Chase

Director
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Boss (situational)
Color #
Oct 24, 2014 at 5:26 PM - Zack: ---------Shoutbox is now reserved for Halloween Improv----------
Oct 24, 2014 at 7:25 PM - Julie Justice: Rhea Porter, a repoter for the San Francico examiner arrives the party at Shelgrin-Fetton Manor. :)
Oct 24, 2014 at 7:51 PM - Zack: *Bartholomew Burton, the house butler waits at the foyer to greet each guest so he can announce their entry.*
Oct 24, 2014 at 7:52 PM - Zack: Greetings Ms. Porter! Welcome to Shelgrin-Fetton Manor.
Oct 24, 2014 at 7:58 PM - Zack: I am Bartholomew Burton, Mr. Fetton's Butler. We have champagne and caviar canapés, please make yourself at home.
Oct 24, 2014 at 8:34 PM - Julie Justice: Rhea Porter says,"Yes, I will. Thank you." She was happy noone else wanted this assignment, and intends to have some fun tonight. :)
Oct 24, 2014 at 8:38 PM - Zack: *hands Rhea Porter a glass* Please be sure to stay in this area until dinner is served, Ms. Porter. This is a large house and we do not wish for any guests to get lost.
Oct 24, 2014 at 8:48 PM - Julie Justice: Rhea Porter says,"Thank you very much. I woudn't want to get lost in this place. " :)
Oct 25, 2014 at 4:50 AM - Lee: *is Harold Fetton, owner of Shelgin-Fetton manor, waiting for his wife to finish dressing*

Chase

Director
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Boss (situational)
Color #
Oct 25, 2014 at 6:45 AM - Molly: *Fey Fetton finally comes down, wearing her most prized and treasured jewelled necklace*
Oct 25, 2014 at 7:09 AM - Lee: *To Fey* I heard voices, I think people are starting to arrive. What do you think? Does this suit say too much that I want to sell this place?
Oct 25, 2014 at 7:56 AM - Molly: *rolls eyes* Stop saying exactly what you're thinking and we might have a chance at getting rid of this house.
Oct 25, 2014 at 7:56 AM - Molly: *fixes her husband's suit* And I told you to wear the orange tie. It's Halloween, after all.
Oct 25, 2014 at 7:59 AM - Lee: *huffs* And look like I have a pumpkin-colored noose around my neck? No thank you. Just like I keep telling you to stop wearing that hideously expensive necklace everywhere, we don't need to stand out so much!
Oct 25, 2014 at 2:05 PM - Oliver Whaley: *Arrives to the mansion with camera in hand and begins taking exterior shots*
Oct 25, 2014 at 4:36 PM - Zack: *Bartholomew Burton stands up straight as the Fettons arrive* Good evening Master and Mrs. Fetton. Our first guest Rhea Porter has arrived. She is a reporter for the... erm, San Francisco Examiner.
Oct 25, 2014 at 4:41 PM - Molly: *Fey Fetton screams as she sees a light flash in the garden outside* Ghosts!!!
Oct 25, 2014 at 6:16 PM - Chase: # Arriving in a 1932 cashmere silver Chrysler Imperial, developer and serial investor James Morgan stepped out, took a look at the manor grounds, and casually adjusted his cuff links.
Oct 25, 2014 at 6:17 PM - Chase: *Approaches the doorway, giving his hat and coat to the obvious butler, and awaits to greet the host.*
Oct 25, 2014 at 6:17 PM - Chase: *Hears the scream but considers it part of the entertainment for this evening.*
Oct 25, 2014 at 6:18 PM - Zack: Greetings Mr. Morgan *takes the coat* Welcome to the manor!
Oct 25, 2014 at 6:19 PM - Zack: *hears Fey scream and turns to look outside*
Oct 25, 2014 at 6:19 PM - Zack: I believe that is our photographer, Madam.
Oct 25, 2014 at 6:25 PM - Lee: *rushes over to greet Mr. Morgan, shaking his hand like a good host* Thank you for joining, Mr. Morgan. *introduces* this is my wife, Fey, she picked out all the dishes for tonight's menu.
Oct 25, 2014 at 6:32 PM - Molly: *calms down seeing that it really was just a photographer after all, then turns to Mr. Morgan* Charmed to meet you. Your dietary concerns have been taken into account. You said you were a... pest-cat-tarian? Unfortunately we could not find any pest cats. I hope you don't mind fish.
Oct 25, 2014 at 6:38 PM - Chase: *Chuckles lightly at the misinterpretation, shaking the hand of the host and kissing that of the hostess.*
Oct 25, 2014 at 6:38 PM - Chase: Fish will do nicely.
Oct 25, 2014 at 6:53 PM - Lee: Super! Let me take you to your table, Mr. Morgan, then we can start mingling! *leads the investor to his seat.*
Oct 25, 2014 at 6:58 PM - Chase: *Politely follows.*
Oct 25, 2014 at 7:02 PM - Zack: *wipes down anything people have left their grimy fingerprints on*
Oct 25, 2014 at 7:56 PM - Julie Justice: While everyone was talking, Rhea Porter took a small notebook out of her purse, and made some notes. She puts the notebook back in her purse, and walks over to introduce herself to the others. :)
Oct 25, 2014 at 8:56 PM - Molly: *sees the reporter* Hello, I am Mrs. Fey Fetton. Are you from the San Francisco Examiner?
Oct 25, 2014 at 9:08 PM - Julie Justice: Rhea Porter says," Hello, Mrs. Fetton. Yes, I'm here to write an article about the party, and about the history of this house. May I ask you about it?" :)
Oct 25, 2014 at 9:20 PM - Molly: Of course! Of course! This house used to be called Daphne Manor, there were Daphne flowers growing here until 1925. It's a beautiful place and most certainly not haunted.
Oct 25, 2014 at 9:27 PM - Julie Justice: Rhea Porter says,"Yes, that is a nice name. It is a very beautiful house. Why did they get rid of the flowers? How did the rumors start about it being haunted? !!" :)
Oct 25, 2014 at 9:37 PM - Lee: *interrupts the interview when his wife starts talking about 'haunted'* No hauntings here, and the Daphne flowers weren't poisonous or anything... Why don't you ask questions later, Miss Rhea Porter? Look at the grand decorations here first, everything is from the 1800s.
Oct 25, 2014 at 9:43 PM - Julie Justice: Rhea Porter says,"I meant no offense, Mr. Fetton, I was just talking with your wife for a moment. I do enjoy Halloween decorations." :)
Oct 25, 2014 at 9:49 PM - Zack: *holds a tray full of glasses* More champagne?
Oct 25, 2014 at 9:51 PM - Julie Justice: Rhea Porter says,"Not right now, thank you." :)
Oct 26, 2014 at 1:35 AM - Oliver Whaley: *Makes his way to the door as he finishes taking exterior shots*
Oct 26, 2014 at 1:39 AM - Julie Justice: Rhea Poter seems to be the first to notice the camera flashes again, probably because she spends so much time around photographers. :)
Oct 26, 2014 at 1:43 AM - Julie Justice: Rhea Porter *takes her compact out of her purse, and checks her makeup now that she knows the photographer has come back.* :)

