Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
The kid, laundry room ghost.
Color #
0000FF
First encounters chapter one.
I own only myself here, everything else is not owned by me.

All was quiet at ACME, and invader was sleeping peacefully in a dorm room dreaming of home. In the hallway outside Cole was listening to chase and some other detective. He was wondering why the dorm room that was usually unoccupied was now off limits. Bored out of his mind he decided to do some investigating, and crept to the door and opened it. The lights in the hall strode into the room revealing a bunch of sheets and blankets on top of a mattress. Unbeknown to him Shadow and Jules were keeping an eye on him. Sensing something else was up, Cole crept closer and saw a figure wound up in the sheets, in a tangled mess.

" How is that even comfy?" He ponders aloud.
" What is not comfy?" Questioned Shadow as he walked in.
" Her, how can she sleep like that ? " Remarks Cole. " Only a contortionist would be that comfortable!"
" THAT IS NOT A NICE THING TO SAY!" Comes the voice of Jules entering the room.
" Come see for yourself." Remarks Shadow.

Jules walks over and glances at a sleeping invader, who is quite comfy and unaware of them at the moment.

" How is she not suffocating?" Whispers Jules.

Meanwhile the commotion has woken up invader, who opens one of her eyes ever so slightly and sees three figures looming over her. Becoming fully awake now,invader untangles herself and tries to leap past them in a panic. Shadow catches her, somehow looses his grip, and invader darts under the bed. The trio now somewhat startled, just stare silently trying to make sense of the girls reaction.

" What did I do ?" Demands Shadow.
" Maybe we should give her some space." Calmly replies Jules.
" Why is she so spooky?" Cole demands.
"Who knows, maybe we can coax her out?" Offers Shadow.

Invader continues to hide under the bed, watches the trio leave the room, and listens intently. Satisfied that no one is going to get her, she crawls out from under the bed not noticing shadow creeping up on her. All at once shadow grabs her by the leg and pulls her close to him expecting a fight. Instead of fighting, invader tries to curl up on herself, and shadow lets her go. Jules walks into the room, she finds invader curled up and shaking on the floor.

" Hey little angel, no one is gonna hurt you." Reassures Jules approaching her.

Invader remains silent expecting the worst.

" Hey you are among friends here." Cole remarks, entering the room.
" I am sorry.... do you forgive me?" Asks Shadow.
" I .... forgive...you." Stutters Invader.
" We would never hurt anyone." Laughs Cole. "Especially not a cute girl like you!"

Almost blushing invader once again falls into silence.

"You like her don't you?" Pokes Shadow at Cole.
" Wait, what?!?" Cole remarks turning a bit red.
" Why don't you give her a grand tour of ACME?" Suggests Jules.
"Alright I can do that" Grumbles Cole.
"Does that sound ok to you? " Jules asks of invader.

Invader just nods at the question hesitantly.

" Who did this to you?" Jules remarks, after noticing a scar on invaders face.
" I .... don't know.... I ... never found out ..after they........" Stammers Invader growing upset.

Shadow just listens silently and notices invader getting upset.

"After they what? " Demands Cole.
"Hush! Cole!" Jules snaps.
" They .... shoved me.... head first... into a locker..... I.. ..I... was knocked out......no ....idea how ....long..." Invader blurts out. " So .... long ago...... 13 .... years ....of .... hell...."
" I would say she got picked on a lot, in fact sounds like they did a number on her" Intones Shadow.
" 13 years...... I had no idea........" Cole replies trailing off.
" I .....I .... DON'T WANT TO GO BACK!!!" Yelps Invader clearly upset.
" No one is gonna make you go back , not unless you want to." Reassures Jules. " Cole can you please report this to chase?"
"Alright, I will go talk to him." Replies Cole almost grumbling.
" The things kids do to each other......." Trails of Shadow.
" Invader can you hear me?" Inquires Jules to a silent invader.
" I think she, has had enough for now." Sighs Shadow. " We should let her be for some time."

The two of them help invader back to bed, she burrows back into the sheets, the nightmares came later.
End of chapter one.

Invader

ACME
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Color #
0000FF
First encounters chapter two.
I own nothing here but myself.

