Color #
Zombie appcalypse test run speed RP.

Players:
Hank (@Lee)
Mercy Star (@Ivy)
Ella Jean (@Patty)
Keniryo Dakamura (@Chase)
Stila Miles (@Sophie)

We have the characters required for a test run, this started Sunday Jan 19.

RULES:
  • Establish location and play style
  • Agree on a vague ending point
  • Post in turns
  • About 10-15 minutes per turn
  • About 100 words per post (80 words to 150 words is good)
  • To skip your turn, type 'Pass'

STATS:

Last edited by a moderator:

Lee

ACME
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Color #
Hank (Henry) Francis Bowler was in New Orleans for a convention on boat motors and chain saws. He'd been running the part of 'buyer of fancy new things' at the swamp hut near the Bayou over past the Venetian Isles.

He woke up this morning and couldn't find any of his swamp buddies, so he figured he'd grab breakfast first... only to discover the hotel was overrun by them Biters the news had been talking about. And they say these things would never get past the swamps.

Grabbing a nearby chainsaw, he made his way out of the hotel buffet with a few people, all aiming for evac on the roof.

Sophie

Medical Staff
Best answers
Color #
C8A2C8
Stila Miles had arrived late last night, dropped from a helicopter into a school field. She had been driven past an evacuation center but it appeared overrun. Barely having got any sleep since, she had only managed to spend the hours repacking supplies and attempting to secure the premise.

By dawn, it appeared futile and she extracted all the vials of serum she had earlier unpacked into the mini-bar fridge into an insulated carrier before heading out of her room. Opening the door of the stairwell leading to the roof, she walked straight into Hank Bowler with a start.

Ivy

Commander
Best answers
Known Aliases
Iv', Ives
Color #
When the outbreak started, Mercy Star was just another tourist in the French Quarter of New Orleans. She heard of folks going mad from drinking bad water 'round these parts, but the her nice travel agent lady told her that things were all well under control. "If you see an infected person, keep your distance and calmly report them to the nearest law enforcement officer," the lady said. Mercy had no idea the kind of wild stampede she'd end up in.

She ran through an open staff-only door and found herself in a hotel kitchen, an 'infected' man close on her heels. Grabbing the closest item within reach, Mercy swung a cast-iron pan at her peruser. The cookware's sharp edge neatly contacted with its skull, and with a loud thud the zombie fell. Taking advantage of borrowed time, she rushed further inward, stopping as her eyes fell on a man who looked like he had no idea what was going on.

Chase

Director
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Boss (situational)
Color #
Keniryo Dakamura was here with his organization for an exchange with the deputy Mayor of New Orleans. Directly from Osaka, they took a private jet because few commercial airlines were operating.

Dakamura was what the Yakuza considered a 'side man' he came with deliveries, and in this case, he was handcuffed to a briefcase containing $250k USD in cash. When the attack happened early in the morning, his boss was in a meeting with the Chinese-Americans in the adjacent room.

An hour later, he entered with the briefcase on cue -- but they were all dead, devoured by a flesh-eating plague.

Scanning the room, the Japanese found a set of traditional swords against the back wall, untouched by the fray. Giving a brief prayer to his now deceased mentor, he removed the Daito and Wakizashi pair, and exited. People were heading to the roof, so it seemed.

Patty

Valkyrie
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Patt, Patts, Petite, Amber Cecelia Argos, Valkyrie
Color #
8d8844
Child star and beauty queen, Ella Jean was soo annoyed when her assistant never came back with the strawberry jelly doughnut she asked for. How was she supposed to promote her autobiography on an empty stomach!? Her thoughts were interrupted by an obnoxious car alarm. Looking outside the window, Ella saw some crazies hitting the noisy car.

"Better get outta here..." she said as she opened the door. She cringed when she saw an impaled zombie on the ground, an axe sticking out of its skull.

"...convenient!" Ella chipped, taking the axe and making a run towards the sound of people on the roof.

Lee

ACME
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Color #
Hank turned off his chainsaw when he saw this girl in front of him. She looked medical and had all sorts of things with her and he quickly grabbed on to her arm and pulled her with him.

"That there looks important," he voiced in his accent, "ya stick to me lil' lady and let's make it to the roof, I heard some guy back thar yelling 'extraction on roof' b'fore he got mauled by a fat 'un."

