AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
The kid, laundry room ghost.
Color #
0000FF
Becoming the laundry room ghost.

I own no one here but myself.

Invader is walking down the hallway to the research library, it is very late in the night and all is quiet and still. She walks down the hall as if she is expecting to run into some of the enforcers that patrol the labs. She very well knows that if they catch her, things will not go very well.

"What do you think you are doing here." Comes the voice of Mr.Sinister
"You are not here....not..here...not..here." Chants Invader, trying to drown the memory out.
"You know the rules, no one is allowed out this late." The voice continues.
"Please ....not the gray room..." She Begs the memory.

Mr.Sinister steps out of the shadows, two of the enforcers are near him, and they grab her by the arms to drag her off to the gray room. Invader awakens gasping and flailing her limbs, this is the fourth night in a row that this dream has happened. It always ends the same way with her being dragged into the gray room. She very well knows that the lab is gone for good but the memories of it are still fresh in her mind. Every night she has slept in a different room and still experiences the nightmares. This is taking a toll on her and she continues to try and find a place that keeps the memories at bay.

It was quite by accident that she found this room far away from the dorms and forgotten. On a whim she had dragged several blankets with her and quickly made a nest out of them. No longer able to stay awake she falls into slumber that is vast and deep. All through the night her mind is a blank , and no nightmares visit her. She sleeps in far later than expected, and almost chides herself for the fact. Rising quickly she finds herself feeling well rested for the first time. Though Invader knows she must return to the dorm room soon before the decoy is discovered.

The decoys are a subconscious habit that she picked up while trying to survive in the other world labs. It is taking her longer than expected to beak the habit, and finally be at ease. Not knowing many people at ACME headquarters, she keeps her distance and just watches them in fascination. Deep within she really wants to get to know them but for now she is happy to be out of the way. Chase happens to be walking into the dorm room that invader is staying in and catches sight of her.

"No sleep again?" He asks politely.
"Actually, I finally got some sleep." Replies Invader. "For some reason the empty storage room in the basement blocks nightmares."
"You mean the supply room next to the laundry room?" Questions Chase. "What were you doing down there?"
"I could not sleep , so I went on a walk and was exhausted." She replies. "Next thing I knew I was waking up in the middle of the room."
"What is with the decoys?" Asked Chase in a gentle tone.
"A habit I am trying to break." Sighs Invader. "My mind still thinks I am in the lab, and the enforcers are about."
"Enforcers?" Questions Chase.
"They were the ones who enforced the rules." Invader recollects. "I was made an example of many times."
"Sorry to hear that." Replies Chase. "Is that why you are afraid of a certain agent?"
"Yes, terrified to be exact." Invader says apprehensively. "That is why I steer clear of them."
"Well that clears up the rumor of the laundry room being haunted." Offers Chase.
"So now I am the ghost of the laundry room?" Laughs Invader. "Perhaps I could write letters to the others."
"I have been meaning to ask you about getting to know the other agents here." Offers Chase. "Writing letters would be a good start, if you are not comfortable talking to them directly."
"I would be more than happy to write to them." Offers Invader. "Provided that I have some paper."
"I already set some by the nightstand." Replies Chase.
" Thanks, this means a lot to me." Replies Invader. " Would you mind me moving down there?"
"You have a room here." Chase points out.
"I know but you need room for the agents coming back, besides I don't really exist outside of here, nor within here." Invader shoots back.
"Well you do exist to some of the agents." Counters Chase. "However I do understand your unique circumstances."
"How about I move down there?" Offers Invader. "That way I wont disturb anyone, in case I have nightmares or flashbacks."

Reluctantly Chase accepts the offer, though he knows Invader is still adjusting. However the idea of ACME being haunted amuses him. It seems very fitting for her, sense her presence is much akin to a real ghost. This would also be a good cover for her, until ACME really decides what to do with her.

The end.

Best answers
Color #
White
Hello Invader. That's a great story. I hope more people read it and get to know you, too. Would you like me to write a story, in response to this, or would you like me to leave it alone, since it seems to be part of your "backstory" so to speak? Cuz I can try to think of something good!! :)

Latest posts

Latest threads

New Journals

Neutral Grounds
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Lucy Lucy: I recently read an article that said because of a solar storm, the northern lights can be seen...
    • Interesting
    Reactions: Tenchi Masaki