Early the next morning, invader was up and about pacing her dorm room, trying to clear her head. Cole entered, and offered her a tour of the place she accepted silently . Invader was hoping not to encounter too many other people, though this place fascinated her. Invader was fallowing Cole about the ACME headquarters in silence that nearly unnerved him. There was just something about how she could be completely cat footed, and you never really knew for sure if she was still fallowing him. Invader walked as though she was trying to avoid detection , or that something was after her. He was explaining the place room by room until they came to the research library. As soon as they were outside the doors she stood there wide eyed and started to tremble a bit.

"Are you ok ??? " Questions Cole, noticing invader shaking.
" Sorry....I .... am ....remembering...and I .... feel... a sense of ease.. here...... " She replies in a daze.

Cole is quite puzzled about her reaction , but kindly says nothing.

" May .... I .... enter ....it?" Inquires invader feeling a bit uneasy.
" Sure, allow me! " Cole remarks kindly while opening the door for her.

Once inside invader stops, drinks in all the books, and lets out a nearly inaudible sigh. She acts as though the place is a scared realm of some sort. Cautiously she walks around and finds three book cases that form a sort of corner. Soon memories are flooding though her mind both good and bad ones. She scurries over into the small nook and proceeds to watch the other detectives that are walking about. Leaning her head against the wood, she closes her eyes and thinks of a time when Mr.Sinister was plotting to harm her. It was in a very corner like this that she overhead him and was huddled unseen for a long time.

The library was always a safe haven for her that the ones who tormented her would almost never enter , and they never found her there. Several times she had fooled them using decoys , or by remaining quiet , and they passed her unnoticed. Finally she opened her eyes, and deiced to creep out of that space. She did not noticing a certain red headed detective carrying some books. Inadvertently invader manages to run right into the read head , tripping her and proceeding to take her down as well.

" HEY WATCH WERE YOU ARE GOING!" Growls Ivy in a foul mood.
" I....I ....!" Stammers invader now beginning to panic.
" DON'T JUST STAND THERE !! RUN LIKE HELL !" Screams her inner voice.

Not knowing what else to do invader turns on her heels ,and flees the way she just came from hoping to outrun the now enraged girl.

"HEY YOU, GET BACK HERE!" Yells Ivy in a fury.
" RUN ! HIDE! SHE IS GONNA MURDER YOU! " Calls her inner voice as invader continues to panic.

Cole is outside the doors, and is knocked off his feet as invader rockets through them and up the nearest flight of stairs. Cole gets back on his feet only to be taken down this time by a rather irate Ivy who winds up entangling herself with him.

" Where did she go !" Demands Ivy very annoyed.
"Don't chase her , you will make it worse!" Offers Cole now concerned.
"What do you mean?" Ivy interrogating him one.
"She is a little scared of people right now, you yelling at her likely triggered something, and now she is in panic mode" Replies Cole with a sigh.
"We have to find her, I want to let her know I am sorry " Says Ivy now cooling down.
"I think she went up the stairs for starters" Offers Cole.

Meanwhile invader is climbing up a second flight of stairs at a record pace, and then zips down a hall. In doing so she runs into someone else carrying paperwork that further feeds the panic. In running into them the papers fly all over the hall causing several other detectives to crash into one another. Invader panicing further, continues running down the hall. In her blind run she runs into Ivy's brother Zack whom is on his skateboard , and they both go down.

" Hey there, take it easy , where is the fire?" He chuckles , helping invader back to her feet.
" I .... I .... HAVE. ...TO HIDE.... SHE IS .... GONNA..." Yelps invader clearly upset.

Ivy and cole show up, and invader sees ivy who looks at invader with concern. Upon seeing her , invader mows down zack and races into a nearby room. Once inside she notices some shelves and wedges herself underneath them. Ivy is close behind and sees invader crawl under the shelves and crouches down.

"There you are, I want to say I am sorry." Offers Ivy as she crouches down to invaders level.

Upon hearing her, invader proceeds to back further under the shelves well out of ivy's reach.
" I promise, I won't hurt you!" Offers Ivy now concerned.

Invader is hyperventilating at this point, and dares not budge as ivy looks at her.

"Hey Ivy, I think I may be able to coax her out, can you give me 20 minutes? " Inquires Zack calmly as he walks into the room.
"Alright little bro , 20 minuets, then I am calling someone with equipment!" Ivy warns him.
"I don't think that will be necessary" Replies Zack with a smile.