Chase

Director
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Boss (situational)
Color #
Oct 26, 2014 6:04 AM - Elsa: *Is Elsa Olssen, sister of a soon-to-be-famous Swedish-American architect, and total socialite.*
Oct 26, 2014 6:06 AM - Elsa: *comes to the mansion and spots a cashmere silver Chrysler.* Must be old money *says to herself* Looks like I'm at the right place!
Oct 26, 2014 6:08 AM - Elsa: *goes in and checks out @Oliver Whaley the photographer with a little wave, then recognizes Rhea Porter from somewhere.* Oh hej! Are you from the San Francisco Examiner?
Oct 26, 2014 10:49 AM - Zack: *Butler huffs* It looks like it may rain tonight. I hope the other guests get here in time.
Oct 26, 2014 1:55 PM - Sophie: *Marielle Muir, stepping into the sweeping interior foyer of the Daphne mansion as a Phantom II pulls away from the driveway outside, looks up at the chandelier hanging above her with a sharp glint in her blue eyes.*
Oct 26, 2014 1:55 PM - Sophie: *Mandarin garnets, trilliant-shaped, sparkle from the lace headband tucked into her red curls. Her dress, bias-cut black China silk, pool long enough to hide her patent platform-heels; the lace appliqués on her elbow-length ivory gloves catching the crystalline light.*
Oct 26, 2014 1:56 PM - Sophie: *smiles, very lightly, as she undoes the heavy stole from around her shoulders--silver fox fur--and hands it to the conspicuous Butler*
Oct 26, 2014 1:57 PM - Zack: *drops his jaw* g--greetings Madam Muir. Welcome to the party.
Oct 26, 2014 2:00 PM - Sophie: Thank you. *looks around, appraising* I was quite looking forward to meeting Mr and Mrs Fetton...
Oct 26, 2014 2:26 PM - Zack: Unfortunately Mr and Mrs Fetton are speaking to a reporter at this time, may I first introduce you to Mr. James Morgan?
Oct 26, 2014 2:28 PM - Sophie: *Her subtle smile never falters.* Certainly.
Oct 26, 2014 2:38 PM - Zack: Mr. Morgan, may I present the lovely Ms. Muir?
Oct 26, 2014 2:45 PM - Sophie: *extends a gloved hand, meeting the man's eyes* Good evening... Mr Morgan.
Oct 26, 2014 3:03 PM - Chase: *Recognizes Marielle Muir from her Silver Line Group estates, and while he isn't entirely happy to see her, social circumstances requires civility.* Ms. Muir. *Obligatorily kisses her hand in greeting.*
Oct 26, 2014 3:18 PM - Sophie: Hm. *a concessionary sound as she accepts his greeting, allowing her gaze to drift; he had bothered to shave just prior to the event, and a silver two-point pocket square peeked from his left breast… The dining room was sufficiently spacious, but its decor was slightly dated.*
Oct 26, 2014 3:26 PM - Chase: *Nods slightly as her attention seems to divert, the behavior is what he might expect from her, but his mind was more focused on why she was here in the first place... and if she was planning to out bid him when Fetton makes an offer.*
Oct 26, 2014 3:37 PM - Zack: *thinks Marielle and James are getting along swimmingly*
Oct 26, 2014 3:52 PM - Sophie: *the pleasure on her lips slowly ebbs as he refuses to budge, neither releasing her from his company nor offering satisfactory company; at last--* Have you ever heard the tale of Daphne, the young nymph so pursued by Apollo…?
Oct 26, 2014 3:59 PM - Chase: *Relaxes somewhat, offering her an arm.* Mutando perde figuram. *Quotes in Latin.* She lost the race, yes? And turned into a tree.
Oct 26, 2014 4:20 PM - Sophie: *smiles again, albeit tepid, sufficiently impressed* Multi illam petiere… *politely takes his proffered arm* …But she wanders the pathless woods. Why are you here, James?
Oct 26, 2014 4:39 PM - Chase: *Spins the truth slightly in a nonchalant tone, somewhat surprised they were having a decent conversation.* I'm here for a friend, are you suspecting otherwise?
Oct 26, 2014 4:45 PM - Sophie: I always suspect something otherwise, with you.
Oct 26, 2014 4:57 PM - Molly: *enters, making sure her very expensive necklace catches the light from the Venetian chandelier before spying James and Marielle* Now when did you get here, Marielle? I see you've met Mr. Morgan. Isn't it a lovely evening?
Oct 26, 2014 5:02 PM - Sophie: *smoothly extracts her arm from that of the man beside her*
Oct 26, 2014 5:02 PM - Sophie: Fey… How wonderful… *genuine pleasure warms her face as she steps towards the older lady to embrace her, planting a kiss on each of her cheeks*
Oct 26, 2014 5:08 PM - Molly: You look ravishing! Thank you for making it. *tries her best to show off the house* Have you seen the dining room? There is even a hidden door for the service people, you'd never see it if you weren't looking.
Oct 26, 2014 5:20 PM - Sophie: I'm very much looking forward to a tour. This house must hide many secrets.
Oct 26, 2014 6:51 PM - Lee: *while his wife guides guests around the house, Fetton looks through the guest list and wonders where the artistic hippie is.*
Oct 26, 2014 7:51 PM - Julie Justice: Rhea Porter was *surprised* when someone at the party seemed to recognize her. She looks and sees that it is Elsa Ollson, a young socialite that she has met while covering events for the Society section of the paper. Rhea has never envied people with money or success , and Elsa has always bee nice to her. Rhea says, "Hello, Elsa Ollson. Nice to see you here. You look very pretty, as always.":)
Oct 26, 2014 8:05 PM - Julie Justice: *While she is talking to Elsa, Rhea notices that some of the guests are being given a tour of the house. She *wonders* if she can sneak into the crowd, and follow them, but she isn't sure it's a good idea. Mr. Fetton had been a little annoyed when she was talking to his wife, Fey earlier, about the house being haunted. Maybe she will talk to those guests later. * :)
Oct 26, 2014 11:33 PM - Oliver Whaley: *hands his coat to the butler and approaches Mr. Fetton* Good evening Mr. Fetton . II'll be your photographer for the evening and am looking forward to all the night holds for us.
Oct 27, 2014 12:43 AM - Julie Justice: *Rhea Porter is sees Oliver Whaley come in and hears him introducing himself to Mr. Fetton. Mr. Fetton was a bit annoyed witth her earlier, so she decides to let the two men talk for a moment. She takes out her little notepad and writes down his name. He will probably be walking over soon enough. And something tells Rhea that she will be seeing him a lot the rest of the night.* :)

