Q & A Turn It Up (Which song...?)

Caution Advised
This thread may include adult content including violence, strong language or nudity, readers' discretion is advised.

Emma Bezzle

V.I.L.E.
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Emma, Em, Bez, or Bezzy
Color #
A0522D
This is a perpetual game, to be played in-character or out. (Thanks @Chase and @Patty for the idea).

We all have a set list of songs for when we are in a particular mood or doing a certain activity. What are some of yours? Leave a list, or link to the songs if you wish!

After you answer, leave a question (starting with 'Which song...') for the next person to answer. It's alright if questions repeat!

I'll start: When I need to concentrate, some of my go-to songs are Let's Get Dirty by Redman, Rollin' by Limp Bizkit, and Icky Thump by the White Stripes (please note that these songs are explicit so listeners beware)

What songs do you listen to while working out?

Victorique

He/They
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Ivory, Victorique, V
Color #
Symph rock! And or other forms of rock or folk. I can't pick a song. My favorites are all too catchy.
(me, ooc: what is this workout you speak of? But still rock, folk, rock-folk hybrids. Yodeling cowboys. I'll prob make a few playlists)
Okay, Ivory Vsauce here, what is your opinion on this:
Knife Wielding Tentacle

Emma Bezzle

V.I.L.E.
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Emma, Em, Bez, or Bezzy
Color #
A0522D
Symph rock! And or other forms of rock or folk. I can't pick a song. My favorites are all too catchy.
(me, ooc: what is this workout you speak of? But still rock, folk, rock-folk hybrids. Yodeling cowboys. I'll prob make a few playlists)
Okay, Ivory Vsauce here, what is your opinion on this:
Knife Wielding Tentacle
Very cool!

(V - do you want to ask a question in a similar vein to mine to keep the game going?)

Jon Eckart

ACME detective
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Jon, Jonny, J (single letter), JE (pronounced 'G')
Color #
00A885
Hmmm... for Lucy's question...
I could go about that a couple ways... stuff that came out during my childhood years (born '82 IRL), or just stuff I listened to when I was a kid (going from '82 to '89). So...

Came out during
'82
Joan Jett & The Blackhearts - I Love Rock N' Roll
Journey - Open Arms
Stevie Nicks & Don Henley - Leather & Lace
Asia - Heat Of The Moment
A Flock Of Seagulls - I Ran (So Far Away)
Stevie Nicks - Edge Of Seventeen
(I'd have to dig through the music collection to find more)

Listened to at all that came out during '82-'89
(Years might be wrong, I'm pulling songs from the Billboard charts... I remember all the songs, couldn't remember the years right off hand)
'82
Joan Jett & The Blackhearts - I Love Rock N' Roll
Journey - Open Arms (have the song on the soundtrack to 'Heavy Metal')
Stevie Nicks & Don Henley - Leather & Lace
Asia - Heat Of The Moment
A Flock Of Seagulls - I Ran (So Far Away)
Stevie Nicks - Edge Of Seventeen
Michael Jackson - Thriller (still have the original vinyl album)
'83
Men At Work - Down Under
Dexy's Midnight Riders - Come On Eileen
Golden Earring - Twilight Zone
Toto - Africa
Prince - Little Red Corvette
Thomas Dolby - She Blinded Me With Science
'84
Prince - When Doves Cry
Yes - Owner Of A Lonely Heart
Steve Perry - Oh Sherrie
Pat Benatar - Love Is A Battlefield
ZZ Top - Legs
'85
Foreigner - I Want To Know What Love Is
Dire Straits - Money For Nothing
a-Ha - Take On Me
Starship - We Built This City
Bruce Springsteen - Glory Days
'86
Jackson Browne - For America (actually, the whole 'Lives In The Balance' album is good)
Starship - Sara
Peter Gabriel - Sledgehammer
Boston - Amanda (have the album on vinyl)
The Dream Academy - Life In A Northern Town (have the 45RPM single, still in it's sleeve)
John Cougar Mellencamp - Small Town (actually, the whole record is good, have it on vinyl)
Mike & The Mechanics - Silent Running
The Moody Blues - Wildest Dreams
Eddie Money - Take Me Home Tonight
The Outfield - Your Love
'87
Bon Jovi - Livin' On A Prayer
Heart - Alone
U2 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For (have the tape still)
Gloria Estefan & Miami Sound Machine - Rhythm Is Gonna Get You
Fleetwood Mac - Little Lies (have the vinyl album)
'88
George Harrison - Got My Mind Set On You
Belinda Carlisle - Heaven Is A Place On Earth
Belinda Carlisle - Circle In The Sand
Eric Carmen - Hungry Eyes
The Beach Boys - Kokomo
Michael Jackson - Dirty Diana
Tracy Chapman - Fast Car (have the tape still, whole album is good)
'89
Poison - Every Rose Has Its Thorn
Roxette - Listen To Your Heart
Martika - Toy Soldiers
Skid Row - 18 And Life
The B-52's - Love Shack

