Open Quote of the Week

Jade

ACME
Best answers
8
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Jade
Color #
0099FF
We can only see a short distance ahead, but we can see plenty there that need to be done. - Alan Turing, English computer scientist (June 23, 1912-June 7, 1954, I don't own this quote whatsoever)
 

Jade

ACME
Best answers
8
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Jade
Color #
0099FF
The only way to enjoy anything in this life to earn it first. -Ginger Rogers, actress, dancer and was a partner to Fred Astaire from Flying Down to Rio to The Barkleys of Broadway [July 16, 1911-April 25, 1995, I don't own this quote or the movies that she and Fred appears whatsoever]
 

Jade

ACME
Best answers
8
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Jade
Color #
0099FF
No matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world. - Robin Williams as John Keating in the movie 'Dead Poets Society' (July 21, 1951- August 11, 2014: actor and comedian, I don't own the quote or the movie whatsoever)
 

Lucy

ACME Canine Unit
Best answers
1
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Alice, Luce, Lulu
"My wish for you is that you continue. Continue to be who you are, to astonish a mean world with your acts of kindness.”

—Maya Angelou
 

Jade

ACME
Best answers
8
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Jade
Color #
0099FF
Today is Star Trek Day for TECS members who are Star Trek fans and here's a quote from Spock...

Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end. (From Star Trek 6: The Undiscovered Country)

[I don't own the character, the quote or the movie whatsoever]
 

Jade

ACME
Best answers
8
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Jade
Color #
0099FF
The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you. -B.B. King, American Blues Guitarist, Singer, Songwriter and record producer [September 16, 1925, to May 14, 2015: note to any VILE members: don't even think of stealing Lucille out of the Smithsonian National Museum of American History (as in his guitar that is): I don't own the quote, the guitar [Lucille] or the museum whatsoever]
 

Jade

ACME
Best answers
8
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Jade
Color #
0099FF
Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less. Marie Curie, Polish physicist and chemist who earned two Nobel Prizes sharing with her husband, Pierre: Physics in 1903 and Chemistry in 1911 [November 7, 1867-July 4, 1934: I don't own that quote or the information about her or the Nobel Prizes she and Pierre earn whatsoever]
 

Jade

ACME
Best answers
8
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Jade
Color #
0099FF
Today is Mickey Mouse's birthday: I've found a quote from him, and it is a reminds us about focusing on positivity rather than negativity [I don't own this quote whatsoever]: I can't help you with revenge, but I can help you find happiness.
 

Jade

ACME
Best answers
8
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Jade
Color #
0099FF
With the possible exception of the equator, everything begins somewhere. - C [Clive] S [Staples] Lewis, British writer (who wrote the book series the Chronicles of Narnia), literary scholar and a lay theologian.

(November 29, 1898-November 22, 1963: the same day JFK got assassinated in Dallas, TX, I don't own the quote, the book series or any historical information whatsoever)
 

Latest posts

Latest threads

New Journals

Neutral Grounds
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Laverna Laverna:
    This fanfic series is good it's disablity awareness Stories
    Quote Link
  • Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Was just thinking, when someone says think outside the box....why does it have to be a box? Why can't it be anything you want? Like a closet? Or a door? Hehe
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    But also....why does there have to be a box at all?
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Okay this might need to become a topic....here's one step further..."Why are we assuming thinking has an “inside” and an “outside” at all?"
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Why did we decide creativity requires escaping from something? Why do so many of our metaphors for creativity imply that ordinary thinking is a restriction?
    Quote Link
  • Victorique Victorique:
    It's because it hinges on the idea that everyone wants to be ordinary (aka "normal") and that being anything other should be punishable socially. It stems from imperial modes of thinking that harm people not white-cis-straight-abled-perisex-etc because the idea of normal is centred on "some guy"-isms
    • Like
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    . Who likes my drawing of honey senpai
    • Like
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Deric Storm Deric Storm:
    Lucy said:
    Why did we decide creativity requires escaping from something? Why do so many of our metaphors for creativity imply that ordinary thinking is a restriction?
    Because creativity is also associated with freedom
    • Love
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • L :
    Guest LavernaS has joined the room.
  • L (Guest) LavernaS:
    Hey I lost access to here. My email is messlingkiddo2@Gmail.com if you want to reach me
    • Like
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Laverna I'm sure the admin could fix that :) maybe
    Quote Link
  • Charlet Charlet:
    I'm. Back in
    Quote Link
  • Charlet Charlet:
    Well as charlet
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    yay you got back in :)
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    but also....is @Tenchi Masaki doing okay? :(
    Quote Link
  • Tenchi Masaki Tenchi Masaki:
    Well yes actually. I was sick(lost my voice) and now I'm better and on vacation @Lucy
    • Love
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    This has been bugging me for days.... what is with the military/ ACME and the acronyms?
    Quote Link
  • Deric Storm Deric Storm:
    IDK. WDYM
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I rest my case, your honor.
    Quote Link
  • Tenchi Masaki Tenchi Masaki:
    ACME were peacekeepers in the world wars
    • Wow
    Reactions: Jade
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I must have either forgotten something again with my horrible memory problems or not seen that part of the site. Tenchi :D
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Unrelated question....are political questions allowed? Also really confused why people keep calling the U.S. a democracy when we are supposed to be a Republic....
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Sorry....noted. no political questions sorry again...
    Quote Link
  • Deric Storm Deric Storm:
    Lucy said:
    Unrelated question....are political questions allowed? Also really confused why people keep calling the U.S. a democracy when we are supposed to be a Republic....
    Define "political questions". Also, we are a constitutional Republic with Democratically elected representation. I will argue until my dying day that the greatest thing the Founding Fathers created was the Electoral College
    • Like
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
    Deric Storm Deric Storm: Unrelated question....are political questions allowed? Also really confused why people keep...
    • Like
    Reactions: Lucy
    Top