Chase

Director
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Boss (situational)
Color #
Oct 27, 2014 at 6:35 AM - Elsa: *having hung out with mostly Swedes in San Francisco, Elsa greeted Rhea with a light handshake* So good to know the Examiner’s covering this event. My brother is having a renovations project next month near Bond, can you tell your editor about it so she can send you again? *switches topics like a socialite* Anyway, I heard this place was more haunted than James Whale’s ’The Old Dark House’.
Oct 27, 2014 at 6:35 AM - Elsa: You remember that film, came out just last year, I think I saw you at the premier?
Oct 27, 2014 at 6:37 AM - Elsa: *sees the photographer talking to Mr. Fetton and thinks his camera setup looks totally professional.*
Oct 27, 2014 at 3:31 PM - Molly: *notes the photographer and hopes to get many photographs of her in her favorite necklace*
Oct 27, 2014 at 5:42 PM - Julie Justice: Rhea Porter says,"Thank you for telling me about your brothers renovations project. I'll mention it to my editor. Yes, I think I did see you at the premiere of that movie. That is one of the benefits of my job. *Laughs a little.* Yes, I'm here to try to find out the real story of this house, too." :)
Oct 27, 2014 at 6:36 PM - Zack: Ladies and gentlemen! Dinner is about to begin. *allows the guests to be seated, as waiters begin bringing out the entrées*
Oct 27, 2014 at 6:43 PM - Zack: Ze appetisers will be a spooky bloody mary soup, based on a traditional French Bouillabaisse!
Oct 27, 2014 at 6:52 PM - Julie Justice: Rhea Porter *walks in to find a seat.* With all the well dressed ladies, she now wonders if her bright orange silk-cotton gown with big black flowers and a slightly ruched empire waist is too garrish, even for Halloween. Then she looks at the appetizers and smiles.* :)
Oct 27, 2014 at 6:54 PM - Zack: I hope you enjoy ze soup, Ms. Porter!
Oct 27, 2014 at 6:56 PM - Julie Justice: Rhea Porter says,"Yes, I'm sure I will, thank you." :)
Oct 27, 2014 at 8:19 PM - Elsa: *takes a seat near Rhea, notices where James Morgan is and makes a note to talk to him later.*
Oct 27, 2014 at 8:20 PM - Elsa: *waves to the Photographer to take a pic of her and Rhea* May we have a nice picture, Mr. Photographer? This is so Hollywood!
Oct 27, 2014 at 9:07 PM - Julie Justice: Rhea Porter sees Elsa *sitting near to her* and is happy to have her picture taken with the nice, pretty, young socialite.* :)
Oct 27, 2014 at 9:12 PM - Zack: *hopes no one's soup is burnt*
Oct 27, 2014 at 9:13 PM - Julie Justice: Rhea Porter says,"The soup is very good." :)

