ACME
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
The kid, laundry room ghost.
Color #
0000FF
"If my friends are not fully awake, they can get very cranky, ... it hurts... a lot, and can even cause burns." Moon child spoke. "They wont hurt anyone else, but they can hurt me if they are in a mood to."

Neb

The VILEiest VILE to ever VILE a VILE
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Nebuchadnezzar (Neb) Ullyss (formerly Kid Kidman), Kitty, Seryy Pripyat
Color #
323E4F
"Huh..."
Kidman rubbed her right arm unconsciously, her fingers touching upon the crystals she had embedded in herself in the effort to boost her natural talent. Most of the time the system worked, but it was still experimental, and she had the scars to prove it.
'I got some weird stuff in common with this kid...'
"How long does it take for them to wake up?"

Invader

ACME
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Color #
0000FF
"It depends on if they are in a hibernation, or growth cycle." She replied cautiously. "The last hibernation cycle lasted eight years, however they are overdue for a growth cycle."

There was something odd about this person that stood before them, yet they felt as though they had a possible friend.

"I will say they are an artificial life form, that kinda fused with me I am their host. " Moon child continued. "So how about we go ask, this ....well...partner of yours?"

Neb

Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Color #
323E4F
Kidman inhaled deeply, then let the air stream from her lips as if she had her pipe on her. Blunting Flag's more violent tendencies was not easy, and she tried to cover her nerves as she entered the coffee shop, the otherworlder in tow.

"Wait here." She said with a hopeful smile, then walked over to the tall man at the counter.

"Flag? There may be a problem."

Flag

V.I.L.E.
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Color #
A line had formed at the counter before he had entered, so he took the opportunity to make use of the facilities while he waited for business to slow down. Maybe only about five people had moved forward by the time he was done, so he simply took residence at a table by the window.

He watched Kidman and Moon Child have an awkward discussion of some sort and then head his direction. His eyes were fully on the pair as they approached and he remained perfectly still as his younger compatriot spoke.

“Go on. ”

Neb

Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Color #
323E4F
Kidman placed the book on the table. "Apparently a bunch of pages fell out. That much she's given back to me. However..."

She gestured to the empty grooves in the cover where the gems had once been embedded. "The stones seemed to have reacted to her in some way and, from what best I've gathered, are now elsewhere. She says she can make replicas. How discerning is your client and how much time do you have?"

Invader

ACME
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Color #
0000FF
Moon child was not happy about where this conversion was going, much less where it might take her. A part of her wanted to flee, while the other half urged her to say. Somehow no matter what, things always had worked out in the end. Yes there had been scars, and trials before but she was still here for the time being.

Reactions: Neb

Flag

V.I.L.E.
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Color #
He took a deep breath and pressed his lips together until they were but a thin line and he allowed himself a moment to mull over Kidman’s questions. If he was honest with himself, his client was a buffoon – a buffoon that liked to hold him at gunpoint on the odd occasion and would undoubtedly do so if he returned with such news. It had seemed strange that such a person would be interested in any piece of literature, but the mention of gemstones brought clarity to the order.

Flag released his breath and shifted his gaze to the problematic stranger. “You had a blue stone earlier. I’m assuming you also had the others.“ He leaned across the table. “What did you do with them?”

Invader

ACME
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Color #
0000FF
"I can try and reverse summon, but that might not work. However they are one of two places, one is my new home area, the other....is.....a..place I would... rather not.... go back to."

With that she sat there staring at the floor, wondering what kind of trouble she had gotten herself into this time.

"If it means anything, I can replicate them, provided my friends cooperate with me." She offered. "Though that might put me out of commission for a few days."

Last edited:

Neb

Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Color #
323E4F
Kidman tapped on the table in thought. "Do you know anything about what these stones do, if they do anything?"

Flag

V.I.L.E.
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Color #
Flag couldn’t help but feel as if the universe was mocking him with magic gems and old books. A part of him felt that he should be interested in this for more than the money aspect of it, but like a long-recovered addict, his attention that way was speculative at best.

It did nothing for his patience. “The way that I see it, is that you stole those from my client. I don’t care how you got them. I want them back.”

Invader

ACME
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Color #
0000FF
Upon hearing that, Moon child shut her eyes, and focused as hard as she could. There was a soft humming sound, and then she felt a sharp pain in her hand. Opening her eyes she saw the red gem, and a bunch of small crystals surrounding it. The crystals were a very deep shade of red, that meant they were very ticked off.

"Oh hell." She said. "That really, made them mad."

Immediately the crystals sent an electric jolt through her arm, causing her to let go of the gem, and crash to the floor clutching her arm.

