V.I.L.E vs V.I.LE?

Joseph Porter

Writer
Best answers
Known Aliases
Joe, Ol'Joe
Color #
%2385bb6
Joseph left the breakroom with a note letting Masaki and Griffin know that he'd be at the vehicle base exchanging his normal delivery trailer for ACME's tech trailer.

he went to see ACME'S mechanic J.B Brown for the job as the two removed his delivery trailer and fitted on the ACME tech trailer which included an entire computer setup and room to fit up to two vehicles to move out on the road spy hunter style.

once the trailer was fit on the truck J.B then outfitted his truck's console with ACME'S best tech down to the steering wheel and soon his truck was ready to roll out like optimus prime!

he then waited inside for further instructions from Masaki and Griffin as since they were senior agents they would be in command of the mission and he would assist them while he drove so for now he would wait for them to arrive.

Tenchi Masaki

ACME Ace Detective, Inventor
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Tenko(don't ask), Kami Jack, Guy Smart, Tenten
Color #
The paperwork was being processed and Tenchi and Kylie were making their way to the vehicle base as Kylie felt unsure of bringing Roadie and Wheels along. They had been test driven by the two of them and then Tenchi had ported Interceptor tech into them to test out as well. It had become all fun and games and not just because Tenchi had incorporated video game tech into the support systems they used. Basic testing became based on video game objectives and all test drivers found the system fun and challenging.

But jealous gear-heads made their presence known. They resented all of Tenchi’s planes, trains, and automobiles at Home 01. Once Roadie and Wheels started being test driven they focused their envy onto them. Kylie felt she wouldn’t have cared at all normally but Wheels could talk. That little detail caused her to see him more as a friend than a ‘65 Mustang. Of course this led to all the pressure being on him.

Being a classic muscle car he had fans of the Mustang line keeping tabs on his performance. The vintage throwback package didn’t help things much either as Tenchi had included a sixties soundtrack of songs from the entire decade. As cat enthusiasts found out these little tidbits they obviously focused more attention on Wheels than Roadie. And if things stayed positive it would have been fine but negativity won out. Ford refused to associate with Wheels even though they didn’t ask. They learned it was a PR stunt to say, “We’re choosing sides and it isn’t theirs!” This desperate pandering was the sad norm among supercar manufacturers and Tenchi and Kylie learned the hard way about it.

Marketing was fierce and fans were fiercer. As a result of how Roadie and Wheels came into existence it accidentally brought supercar and muscle car fans together and not for the better. By simply having spy cars that could do what they did it made people want to know all about them but Tenchi said, “Just watch the cartoon show.” And in two moves Tenchi had alienated car companies as well as car enthusiasts alike. Tenchi popped the first symbol off of Wheels grill and replaced it with the symbol from the show featuring him and that was that.

The negativity got so bad that by the time people actually listened and saw or heard about the tv show, Tenchi and Kylie had decided to not reveal any official info on Roadie and Wheels out of respect for them. They told people to rely on the estimations given by engineers at Porsche or Ferrari. They had guessed the Bhp wad around 15000 and combined with the 5000 Bhp motors attached to each wheel came up with 35000 Bhp. People had learned too late that these cars were special to them and Kylie was happy to know she could drive at Wheels full potential.

Of course they could drive themselves as well and it was only when car and driver worked together could they unleash their full capabilities. Roadie and Wheels were happy to go along but went over to ask Joe if it was okay personally. Seeing an ACME Tech trailer made them ebony excited as when they got to use weapon trucks and boats from the Interceptor project. Roadie pulled up behind Joe and said, “Hello Joe, nice to meet you.”

Tenchi hoped they weren’t doing anything too creepy, but when they saw the two cars they were driving around Joes truck saying “Hello Joe!” So introductions had been made and the two were ready to go.

Last edited:

Claire Avalon

Writer
Best answers
Known Aliases
Violet Nowak
Claire Nowak
Color #
%2365000
Claire was anxious as she walked through the ACME halls in search of the various higher ups and supervisory agents she needed. As she scanned her ACME ID card, she was painfully self conscience of the different color code, differentiating her from the full time detectives and agents, the family, the ones who belonged. But this time, she had skin in the game. She had offered her full attention to ACME while her university was out of commission, trying to help build a profile of the specific VILE agents involved and their various agendas, as well as Carmen’s overall motive for stealing schools.

