Discussion Marvel Improv Character Claim

Deadpool

Game Leader
Best answers
Known Aliases
Deadpool
[Note: Check this post often! It will be constantly edited]
EXTRA EXTRA! A note on the game beginning by Spider-Man
For the main story, we're going to be splitting up into 3 teams. Each team received a 'request' to meet up at a New York City apartment. The note seems to be sent by the other teams, so no one really knows who asked to meet.

The teams are:

Team RED (+ Venom + Groot - Daredevil)
@Zack Monaghan - @Deadpool
@Nevon Blair - @Spider-Man
@Eugene Grovington - @Venom
@Kid Kidman - @Groot

Team Asgard
@Lee Jordan - @Loki
@Chase Devineaux - @Thor
@Sophie Conrad - @Lady Sif

Team Avengers (+ X-Men Storm)
@Ivy Monaghan - @Black Widow
@Joe Kerr - @Iron Man
@Deric Storm - @Capt. Steven Rogers
@Julie Justice - @Ororo Munroe

You can decide where your team is 'hanging out' and how you got the note, and then make your way to a penthouse on 422 East 72nd Street.

You can also opt to all individually come, freestyle!
Below will be archived story elements as the Game Mod sees fit:
1.0 Original Sign Up Post:

Alrighty folks, and now for something completely different! We're going to do a limited time Marvel Improv game in the ShoutBox. This will take on the form of the Halloween Improv game as played before with slightly different rules.

You will have to choose a Marvel hero/villain to play and you are expected to at least have an intermediate knowledge of that character and write as they would speak. You can choose any iteration of the character (comics/movies/cartoons/etc.) You can make them 'your own' but do not stray too far from the path young grasshoppa as you will have to interact with others.

The story and game will have to be developed according to what characters everyone signs up as, so therefore you must claim your character first on this thread. Got a character in mind but need a brush up or want to discuss how they would fit in with the others? Ask questions here, or in the ShoutBox.

Characters Claimed:

@Lee Jordan - @Loki
@Chase Devineaux - @Thor
@Joe Kerr - @Iron Man
@Kid Kidman - @Groot

Best answers
Color #
White
Hello everyone.

I'm just wondering how long we have to sign up for this role play? I got busy with a few things (in "real" life) and haven't been able to do any work on it.

Thanks. :)

Deadpool

Game Leader
Best answers
Known Aliases
Deadpool
I'm gonna set this signup to end January 11th 2015. Thinking that sub accounts should be created and filled out by that time.

Neb

The VILEiest VILE to ever VILE a VILE
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Nebuchadnezzar (Neb) Ullyss (formerly Kid Kidman), Kitty, Seryy Pripyat
Color #
323E4F
Actually, I am Groot.
As soon as I figure out how to make a sub-account.

Best answers
Color #
White
Hello everyone.

I was going to be Storm. Although we know her from X-Men, someone with the ability to control the weather is always useful, and she was with the Avengers briefly. But apparently there already is a "Storm" on here. Not a real problem, as she has quite a few aliases. But apparently, I will have to create a new e-mail, to make a sub-account, which I didn't know. So I will try again tomorrow, maybe. :)

Best answers
Color #
White
Hello everyone.

So, if you all remember my message from Wednesday, I was going to be "Storm" but I couldn't, because there is already one one here, and I needed a different e-mail or whatever. OK, fine. So, today I went to Google, and made a g-mail for "Ororo Munroe" (which is of course, is Storm's "real" name. I decided to take the chance of using her "real" name, thinking that maybe it might be more "unique" than some of her other aliases). So, OK, fine, no problem there. So I came back here to make the sub-account. I put in all the e-mail and a different password. Instead of telling me the account had been created, it said "the name and e-mail must be unique, there is already a user with that name and e-mail." I said,"You gotta be kidding me? !!" So I looked at the Registered Members, an there was the account I was told I had not created!! I also looked thru the Registered Members, I also found the one for "Storm" (that I was told I couldn't make because there was a "Storm") and some other ones I tried last night, using the aliases Windrider, Mistresses of the Elements, and Weather Witch, (all of which I was tried yesterday, which I was told I couldn't create without a different e-mail!! All of these things show up as sub accounts I have made, but I can't delete any of them. And they all list this person as a Writer, and have the cute little icon/avatar for "Writer" with seemingly no way to change it. And I was gonna use the Avatar Maker on here, too!! :(

Deadpool

Game Leader
Best answers
Known Aliases
Deadpool
Hello Julie. You should be able to use your sub account as 'Ororo Monroe' first. To log into your sub account, look at the top of your screen. There should be a 'log in as user' and you can select that name there.

When you make a post, it will also allow you to 'Post as User'

You will not be able to do much with the account until you fill in your character information and get an avatar up. Once that is done, your account will be approved to do other things like use the shoutbox.

Sincerely,
Your friendly neighbourhood Deadpool

Deadpool

Game Leader
Best answers
Known Aliases
Deadpool
Message to playas:
We definitely got enough people to start a game, but we're dealing with multiple universes and we're gonna need to get into the groove before a plot can form. The best way I see this happening is with practice.