Chase

Director
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Boss (situational)
Color #
Oct 28, 2014 at 4:59 AM - Eugene: *adds himself to dinner, selecting a seat near James*
Oct 28, 2014 at 5:00 AM - Eugene: Mr. Fetton, Mrs. Fetton, apologies for my tardiness. I was slowed by a stubborn case.
Oct 28, 2014 at 9:28 AM - Sophie: *Marielle had first met Fey at an inauguration event near the Bay. The lady had been wearing her much-loved necklace then and so did she now. A Fetton family heirloom, Fey explained upon receiving the compliments of her guest, she had always thought it beauteous beyond compare and its weight would form such comfort as it rested upon her chest.*
Oct 28, 2014 at 9:28 AM - Sophie: *With James mere steps behind, his continued presence only confirmed by following footfalls and the occasional reflections on glass and mirrors, the trio passed through two lavishly furnished sitting rooms, a music room which held a stately rosewood-and-walnut grand piano, and an airy conservatory Fey had transformed into a palm-lined breakfast room.*
Oct 28, 2014 at 9:28 AM - Sophie: *The tinkle of a bell signalled the beginning of dinner and soon, they were all returned to be seated in the dining room. Taking a chair between Fey and a young, nubile blonde Marielle recognised, from the tabloids, as Elsa Olsson, she turned to the latter to notice the shrewd pen and notebook of a reporter present beside…*
Oct 28, 2014 at 10:23 AM - Molly: *After the short tour with a few of the guests, Mrs. Fey Fetton sat down to the evening's appetizer, she was pleased to see that all of the guests arrived, including the famous detective Richard Dickbrickler. Fey noticed an odd energy between Marielle and James Morgan, they seemed to speak fondly yet ignore one another rather purposefully.*
Oct 28, 2014 at 1:38 PM - Chase: *Settles for dinner and politely nods to the arriving lawman, feeling as if he had seen this detective in the newspaper before, but isn’t sure when or where.* James Morgan *Extends a hand to greet the new arrival.*
Oct 28, 2014 at 1:57 PM - Julie Justice: *Although Rhea Porter has enjoyed her chat with Elsa Ollson, she is happy to see the other guests arriving; she wants to talk to them, too. But she doesn't want to seem rude, so she puts her pen and notebook away.* :)
Oct 28, 2014 at 2:06 PM - Julie Justice: *Rhea Porter *pretends not to notice* the "energy" between Marielle Muir and James Morgan. She isn't judging Marielle, she can certainly understand her attraction to Mr. Morgan. Rhea understands how hard it it is to be a young, modern woman, and still want to be thought of as a "good girl" too.* :)
Oct 28, 2014 at 3:04 PM - Sophie: *smiles as she considers Elsa and Rhea, offering an open hand* I'm Mariella Muir.
Oct 28, 2014 at 3:54 PM - Elsa: *Takes Mariella's hand and shakes it lightly like she usually does* I'm Elsa Olsson and this is Rhea Porter with the San Francisco Examiner. You have a lovely dress, is it European? Europe is all the rage now, with the war being over and all.
Oct 28, 2014 at 4:42 PM - Sophie: Enchanted. *begins to remove her gloves for the meal, tugging first at the tips of its slender fingers, but keeping her attention on Elsa and Rhea* Yes, my dress… It was made by a French lady, very talented.
Oct 28, 2014 at 4:42 PM - Sophie: *pauses, nodding at Elsa* I do love your curls. They're beautifully done.
Oct 28, 2014 at 4:51 PM - Elsa: *Nods gratefully* It is the new 'electric' curling iron, yah? Much faster than the ones before.
Oct 28, 2014 at 4:56 PM - Julie Justice: Rhea Porter says,"Hello, Ms. Muir. It's very nice to meet you. All the ladies here are so lovely, it made me wonder if my bright, orange silk-cotton dress with black flowers, with slight ruching at the emipire waist was appropriate. But it is Halloween." :)
Oct 28, 2014 at 5:04 PM - Julie Justice: *Rhea Porter's hair is long, and almost black, in long tresses lose over her shoulders with a slight hint of bangs that frame her face.* She says,"My hair is usually not this elaborate, so I had this done today. But I think the lady at the salon did use one of those new electric curling irons." :)
Oct 28, 2014 at 5:32 PM - Sophie: Oh, yes… Electricity, such a wonderful invention.
Oct 28, 2014 at 5:32 PM - Sophie: *turns to Rhea at being addressed* It is Halloween. *smiles agreeably* You are allowed to dress up however you wish, Miss Porter. I note you have very neat handwriting. Have you always worked for the Examiner?
Oct 28, 2014 at 7:49 PM - Julie Justice: Rhea Porter says,"Thank you, Ms. Muir. I've always worked for the Examiner, but I am from a small town in Northeast Ohio, east of Cleveland. I went to Oberlin College. But I had to come to San Francisco to find a job as a female repoter. The Examiner was the only paper in town that still had a spot open that would hire me.":)
Oct 29, 2014 at 2:30 AM - Sophie: When did you come here to San Francisco?

Chase

Director
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Boss (situational)
Color #
Oct 29, 2014 4:20 AM - Eugene: *accepts James' handshake, shaking energetically* Richard Brickdickler; private investigator and finder of all things lost.
Oct 29, 2014 4:32 AM - Julie Justice: Rhea Porter says,"Hello, Mr. Brickdickler. I have been a reporter for the Examiner for or 2 years." :)
Oct 29, 2014 7:10 AM - Lee: *listens to all the conversations and wonders why James Morgan is so quiet, thinks maybe he won't make a bid for the mansion after all and gets a little nervous.*
Oct 29, 2014 7:13 AM - Lee: *the band and some acrobats are entertaining the crowd on a small open area they made into a stage, Harold Fetton claps for them enthusiastically after every skit*
Oct 29, 2014 7:14 AM - Lee: *tells the people at his table* This entire act came from Chicago, they say Scarface himself had these guys entertain in his best houses.
Oct 29, 2014 8:56 AM - Molly: *happy to see the acrobats in the garden, Fey toys with her ostentatiously large necklace* See how the dining room gives a full view out there? This home is perfect for entertaining...
Oct 29, 2014 8:57 AM - Molly: *hopes that James or Mariella would pick up on that cue and want to purchase this house*
Oct 29, 2014 9:59 AM - Lee: *proud of his wife for advertising*
Oct 29, 2014 4:18 PM - Jason West: *snaps a few more pictures before finding a seat near Mrs. Fetton*
Oct 29, 2014 5:12 PM - Julie Justice: *Rhea Porter is enjoying herself. This night is like going to the circus, only the food is much better.*Rhea hears Mr. Fetton's camment, and says,"You know Elliot Ness and his Untouchables are basesd in Cleveland, Ohio, which is the largest city, just east of the small town that I'm from." :)
Oct 29, 2014 6:59 PM - Zack: *SUDDENLY!!! The lights go out in the dining room and all of the manor's first floor!!!*
Oct 29, 2014 7:00 PM - Zack: *Hears a glass break* Everyone please stay calm! We will have the lights back on in a moment!
Oct 29, 2014 7:10 PM - Elsa: *screams when the lights go out, surprised, putting both her hands on the table like she's frozen* Is it an earthquake? Lights go out before quakes.
Oct 29, 2014 7:14 PM - Julie Justice: *Rhea Porter usually isn't *afraid* of the dark, but she now she wishes she had taken a tour of the house earlier. She is *a bit afraid*when she hears Elsa scream.*
Oct 29, 2014 7:17 PM - Zack: *hears the screaming* oh non! Everyone you must stay in your seats and do not panic. It it just ze electrical problem!
Oct 29, 2014 7:34 PM - Lee: *panics a little himself, because property value goes down with bad electricity wiring. Harold Fetton immediately tends to his potential buyers* The electricity lines in this house is very stable, newly renovated *lies* but of course the San Francisco grid is so unpredictable...
Oct 29, 2014 7:46 PM - Julie Justice: *Rhea *calms down a bit* when she hears Mr. Fetton talking. She knows a bit about electrical wiring in old houses. The house she was raised in is 100 years old, and her great-great grandmother's husband had electrical ines put in, and they were one of the first people in town to have electricity in their house.* :)
Oct 29, 2014 7:49 PM - Julie Justice: *Rhea Porter doesn't remember any earthquakes in Ohio, though.* :)
Oct 29, 2014 8:04 PM - Julie Justice: Rhea Porter* Of course, San Francisco is a big city, and very different from the small town in Ohio where she grew up.* Rhea is *concerned* she hasn't heard from Elsa Ollson. * Rhea says, "Elsa, are you still here? Are you alright?" :)
Oct 30, 2014 1:34 AM - Jason West: *shifts in his chair and tries to get the conversation going again* I'm sure the lights will be back on shortly. It's probably just a brown out. They're common in older homes such as these. I'm sure Mr. Burton can find some candles so that we may continue our meal.