Ivy leaves the room and finds Cole outside wearing a concerned look.

"Is she ok?" Inquires Cole.
" I have never seen anyone so terrified of me" Muses Ivy feeling a bit guilty.
" What did you do?" Questions Cole out of concern.
" I sort of yelled at her." Snaps Ivy.
"Well I do hope she calms down soon, you really spooked her one!" Remarks Cole.

Meanwhile after Zack enters the room he has the door propped open, and sits in the middle with his back turned to invader. He can hear her breathing heavily , eventually it slows down much to his relief. Not moving a muscle he waits, and eventually all is quiet in the room, then comes the sound of movement. Invader slowly makes her way from underneath the shelves and spots Zack sitting in the middle of the room. She is hesitant to get close to him, but senses that he is rather kind and means no harm. Cautiously she approaches him and eventually leans on him and sighs. In turn Zack drapes his arm around her and speaks softly. As she leans on him, memories of a boy flash in her mind.

" No one is gonna get you." Reassures Zack kindly to the tired girl.

As he sits there he signals to his sister that invader has finally calmed down ,but cautions her to stay quiet. Ivy makes her way over to them and sees that invader is quiet, and somewhat withdrawn . Her eyes are closed half way and seem to be peering off into the distance contemplating something that can't be named. Memories whirl about her head and she tries to place them and has flashbacks of other world. In her minds eye she is once again , on the brink of sleep, to tired to run or fight any further. She is welcoming oblivion, the only source of relief she knows is calling to her, it beckons and she wants to answer it.

" Hey are you all right? " Ivy demands softly.
" Are ..... they .... gone? " Asks invader in a daze.
" Who is gone?" Ponders Zack confused.
" They....... the ones....who .... hunt ....am...I.....safe ...here?" Panics invader slightly.
" You are safe here, they cant hurt you." Reassures Ivy playing along.
"Is ...he ... safe?!? ..... TELL ME.... , DID HE MAKE IT!" Yelps invader loudly.
"Who is safe?" Zack asks politely.
" The boy....I .... told him to run......after....I...." Trails off invader.
"After you what?" Prods Ivy gently.
" I...struck the ....leader and .....led them away ...told...him...to...run..." Sighs invader quietly.
"I am here, thanks to you!" Laughs Zack ,while getting a warning glance from his sister.
" We survive....another day!" Exclaims Invader looking exhausted.

Both of them are puzzled and invader snaps to suddenly clear eyed , and goes very quiet as she gets to her feet. Noticing ivy she backs away a few steps and collects herself as ivy approaches her. Eventually ivy introduces herself and she notices invader flinching as if something is hurting her. There is the telltale sign of repressed memory making it's way to the surface of invaders mind. Ivy wants to know more, but would rather have invader in more familiar surroundings.

"You ok?" Asks Ivy now rather concerned at the sate invader is in.
" I'll be fine..... Just trying to... sort out what I .....was remembering." She replies in a weary voice.
"How about we all go back to your room, and get some answers?" Offers Cole walking into the room.
"Alright , we can go! " Invader says after collecting herself.

The trio leave the room and invader appears to be shaking, and wringing her hands in anxiety. Outside Shadow and Jules are waiting who happened to be in the area of the commotion. They all fallow invader back to the dorm room, and wait as she settles in.

End of chapter two.

Last edited by a moderator:

Invader

ACME
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Color #
0000FF
First encounter chapter 3.
I own only myself here the rest of the people are not my own.

Ivy,Zack, Jules, Cole, Shadow, and invader are gathered in the dorm room she is currently staying in. Chase on the other had had decided to sit outside the door, and listen in on invaders story. After some extensive research, he uncovered bits and pieces of the laboratory known as other world. Not much is known, and there was a mysterious accident there, several bodies were found weeks later. Though there is not much remaining evidence the place ever existed, and from what he gathered it was a very unpleasant place.

The true name of invader is known only to her , and invader was just a code name. She seems to be the sole survivor but he has not told her yet. All of them are gathered in a semi circle as invader sits on the bed in pajamas and clutching a very worn tiger plush. Each one of them has a package that has not been opened and no one knows exactly what they contain.

