Plot Line B?

Best answers
Color #
White
You are right, something acid related is going on. But no over the counter treatment is helping. Even one prescribed med. failed to help.

8 am Thursday is the CT scan, hopefully what is wrong will be revealed in that. In the mean time I'm going to try and eat how I did prepping for the bypass years ago. I figure maybe safe food? Bought a pack of sugar free jello not long ago. If I react badly to that .. then this really will be sadder.

I hope that you have been enjoying whatever foods you eat in your current condition. I hope the CT scan goes well; and gives you info that can help the doctors fix your problem.

I really have been praying for you. ? ❤? Take care, ttys.

systemcat

Visitor From Another AU
Best answers
Thank you @Julie Justice

I got the results of the CT scan Friday but they didn't reveal anything. ... I've gotten used to being put through test after test before people figure things out. ? Next up likely next week, they're going to knock me out / shove a pipe down my throat and poke around a camera inside me. ?

As for page 56, so I wasn't making up a sound effect. I listened to what I think is the right call from this page and sounded it out in letters. Not the first time I've had to do this ( listen to a sound and figure out the letters ) but it is the first of listening to a bird for sound effects.
Crow

systemcat

Visitor From Another AU
Best answers
The next test is going to happen on the 4th. In the mean time this condition is still getting worse.

About the story here. I'm sure I've touched on this in brief about giving a low down in advance of posting the story. What's verging on being addressed to Alan, that the next page presents him putting two and two together. After I show this page, I'm going to provide a clip from Devil's Blood relaying the key moment being spoken of.

-----------
( Because of wanting to censor due to the fact this is a forum. I've blanked out most of one word. ... You'll know when you read it. )
Clipped from chapter 6:

The lightly curled, black haired man wasn't the only curious being present without job reasoning behind it. Strange calico spotted & naugahyde-like white with black spots. Both dogs had taken an interest in Finch which ever since he'd entered the car, and that kept growing in intensity. Not paying the animals any mind the tech answered. "I didn't steal it. Yes, it's mine."

Pawing with claws scratching at the metal mesh of his micro-jail, as the dogs persisted at it, Finch wondered why they found him interesting. When Brain gave a lick to the mesh and bared his teeth hungrily against the steel. The MAD Agent asked to no one in particular, hoping at least one of them would answer. "Why are there two dogs in here?"

Noting what was going on at seeing his pet seeking something from the birdman not visible, Jake said. "G9 and I are inseparable. I have the impression the girl's dog is the same to her."

Computer booted with new file created and awaiting content to be entered into it. Alan turned away from it to glance at the backseat to see the K9 commotion in progress with the captured MAD Agent. Wondering what was going on with the now former aerial based thief, Alan voiced the question of, "are you carrying meat?"

Looking sheepish, Finch answered. "I feel very grateful Blackie isn't in my shirt anymore."

Unfamiliar with the name to it's meaning. Also being aware it was likely the name of an animal due to what little she knew of the man. Penny asked, "Blackie?"

"Pet crow," Finch answered.

Returning his attention back to his computer, Alan requested. "Where are the birds? The ones we need to find. Where are they right now?"

There was no reason to be polite as far as the Specialized Agent was concerned. Despite that fact he withheld the growl he felt the need to voice about the question. He knew why HAPPY was after him. It made sense. But for once god damn it he was innocent! What was it he'd been told by his co-workers? Tell HAPPY nothing. In reply Finch said, "I don't know."

Tapping the keyboard minus the moving being forceful enough to prompt new letters to appear on screen. Alan awaiting a useful response stated and continued with, "if you are honest that might help in court. Where are they?"

Whining was the next thing heard. Not what the engineer wanted to hear or anyone else. The dogs still wanted their prized however not present blackbird. Trying to help the situation since the animals were proving a distraction. Penny then hooked two of her fingers beneath Brain's collar to try and pull him away from what interested him. Voicing softly for him to ignore what he smelled and be good. The pet looked at her with pleading eyes, to then turn to look at the bird shepherd again.

"No," was all Penny could say before Finch burst out at Alan. "F*** you, I have orders to tell you nothing."

"Then why did they just hand you over." Jake asked before a thought struck him then he voiced aloud. "You aren't behind their movements. Heather, I think she knew this."

A gap in what he currently knew about this situation having light shed on to it from an unexpected source. John had to ask, "what are you talking about?"

Letting out in better elaboration, Jake told his explanation. "This I assume descendant of Sigurd from what I gather of what you've told me of him. They gave him to us just to get us out of their hair. I don't think MAD is behind his plague despite what's been said. My friend was the first person outside Staunton to learn of what was going on. That's how the government stepped in so fast. Her nephew got sick from the filthy little things. Her looking into RAGE. That is why Pops was laughing at me about our captive here!"