Chase

Director
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Boss (situational)
Color #
Oct 30, 2014 at 5:44 AM - Sophie: # There was tepid small talk, easy musings of the Californian weather and the latest fashions, and as Mariella carefully set down the silverware for what was the first course of the dinner, the antiquated dining room plunged into darkness. A second passed, followed keenly by sharp sounds and voices.
Oct 30, 2014 at 5:44 AM - Sophie: *instinctively reaches out to comfort her emotive friend, touching her hand lightly* "Fey?"
Oct 30, 2014 at 5:49 AM - Molly: *Fey screamed the moment the lights went out, echoing Elsa. She hated the dark and it was such bad luck for this to happen at her dinner party. She knew this had everything to do with the black cat that crossed her path in the morning. She should have never tried to find pest-cats. However, as her heart began to race she felt a hand on hers, and Ms. Muir's voice calling her name.*
Oct 30, 2014 at 5:54 AM - Molly: Marielle?! Is that you? Oh you have to help me find the salt, we should throw a bit over our shoulders now.
Oct 30, 2014 at 5:58 AM - Sophie: *smiles lightly, even in the dark, trying to remember where she last saw the salt and pepper shakers* It's all right, Fey. *takes the woman's hand* There are some candles in your sitting room, perhaps we can light them here?
Oct 30, 2014 at 6:56 AM - Molly: *calms down from Marielle's reserved tone* Yes, I believe there are. Oh that butler is useless, let us go get the candles.
Oct 30, 2014 at 7:03 AM - Chase: *Accustomed to power outages -- as well as being an avid smoker -- James Morgan removed from his breast pocket a gold Dunhill wick lighter and placed it on the table to lean against the side of his dish. He may have brought it out sooner, had his mind not been focused on revaluing this property at baseline if the electrical wiring must be redone.*
Oct 30, 2014 at 7:04 AM - Chase: *The thought of not seeing his food, however, prompted him that there was a light source on his person.* I’m sure this will serve until candles are acquired.
Oct 30, 2014 at 7:18 AM - Sophie: *pushes her chair back to stand, just as a tiny, wavering flame burst from the lighter in James's possession*
Oct 30, 2014 at 7:20 AM - Sophie: *pauses to glance at it, arching an eyebrow briefly at its owner before using the little light the lighter provided to assist Fey from her seat* Yes, let's. Your butler may check the circuit-breakers, in the meantime...
Oct 30, 2014 at 7:43 AM - Molly: *huffs wondering where her butler is and stands, stumbling over someone who she perceived to be the Detective* Pardon me, Mr... *can't quite remember his name* Dick Dickbrickler?
Oct 30, 2014 at 8:00 AM - Eugene: *finds his way back to his feet, pulling Mrs. Fetton back up as well*
Oct 30, 2014 at 8:01 AM - Eugene: *through gritted teeth* It's Richard. Richard Brickdickler, ma'am.
Oct 30, 2014 at 8:03 AM - Eugene: *paws through his pockets for his own lighter, adding its meager illumination to James'*
Oct 30, 2014 at 3:42 PM - Julie Justice: *Rhea Porter is completely calm now. She isn't afraid of the dark, she never really has been. Her eyes were just beginning to adjust to the dark, when Mr. Morgan and Mr. Dickbrickler *lit* their lighters. Rhea has a lighter too, but she doesn't smoke, so she left it at home.* :)
Oct 30, 2014 at 3:54 PM - Julie Justice: *Rhea was enjoying listening to this conversation, but didn't really have anything to add to it. The *scariest* moment was when Mr. Brickdicler *snapped* at Mrs. Fetton for not *remembering* his name correctly, although she can understand somewhat. In the beginning, trying to get a job as a female reporter, she often used a "pen name." But she is proud of her name.* :)
Oct 30, 2014 at 4:03 PM - Julie Justice: Finally, Rhea Porter says,"Thank you, Mr. Morgan and Mr. Brickdicler, for trying to shed a little light on our situation." :)
Oct 30, 2014 at 6:36 PM - Zack: *The butler comes in with two dozen candles ready to be lit* Do not worry dear guests! I have returned with ze candles!!!
Oct 30, 2014 at 6:36 PM - Zack: *SUDDENLY! THE LIGHTS TURN BACK ON*
Oct 30, 2014 at 6:38 PM - Zack: *The butler blinks as his eyes adjust to the bright electric lights, he scans the room to make sure that no one is hurt (and that no one spilled wine on the new lace table cloth) when he suddenly gasps!* Oh mon dieu! Madam Fetton's Necklace!! WHERE HAS IT GONE!?!
Oct 30, 2014 at 6:39 PM - Oliver Whaley: *looks around the table and begins trying to figure out who might have taken such a large and unique necklace.*