"I will try to remember to the best of my ability." Informs invader softly. "However please don't press any further than you have too."
"How old are these, and who sent them?" Inquires Jules puzzled.
" I suspect,east wind did." Invader replies hesitantly. "If she still lives, I will say they are about 13 years possibly more."
"Who is east wind? Asks Zack intrigued.
" The code name for an A.I. , I discovered while hiding. " Shudders invader.
" She is the one who brought you here right? " Ponders Zack very interested now.
"I would think she did, she had a ....fondness for me." Invader replies "Jules you may go first."

Jules opens the package, inside is a small bracelet, with a charm of a silver flower.

"This belonged to Julie, she was the first one I met, I was awakened by her , after I slid down a hill side during a rock slide!" Invader informs them. "She was treated so badly she lost the ability to speak. I was...captured by people and taken to a place called other world. I want to say I sent her home, wherever home was to her , though I can't remember how I did that! I was made into a runner there for 13 years."

" What exactly is a runner?" Asks Cole uneasy.
" A runner is someone who was either running things around the place, or running from ....the experiments that were conducted. " Invader informed him with a shudder.
"Were they not kids then ?" Questions Shadow.
" At least the remains of them, and sometimes animals too" Replies invader shaking . " If you were a runner they could , chase you for fun and could hurt you one! At least they could....not ....eat you" She trails off.

Cole becomes very quiet at the thought of it.

" Ivy you may go next" Instructs invader sighing.

Ivy opens her package and inside is a key ring with a bunch of strange metal keys, she hands them to invader. Invader takes them and drops them as if they are red hot, then picks them up again.

"Sorry.... the keys were ... well .....access to all sorts of places." She replies gathering herself.
"Though this one. " She continues while sprateing one. " That one is for a secret room .I ...hid there, a lot of the time, that is where I found east wind! The very room was were I fell unconscious, most of the time! I would hide , found things there . The more keys ....you had the more places you could unlock, they could be given away , or taken from those ....those who moved on."
" What did they do to the kids?" Demands Shadow not liking where this is going.
Invader closes her eyes, and turns her back on them.
" bad....things....some were juicers....pumped full of stuff.... mean as hell, smart , quick and big." Inavder Replies shaking badly. "They always...moved in packs, the spooks , were....very timid, but ferocious when cornered. Then there were the soulless as ...we called them....just sat very still murmuring incoherently."

Invader takes a deep breath before continuing on.

" The soulless however could always tell that you were there, and would stop talking if you got too close. On top of that they were rumored to move stuff....without moving themselves... and I never went near them. " She carries on clearly frightened. "There were also rumors that they could take you over though, and I ran from HIM a lot as well.
" Who is him you are referring to ? " Asks Cole now a bit out of sorts.
"MR.Sinister, the lead scientist, I don't ...remember much of him....he never harmed me though........I was worthless...to him." Invader remarks coldly.
" So he spared you.... from experiments right? " Offers Shadow.
" You could....say that... he always said I was worthless , and imperfect." Moans invader softly while hugging a plush tiger. " He made me clean up after them though. He wanted only the ...best, Zack you may open yours"

Zack opens his package and inside is a letter written in faded ink. He hands it over to invader and she starts crying.

" This ...is from....my caretaker.... I ...don't remember her name!" Intones invader sadly. " She always sang songs to me , and introduced me to the research library. She took care of me after I was captured and told me I was autistic"
"Want to call it a night?" Offers Zack not knowing how much more he can take.
" No I want to finish!" Insists invader. " Shadow you are next"

Shadow opens the package,and inside is a crumpled message on very worn out paper. He hands it to invader who recognizes it at once.

"This ....is from the one who .....gave me access to the nest." She smiles softly. "They perished....trying to save me....."
"Did you meet them?" Inquires Cole touched by that revelation.
" No ...never knew ...who they were.....I found this when I....came too..." Invader coolly remarks. "Cole you may open yours"

Cole opens the packing revealing a flash drive, he hands it over to invader.

" I found this ....no idea what is on it....." Says invader puzzled as much as the group is. "Can we call it a night?"

The group nod in silence and get off the floor,leaving with even more questions than they started with. All of them leave the room though Jules lingers while watching invader, and asks for the flash drive. Invader hands it over and hopes it holds nothing sinister on it.

