Color #
Zombie appcalypse test run speed RP.

Players:
Hank (@Lee)
Mercy Star (@Ivy)
Ella Jean (@Patty)
Keniryo Dakamura (@Chase)
Stila Miles (@Sophie)

We have the characters required for a test run, this started Sunday Jan 19.

RULES:
  • Establish location and play style
  • Agree on a vague ending point
  • Post in turns
  • About 10-15 minutes per turn
  • About 100 words per post (80 words to 150 words is good)
  • To skip your turn, type 'Pass'

STATS:

Last edited by a moderator:

Lee

ACME
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Color #
Hank (Henry) Francis Bowler was in New Orleans for a convention on boat motors and chain saws. He'd been running the part of 'buyer of fancy new things' at the swamp hut near the Bayou over past the Venetian Isles.

He woke up this morning and couldn't find any of his swamp buddies, so he figured he'd grab breakfast first... only to discover the hotel was overrun by them Biters the news had been talking about. And they say these things would never get past the swamps.

Grabbing a nearby chainsaw, he made his way out of the hotel buffet with a few people, all aiming for evac on the roof.

Sophie

Medical Staff
Best answers
Color #
C8A2C8
Stila Miles had arrived late last night, dropped from a helicopter into a school field. She had been driven past an evacuation center but it appeared overrun. Barely having got any sleep since, she had only managed to spend the hours repacking supplies and attempting to secure the premise.

By dawn, it appeared futile and she extracted all the vials of serum she had earlier unpacked into the mini-bar fridge into an insulated carrier before heading out of her room. Opening the door of the stairwell leading to the roof, she walked straight into Hank Bowler with a start.

Ivy

Commander
Best answers
Known Aliases
Iv', Ives
Color #
When the outbreak started, Mercy Star was just another tourist in the French Quarter of New Orleans. She heard of folks going mad from drinking bad water 'round these parts, but the her nice travel agent lady told her that things were all well under control. "If you see an infected person, keep your distance and calmly report them to the nearest law enforcement officer," the lady said. Mercy had no idea the kind of wild stampede she'd end up in.

She ran through an open staff-only door and found herself in a hotel kitchen, an 'infected' man close on her heels. Grabbing the closest item within reach, Mercy swung a cast-iron pan at her peruser. The cookware's sharp edge neatly contacted with its skull, and with a loud thud the zombie fell. Taking advantage of borrowed time, she rushed further inward, stopping as her eyes fell on a man who looked like he had no idea what was going on.

Chase

Director
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Boss (situational)
Color #
Keniryo Dakamura was here with his organization for an exchange with the deputy Mayor of New Orleans. Directly from Osaka, they took a private jet because few commercial airlines were operating.

Dakamura was what the Yakuza considered a 'side man' he came with deliveries, and in this case, he was handcuffed to a briefcase containing $250k USD in cash. When the attack happened early in the morning, his boss was in a meeting with the Chinese-Americans in the adjacent room.

An hour later, he entered with the briefcase on cue -- but they were all dead, devoured by a flesh-eating plague.

Scanning the room, the Japanese found a set of traditional swords against the back wall, untouched by the fray. Giving a brief prayer to his now deceased mentor, he removed the Daito and Wakizashi pair, and exited. People were heading to the roof, so it seemed.

Patty

Valkyrie
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Patt, Patts, Petite, Amber Cecelia Argos, Valkyrie
Color #
8d8844
Child star and beauty queen, Ella Jean was soo annoyed when her assistant never came back with the strawberry jelly doughnut she asked for. How was she supposed to promote her autobiography on an empty stomach!? Her thoughts were interrupted by an obnoxious car alarm. Looking outside the window, Ella saw some crazies hitting the noisy car.

"Better get outta here..." she said as she opened the door. She cringed when she saw an impaled zombie on the ground, an axe sticking out of its skull.

"...convenient!" Ella chipped, taking the axe and making a run towards the sound of people on the roof.

Lee

ACME
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Color #
Hank turned off his chainsaw when he saw this girl in front of him. She looked medical and had all sorts of things with her and he quickly grabbed on to her arm and pulled her with him.

"That there looks important," he voiced in his accent, "ya stick to me lil' lady and let's make it to the roof, I heard some guy back thar yelling 'extraction on roof' b'fore he got mauled by a fat 'un."

Sophie

Medical Staff
Best answers
Color #
C8A2C8
Fat 'un...? Stila pulled the straps of her kit around her and stared at the chainsaw-toting man in bewilderment. There were screams, and the sound drove them upwards. On the seventh floor, the door they passed swung open, revealing contorted faces and limbs.

"Aaargh!"

With a grab at an adjacent fire extinguisher, Stila swung at the creatures, breaking the neck of the closest. She bolted away, taking the steps two at a time.

"Why aren't you wearing a mask?!" she huffed as Hank pulled her along...