Chase

Director
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Boss (situational)
Color #
Oct 31, 2014 at 9:55 AM - Chase: *Turns the cap over on his lighter and lets it cool before pocketing.*
Oct 31, 2014 at 9:57 AM - Chase: *Notes the butler's gasp and looks to Fey Fetton, noticing her gaudy wearable art is missing.*
Oct 31, 2014 at 10:00 AM - Chase: *Raises a brow... bad electrical wiring and theft... should both be included in the appraisal?*
Oct 31, 2014 at 10:08 AM - Julie Justice: *Rhea Porter couldn't take any notes, or observe very much is the darkness, since most peolpe stayed in their seats or stood still. She really likes young socialite Elsa Ollson. But she does find it suspicious that noone has seen or heard from her the lights went out. Rhea doesn't want to accuse Elsa, but wonders if she should say something.* :)
Oct 31, 2014 at 10:19 AM - Julie Justice: *Rhea Porter *keeps calm* but starts waking around a little, to see if she can find Elsa. Rhea asks,"Has anyone seen Elsa Ollson, the young socialite who was near me?" :)
Oct 31, 2014 at 10:27 AM - Julie Justice: *Rhea Porter continues to walk around a little.* She says,"Hello, Mr. Whaley. I'm Rhea Porter, a reporter for the Examiner. Maybe we can work together to figure this out." :)
Oct 31, 2014 at 11:30 AM - Sophie: *blinks slightly, as the lights flickered back on; no one can be pleased, the shouts when the power left and when it returned seemed to hold the same indignation*
Oct 31, 2014 at 11:32 AM - Sophie: *and then, realises--* Oh, dear.
Oct 31, 2014 at 7:04 PM - Julie Justice: *Rhea Porter* walks over to Mrs. Muir.* She says,"I'm glad to see you. Are you alright? Who do you think could do something like this? I feel like we should be doing something, but I don't know what to do!!" :)

Chase

Director
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Boss (situational)
Color #
Nov 1, 2014 at 10:44 AM - Zack: Haz anyone escaped from ze party!? *checks to make sure everyone is still there*
Nov 1, 2014 at 1:30 PM - Elsa: *Elsa's shoe got caught on the flooring in the dark, she shakes her foot from it but has to go down and pull out her shoe.*
Nov 1, 2014 at 1:41 PM - Elsa: *Hears about the necklace and looks around, wondering how something that gigantic can disappear so fast.*
Nov 1, 2014 at 2:11 PM - Chase: *Considers that this could be a prank, and throws a singular look at Marielle.* All guests seem to still be here, perhaps the detective could give us some guidance?
Nov 1, 2014 at 2:40 PM - Sophie: *considers Fey in concern--she, so attached to her beloved necklace, already dismayed by the blackout; how would she react now?*
Nov 1, 2014 at 2:40 PM - Sophie: *looks at Rhea, and then to the butler... and then to James, narrowing her eyes at the last*
Nov 1, 2014 at 2:40 PM - Sophie: No one has left, but the Butler. *crisp, deliberate* The necklace must still be in here.
Nov 1, 2014 at 3:22 PM - Chase: *Marielle's look returned to him is well noted, but he remains steady, awaiting further development.*
Nov 1, 2014 at 3:43 PM - Molly: My necklace! My lucky necklace!! *Fey shrieks* Who would take it?
Nov 1, 2014 at 4:47 PM - Molly: *looks around and points to the Detective* You!! You're a famous detective. You have to know who took it! *hopes that it wasn't taken by a vengeful ghost*
Nov 1, 2014 at 8:09 PM - Julie Justice: *For the first time tonght Rhea is a little *upset* that someone at this party would take the necklace but it is also a bit *exciting* too. She also notices the *glances* between Mr. Morgan and Ms. Muir are not so *loving* now.* :)
Nov 1, 2014 at 8:19 PM - Julie Justice: *Rhea Porter *discreetly gets out her notebook and takes some notes, and puts the notebook back in her purse.* She *walks over* to Elsa Ollson, and says,"Elsa, are you alright?" :)
Nov 1, 2014 at 8:26 PM - Zack: *wonders if Rhea has any notes that can help with finding the necklace*
Nov 1, 2014 at 8:26 PM - Zack: Ms. Porter, I wonder if you have any observations that could help us?
Nov 1, 2014 at 9:14 PM - Julie Justice: Rhea Porter says, "Yes, Mr. Burton, I have made many obeservations tonight. I'm happy to share them. I hope that they will be helpful. It would be a shame to have to call the police tonight. *Gets notebook out of her purse.* :)
Nov 1, 2014 at 9:38 PM - Julie Justice: Rhea Porter *walks over to Mr. Fetton.* She says,"You didn't like me talking to your wife about the history of this house, or the rumors of it being 'haunted" even though those things are well-known, and you knew that I would be covering this event for the paper. How badly do you want to sell this house?" :)
Nov 1, 2014 at 9:54 PM - Julie Justice: *Rhea Porter *walks over to Mr. Morgan.* She says,"I know we weren't "formally" introduced tonight. But I've noticed that you are man of very few words who also observes others closely. Even if you decide this great, old house is not worth the money or the effort of fixing up, the property still may have value. How badly do you want to make a deal?" :)
Nov 1, 2014 at 10:49 PM - Julie Justice: *Rhea Poter *walks over to Oliver Whaley, the Photographer.* She says,"I offered to work with you earlier to figure this out. But you ignored me, an attitude I'm used to. But photoraphers are observant, too. What did you see before the lights went out?" :)
Nov 1, 2014 at 11:01 PM - Julie Justice: *Finally, Rhea Porter *walls over* to Richard Dickbricker, P.I. and says,"I find it very interesting that as a "Detective" you seem to be the least concerned with getting to the bottom of what is going on tonight." :)
Nov 2, 2014 at 2:01 AM - Julie Justice: *Rhea Porter *stands still* and *puts away her notebook* and *nervously* waits to see how people "react" to her "observations." * :)