" Ugh.. what she went though...." Speaks up Cole shivering. "I am glad that is over!"
" I think she might have nightmares and flashbacks tonight." Shadow cautions. " Ivy can you stay next door with your brother, just in case she needs someone?"
" I have nothing else to do , what do you say little bro?" Ivy inquires of her brother.
" I am fine with that, should we tell the others?" Zack inquires laughing.
" I don't think that would be a good idea, I would just give her space the next few days." Orders chase standing outside the door, what invader has revealed troubles him. "Who knows what else is going to surface, and we need to be ready. If we break her trust now , we may not get a second chance. I will say this, she is the only survivor that I can find, the others did not make it."

End of Chapter 3.

Invader

ACME
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Color #
0000FF
First encounter chapter 4

I own only myself here, I own no one else.

It was early in the morning, 1:00am to be precise and Zack was wide awake and had his ear to the wall listening to invader. He could distinctly make out that she was in the middle of a pleasant memory involving her caretaker. In fact she was singing softly and making some sort of chirping sound. Pulling his ear away he was releaved that all seemed well, invader on the other hand was wide awake and feeling very mischievous. In fact she was looking around the room for stuff to use for pranks.

She had taken a liking to Zack, but was still afraid of his sister a bit. Rummaging around a box invader found a fake snake, then she made a decoy sleeping on the bed. Silently she hid just behind the open door. Zack on the other hand deicide to go check on invader and softly crept next door. Once he was in the room he made his way to the bed and thought he saw invader sleeping. Invader crept up behind him and dropped the fake snake into his shirt.

Whipping around he saw her wide awake and had a slight smile on her face, then he felt something in his shirt. Putting a hand down it he felt something long , and slightly cold, he pulled it out staring at it quietly. The thing turned out to be a fake snake but it might as well been a real one, he hated them. In a panic he screamed and started to flail his limbs about causing invader to laugh. Between his yelling and her laughing Ivy woke up and stormed into the room.

"WHAT IS GOING ON!!" Yells Ivy stepping into the room.
"Ivy...HELP ME !! " Calls Zack in a panic.
Ivy grabs the fake snake, and tosses it aside.
" Little bro it is a fake one, you can relax!" She commands.
" I still don't like them." Zack almost stutters.

Invader meanwhile is on the floor laughing so hard her sides hurt.

"What was that for?" Growls Ivy seriously.
" I ...could...not..help..it.." Giggles Invader.

Ivy sternly looks at invader who stops laughing.

" I like him, so I pranked him , that is how I show affection!" Invader remarks cheerfully.

Zack gathers himself and smiles at invader.

"Ok you got me a good one!" He smirks.
"So do you REALLY like him?" Ivy teases.
" Well not like that , just as a friend!" Invader shoots back.
" Hey little bro , looks like your girlfriend has some competition now!" Ivy muses.
"Hey you herd her , she only sees me as a friend!" Exclaims Zack.
" You would not prank me, would you? " Asks Ivy with deadly seriousness.
" Not unless I had a death wish" Remarks Invader.
" I am NOT that mean you know!" Ivy emphasizes .
"The way you chased me? , I think otherwise!" Invader sputters.
"Bury the hatchet then? " Ivy offers.
"Ok " Says invader, while placing a fake bug in Ivy's hand.
"Hey!" Says Ivy finding the fake bug.
"I am bugging you, because I think you are ok" Chortles invader.
"That is not exactly the kind of bugs we use here." Smirks Zack.
" Very funny!" Grumbles Ivy tossing the bug aside. "You really need to go back to sleep!"
"Alright I will go back to sleep, on one condition" Offers invader.
" What is it?" Says Ivy suspicious of invader now.
" Could you let me prank Cole one tomorrow?" Invader Pleads.
" I don't even...." Replies Ivy trailing off.
" What do you have in mind?" Inquires Zack.
" Just the classic feather and shaving cream." Laughs invader.
" Oh that one...... I have to witness that! " Zack smirks.
"Alright I will let you, now time for bed! " Ivy commands sternly.

The end of chapter 4.

Last edited by a moderator:

Invader

ACME
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Color #
0000FF
First encounters chapter five
I do not own anything here ,and this purely fictional, and is based on dreams I have had.

Invader was finally back in bed and watched Zack and ivy leave the room and was happy for a first successful prank. Though she did take note that prainking ivy in the future would be an risky move. Though she was happy to have made a few friends here, and was glad to have finally escaped from other world.

