Chase

Director
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Boss (situational)
Color #
((I know it's only Dec 23 in San Francisco, but I'm in Berlin and it's already Dec 24 so... going to post this while I still have time.))

My Secret Receiver will know who she is as soon as she sees this:
charity-water-playing-cards.jpg

That's a deck of waterproof playing cards.

So you can keep busy on your flight to NYC for...

hamilton.jpg

I remember you mentioning something last year, maybe?

Two tickets to the Broadway showing, 19h00 on 12 Feb, 2017.
Orchestra Row L
Seats 1 - 3 -- Aisle seats because you want easy access to the exits.

Happy Holidays, @Sophie.

Joe Kerr

VILE Trickster
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Joey, Joseph,
Color #
8a2be2
(I know I'm kinda early too but....)

What do you get for the woman who has everything (or could pretty much steal everything for herself)?

Tis' my honour to be your secret Santa this year dear Carmen;
I took the liberty of making you a nice box full of Chocolate Truffles using my Grandma's secret recipe.

chocolate_recipe_wilson-cacaotruff.jpg

I also know that you're not one for sentiments but I'll hope you'll like this next gift.
I'm not that good at woodworking but I was able to make a simple music box with recycled wood from the old theatre (and some spare parts I found lying around)

It plays "Auld Lang Syne".
ag03.a.alicdn.com_kf_HTB1ET9yIpXXXXcCXVXXq6xXFXXXT_Mini_Antiqu0a15a481f2edfa0dfa1e5bee890b5692.jpg

I hope that whenever you see the simple music box or hear this tune, you'll always remember that no matter what, you're never alone; you have all of us at VILE. Please never forget us, because we certainly will never forget you.

Merry Christmas, Carmen.

Patty

Valkyrie
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Patt, Patts, Petite, Amber Cecelia Argos, Valkyrie
Color #
8d8844
I'm @Jade's Secret Santa!

:D

antique-rubber-stamps.jpg

Here's a set of antique rubber stamps, in case you want to get crafty!

antique-rubber-stamps2.jpg

You can do all sorts of fun things with them, and they're worth a pretty penny, so keep them safe!

Merry Christmas, Jade! :D

Jade

ACME
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Jade
Color #
0099FF
Thanks Patty I truly appreciated...Oh I got a gift for @Lee the hot shot ace detective I've got him a book called The Book of Useless Information by Noel Botham and The Useless Information Society
Believe me this book will help him get the information he'll ever need.;) and I hope he does like a big candy bar of Hershey's milk chocolate and a bottle of Malzbier from Germany and it's a non-alcoholic :beer: trust me...I'm his Secret Santa.

Last edited:

Neb

The VILEiest VILE to ever VILE a VILE
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Nebuchadnezzar (Neb) Ullyss (formerly Kid Kidman), Kitty, Seryy Pripyat
Color #
323E4F
It seemed like something one should be able to find at a store, but in the end, in order to get Roc the perfect gift, she was going to have to make it herself.

Roc was Irish, and therefore had to have an affinity to potatoes, she reasoned, but preparing potatoes was time-consuming, and he probably would rather be at the shooting range.

There was only one solution for it, and after a few days of work, Neb shipped off her masterpiece in a box labeled "Potato Masher"

awhiterabbittrails.files.wordpress.com_2008_09_m41_pg.jpg

Merry Xmas, Roc!

Invader

ACME
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
The kid, laundry room ghost.
Color #
0000FF
Well I will say my dear friend Kidman is the one whom I am sending my gifts to.

Firstly I am giving you some hot coco mugs made out of chocolate, and some gourmet hot coco to go with them. I give you this to keep yourself warm on those cold nights. a1.bp.blogspot.com__YfagNOZ3XLI_Ttr3K6hjOYI_AAAAAAAAD6A_DnpjrVjNH7I_s1600_blog.jpg

Secondly I am giving you a charm bracelet with a swallow and a heart locket. So my thoughts of you can always be with you, and that you can always fly back to me.

aencrypted_tbn0_gstatic_com_images_9e37a5f4bc5fa37fa92c85d2b18464fe._.jpg

Lee

ACME
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Color #
Thanks @Jade for the beer, chocolate and book! gonna sure get to use all of that!