Chase

Director
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Boss (situational)
Color #
Nov 2, 2014 at 8:09 AM - Elsa: *Listened to everything Rhea said.* Mr. Morgan is a man with few words, and Mr. Whaley looks observant, good notes, Rhea... but who would take the necklace? *Whispers to Rhea* I suspect Mr. Fetton, if you ask me.
Nov 2, 2014 at 8:36 AM - Molly: *listens closely to Rhea's observations and is now most suspicious of the detective* I did run into Mr. Dickbricker while the lights were out!
Nov 2, 2014 at 4:13 PM - Chase: *Nods as he listened to Rhea.* What Mr. Fetton and I decide regarding this house should come later, the question now is where the necklace may be. *Also turns to the detective.*
Nov 2, 2014 at 4:16 PM - Elsa: *Thinks she did like the way the necklace looked but she could never wear it out in society.*
Nov 2, 2014 at 4:38 PM - Julie Justice: *Rhea Porter *is visibly relieved* that noone seems truly *upest* with her.* Rhea says,"So, now we need the gentlemen here to help us decide what to do." :)
Nov 2, 2014 at 6:40 PM - Oliver Whaley: *begins to think about Rhea's "observation" and thinks she might be in on the heist if she can easily point fingers at everyone* What about you Ms. Porter? You seem a bit too observant for a reporter . Why would you be so observant if you weren't here to steal some jewelry? Did the lights come back too quickly for you to get away with more than just the necklace?
Nov 2, 2014 at 6:41 PM - Oliver Whaley: I notice you were one of the first to find a seat at the table and it was conveniently near the jewelry.
Nov 2, 2014 at 8:23 PM - Julie Justice: Rhea Porter says,"Well..at least you are talking to me now, Mr. Whaley. Reporters are supposed to be observant. Perhaps I give photographers too much credit. I only sat where there was an open seat, and there were others around me, even when the lights were out. And I was asked to share my observations, thank you very much!!" :)
Nov 2, 2014 at 8:33 PM - Julie Justice: Rhea Porter says,"And if I rermember correctly, you are a private photographer, aren't you? You are not affiliated with a newspaper or magazine. How do you know how repoters are supposed to be? And I find it interesting you say,'You sat near the the jewelry' instead of saying,'You sat near Mrs. Fetton.' " :)
Nov 2, 2014 at 8:58 PM - Oliver Whaley: *huffs* I have worked with my fair share of reporters. I chose to become a private photographer as the money is far greater than being a lowly newspaper photographer. I merely said that you sat next to the jewelry rather than Mrs. Fetton because Mrs. Fetton is in fact not missing, however her jewelry is.
Nov 2, 2014 at 9:05 PM - Julie Justice: Rhea Porter says,"Well..perhaps you are correct, there, Mr. Whaley. I'm very glad that Mrs. Fetton is alright, and is here with us. But that doen't change the fact that I was in my seat the entire time the lights were out, as Mr. Morgan and Mr. Dickbrickler can attest to." :)
Nov 3, 2014 at 2:16 AM - Julie Justice: Rhea Porter asks,"But where were you, Mr. Whaley?" :)
Nov 3, 2014 at 2:42 AM - Sophie: *picks up a salt shaker, passing it lightly between two hands before handing it to Fey, in hopes of distracting her momentarily as she considered all that was said*
Nov 3, 2014 at 2:45 AM - Sophie: *steps forward slightly* I was sitting next to Mrs Fetton when the lights went out. *looks at all the faces before her, from each to another, a sharp glint in her eyes* We are all excited and too many accusations are being thrown around. Perhaps we should first focus on finding the necklace.
Nov 3, 2014 at 3:19 AM - Oliver Whaley: Why I never left my seat Ms. Porter. I have not had a chance to photograph the interior of the building yet so I am most uncertain of the layout. It would be rather treacherous to attempt any movements, especially in the darkness that we just had.

Chase

Director
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Boss (situational)
Color #
Nov 3, 2014 at 5:20 AM - Julie Justice: Rhea Porter *sighs* a litle. She says,"I meant no offense to anyone. I am sharing my observations like I was asked to. I'm not familiar with this house either, which is why I stayed in my seat, too. But if it wasn't one of us, then who could it be?" :)
Nov 3, 2014 at 5:29 AM - Julie Justice: Rhea Porter says to Ms. Muir,"The way you say "finding the necklace" do you think it's still here in the house? Is the clasp in good condition? Is it possible it just fell off somewhere, and noone took it, and we can still find it somewhere? Is this just a bad joke?" :)
Nov 3, 2014 at 5:36 AM - Julie Justice: Rhea says,"And if it did fall off...and someone picked it up...who among us knows the layout of this house well enough in the dark? !! I haven't seen the butler, Mr. Burton in a long time." :)
Nov 3, 2014 at 6:40 AM - Sophie: None of us have left since the necklace went missing. *addresses Rhea, matter-of-fact* It must still be near, in this room or this house, at least. As for the butler... *glances* I doubt he would dare offend his employers in such a manner.
Nov 3, 2014 at 7:16 AM - Chase: *Listens to everyone speak and under the circumstances, finds himself agreeing with Marielle.* It's a large piece of jewelry, would be hard to conceal in such a short time.
Nov 3, 2014 at 3:42 PM - Lee: *quaffs his :redwine: while everyone was talking, more than a little stressed* Fey, how could you lose a necklace on a night like this?!
Nov 3, 2014 at 3:52 PM - Molly: *gets annoyed at her husband* If you had double checked the electrical wiring, this wouldn't have happened!
Nov 3, 2014 at 7:53 PM - Julie Justice: *Rhea Porter *sighs as she finds herself apologizing once again.* She says,"I have truly enjoyed meeting everyone here tonight. I don't mean to accuse Mr. Burton. That would be the worst cliche' to say, "The butler did it." But he does kmow this house very well. He could at least help us look for it, couldn't he?" :)
Nov 3, 2014 at 8:03 PM - Julie Justice: Rhea Porter *sits back down in her chair at the table.* She says,"Most of the guests here tonight, myself included have never been in this house before. I'm not really afraid of the dark, but I just don't think it's too smart for us to scatter throughout the house, looking for this necklace, without some kind of plan, in case the lights go out again. That's all." :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest threads

