of the origins of most of them. The one on the side of my head is from Kamchatka, and I've since learned that the wounds on my face were new when I came to VILE, which means they came from whatever event granted me freedom. I prefer to view these as marks of survival.
The rest I'd rather ignore.
The only other features of note are the white marks under my right collarbone and shoulder blade.

Constance

ACME
Best answers
Known Aliases
Kit or Kitty
Color #
3CB371
I don't really have any scars or birthmarks, but I do have a small, blue butterfly (Morpho peleides) tattoo near the inside of my right ankle. It can only be seen when I don't wear socks; so basically when I wear flip flops or high heels.

Contessa

Royalty
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Adrianna Covrenzi, Tessa, Anna, La Contessa Covrenzi
Color #
9C3F84
I had several scars from various childhood activities, (horse riding, javelin throwing and big game hunting) although they have all been removed or have faded by now. The only thing I do keep on my skin is a dark red hour glass tattoo.

Chase

Director
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Boss (situational)
Color #
Essentially, over a decade of dedicated field work means I have minor dermal scaring practically everywhere. That said, ACME medical has always been very good at ensuring wounds are clean during the fibroblast proliferation stage, skin injuries tend to heal decently. I have a few mildly notable hypertrophic scars... over my left eyebrow, under my right jaw, and behind my left ear. I have bits of healed cuts and nicks over all knuckles, both around the proximal radioulnar joints and knee joints, with an uneven collagen matrix on the skin just under my right patella.

I was involved in an undercover job where ink was necessary, those have since been removed with laser and some scarring do remain. Also, I may or may not have another tattoo somewhere -- authorized personnel only.

Latest posts

Latest threads

New Journals

Neutral Grounds
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Is everyone ready for the solar eclipse on April 8th, 2024? :)
    Quote Link
  • Invader Invader:
    yes
    Quote Link
  • Tenchi Masaki Tenchi Masaki:
    Affirmative
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    I’m staying inside
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I just found a wolf spider in my house. :D
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    one of the GOOD spiders you want around because they eat all the really bad bugs in the house. We put them outside :)
    Reactions: Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know there are over 400 species of parrots in the world??
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know David Attenborough was knighted twice? First in 1985, and again in 2002
    • Wow
    • Interesting
    Reactions: Jade and Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    @Lucy ... don't know if you really want wolf spiders in your home... I'd go for jumping spiders, they can't bite... wolf spiders are the fast movers, and they can bite.
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    And, jumpers are cute
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((Will lose my ACP internet towards the end of the month, unless anyone knows about it ending sooner. Trying to switch my Lifeline phone to a better provider that doesn't shut me off after four and a half gigs of data, nothing but failure so far and "call here" and "it's on their end" and the back and forth crap... in the morning, it's time to demand the supervisor and might even get to harsh language (after three days of that). I plan to use the Lifeline phone tethered as Internet source, share that to my own router... I've done it before (it's messy, and not 100% effective, but it works). ))
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((The 'net is the main way to apply for jobs now, so I need that, and I've moved/changed Lifeline providers before without an issue, so no idea what the problem is. I have active Verizon through ACP, active Lifeline through Airtalk... is that somehow the issue? If anyone knows, please let me know before I tear someone a new one (ya know what I mean). After three days of this, and two days about a month ago, I'm ready to walk there with katana in hand.))
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((And, thoughout this process, I want to port my number (have the info for that) and use the phone I have (Samsung Galaxy S9... gotten for free through Airtalk... note to anyone: if you choose a nice phone through them, you are locked into a 120 day "commitment" to get the phone for free, and they have a very hard data limit... once you use up your data, they cut you off, point blank.))
    Quote Link
    Jon Eckart Jon Eckart: ((And, thoughout this process, I want to port my number (have the info for that) and use the...