Discussion Halloween Improv

Discussion in 'Sandbox' started by Zack, Oct 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 8 users.
  1. Zack

Zack Agent

Bunker Boy
    Color #:
    Note: All Interactions start now until November 1st, 2014. The site's SHOUTBOX is reserved for Improv theatre, and OCC comments or unrelated posts will be deleted without notice. Discuss in this forum thread or by site PM only unless you are an actor.

Setting: San Francisco, 1933, Shelgrin-Fetton Manor (also known as Daphne Manor after the Daphne flowers that used to grow around here before they were all weeded out in 1925).

Harold Fetton (Owner of the House) inherited this old mansion from his uncle, hasn’t done much to improve it but wants it to become a well known place. He’s invited some people in swinging San Francisco to a dinner party in hopes of impressing them.

---
    Audience Members

@Kid Kidman
    Burnt out hippie - Audience
    Is a regular dinner guest, until he starts tripping and ends up on stage, thinking everything is real and is all part of a government conspiracy.

@Chase
    James Morgan - Audience
    I don't have a background for James yet, but roughly, he's a business developer potentially interested in this establishment -- either as a buy-out or additional investor. Since this is a dining experience, I'll go ahead and say he's on a strict pescetarian diet. He'll take white wine only, and no dessert, unless it's a palate cleanser. (Having a little fun with dining preferences since that's what I can readily conceive for now.)

@Sophie
    Marielle Muir - Audience
    The story of Marielle Muir begins with a nomadic upbringing, her family explorers extraordinaire. In keeping with the tradition of discovery and travel she inherited, she would go on to found a chain of small hotels, discreet and sublime in their character and luxury.

The Silver Line Group holds estates in every continent and Marielle is now in San Francisco to aid with the development of the city's hospitality sector--first and foremost, by establishing a Silver Line property in the locale.

Inordinately fastidious in all her ways, she is now here as a guest of the neighborhood, in reconnaissance of its attributes… And what better way to dip into things than dine in one of its most established houses and meet the locals myriad.

@Julie Justice
    Rhea Porter - Audience
    I will be Rhea Porter, a reporter/journalist from the San Francisco Examiner, who is there to write a story about the party for the paper/find out if the mansion is really HAUNTED. A nice girl who always seems to find herself in the middle of trouble!!

Rhea Porter is from a small town in Northeast Ohio. She always wanted to be a journalist, and wrote for all her school newspapers, using the "pen names" "R. Porter" or Ray Porter." Her mother was a housewife and her father had 2 successful small businesses in town. So Rhea worked for her father, to make money, and in 1925, she went to Oberlin College, a liberal arts college, (founded in 1833), which was the first college in the United States that admitted blacks and women. Rhea wanted to stay in Ohio. There were a lot of exciting things happening in Cleveland. But there weren't many opportunities for female reporters. So when she heard that there were newspapers in California that were hiring female reporters, she decided to take a chance, go on an adventure, and move there. She was hired at the San Francisco Examiner (which was a slightly tabloidy newspaper, but at least they hired her). They sent her to the party to write a story about the "haunted mansion."

@Molly
    Fae Fetton - Audience
    Fae is the long suffering wife of Harold Fetton. Extremely superstitious and deathly afraid of ghosts, she has been urging her husband to sell the spooky manor house for years. Fae never leaves home without her lucky jeweled necklace.

@Elsa
    Elsa Olsson - Audience
    Elsa Olsson comes from a Swedish-American family that immigrated to Chicago in 1890. She was born in America and moved with her brothers to San Francisco in 1922 while her oldest brother studied architecture with the likes of Timothy L. Pflueger and James R. Miller.

She's a socialite frequenting clubs in San Francisco, often seen with her brothers Evan Olsson and Eric Olsson. They're not here this party because they're taking a trip to New York City. She's at this house so she can tell her other "in-crowd" friends all about it.

---
    Actors

@Zack
    Bartholomew Burton - Actor
    The house Butler. I'll be greeting every guest. I know how the house runs like the back of my hand, and I am dearly loyal to our eccentric host.

@Lee Jordan
    Harold Fetton - Actor
    Inherited this old mansion from his uncle, hasn’t done much to improve it but wants it to become a well known place. He’s invited some people in swinging San Francisco to a dinner party in hopes of impressing them.