The first two weeks here she spent in hiding ,and creeping out of the room at night to scope out the place. This she did as a precaution , just in case someone was looking for her. Though in the back of her mind something nagged at her ,and she felt as though she was missing something. Perhaps in time she would remember right but for now decided to get back to sleep. Elsewhere a mysterious figure is tapping into the ACME database and a newly created file on invader pops up.

" Looks like a new recruit, and hey they found them, in the alleyway?" Muses a figure in grey.
" Not quite a new one yet, it is pending, and no info at all?" Replies a second one.
"Should we tell the boss?" Remarks the first one.
" I would right away!" Exclaims the first one.

A few hours later , a figure crept into the building undetected , and went straight into the room that housed invader. Invader was deep in sleep and did not notice the figure at all.

" Caretaker is that you?" Calls a sleeping invader.

The figure backs away form invader not expecting her to be awake.

" They ...said you ....went to other side...and won't come back." Invader says confused.
" Yes...I am here...what do you need?" The figure asks.
" Do you remember the song we used to sing?" Invader pleads.
" Can you sing it for me?" The figure requests.
" * Awake, awake all through the day... you'll have many an hour to play..... .. sleep, sleep all through the night.... many a dream for your ...delight!" Sings Invader softly.
" Is that all my dear?" The figure asks kindly.
"May I have a hug?" Insists invader with a smile.
" I don't see why not." The figure replies getting a bit uncomfortable
Invader , wakes up for real ,leaps out of the figures arms in a panic, and flails her limbs. The figure watches invader get caught in the sheets, and tumble to the floor.

" Who...are you!" Cries invader in a panic.
" It's alright , I won't harm you." The figure reassures.

Invader is now curled up upon herself expecting the worst.

" There is no need to fear me!" The figure continues.
"W...who... may..I ...address you as then?" Stutters invader
"You may, call me Carmen." The figure offers in a friendly tone.

Outside the door ivy and Zack are on alert after hearing invader fall to the floor, and go quiet. They have not gone back to sleep, and are keeping watch over invader.

"Am I hearing things or is Carmen really here?" Questions Ivy.
" I want to say she really is here but , I can't be sure." Whispers Zack.
"Lets go find out then shall we?" Muses Ivy.

The two of them creep over to the door and find it open, peering inside they see Carmen trying to calm invader down.

"Little bro do you see this?" Motions Ivy.
" I can hear you two, do please come in, and explain why this girl is terrified of me!" Calls Carmen. "I have never had anyone, react this way towards me."

The two of them enter the room and find invader huddled close to Carmen, with her eyes closed.

" Looks like you spooked her one, she was found in the alleyway out back." Informs Zack. "Chase found her, and brought her in and she was been here for a month now!"
"She apparently is from some sort of secret lab called other world, and has been adjusting to being here" Chimes in Ivy. "Though we can't find any files on her, and she seems to get spooky about things and people. There does not seem to be any rhyme or reason to her flashbacks, and she does not like to talk about them."

Carmen goes silent and contemplates the situation.

"You said other world right?" She questions in a serious tone.
" Yes , why do you ask?" Replies Zack now concerned.

"I have heard of the facility , but was never able to find it." Sighs Carmen. " I do know they were working on a way to access alternative time lines, I suspect this girl may very well be from another dimension. That would explain the complete lack of any files on her. Nonetheless whatever they did to her , might have caused memory loss and possibly even worse things. There were rumors of them kidnapping orphans, and conducting experiments on them. Do you think she may have had something done to her?"

"She has said a few things, but if you bring it up she goes quiet or gets terrified. " Offers Zack. "Invader specifically said she was not used in any experiments, well at least that she knows of , however she did mention a certain Mr.Sinister "

Carmen shudders inwardly at the mention of the name.

" I will say he was an old, brief,acquaintance of mine, there was always something otherworldly about him." Carmen replies in an icy tone. "Though I can't place his true name right now, he had quite the dark reputation though."
"We do know the place did suffer a fire , and the remains still exist though I would not want to take her back there yet."Sighs Ivy. " Chase wants to soon, to make sense of what happened, and to get some more info."
"Please....don't send...me back to ...him." Whimpers Invader.
"No one is gonna send you back to him, you are safe here." Reassures Carmen.
"Thank ...you." Invader sighs.
"Detectives, would you mind giving us some alone time?" Instructs Carmen. " I wish to ask her a few things."
"If you can handle her, go ahead!" Exclaims Zack.
"I am sure Carmen, will be fine!" Growls Ivy.