---

I'm secret santa to a pilot working in ACME ASS (or was that ACME ATS?)

A year or some ago, I found a kickstarter campaign that was making pens out of stonewashed titanium. It had bolt action mechanism and uses refillable space pen core!

tibolt-leather.jpg

You gonna have fun taking it apart and putting it together. Also got a nib for notes.

Enjoy holidays, Euge Grovington!

Carmen

Queen of Crime
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Color #
Normally, I wouldn't risk sending gifts to ACME, but this is tradition.

I am quite sure you have several versions of The Ingenious Gentleman Don Quixote of La Mancha by Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra at your disposal, but I found an edition that might pique your interest.

quixote-dali.jpg

This hard-copy of your favorite book... is illustrated by Salvador Domingo Felipe Jacinto Dalí i Domènech. Yes, that particular Dalí of Catalonia.

quixote-dali2.jpg

I thought you might find the art...

quixote-dali3.jpg

...quite unique.

quixote-dali4.jpg

@Ivy Monaghan, I'll have someone deliver this to your apartment. It's rather heavy, do take care to lift with your legs and not your back. Merry Christmas to you and yours, my favorite ACME Commander.

Carmen

Queen of Crime
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Color #
I hope that whenever you see the simple music box or hear this tune, you'll always remember that no matter what, you're never alone; you have all of us at VILE. Please never forget us, because we certainly will never forget you.

Merry Christmas, Carmen.
Ever the sentimentalist, Mr Kerr. I thank you, sincerely. The chocolates are wonderful, and the music box will surely come in handy.

Happy Christmas.

Latest posts

Latest threads

New Journals

Neutral Grounds
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Is everyone ready for the solar eclipse on April 8th, 2024? :)
    Quote Link
  • Invader Invader:
    yes
    Quote Link
  • Tenchi Masaki Tenchi Masaki:
    Affirmative
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    I’m staying inside
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I just found a wolf spider in my house. :D
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    one of the GOOD spiders you want around because they eat all the really bad bugs in the house. We put them outside :)
    Reactions: Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know there are over 400 species of parrots in the world??
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know David Attenborough was knighted twice? First in 1985, and again in 2002
    • Wow
    • Interesting
    Reactions: Jade and Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    @Lucy ... don't know if you really want wolf spiders in your home... I'd go for jumping spiders, they can't bite... wolf spiders are the fast movers, and they can bite.
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    And, jumpers are cute
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((Will lose my ACP internet towards the end of the month, unless anyone knows about it ending sooner. Trying to switch my Lifeline phone to a better provider that doesn't shut me off after four and a half gigs of data, nothing but failure so far and "call here" and "it's on their end" and the back and forth crap... in the morning, it's time to demand the supervisor and might even get to harsh language (after three days of that). I plan to use the Lifeline phone tethered as Internet source, share that to my own router... I've done it before (it's messy, and not 100% effective, but it works). ))
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((The 'net is the main way to apply for jobs now, so I need that, and I've moved/changed Lifeline providers before without an issue, so no idea what the problem is. I have active Verizon through ACP, active Lifeline through Airtalk... is that somehow the issue? If anyone knows, please let me know before I tear someone a new one (ya know what I mean). After three days of this, and two days about a month ago, I'm ready to walk there with katana in hand.))
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((And, thoughout this process, I want to port my number (have the info for that) and use the phone I have (Samsung Galaxy S9... gotten for free through Airtalk... note to anyone: if you choose a nice phone through them, you are locked into a 120 day "commitment" to get the phone for free, and they have a very hard data limit... once you use up your data, they cut you off, point blank.))
    Quote Link
    Jon Eckart Jon Eckart: ((And, thoughout this process, I want to port my number (have the info for that) and use the...