Ivy

Commander
Best answers
Known Aliases
Iv', Ives
Color #
Frying pan in hand, Mercy looked at the man with a briefcase before her.

“No way out from there,” the Texan took a metal ladle and barred the door, preventing any more infected from rushing through. “We better try make it up to the roof, I hear helicopters…”

Just as she finished her sentence, Mercy saw a stream of people now running in the opposite direction and spilling down the stairs.

Not realizing that the briefcase was cuffed to her new-found-friend’s arm she wondered what in god’s green earth could be in it that he would risk life and limb in a situation like this. “No offense, Ninja-guy, but ya might want to lose the baggage.”

Chase

Director
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Boss (situational)
Color #
Dakamura made it down to the kitchen, tried unsuccessfully to narrate his situation to an American tourist, and decided it was best to just go with the flow. Her actions and pitched voicing indicated that she was also heading for the roof.

“Keniryo,” he introduced himself, “no English.”

The shorter Wakizashi was perfect for close-quarter-combat, much less likely to get stuck in a wall. With it armed in one hand, Keniryo used both the sword and the Samsonite 5mm-spaced-armored steel briefcase as leverage… although probably not the type of leverage his Yakuza family first intended.

A light group of 4-5 mindless individuals barred their way and while he watched the American girl ready to strike with her strange weapon of choice -- a pan -- he figured he was in the better position to clear this.

Bone against metal and blade made a sufficiently satisfactory sound, and at the end of the hall, he spied a little blonde girl running by with just what he needed.

“Axe!” Dakamura shouted.

Patty

Valkyrie
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Patt, Patts, Petite, Amber Cecelia Argos, Valkyrie
Color #
8d8844
“What-the-what?” Ella turned around and saw the man cuffed to a suitcase. From her early years touring Japan she could decipher that “Axe!” meant, “Please cut the chain that is attaching me to this needless suitcase in a zombie survival situation.”

“Ok!” Ella shouted, closing her eyes and striking down with the passion of a child star. Luckily for Keniryo, the weapon hit true. With a spark he was free, and that also meant he had another hand to save her from an oncoming crazy.

She ducked as he gripped a zombie’s neck behind her and the lady with him smashed its brains in with a skillet.

“Thanks, you two just saved Ella Jean. I won’t forget this!”

Lee

ACME
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Color #
“Whut mask? Like for halloween?” he said almost condescendingly, because like always, he knew better, “Lady, I ain’t playing some Cosplay role of a Chainsaw Murderer, Ima done this for reals, we got zombies, if you dun notice!”

Rushing forward a bit, with his electric chainsaw, he cut off a few zombie heads. Nevermind that some of them were already dead.

“Ima Hank, medic lady” he said, “Hank Bowler, dun ask, I done no bowling to get that name.”

He used the chainsaw to open through a few doors too frustrating to use the handle for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest threads

New Journals

Neutral Grounds
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Is everyone ready for the solar eclipse on April 8th, 2024? :)
    Quote Link
  • Invader Invader:
    yes
    Quote Link
  • Tenchi Masaki Tenchi Masaki:
    Affirmative
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    I’m staying inside
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I just found a wolf spider in my house. :D
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    one of the GOOD spiders you want around because they eat all the really bad bugs in the house. We put them outside :)
    Reactions: Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know there are over 400 species of parrots in the world??
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know David Attenborough was knighted twice? First in 1985, and again in 2002
    • Wow
    • Interesting
    Reactions: Jade and Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    @Lucy ... don't know if you really want wolf spiders in your home... I'd go for jumping spiders, they can't bite... wolf spiders are the fast movers, and they can bite.
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    And, jumpers are cute
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((Will lose my ACP internet towards the end of the month, unless anyone knows about it ending sooner. Trying to switch my Lifeline phone to a better provider that doesn't shut me off after four and a half gigs of data, nothing but failure so far and "call here" and "it's on their end" and the back and forth crap... in the morning, it's time to demand the supervisor and might even get to harsh language (after three days of that). I plan to use the Lifeline phone tethered as Internet source, share that to my own router... I've done it before (it's messy, and not 100% effective, but it works). ))
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((The 'net is the main way to apply for jobs now, so I need that, and I've moved/changed Lifeline providers before without an issue, so no idea what the problem is. I have active Verizon through ACP, active Lifeline through Airtalk... is that somehow the issue? If anyone knows, please let me know before I tear someone a new one (ya know what I mean). After three days of this, and two days about a month ago, I'm ready to walk there with katana in hand.))
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((And, thoughout this process, I want to port my number (have the info for that) and use the phone I have (Samsung Galaxy S9... gotten for free through Airtalk... note to anyone: if you choose a nice phone through them, you are locked into a 120 day "commitment" to get the phone for free, and they have a very hard data limit... once you use up your data, they cut you off, point blank.))
    Quote Link
    Jon Eckart Jon Eckart: ((And, thoughout this process, I want to port my number (have the info for that) and use the...