@Eugene
    Richard Brickdickler - Actor
    Richard Brickdickler is the investigative side of Brickdickler Brothers Private Investigation firm. Dick is an oafish and bumbling PI, ready and willing to skydive to more fantastical theories with supreme confidence. Anyone who abbreviates his name 'Dick' should have their alibi ready.

@Oliver Whaley
    Oliver Whaley - Actor
    I'll be in as the Party Photographer. I'm there to catch all the great action that will take place as well as view all the great costumes. You never know what my camera might catch!

---​

Update Oct 22, 2014: Sign ups are now closed.
    Fill in 1 -2 lines about your character below. Now is the time to pick a name (or use your own) but you gotta have a reason to be at the party. See the recent posts as an example.

Original Post:
    Yo everyone. We're gearing up for the first test run of the Improv style writing. We've talked about it loads on the chats but it's time to put name to paper. [Sign up are now closed!]

For more information on how this chat-style RP will work, you can read Chase's post here: Announcement - Improv Theater | The Elusive Carmen Sandiego

The first game will be a 1930s style dinner party when a mysterious robbery occurs. Hope to see you there.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
    Julie Justice, Ivy and Jade like this.
  2. Sophie

Sophie Medical Staff

Physician
    Color #:
    86608E
    Marielle Muir - Audience

The story of Marielle Muir begins with a nomadic upbringing, her family explorers extraordinaire. In keeping with the tradition of discovery and travel she inherited, she would go on to found a chain of small hotels, discreet and sublime in their character and luxury.

The Silver Line Group holds estates in every continent and Marielle is now in San Francisco to aid with the development of the city's hospitality sector--first and foremost, by establishing a Silver Line property in the locale.

Inordinately fastidious in all her ways, she is now here as a guest of the neighborhood, in reconnaissance of its attributes… And what better way to dip into things than dine in one of its most established houses and meet the locals myriad.

// EDITED //

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
  3. Lee

Lee Agent

Detective
    Color #:
    Aite mate, got no name yet, can I use John Smith for now?

John Smith - Actor

Ivy, Jade and Zack like this.
  4. Ivy

Ivy Commander

Commander
    Color #:
    Unkown Female - Audience

Jade and Zack like this.
  5. Kid Kidman

Kid Kidman V.I.L.E. Agent

Currently named Neb Ulyss
    Color #:
    323E4F
    Burnt out hippie - Audience for now, unless he starts tripping and ends up on stage, thinking everything is real and is all part of a government conspiracy.

Julie Justice, Ivy, Invader and 3 others like this.
  6. Eugene

Eugene Airfield Staff

Flight Instructor
    Color #:
    Richard Brickdickler (for now) - Actor.

Kid Kidman, Ivy and Zack like this.
  7. Chase

Chase Director

Director of Operations
    Color #:
    [Edited]

James Morgan - Audience

I don't have a background for James yet, but roughly, he's a business developer potentially interested in this establishment -- either as a buy-out or additional investor. Since this is a dining experience, I'll go ahead and say he's on a strict pescetarian diet. He'll take white wine only, and no dessert, unless it's a palate cleanser. (Having a little fun with dining preferences since that's what I can readily conceive for now.)

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
    Sophie, Julie Justice, Ivy and 2 others like this.
  8. Oliver Whaley

Oliver Whaley Agent

Forensic Photographer
    Oliver Whaley - Actor

Zack likes this.
  9. Julie Justice

Julie Justice Agent

ACME Detecive
    Color #:
    White
    I'd love to be an Actor, but if I am needed in the the Audience, I will do that, too. :)

Zack and Patty like this.
  10. Patty

Patty V.I.L.E. Agent

Color #:
    8d8844
    I'll be an Audience! (Going to use my Elsa account to test the character if no one minds.)

Elsa Olsson - Audience

11. Oliver Whaley

Oliver Whaley Agent

Forensic Photographer
    I'll be in as the Party Photographer. I'm there to catch all the great action that will take place as well as view all the great costumes. You never know what my camera might catch!

12. Zack

Zack Agent

Bunker Boy
    Color #:
    Imma play Bartholomew Burton, the house Butler. I'll be greeting every guest. I know how the house runs like the back of my hand, and I am dearly loyal to our eccentric host.