This isn't a complete list... I'd be here for months listing everything. Did you want those as Youtube links for videos?

Okay... my question: What song or songs (or albums... however it works for you) do you tend to have playing (in the background, in headphones, what have you) when you're writing? And, if you want, I can take a stab at this one.

Latest posts

Latest threads

New Journals

Neutral Grounds
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I just heard on the news they're going to have to remove the Sakura trees in Washington because of damage to a sea wall. They have to build a sea wall and replant new trees.
    Reactions: Jade
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    They were a gift from the mayor of Tokyo!
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Okay wait. Only 158 of the 2,500 have to be taken down. They are also taking clippings from the cut down trees to propagate new ones
    Reactions: Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Is everyone ready for the solar eclipse on April 8th, 2024? :)
    Quote Link
  • Invader Invader:
    yes
    Quote Link
  • Tenchi Masaki Tenchi Masaki:
    Affirmative
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    I’m staying inside
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I just found a wolf spider in my house. :D
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    one of the GOOD spiders you want around because they eat all the really bad bugs in the house. We put them outside :)
    Reactions: Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know there are over 400 species of parrots in the world??
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know David Attenborough was knighted twice? First in 1985, and again in 2002
    • Wow
    • Interesting
    Reactions: Jade and Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    @Lucy ... don't know if you really want wolf spiders in your home... I'd go for jumping spiders, they can't bite... wolf spiders are the fast movers, and they can bite.
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    And, jumpers are cute
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((Will lose my ACP internet towards the end of the month, unless anyone knows about it ending sooner. Trying to switch my Lifeline phone to a better provider that doesn't shut me off after four and a half gigs of data, nothing but failure so far and "call here" and "it's on their end" and the back and forth crap... in the morning, it's time to demand the supervisor and might even get to harsh language (after three days of that). I plan to use the Lifeline phone tethered as Internet source, share that to my own router... I've done it before (it's messy, and not 100% effective, but it works). ))
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((The 'net is the main way to apply for jobs now, so I need that, and I've moved/changed Lifeline providers before without an issue, so no idea what the problem is. I have active Verizon through ACP, active Lifeline through Airtalk... is that somehow the issue? If anyone knows, please let me know before I tear someone a new one (ya know what I mean). After three days of this, and two days about a month ago, I'm ready to walk there with katana in hand.))
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((And, thoughout this process, I want to port my number (have the info for that) and use the phone I have (Samsung Galaxy S9... gotten for free through Airtalk... note to anyone: if you choose a nice phone through them, you are locked into a 120 day "commitment" to get the phone for free, and they have a very hard data limit... once you use up your data, they cut you off, point blank.))
    Quote Link
    Jon Eckart Jon Eckart: ((And, thoughout this process, I want to port my number (have the info for that) and use the...