“This disappearing of schools, it has to be the butterfly effect and the diversion. What was specifically stolen and what can Carmen gain from it? There must be more to this,” Claire explained to the supervisory agent in the trim grey pantsuit sitting across from her.

She continued, “I know I work a desk job but I think I could be of some help here.”

“Well, Miss Avalon,” the agent replied, “ACME has expressed interest in you as a full time employee of the agency, and this case could operate as a sort of probationary period for you. In fact, I believe the agent who brought in the case is on a trial period too. This could be a good chance to see how well you work with our team.”

“I wasn’t aware I would be in the field, I don’t have any experience.”

“Well, when it comes to a time-travel case we don’t always have the luxury of virtual communication on demand, and your historical expertise could come in handy when working among civilians.”

Claire gulped nervously, but nodded nonetheless.

The agent slid a file across the desk, “you’ll need to fill this out and take it to Detective Masaki. He can introduce you to Kylie and Joe, your involvement level is up to his authority and if he sees fit to include you in the case then welcome aboard, Trainee Agent Avalon.”

Joseph Porter

Writer
Best answers
Known Aliases
Joe, Ol'Joe
Color #
%2385bb6
taking a snooze in the back of the trailer as A trucker does when on official break from being on the road an ex number of hours per the law he woke up when he heard a noise, stretched, got up, then went out to see the two cars Masaki and Griffin were talkin' about

they introduced themselves to Joe and chatted then asked him if they could come along with the mission
"Don't got a problem with that" he said as he got up to inspect the tech in the trailer to make sure everything was at 100% and once he was satisfied because the man was strict and particular like nobody's business when it came to his truck as this was his baby from the time he turned 21 and got his license he allowed the pair on board.

Polly Tix

Writer
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Polite, Poll, MsTix (Mystic)
“Hurry Ann! We have to go… wherever they’re going!” Polly yelled as she ran over to the truck and crawled inside. “I hope you don’t mind Mr. Roadie.” Polly hopped into the passenger seat and started playing video games while talking with Roadie and Wheels.

Ann Tickwitee

Writer
Best answers
Known Aliases
Anti, Angel, Witty
Wondering what she was up to, Ann followed Polly into the truck and hoped for the best. She got into Wheels and decided to keep him company. “Polly; I hope your not planning on interfering with the grownups. And let me play the game too!”

Tenchi Masaki

Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Color #
While driving to Boston Tenchi sang, “On the road agai-!” Just to be cutoff by Kylie’s hand over his mouth. She then said, “We are in California and are not driving there.” While cross country driving didn’t bother them, the problem was in the past not the present. So they fired up the Chronoskimmer and punched in Boston, Massachusetts, 1635…

Claire Avalon

Writer
Best answers
Known Aliases
Violet Nowak
Claire Nowak
Color #
%2365000
Claire made it to the truck just in time, and after introductions had been made she was welcomed onto the team. The prospect of time travel was terrifying for the profiler, never mind as a first experience in the field.

As the chronoskimmer whirred and buzzed in preparation, Claire recapped some basic facts for the group.
“Alright, so Boston, 1635. The settlements in the area are only about 15 years old. Between 1620 and 1630 the pilgrims have slowly moved from current day Cape Cod and other coastal cities, inland. The settlers in the area identify as Puritans, not pilgrims, a subset of Protestant Christians. The Boston Latin School was the first public school to open in the Americas, and is still in operation today…or…in the future. At least the future as it was intended.”
Time travel logic was dizzying, but Claire continued, “As was the custom of the time, the school was only open to men, but it was intended to be accessible to all social classes, which was novel for the era. Despite being the first public school, it was not the first school to be funded by taxes. While the school was intended as a preparatory academy for college, and eventually became a pipeline to Harvard, most early graduates did not continue their education at the college level. Alumni include John Hancock and Samuel Adams, but that is still a century away. Puritan culture was highly influenced by the desire to take biblical interpretation away from a singular power and the monastic orders, and allow every individual, or at least every male, to read and interpret the Bible. Early education began at home, but from about the age of 12 onward, young boys took classes in Latin, Greek, and humanities. Despite the fact that Puritan culture warranted a need for formal education, the school was unusual for being tied to the city and not affiliated with the church. The Master, the equivalent of a principal, was…is Philemon Pormort, though the school was founded by Reverend John Cotton. Religion is a massive part of society in this culture, so it helps to remember that Puritans in this community value simplicity and practicality, aiming to reflect equity in their congregations through simple, whitewashed designs free from the embellishments of the Catholic Church. They will be modestly dressed and conservative in nature, so be on your best behavior if you must interact with anyone!”