Sophie

Medical Staff
Best answers
Color #
C8A2C8
Fat 'un...? Stila pulled the straps of her kit around her and stared at the chainsaw-toting man in bewilderment. There were screams, and the sound drove them upwards. On the seventh floor, the door they passed swung open, revealing contorted faces and limbs.

"Aaargh!"

With a grab at an adjacent fire extinguisher, Stila swung at the creatures, breaking the neck of the closest. She bolted away, taking the steps two at a time.

"Why aren't you wearing a mask?!" she huffed as Hank pulled her along...

Ivy

Commander
Best answers
Known Aliases
Iv', Ives
Color #
Frying pan in hand, Mercy looked at the man with a briefcase before her.

“No way out from there,” the Texan took a metal ladle and barred the door, preventing any more infected from rushing through. “We better try make it up to the roof, I hear helicopters…”

Just as she finished her sentence, Mercy saw a stream of people now running in the opposite direction and spilling down the stairs.

Not realizing that the briefcase was cuffed to her new-found-friend’s arm she wondered what in god’s green earth could be in it that he would risk life and limb in a situation like this. “No offense, Ninja-guy, but ya might want to lose the baggage.”

Chase

Director
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Boss (situational)
Color #
Dakamura made it down to the kitchen, tried unsuccessfully to narrate his situation to an American tourist, and decided it was best to just go with the flow. Her actions and pitched voicing indicated that she was also heading for the roof.

“Keniryo,” he introduced himself, “no English.”

The shorter Wakizashi was perfect for close-quarter-combat, much less likely to get stuck in a wall. With it armed in one hand, Keniryo used both the sword and the Samsonite 5mm-spaced-armored steel briefcase as leverage… although probably not the type of leverage his Yakuza family first intended.

A light group of 4-5 mindless individuals barred their way and while he watched the American girl ready to strike with her strange weapon of choice -- a pan -- he figured he was in the better position to clear this.

Bone against metal and blade made a sufficiently satisfactory sound, and at the end of the hall, he spied a little blonde girl running by with just what he needed.

“Axe!” Dakamura shouted.

Patty

Valkyrie
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Patt, Patts, Petite, Amber Cecelia Argos, Valkyrie
Color #
8d8844
“What-the-what?” Ella turned around and saw the man cuffed to a suitcase. From her early years touring Japan she could decipher that “Axe!” meant, “Please cut the chain that is attaching me to this needless suitcase in a zombie survival situation.”

“Ok!” Ella shouted, closing her eyes and striking down with the passion of a child star. Luckily for Keniryo, the weapon hit true. With a spark he was free, and that also meant he had another hand to save her from an oncoming crazy.

She ducked as he gripped a zombie’s neck behind her and the lady with him smashed its brains in with a skillet.

“Thanks, you two just saved Ella Jean. I won’t forget this!”

Lee

ACME
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Color #
“Whut mask? Like for halloween?” he said almost condescendingly, because like always, he knew better, “Lady, I ain’t playing some Cosplay role of a Chainsaw Murderer, Ima done this for reals, we got zombies, if you dun notice!”

Rushing forward a bit, with his electric chainsaw, he cut off a few zombie heads. Nevermind that some of them were already dead.

“Ima Hank, medic lady” he said, “Hank Bowler, dun ask, I done no bowling to get that name.”

He used the chainsaw to open through a few doors too frustrating to use the handle for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest threads