Not sure if he should be feeling relief about the words he'd just heard uttered by the man sitting to his side. Grinning was all Finch could think to do at this temporary sign of good fortune. He was off the hook for what people wanted to blame him for. However he still couldn't relay what was going on and was still in HAPPY's custody. The two dogs still showing intense interest in him made him lose his grin but only for a moment. Looking at their instinct driven frenzy, natural and for unknown reason programmed into the other. He remembered he too had a desire which needed satisfaction.

Leaning back into the backseat for a moment only to then spring forward to almost the front of his micro-jail. The MAD Agent snapped, "since I'm not to blame could you at least uncage me back here?! I'm already in cuffs, not like I'm going anywhere!?"

Finding the request unbelievable in nature, Alan started to roll his eyes a little before answering. "Why should we take down the cage? You're still a wanted felon."

Moving forward to try and get a better view again at the engineer's lap, the birdman asked. "Is your computer still out?"

Blinking at what he found an odd question, Alan replied. "Yes, you want to know this why?"

Grateful his handcuffs were long chained, the Specialized MAD Agent rummaged through one of his pockets for what he knew should be there. After finding it, turning his grin into a smile, he said. "Would you guys just let your dogs discover Blackie isn't on me any more, please? No cage means no barrier to hold them back."

Thoroughly not sure how to respond to the man now. Looking over to his friend slash co-worker for advice. John while paying close attention to driving, it not missing his attention a silent question was being asked to him with the tech's gaze in his direction. He nodded yes to the front seat company. Coming close to shaking his head no about the approval, hoping the inspector's judgement could fully be trusted on the matter. Locating the right button that prompted the most minor retraction of the vehicle's reordered interior, on the three rowed keypad after the stick shift. Alan pressed it to force the car to retract the cage back into it's concealments in the ceiling, floor, and the only stand out but non-conspicuous looking seams of the seat cushions.

Never one to let a opportunity pass him by, pressing the wrap his fingers had more firmly over the flash drive he'd located in his pants pocket. Removing the hand gripping it from his pocket, he virtually lept forward into the front compartment of the modded Supra. Ignoring the dogs and fellow humans in distressed panic over this action. Finch swiftly forced the flash drive into a USB port of Alan's laptop.

Frantically and trying his best to control the car after an accidental press on the acceleration pedal, combined with a mistake sharp turn of the steering wheel. John swerved the Gadgetmobile about the interstate. The what luck he had on his side was trained reflexes on handling the vehicle. Something he'd made well sure to do after a short time into his ownership of it. Another car accident was a matter he hoped never to have again due to what he could only fathom as unjustified fear. The other luck on his side was a mostly uncrowded road ahead of him. No one was driving out of Miles City, and those found on the road had come on to it from where West Old Highway 10 crossed over to it. A road that hadn't been hit by bomb explosions earlier in the day.

Trying to push Finch back towards the backseat of the car unsuccessfully, Alan shouted. "What!? What the hell are you doing!?"

"Solving a problem which has been daunting me for months!" The MAD Agent said, not wanting to clear up to the tech what he was doing. That action being quickly working with the HAPPY Agent's laptop to copy and paste the most interesting file folders of it's drive "C" into his plugged in flash drive.

As controlled as he could think to make his actions. The inspector swerved the modded Supra off the interstate and into the wild grasses & weeds of the off road. Nothing hit but dirt and loose particles of chipped away asphalt. The occupants of the Toyota knew this but the car's computer did not. The computer knew from GPS readings the vehicle it served had just with not much control, veered all over the target road it was traveling on. That suddenly making a jackknife turn on to unpaved surfacing it had come to a halt with only a minor slow down of the vehicle's acceleration used in the process. Conclusion. Accident. Airbags should be deployed.

The billowing air filled cushions hit everyone. Safety was after all important and that fact was bared in mind when the car was being altered into the high-tech machine it was. The idea that even from out the front seats, their backs, they could deploy airbags. That looked good on paper. Alan now regretted that engineering decision he'd agreed to with his team over the car. If the thing didn't feel somewhat cramped before, it certainly was now. Grateful he could breathe, he wondered with one of the strangest thoughts he'd ever had in his adult life of if this is what it felt like to be in the center of a heated s'more. Marshmallows padding him from what felt every direction. An annoying piece of added flavoring working it's no his way away from lap and from over his body after doing some form of action with his laptop.

Airbags releasing their contents once the car's computer had perceived it had safely kept the passengers of it safe from impact. Everyone being now able to make a better noted evaluation of the car's environment external but more importantly internal. The younger cyborg present and commander of the steering wheel, glared at the happy captive MAD Agent, as did everyone else. Growling, John asked. "Why are you smiling?"

Adding an air of smugness to himself, Finch exclaimed. "Success I believe."