New Journals

Neutral Grounds
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • I (Guest) invaderhorizongreen:
    I even have the site white listed, for a wild shot can any of you post a new question in the guessing game I had set up
    Quote Link
    I would like to see if that will get my email to ping
    • Interesting
    Reactions: Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
    I know that might just be a shot in the dark but why not try
    Quote Link
  • Tenchi Masaki Tenchi Masaki:
    Sure why not?
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I hope you get it fixed Invader!!
    Reactions: Jade
    Quote Link
  • Dj Inn(Djinn) :
    Dj Inn(Djinn) has left the room.
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Good Morning everybody. I hope you all have a wonderful day :)
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know a group of Jellyfish is called a Smack? -Nat Geo
    Quote Link
    Smack O’ jellies is now a term
    • Haha
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((OOC: So, I am still here (at least, while ACP is still a thing, then I have to tether my phone to my laptop, send it's internet to Ethernet to my router and setup my other laptop to access that... I managed it once totally by accident)... updating stuff I'm working on is not a fun process (if anyone checks my stories folder on my Google Drive) anymore... the laptop at my desk is old (Core 2 Duo, 2Ghz, 4 gigs RAM, Win7 Ultimate)... Chrome won't update, Drive won't work... I'm stuck using FreeFileSync to keep stuff up to datep things synced. I have plans of getting a job and having money to have something better (a doorstop is better)
    • Love
    Reactions: Julie Justice
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    [continuing] I'm sorry if any of my posts are/could be inflammatory or anything... some of them are stuff I've had in the pipeline for a while, and I messed with it enough to get it postable... that's why there are dates showing when I started working on stuff... I'm not, and never have been, trying to step on anyone's toes or say "this is how it should be"... I have no say here, not sure who does these days (like I posted... maybe this is a test to see if we devolve into chaos). Posts like Hierarchy were started long ago, and meant as a guideline and not because I'm the voice of Sauron.
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    [continuing] I don't have the time to be here a whole lot, I don't have much beyond mom to help with my rent (and once I have a job, that'll take up more time, though I will keep working on stuff (both for here and not) as often as possible, and post when possible on here. I have a question that needs some clarification... being that we are supposed to get permission from the person if we use their character in an addition/story/post, how would that apply if the character is core to the universe (like Carmen... I can replace @Chase, maybe cobble someone into @Ivy's place... but, like @Carmen, being that she's a major character, as long as I don't have her acting or write a major part for her, would that circumvent the rule at all?
    • Love
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    [continuing] I'm just curious... the absence of the major's leaves a gap that I'm not sure what to do with anything... we (the Left Behind) could do a story together (or some stories separate), and that'd be cool, but without being able to use any major's, I'm not sure where to take anything. And, yeah... you can probably guess what my typing is like here (or anyplace else)... I type here or in Word, I type something (or notepad), and 15-20+ seconds later it shows up, so I have to stay on top of my grammar and spelling. I have to keep on top of all that, because I'm working on the big Carmen story at the same time, so I can't slip off my game.))
    • Love
    Quote Link
  • Julie Justice Julie Justice:
    @Jon Eckart Not exactly sure if I understand all your computer probs. I hope you get those resolved soon. Yes, I have many probs with my basic Google Chrome, too. I think it's fair to say we all have a love/hate relationship with technology. 😆 As far as your stories are concerned, you can use any cannon character you like, whether there is a person playing that role on here or not. Say the story is a fanfiction; and that the version of Chase, or Carmen (or whoever) from the computer games, gameshow (or whatever). We don't do Netflix Carmen, mostly because of the violence. And because it is fanfiction, you can also create other characters and situations to suit your story. Now, Chase, Carme, Ivy (or whoever) were here, of course, you would ask their permission; tell them your idea; and if they like it they might write it with you. 🙂
    Quote Link
    @Jon Eckart Now, if you for a friendship with someone on--and off-site, you might form a partnership with them, and write stories together (like Chase and Carmen; or Chase and Ivy; or Lucy and I) and then you will just put a statement saying that this story is a co-write with whoever. In fact, if you collaborate with this person a lot, people will just assume they have your permission; although you should always say it anyway, just as a common courtesy. In fact, ironically, the only people whose permission you must always ask to use their characters are "original" characters, who are creations of their individual writers (which most of us on here, are) specifically because we are not cannon. I hope that makes sense. 🙂
    Quote Link
    @Jon Eckart Now, if you want to write something, but don't have a lot of time, I would suggest posting a status; or replying to someone else's status. Or you could start a guessing game. Look under Forums/Guessing Games, and look at some things other people have done, to give you ideas. I hope that helps. 🙂
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know that the Mockingbird is the state bird of 5 states? Florida, Arkansas, Mississippi, Tennessee, and Texas.
    Quote Link
    It seems the Mock-5 is unstoppable... Go Speed Go!
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I just heard on the news they're going to have to remove the Sakura trees in Washington because of damage to a sea wall. They have to build a sea wall and replant new trees.
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    They were a gift from the mayor of Tokyo!
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Okay wait. Only 158 of the 2,500 have to be taken down. They are also taking clippings from the cut down trees to propagate new ones
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Is everyone ready for the solar eclipse on April 8th, 2024? :)
    Quote Link
  • Invader Invader:
    yes
    Quote Link
    Affirmative
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    I’m staying inside
    Quote Link