New Journals

Neutral Grounds
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((So... is it me or does the board not process double-space between sentences as double-space? Kinda bugs me, but I'll live))
    Quote Link
  • I :
    Guest invaderhorizongreen has joined the room.
  • I (Guest) invaderhorizongreen:
    Deric Storm said:
    Invader, have you checked your spam folder. Sometimes, I've had password reset emails go in there
    yes I have checked spam nothing
    Quote Link
    I even have the site white listed, for a wild shot can any of you post a new question in the guessing game I had set up
    Quote Link
    I would like to see if that will get my email to ping
    • Interesting
    Reactions: Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
    I know that might just be a shot in the dark but why not try
    Quote Link
  • Tenchi Masaki Tenchi Masaki:
    Sure why not?
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I hope you get it fixed Invader!!
    Reactions: Jade
    Quote Link
  • Dj Inn(Djinn) :
    Dj Inn(Djinn) has left the room.
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Good Morning everybody. I hope you all have a wonderful day :)
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know a group of Jellyfish is called a Smack? -Nat Geo
    Quote Link
    Smack O’ jellies is now a term
    • Haha
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((OOC: So, I am still here (at least, while ACP is still a thing, then I have to tether my phone to my laptop, send it's internet to Ethernet to my router and setup my other laptop to access that... I managed it once totally by accident)... updating stuff I'm working on is not a fun process (if anyone checks my stories folder on my Google Drive) anymore... the laptop at my desk is old (Core 2 Duo, 2Ghz, 4 gigs RAM, Win7 Ultimate)... Chrome won't update, Drive won't work... I'm stuck using FreeFileSync to keep stuff up to datep things synced. I have plans of getting a job and having money to have something better (a doorstop is better)
    • Love
    Reactions: Julie Justice
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    [continuing] I'm sorry if any of my posts are/could be inflammatory or anything... some of them are stuff I've had in the pipeline for a while, and I messed with it enough to get it postable... that's why there are dates showing when I started working on stuff... I'm not, and never have been, trying to step on anyone's toes or say "this is how it should be"... I have no say here, not sure who does these days (like I posted... maybe this is a test to see if we devolve into chaos). Posts like Hierarchy were started long ago, and meant as a guideline and not because I'm the voice of Sauron.
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    [continuing] I don't have the time to be here a whole lot, I don't have much beyond mom to help with my rent (and once I have a job, that'll take up more time, though I will keep working on stuff (both for here and not) as often as possible, and post when possible on here. I have a question that needs some clarification... being that we are supposed to get permission from the person if we use their character in an addition/story/post, how would that apply if the character is core to the universe (like Carmen... I can replace @Chase, maybe cobble someone into @Ivy's place... but, like @Carmen, being that she's a major character, as long as I don't have her acting or write a major part for her, would that circumvent the rule at all?
    • Love
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    [continuing] I'm just curious... the absence of the major's leaves a gap that I'm not sure what to do with anything... we (the Left Behind) could do a story together (or some stories separate), and that'd be cool, but without being able to use any major's, I'm not sure where to take anything. And, yeah... you can probably guess what my typing is like here (or anyplace else)... I type here or in Word, I type something (or notepad), and 15-20+ seconds later it shows up, so I have to stay on top of my grammar and spelling. I have to keep on top of all that, because I'm working on the big Carmen story at the same time, so I can't slip off my game.))
    • Love
    Quote Link
  • Julie Justice Julie Justice:
    @Jon Eckart Not exactly sure if I understand all your computer probs. I hope you get those resolved soon. Yes, I have many probs with my basic Google Chrome, too. I think it's fair to say we all have a love/hate relationship with technology. 😆 As far as your stories are concerned, you can use any cannon character you like, whether there is a person playing that role on here or not. Say the story is a fanfiction; and that the version of Chase, or Carmen (or whoever) from the computer games, gameshow (or whatever). We don't do Netflix Carmen, mostly because of the violence. And because it is fanfiction, you can also create other characters and situations to suit your story. Now, Chase, Carme, Ivy (or whoever) were here, of course, you would ask their permission; tell them your idea; and if they like it they might write it with you. 🙂
    Quote Link
    @Jon Eckart Now, if you for a friendship with someone on--and off-site, you might form a partnership with them, and write stories together (like Chase and Carmen; or Chase and Ivy; or Lucy and I) and then you will just put a statement saying that this story is a co-write with whoever. In fact, if you collaborate with this person a lot, people will just assume they have your permission; although you should always say it anyway, just as a common courtesy. In fact, ironically, the only people whose permission you must always ask to use their characters are "original" characters, who are creations of their individual writers (which most of us on here, are) specifically because we are not cannon. I hope that makes sense. 🙂
    Quote Link
    @Jon Eckart Now, if you want to write something, but don't have a lot of time, I would suggest posting a status; or replying to someone else's status. Or you could start a guessing game. Look under Forums/Guessing Games, and look at some things other people have done, to give you ideas. I hope that helps. 🙂
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know that the Mockingbird is the state bird of 5 states? Florida, Arkansas, Mississippi, Tennessee, and Texas.
    Quote Link
    It seems the Mock-5 is unstoppable... Go Speed Go!
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I just heard on the news they're going to have to remove the Sakura trees in Washington because of damage to a sea wall. They have to build a sea wall and replant new trees.
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    They were a gift from the mayor of Tokyo!
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Okay wait. Only 158 of the 2,500 have to be taken down. They are also taking clippings from the cut down trees to propagate new ones
    Quote Link
    Lucy Lucy: Okay wait. Only 158 of the 2,500 have to be taken down. They are also taking clippings from the...