Q & A AMA - Flag

Flag

V.I.L.E.
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Color #
Forgive me, but this is going to be way simplified. Please do not hesitate to ask questions. I will answer them as I have the ability to. :)

Some IRL History:

Flag is a character from the fictional setting of Sivoa, authored by H. Gorlitz Scott and is not normally a part of the Carmen Sandiego Universe. He was brought in originally through the V.I.L.E. Headquarters website (“VHQ,” archived at VILE Headquarters), which was initially built as a supplemental site to the convention stage shows and scavenger hunts put on by Concept Galaxy.

These interactive events were run largely by volunteer cosplayers and as such, led to an extremely odd mix of VILE characters both on and offline. Included in the mix were Kefka (FF6), Godzilla (Yes, he had a costume and it was epic), and Flag. These events ran for a number of years before switching to a more open “variety show” theme.

VILE Headquarters continued for some time past this, but eventually shut down with it’s members transitioning to The Elusive Carmen Sandiego website (“TECS”, carmensandiego.info). This later transitioned to the site that you are on today.

All of this is relevant because the VHQ shows frequently used the time travel shenanigans of Where In Time is Carmen Sandiego as the crux of why all the weird characters in its shows were working together. This same excuse also allowed for characters (both OC and canon) to keep parts of their backstories through the site transitions. In TECS cannon, most of this is the fault of Flag and his “time loop” rituals.

Character Backstory:

In Sivoa, Flag is a sorcerer (and a jerk). For the most part this carried over, but his abilities are now attributed to his unique biology. Flag is also VILE’s resident alien, replacing Kneemoi (from Where in The World is Carmen Sandiego). His appearance can be considered “cat-like” as he has slitted “sunset colored” eyes, large elf-like ears, and a tail… normally. With this current “time loop,” he’s undergone body modification - having his ears and tail cropped - to look more human.

Flag is the only character on the site to remember every single instance of time resetting and may have helped facilitate the happening of certain events in each. I once made a chart to try and explain this (which can be found at https://bit.ly/2HMukxm), but it is outdated as we are now one (or 2?) time loops beyond it.

At the behest of a handwritten letter from herself, Carmen finds Flag bleeding near to death at the beginning of each time loop due to events from the Sivoa story. He feels a great bit of debt toward Carmen for her saving him from this each time (though she only remember the most recent instance) and treasures her friendship because of it - even if his own weird way of thinking and agenda fails to show it. He kind of doesn’t really care about anyone else.

Emma Bezzle

V.I.L.E.
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Emma, Em, Bez, or Bezzy
Color #
A0522D
Since Flag can remember all the different time-loops, does he ever find it difficult to keep the events of the different loops separate is his head? Or does he have them well compartmentalized?

Patty

Valkyrie
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Patt, Patts, Petite, Amber Cecelia Argos, Valkyrie
Color #
8d8844
Give me a list of 5 people Flag 'cares' about in order of most to least. Even if he doesn't really care for other people, he has to sort of have a mental check list of who he's willing to tolerate?

Flag

V.I.L.E.
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Color #
Since Flag can remember all the different time-loops, does he ever find it difficult to keep the events of the different loops separate is his head? Or does he have them well compartmentalized?
He has a lot more difficulty toward the beginning of each loop since there's more overlap there, but he carries a journal to sort of help keep track of the "important stuff."

Now that he's in uncharted territory again with the latest loop, he's able to just focus on the present.

Give me a list of 5 people Flag 'cares' about in order of most to least. Even if he doesn't really care for other people, he has to sort of have a mental check list of who he's willing to tolerate?
This wasn't easy to answer and I suspect is prone to change.

List of people Flag's most willing to tolerate:
1.) Carmen (Duh)
2.) Agent Mayhem
3.) Roux?
4.) Neb
5.) Vic

Neb

The VILEiest VILE to ever VILE a VILE
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Nebuchadnezzar (Neb) Ullyss (formerly Kid Kidman), Kitty, Seryy Pripyat
Color #
323E4F
How have Flag's feelings about Chase changed over the course of Ultramarine, if at all?

Flag

V.I.L.E.
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Color #
How have Flag's feelings about Chase changed over the course of Ultramarine, if at all?
Somewhere before Ultramarine, Flag realized that Chase's existence was probably something he'd have to accept, so he already resigned himself to not killing him on sight. He's still annoyed by his presence though.

Ultramarine, from Flag's perspective, happened really fast so there wasn't much time to process things on that level.

Latest posts

Latest threads

New Journals

Neutral Grounds
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I just heard on the news they're going to have to remove the Sakura trees in Washington because of damage to a sea wall. They have to build a sea wall and replant new trees.
    Reactions: Jade
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    They were a gift from the mayor of Tokyo!
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Okay wait. Only 158 of the 2,500 have to be taken down. They are also taking clippings from the cut down trees to propagate new ones
    Reactions: Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Is everyone ready for the solar eclipse on April 8th, 2024? :)
    Quote Link
  • Invader Invader:
    yes
    Quote Link
  • Tenchi Masaki Tenchi Masaki:
    Affirmative
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    I’m staying inside
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I just found a wolf spider in my house. :D
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    one of the GOOD spiders you want around because they eat all the really bad bugs in the house. We put them outside :)
    Reactions: Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know there are over 400 species of parrots in the world??
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know David Attenborough was knighted twice? First in 1985, and again in 2002
    • Wow
    • Interesting
    Reactions: Jade and Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    @Lucy ... don't know if you really want wolf spiders in your home... I'd go for jumping spiders, they can't bite... wolf spiders are the fast movers, and they can bite.
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    And, jumpers are cute
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((Will lose my ACP internet towards the end of the month, unless anyone knows about it ending sooner. Trying to switch my Lifeline phone to a better provider that doesn't shut me off after four and a half gigs of data, nothing but failure so far and "call here" and "it's on their end" and the back and forth crap... in the morning, it's time to demand the supervisor and might even get to harsh language (after three days of that). I plan to use the Lifeline phone tethered as Internet source, share that to my own router... I've done it before (it's messy, and not 100% effective, but it works). ))
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((The 'net is the main way to apply for jobs now, so I need that, and I've moved/changed Lifeline providers before without an issue, so no idea what the problem is. I have active Verizon through ACP, active Lifeline through Airtalk... is that somehow the issue? If anyone knows, please let me know before I tear someone a new one (ya know what I mean). After three days of this, and two days about a month ago, I'm ready to walk there with katana in hand.))
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((And, thoughout this process, I want to port my number (have the info for that) and use the phone I have (Samsung Galaxy S9... gotten for free through Airtalk... note to anyone: if you choose a nice phone through them, you are locked into a 120 day "commitment" to get the phone for free, and they have a very hard data limit... once you use up your data, they cut you off, point blank.))
    Quote Link
    Jon Eckart Jon Eckart: ((And, thoughout this process, I want to port my number (have the info for that) and use the...