Latest posts

Latest threads

New Journals

Neutral Grounds
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((So... is it me or does the board not process double-space between sentences as double-space? Kinda bugs me, but I'll live))
    Quote Link
  • I :
    Guest invaderhorizongreen has joined the room.
  • I (Guest) invaderhorizongreen:
    Deric Storm said:
    Invader, have you checked your spam folder. Sometimes, I've had password reset emails go in there
    yes I have checked spam nothing
    Quote Link
    I even have the site white listed, for a wild shot can any of you post a new question in the guessing game I had set up
    Quote Link
    I would like to see if that will get my email to ping
    • Interesting
    Reactions: Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
    I know that might just be a shot in the dark but why not try
    Quote Link
  • Tenchi Masaki Tenchi Masaki:
    Sure why not?
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I hope you get it fixed Invader!!
    Reactions: Jade
    Quote Link
  • Dj Inn(Djinn) :
    Dj Inn(Djinn) has left the room.
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Good Morning everybody. I hope you all have a wonderful day :)
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know a group of Jellyfish is called a Smack? -Nat Geo
    Quote Link
    Smack O’ jellies is now a term
    • Haha
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((OOC: So, I am still here (at least, while ACP is still a thing, then I have to tether my phone to my laptop, send it's internet to Ethernet to my router and setup my other laptop to access that... I managed it once totally by accident)... updating stuff I'm working on is not a fun process (if anyone checks my stories folder on my Google Drive) anymore... the laptop at my desk is old (Core 2 Duo, 2Ghz, 4 gigs RAM, Win7 Ultimate)... Chrome won't update, Drive won't work... I'm stuck using FreeFileSync to keep stuff up to datep things synced. I have plans of getting a job and having money to have something better (a doorstop is better)
    • Love
    Reactions: Julie Justice
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    [continuing] I'm sorry if any of my posts are/could be inflammatory or anything... some of them are stuff I've had in the pipeline for a while, and I messed with it enough to get it postable... that's why there are dates showing when I started working on stuff... I'm not, and never have been, trying to step on anyone's toes or say "this is how it should be"... I have no say here, not sure who does these days (like I posted... maybe this is a test to see if we devolve into chaos). Posts like Hierarchy were started long ago, and meant as a guideline and not because I'm the voice of Sauron.
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    [continuing] I don't have the time to be here a whole lot, I don't have much beyond mom to help with my rent (and once I have a job, that'll take up more time, though I will keep working on stuff (both for here and not) as often as possible, and post when possible on here. I have a question that needs some clarification... being that we are supposed to get permission from the person if we use their character in an addition/story/post, how would that apply if the character is core to the universe (like Carmen... I can replace @Chase, maybe cobble someone into @Ivy's place... but, like @Carmen, being that she's a major character, as long as I don't have her acting or write a major part for her, would that circumvent the rule at all?
    • Love
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    [continuing] I'm just curious... the absence of the major's leaves a gap that I'm not sure what to do with anything... we (the Left Behind) could do a story together (or some stories separate), and that'd be cool, but without being able to use any major's, I'm not sure where to take anything. And, yeah... you can probably guess what my typing is like here (or anyplace else)... I type here or in Word, I type something (or notepad), and 15-20+ seconds later it shows up, so I have to stay on top of my grammar and spelling. I have to keep on top of all that, because I'm working on the big Carmen story at the same time, so I can't slip off my game.))
    • Love
    Quote Link
  • Julie Justice Julie Justice:
    @Jon Eckart Not exactly sure if I understand all your computer probs. I hope you get those resolved soon. Yes, I have many probs with my basic Google Chrome, too. I think it's fair to say we all have a love/hate relationship with technology. 😆 As far as your stories are concerned, you can use any cannon character you like, whether there is a person playing that role on here or not. Say the story is a fanfiction; and that the version of Chase, or Carmen (or whoever) from the computer games, gameshow (or whatever). We don't do Netflix Carmen, mostly because of the violence. And because it is fanfiction, you can also create other characters and situations to suit your story. Now, Chase, Carme, Ivy (or whoever) were here, of course, you would ask their permission; tell them your idea; and if they like it they might write it with you. 🙂
    Quote Link
    @Jon Eckart Now, if you for a friendship with someone on--and off-site, you might form a partnership with them, and write stories together (like Chase and Carmen; or Chase and Ivy; or Lucy and I) and then you will just put a statement saying that this story is a co-write with whoever. In fact, if you collaborate with this person a lot, people will just assume they have your permission; although you should always say it anyway, just as a common courtesy. In fact, ironically, the only people whose permission you must always ask to use their characters are "original" characters, who are creations of their individual writers (which most of us on here, are) specifically because we are not cannon. I hope that makes sense. 🙂
    Quote Link
    @Jon Eckart Now, if you want to write something, but don't have a lot of time, I would suggest posting a status; or replying to someone else's status. Or you could start a guessing game. Look under Forums/Guessing Games, and look at some things other people have done, to give you ideas. I hope that helps. 🙂
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know that the Mockingbird is the state bird of 5 states? Florida, Arkansas, Mississippi, Tennessee, and Texas.
    Quote Link
    It seems the Mock-5 is unstoppable... Go Speed Go!
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I just heard on the news they're going to have to remove the Sakura trees in Washington because of damage to a sea wall. They have to build a sea wall and replant new trees.
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    They were a gift from the mayor of Tokyo!
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Okay wait. Only 158 of the 2,500 have to be taken down. They are also taking clippings from the cut down trees to propagate new ones
    Quote Link
    Lucy Lucy: Okay wait. Only 158 of the 2,500 have to be taken down. They are also taking clippings from the...