I encourage Marvel characters to:

1) Fill out your profile with as much information as possible and add an avatar if you have not already.

2) Use the ShoutBox with your character and interact with other Marvel characters (listed below) as much as possible in the next few days. The ShoutBox is still open to all users at the moment.

3) Be open and talk about what you like about your character and other people's characters, as well as what you don't like (the world ain't perfect, folks) the ultimate decision is with each individual narrator but we're working as a team to find the best chemistry between ALL players so it's important to give constructive criticism and listen.

@Lee Jordan - @Loki
@Chase Devineaux - @Thor
@Joe Kerr - @Iron Man
@Kid Kidman - @Groot

Deadpool Oout!

Best answers
Color #
White
OK, so here is my progress report: I did make the profile page info for @Ororo Munroe. I put a lot of work into it, so please go check it out. I will have to try to do the avatar for her early tomorrow. I know that this sounds kinda lame (LOL!!) but I have no working lights back here, at my computer right now (long story...as always...don't ask!! LOL!!) I can see fine, using the light from my computer screen, if all I'm doing is typing. But @Chase had to give me special instructions on how to make the Avatar Maker work with Windows Vista Ultimate (Yes, any version of "Widows Vista" is basically lame...That is is a long story too..LOL!!). I wrote them down and put them here by computer, in case I wanted to use them again. But it is almost 6:30 P.M. here in Ohio, and with no lights, back here, I can't see to read them. Which is ironic, since I'm now @Ororo Munroe ("Storm") who of course, as we know, can control the weather, and is very well known for her use of LIGHTNING!! LOL!! ;)

Thank you, @Deadpool for your help so far.

I would also like to say, for the benefit of my younger friends on here, (which I know is most of you!! LOL!!) you may be familiar with Ororo (Storm)'s powers from the great "X-Men" movies. But in order to make those movies appeal to new fans, they made them a lot less "comic-booky" and in doing so, they took out a lot of Storm's dialogue. So even though she will look like "Storm" from the movies, in terms of dialogue (which I will write myself, of course) start thinking along the lines of the X-Men cartoon from the 1990's, OK? !! LOL!! :)

Reactions: Ivy
Best answers
Color #
White
OK, guys, as you can see, I made the avatar for @Ororo Munroe. But I'm still having a bit of a problem, and I need your help. After I made the avatar for Ororo, I wanted to see if I could post a message as her in the Shoutbox, to say hi. But it would not give me the little comment box to write in, and Ororo could not post on this thread either, due to insufficient privileges. So I thought I would log out as her, and log back in as Julie, but I couldn't. It kept asking me for my e-mail and password, and if I wanted to make a new account. I was going to send an e-mail to the Contact Us section but logged in as Julie Justice last time instead. Please help.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest threads

New Journals

Neutral Grounds
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I just heard on the news they're going to have to remove the Sakura trees in Washington because of damage to a sea wall. They have to build a sea wall and replant new trees.
    Reactions: Jade
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    They were a gift from the mayor of Tokyo!
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Okay wait. Only 158 of the 2,500 have to be taken down. They are also taking clippings from the cut down trees to propagate new ones
    Reactions: Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Is everyone ready for the solar eclipse on April 8th, 2024? :)
    Quote Link
  • Invader Invader:
    yes
    Quote Link
  • Tenchi Masaki Tenchi Masaki:
    Affirmative
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    I’m staying inside
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I just found a wolf spider in my house. :D
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    one of the GOOD spiders you want around because they eat all the really bad bugs in the house. We put them outside :)
    Reactions: Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know there are over 400 species of parrots in the world??
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know David Attenborough was knighted twice? First in 1985, and again in 2002
    • Wow
    • Interesting
    Reactions: Jade and Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    @Lucy ... don't know if you really want wolf spiders in your home... I'd go for jumping spiders, they can't bite... wolf spiders are the fast movers, and they can bite.
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    And, jumpers are cute
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((Will lose my ACP internet towards the end of the month, unless anyone knows about it ending sooner. Trying to switch my Lifeline phone to a better provider that doesn't shut me off after four and a half gigs of data, nothing but failure so far and "call here" and "it's on their end" and the back and forth crap... in the morning, it's time to demand the supervisor and might even get to harsh language (after three days of that). I plan to use the Lifeline phone tethered as Internet source, share that to my own router... I've done it before (it's messy, and not 100% effective, but it works). ))
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((The 'net is the main way to apply for jobs now, so I need that, and I've moved/changed Lifeline providers before without an issue, so no idea what the problem is. I have active Verizon through ACP, active Lifeline through Airtalk... is that somehow the issue? If anyone knows, please let me know before I tear someone a new one (ya know what I mean). After three days of this, and two days about a month ago, I'm ready to walk there with katana in hand.))
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((And, thoughout this process, I want to port my number (have the info for that) and use the phone I have (Samsung Galaxy S9... gotten for free through Airtalk... note to anyone: if you choose a nice phone through them, you are locked into a 120 day "commitment" to get the phone for free, and they have a very hard data limit... once you use up your data, they cut you off, point blank.))
    Quote Link
    Jon Eckart Jon Eckart: ((And, thoughout this process, I want to port my number (have the info for that) and use the...