Joseph Porter

Writer
Best answers
Known Aliases
Joe, Ol'Joe
Color #
%2385bb6
Joe Listened to everything Avalon had to say as he plugged his key into the ignition and the truck roared to life as Joe made last minute checks and preparations then gave his horn a pull twice as its loud UHHH-UHHHHH! echoed as steam hissed from the exhaust the horn being the signal for the portal to open up which it did widely for the truck flashing and whirling.

"ALRIGHT, SEATBELTS ON EVERYBODY!!! WE'RE MOVING OUT!!!!" he ordered as he strapped on his then with hands on 10 and 2 he stomped the gas and the truck rolled into the chronoskimmer's time portal as with a flash the truck disappeared entering in as if it were being swallowed whole.

NEXT STOP: BOSTON, MASSACHUSETTS USA THE YEAR 1635

Tenchi Masaki

Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Color #
When they arrived on the East coast the main focus was finding useful clues. Luckily Boston wasn’t very big or populated during this time period. Less than 1200 to be more precise. The detectives were abuzz with activity making sure to not stand out with the proper fashion attire. Tenchi made his way to the founder of the school and said, “Rev. John Cotton I presume?”

Joseph Porter

Writer
Best answers
Known Aliases
Joe, Ol'Joe
Color #
%2385bb6
"Aye young man i am whom you seek and I trust you are the committee assigned to investigate this most heinous and despicable of deeds? come then, I shall tell you of our fine establishment."

"Our most prestigious Boston Latin School was founded on April 23, 1635 by the Town of Boston. The school was modeled after the Free Grammar School of Boston in England under the influence of myself. The first classes were held in the home of the Master, Philemon Pormort. John Hull was the first student to graduate (1637). It was intended to educate young men of all social classes in the classics. The school was initially funded by donations and land rentals rather than by taxes. A school established in nearby Dedham was the first tax-supported public school.
Latin is the mother of modern Romance languages and was an educational priority in the 17th century. The ability to read at least Cicero and Virgil was a requirement of all colonial colleges, and to write and speak Latin in verse and prose was the first of the “Harvard College Laws” of 1642. Boston Latin prepared many students for admission to Harvard, with a total of seven years devoted to the classics. However, most graduates of Boston Latin did not go on to college, since business and professions did not require college training."

"I can tell you that the individual who we named to be the guilty party was quite oddly dressed indeed.

his behavior was to say the least rather arrogant and egocentric and wore big glasses and a near-yellow coat of sorts every time he spoke, he would do it in a fast pace and sometimes tilt oddly."

"That's all the info necessary for now Reverend Cotton we thank you for your time.
Masaki, everybody we got our man! the reverend just gave us the description that only one crook fits and that's Carmen's Cyborg Scientist DR.BELLJAR!!! and now that I think about it the crime fits his m.o because he'd do it to mess with the history of education by deleting it permanently from existence and ensuring that he and he alone is the smartest most well educated man in the world and that no one will ever be able to outsmart him!"

Tenchi Masaki

Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Color #
Except we always outsmart him like today. Dr. Belljar wasn’t too pleased by ACMEs interference. But just because they took the wind out of his sail didn’t mean he was going to jail. He decided sneaking away was his best option but cyborg doctors stand out quite easily in the 17th century. As he headed for the hills the group spotted him fleeing the scene. Tenchi shouted, “Put your hands up before I scramble your circuits doctor!”