Ivy, Sophie and Julie Justice like this.
  13. Julie Justice

Julie Justice Agent

ACME Detecive
    Color #:
    White
    I will be Rhea Porter, a reporter/journalist from the San Francisco Examiner, who is there to write a story about the party for the paper/find out if the mansion is really HAUNTED. A nice girl who always seems to find herself in the middle of trouble!! ;)

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
    Ivy, Invader, Jade and 1 other person like this.
  14. Chase

Chase Director

Director of Operations
    Color #:
    I'm writing a little recap for the game:

The four actors are:
    @Zack
    @Eugene
    @Lee
    @Jason West

Audiences, please start listing who you plan to play in this 1930s theme party in more detail so actors may contact you and ask you to participate in certain parts of the plot.

Any questions, please feel free to address them here as well.

Ivy, Lee, Zack and 1 other person like this.
  15. Lee

Lee Agent

Detective
    Color #:
    I'm playing: Harold Fetton

The Story: Inherited this old mansion from his uncle, hasn’t done much to improve it but wants it to become a well known place. He’s invited some people in swinging San Francisco to a dinner party in hopes of impressing them.

Setting: San Francisco, 1933, Shelgrin-Fetton Manor (also known as Daphne Manor after the Daphne flowers that used to grow around here before they were all weeded out in 1925).

Jade, Sophie, Molly and 1 other person like this.
  16. Molly

Molly Agent

Lab Technician
    Color #:
    [Note: Going to be doing this using Molly's account and not @Ivy]

Fae Fetton - Audience
    Fae is the long suffering wife of Harold Fetton. Extremely superstitious and deathly afraid of ghosts, she has been urging her husband to sell the spooky manor house for years. Fae never leaves home without her lucky jeweled necklace.

Sophie, Julie Justice and Zack like this.
  17. Julie Justice

Julie Justice Agent

ACME Detecive
    Color #:
    White
    Rhea Porter is from a small town in Northeast Ohio. She always wanted to be a journalist, and wrote for all her school newspapers, using the "pen names" "R. Porter" or Ray Porter." Her mother was a housewife and her father had 2 successful small businesses in town. So Rhea worked for her father, to make money, and in 1925, she went to Oberlin College, a liberal arts college, (founded in 1833), which was the first college in the United States that admitted blacks and women. Rhea wanted to stay in Ohio. There were a lot of exciting things happening in Cleveland. But there weren't many opportunities for female reporters. So when she heard that there were newspapers in California that were hiring female reporters, she decided to take a chance, go on an adventure, and move there. She was hired at the San Francisco Examiner (which was a slightly tabloidy newspaper, but at least they hired her). They sent her to the party to write a story about the "haunted mansion." :)

Ivy, Jade and Zack like this.
  18. Eugene

Eugene Airfield Staff

Flight Instructor
    Color #:
    Richard Brickdickler is the investigative side of Brickdickler Brothers Private Investigation firm. Dick is an oafish and bumbling PI, ready and willing to skydive to more fantastical theories with supreme confidence. Anyone who abbreviates his name 'Dick' should have their alibi ready.

Zack, Ivy and Julie Justice like this.
  19. Patty

Patty V.I.L.E. Agent

Color #:
    8d8844
    OKs, in this story, Elsa Olsson comes from a Swedish-American family that immigrated to Chicago in 1890. She was born in America and moved with her brothers to San Francisco in 1922 while her oldest brother studied architecture with the likes of Timothy L. Pflueger and James R. Miller.

She's a socialite frequenting clubs in San Francisco, often seen with her brothers Evan Olsson and Eric Olsson. They're not here this party because they're taking a trip to New York City. She's at this house so she can tell her other "in-crowd" friends all about it.

Julie Justice, Zack and Jade like this.
  20. Zack

Zack Agent

Bunker Boy
    Color #:
    Alrighty guys. Updated everyone's profile in the first post for easy reading. Use the rest of this forum for discussions.

Remember, the game will take place in the SHOUTBOX. You must play in character only! Out of character comments will be deleted without notice.

Jade, Julie Justice and Chase like this.
: improv
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.