Trying to rescind his look of anger because of it was not meant to be directed at his focus to speech, John requested. "Alan, put the cage back up."

-------------------------

systemcat

Visitor From Another AU
Best answers
The reason this got delayed between here and DA, is my laptop has died. I'm currently trying to get used to a hardware poor tablet that still supports Clip Studio. With it I'm typing on a wireless baby-sized keyboard. Not easy work.
The replacement laptop is due to come in between the 7th-9th.
Monday is the next medical test. ?

Tenchi Masaki

ACME Ace Detective, Inventor
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Tenko(don't ask), Kami Jack, Guy Smart, Tenten
Color #
I hope they can diagnose you properly so they can tell you how to get better. (Crosses fingers) This cant be easy for you but hopefully the doctors run the right tests this time.

Best answers
Color #
White
The reason this got delayed between here and DA, is my laptop has died. I'm currently trying to get used to a hardware poor tablet that still supports Clip Studio. With it I'm typing on a wireless baby-sized keyboard. Not easy work.
The replacement laptop is due to come in between the 7th-9th.
Monday is the next medical test. ?

This was a great installment. I look forward to more. ?

Best answers
Color #
White
For this test I requested and am told got the doctor I trust over digestive health.
One of my BFFs has many general health problems and chronic pain issues, too. She is a fairly smart woman who is my age, and she would go to her docs with her various complaints, which she (successfully) self-diagnosed and it took a long time, and many tests and doctors before she was diagnosed with the problems she (correctly) said she had. But, she was, and she got treated for them. Now, because her problems are chronic, they never really go away; and sometimes the meds and physical therapy work better than others; but she is very strong-willed and she does manage it somehow (which is amazing actually--I don't know how she does it).

I hope that all this testing helps you find the answers you need, to eventually feel better. ? ?❤

And, all of this experience with doctors and tests inspired my friend to go back to to school on-line and get a BA in medical coding and billing--so if she can get her pain under control, she could get a job--even if she had to work from home.

So please, don't give up. ? ? ❤

systemcat

Visitor From Another AU
Best answers
I got the replacement laptop much earlier than expected. Really it wasn't due to come to the post office until Saturday.

Thanks Julie Justice on more than one front ?! Dr. Scarborough still doesn't know what is going on. He's ordered another test that will happen on the 13th. The 14th I visit with a second doctor over the same health issue in the hopes she'll have thoughts on what could be wrong. ?

I got most of the rough line art to page 59 finished before, get this. The tablet I was using suffered screen death. But the project files to everything I was doing with the tablet were backed on to a flash drive as quickly as I could do the act, while the screen faded out.
This new to me laptop seems amazing so far. To that I have to say the screen size will take some getting used to. I don't think the carrying bag I have will hold it.

While I had nothing to do digital art on period. I further worked on outlining & defining the second gap story. After deep long thought I now have a name for that story, "Vocal Canvases".
To break in this computer for art I'm going to do that story's cover art before returning to work on page 59. ?

Best answers
Color #
White
Hello systemcat.

I'm so glad to hear you were able to save the story you were working on before the screen on your tablet totally died, so that you can continue to work on it. I'm so glad that you got that your new laptop, and that you're enjoying it. I'm sure that you'll do some great artwork with it. I know what you mean about liking a larger screen. My PC system is older but, since it was paid for and put together, custom, as a gift for me, by my family around 2008, I will continue to use it until it quite literally dies. ? So, yeah, my monitor screen is like 20 inches or something like that, and I really love it.? ❤ I should get a laptop too; something easy to learn on; considering it will be the first one I've ever had; maybe for my birthday (which is August 1).

Still praying that you will find the cause--and solution-- for your health problems soon!! ??❤

systemcat

Visitor From Another AU
Best answers
I've been in a lot of pain all day. What I'd say in regards to this page is what I said on DA, which is explaining the transfer of machine to machine. Working on it and the cover to Vocal Canvases, now has me not only familiar with the new screen size but also a new version of Clip Studio.

While it doesn't show up here, it does on DA and will months from now on ComicFury. Page 53 has been altered to match up to page 49. That is relevant to this page if the detail is spotted.

I'm not showing the first shot I took at making the cover art. But the second will be uploaded to the forum's gallery.