Latest posts

Latest threads

New Journals

Neutral Grounds
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • I (Guest) invaderhorizongreen:
    I even have the site white listed, for a wild shot can any of you post a new question in the guessing game I had set up
    Quote Link
    I would like to see if that will get my email to ping
    • Interesting
    Reactions: Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
    I know that might just be a shot in the dark but why not try
    Quote Link
  • Tenchi Masaki Tenchi Masaki:
    Sure why not?
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I hope you get it fixed Invader!!
    Reactions: Jade
    Quote Link
  • Dj Inn(Djinn) :
    Dj Inn(Djinn) has left the room.
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Good Morning everybody. I hope you all have a wonderful day :)
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know a group of Jellyfish is called a Smack? -Nat Geo
    Quote Link
    Smack O’ jellies is now a term
    • Haha
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((OOC: So, I am still here (at least, while ACP is still a thing, then I have to tether my phone to my laptop, send it's internet to Ethernet to my router and setup my other laptop to access that... I managed it once totally by accident)... updating stuff I'm working on is not a fun process (if anyone checks my stories folder on my Google Drive) anymore... the laptop at my desk is old (Core 2 Duo, 2Ghz, 4 gigs RAM, Win7 Ultimate)... Chrome won't update, Drive won't work... I'm stuck using FreeFileSync to keep stuff up to datep things synced. I have plans of getting a job and having money to have something better (a doorstop is better)
    • Love
    Reactions: Julie Justice
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    [continuing] I'm sorry if any of my posts are/could be inflammatory or anything... some of them are stuff I've had in the pipeline for a while, and I messed with it enough to get it postable... that's why there are dates showing when I started working on stuff... I'm not, and never have been, trying to step on anyone's toes or say "this is how it should be"... I have no say here, not sure who does these days (like I posted... maybe this is a test to see if we devolve into chaos). Posts like Hierarchy were started long ago, and meant as a guideline and not because I'm the voice of Sauron.
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    [continuing] I don't have the time to be here a whole lot, I don't have much beyond mom to help with my rent (and once I have a job, that'll take up more time, though I will keep working on stuff (both for here and not) as often as possible, and post when possible on here. I have a question that needs some clarification... being that we are supposed to get permission from the person if we use their character in an addition/story/post, how would that apply if the character is core to the universe (like Carmen... I can replace @Chase, maybe cobble someone into @Ivy's place... but, like @Carmen, being that she's a major character, as long as I don't have her acting or write a major part for her, would that circumvent the rule at all?
    • Love
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    [continuing] I'm just curious... the absence of the major's leaves a gap that I'm not sure what to do with anything... we (the Left Behind) could do a story together (or some stories separate), and that'd be cool, but without being able to use any major's, I'm not sure where to take anything. And, yeah... you can probably guess what my typing is like here (or anyplace else)... I type here or in Word, I type something (or notepad), and 15-20+ seconds later it shows up, so I have to stay on top of my grammar and spelling. I have to keep on top of all that, because I'm working on the big Carmen story at the same time, so I can't slip off my game.))
    • Love
    Quote Link
  • Julie Justice Julie Justice:
    @Jon Eckart Not exactly sure if I understand all your computer probs. I hope you get those resolved soon. Yes, I have many probs with my basic Google Chrome, too. I think it's fair to say we all have a love/hate relationship with technology. 😆 As far as your stories are concerned, you can use any cannon character you like, whether there is a person playing that role on here or not. Say the story is a fanfiction; and that the version of Chase, or Carmen (or whoever) from the computer games, gameshow (or whatever). We don't do Netflix Carmen, mostly because of the violence. And because it is fanfiction, you can also create other characters and situations to suit your story. Now, Chase, Carme, Ivy (or whoever) were here, of course, you would ask their permission; tell them your idea; and if they like it they might write it with you. 🙂
    Quote Link
    @Jon Eckart Now, if you for a friendship with someone on--and off-site, you might form a partnership with them, and write stories together (like Chase and Carmen; or Chase and Ivy; or Lucy and I) and then you will just put a statement saying that this story is a co-write with whoever. In fact, if you collaborate with this person a lot, people will just assume they have your permission; although you should always say it anyway, just as a common courtesy. In fact, ironically, the only people whose permission you must always ask to use their characters are "original" characters, who are creations of their individual writers (which most of us on here, are) specifically because we are not cannon. I hope that makes sense. 🙂
    Quote Link
    @Jon Eckart Now, if you want to write something, but don't have a lot of time, I would suggest posting a status; or replying to someone else's status. Or you could start a guessing game. Look under Forums/Guessing Games, and look at some things other people have done, to give you ideas. I hope that helps. 🙂
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know that the Mockingbird is the state bird of 5 states? Florida, Arkansas, Mississippi, Tennessee, and Texas.
    Quote Link
    It seems the Mock-5 is unstoppable... Go Speed Go!
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I just heard on the news they're going to have to remove the Sakura trees in Washington because of damage to a sea wall. They have to build a sea wall and replant new trees.
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    They were a gift from the mayor of Tokyo!
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Okay wait. Only 158 of the 2,500 have to be taken down. They are also taking clippings from the cut down trees to propagate new ones
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Is everyone ready for the solar eclipse on April 8th, 2024? :)
    Quote Link
  • Invader Invader:
    yes
    Quote Link
    Affirmative
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    I’m staying inside
    Quote Link