Latest posts

Latest threads

New Journals

Neutral Grounds
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • I (Guest) invaderhorizongreen:
    I even have the site white listed, for a wild shot can any of you post a new question in the guessing game I had set up
    Quote Link
    I would like to see if that will get my email to ping
    • Interesting
    Reactions: Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
    I know that might just be a shot in the dark but why not try
    Quote Link
  • Tenchi Masaki Tenchi Masaki:
    Sure why not?
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I hope you get it fixed Invader!!
    Reactions: Jade
    Quote Link
  • Dj Inn(Djinn) :
    Dj Inn(Djinn) has left the room.
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Good Morning everybody. I hope you all have a wonderful day :)
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know a group of Jellyfish is called a Smack? -Nat Geo
    Quote Link
    Smack O’ jellies is now a term
    • Haha
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((OOC: So, I am still here (at least, while ACP is still a thing, then I have to tether my phone to my laptop, send it's internet to Ethernet to my router and setup my other laptop to access that... I managed it once totally by accident)... updating stuff I'm working on is not a fun process (if anyone checks my stories folder on my Google Drive) anymore... the laptop at my desk is old (Core 2 Duo, 2Ghz, 4 gigs RAM, Win7 Ultimate)... Chrome won't update, Drive won't work... I'm stuck using FreeFileSync to keep stuff up to datep things synced. I have plans of getting a job and having money to have something better (a doorstop is better)
    • Love
    Reactions: Julie Justice
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    [continuing] I'm sorry if any of my posts are/could be inflammatory or anything... some of them are stuff I've had in the pipeline for a while, and I messed with it enough to get it postable... that's why there are dates showing when I started working on stuff... I'm not, and never have been, trying to step on anyone's toes or say "this is how it should be"... I have no say here, not sure who does these days (like I posted... maybe this is a test to see if we devolve into chaos). Posts like Hierarchy were started long ago, and meant as a guideline and not because I'm the voice of Sauron.
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    [continuing] I don't have the time to be here a whole lot, I don't have much beyond mom to help with my rent (and once I have a job, that'll take up more time, though I will keep working on stuff (both for here and not) as often as possible, and post when possible on here. I have a question that needs some clarification... being that we are supposed to get permission from the person if we use their character in an addition/story/post, how would that apply if the character is core to the universe (like Carmen... I can replace @Chase, maybe cobble someone into @Ivy's place... but, like @Carmen, being that she's a major character, as long as I don't have her acting or write a major part for her, would that circumvent the rule at all?
    • Love
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    [continuing] I'm just curious... the absence of the major's leaves a gap that I'm not sure what to do with anything... we (the Left Behind) could do a story together (or some stories separate), and that'd be cool, but without being able to use any major's, I'm not sure where to take anything. And, yeah... you can probably guess what my typing is like here (or anyplace else)... I type here or in Word, I type something (or notepad), and 15-20+ seconds later it shows up, so I have to stay on top of my grammar and spelling. I have to keep on top of all that, because I'm working on the big Carmen story at the same time, so I can't slip off my game.))
    • Love
    Quote Link
  • Julie Justice Julie Justice:
    @Jon Eckart Not exactly sure if I understand all your computer probs. I hope you get those resolved soon. Yes, I have many probs with my basic Google Chrome, too. I think it's fair to say we all have a love/hate relationship with technology. 😆 As far as your stories are concerned, you can use any cannon character you like, whether there is a person playing that role on here or not. Say the story is a fanfiction; and that the version of Chase, or Carmen (or whoever) from the computer games, gameshow (or whatever). We don't do Netflix Carmen, mostly because of the violence. And because it is fanfiction, you can also create other characters and situations to suit your story. Now, Chase, Carme, Ivy (or whoever) were here, of course, you would ask their permission; tell them your idea; and if they like it they might write it with you. 🙂
    Quote Link
    @Jon Eckart Now, if you for a friendship with someone on--and off-site, you might form a partnership with them, and write stories together (like Chase and Carmen; or Chase and Ivy; or Lucy and I) and then you will just put a statement saying that this story is a co-write with whoever. In fact, if you collaborate with this person a lot, people will just assume they have your permission; although you should always say it anyway, just as a common courtesy. In fact, ironically, the only people whose permission you must always ask to use their characters are "original" characters, who are creations of their individual writers (which most of us on here, are) specifically because we are not cannon. I hope that makes sense. 🙂
    Quote Link
    @Jon Eckart Now, if you want to write something, but don't have a lot of time, I would suggest posting a status; or replying to someone else's status. Or you could start a guessing game. Look under Forums/Guessing Games, and look at some things other people have done, to give you ideas. I hope that helps. 🙂
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know that the Mockingbird is the state bird of 5 states? Florida, Arkansas, Mississippi, Tennessee, and Texas.
    Quote Link
    It seems the Mock-5 is unstoppable... Go Speed Go!
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I just heard on the news they're going to have to remove the Sakura trees in Washington because of damage to a sea wall. They have to build a sea wall and replant new trees.
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    They were a gift from the mayor of Tokyo!
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Okay wait. Only 158 of the 2,500 have to be taken down. They are also taking clippings from the cut down trees to propagate new ones
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Is everyone ready for the solar eclipse on April 8th, 2024? :)
    Quote Link
  • Invader Invader:
    yes
    Quote Link
    Affirmative
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    I’m staying inside
    Quote Link