The two of them leave the room yawning and wonder what Carmen wants with invader.

"Well then can you tell me your name?" Offers Carmen.
"Real name ...or ...code name...I can't remember ...the real one." Invader offers meekly.
"Just the first name, you can think of." Orders Carmen.
"Invader is my code name, though they called me the kid sometimes." Sighs invader.
"Do you remember what happened?" Questions Carmen softly.

" There ...was a fire, and I was on.... the hill of oblivion, there was screaming.... " Invader stutters. " It was snowing, and I was falling asleep ..... east wind found me. There were ...lights in the distance going out, smoke was everywhere, the sound of metal and breaking glass. He was laughing....blood on his hands....eyes full of madness..someone was laying very still at his feet."

" Do you know if he lived?" Demands Carmen.
"There was a light that blinded me...when I could see again he was gone." Invader replies trailing off.

Carmen sees that invader can't seem to remember much and the girl is growing tired.

"Back to sleep.....entering.... the sanctuary of dreams." Invader mumbles incoherently.

Carmen shudders at the thought him being alive and out there. The thought of him perishing with his creations gave her a glimmer of hope. Noiselessly she helps invader back to bed, though she appears to be in a trance like state. Though in the back of her mind she wants to know what exactly he did to the girl before her. Those are questions for another day ,and she does not have the time to ask today. Perhaps at some other time and place, she can get the answers she desires ,but not before this girl has time to heal. Opening a C5 corridor she slips into it and vanishes from the room leaving silence in her wake.
To be continued...

NOTES: * About this song, it came to me one night after reading the book, at the back of the north wind for the first time. In a dream north wind paid me a visit and let me enter the border between the country of the north wind and ours. This is all I could remember of the song, though I would know it by heart if I ever heard it again.

Latest posts

Latest threads

New Journals

Neutral Grounds
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I just heard on the news they're going to have to remove the Sakura trees in Washington because of damage to a sea wall. They have to build a sea wall and replant new trees.
    Reactions: Jade
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    They were a gift from the mayor of Tokyo!
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Okay wait. Only 158 of the 2,500 have to be taken down. They are also taking clippings from the cut down trees to propagate new ones
    Reactions: Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Is everyone ready for the solar eclipse on April 8th, 2024? :)
    Quote Link
  • Invader Invader:
    yes
    Quote Link
  • Tenchi Masaki Tenchi Masaki:
    Affirmative
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    I’m staying inside
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I just found a wolf spider in my house. :D
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    one of the GOOD spiders you want around because they eat all the really bad bugs in the house. We put them outside :)
    Reactions: Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know there are over 400 species of parrots in the world??
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know David Attenborough was knighted twice? First in 1985, and again in 2002
    • Wow
    • Interesting
    Reactions: Jade and Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    @Lucy ... don't know if you really want wolf spiders in your home... I'd go for jumping spiders, they can't bite... wolf spiders are the fast movers, and they can bite.
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    And, jumpers are cute
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((Will lose my ACP internet towards the end of the month, unless anyone knows about it ending sooner. Trying to switch my Lifeline phone to a better provider that doesn't shut me off after four and a half gigs of data, nothing but failure so far and "call here" and "it's on their end" and the back and forth crap... in the morning, it's time to demand the supervisor and might even get to harsh language (after three days of that). I plan to use the Lifeline phone tethered as Internet source, share that to my own router... I've done it before (it's messy, and not 100% effective, but it works). ))
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((The 'net is the main way to apply for jobs now, so I need that, and I've moved/changed Lifeline providers before without an issue, so no idea what the problem is. I have active Verizon through ACP, active Lifeline through Airtalk... is that somehow the issue? If anyone knows, please let me know before I tear someone a new one (ya know what I mean). After three days of this, and two days about a month ago, I'm ready to walk there with katana in hand.))
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((And, thoughout this process, I want to port my number (have the info for that) and use the phone I have (Samsung Galaxy S9... gotten for free through Airtalk... note to anyone: if you choose a nice phone through them, you are locked into a 120 day "commitment" to get the phone for free, and they have a very hard data limit... once you use up your data, they cut you off, point blank.))
    Quote Link
    Jon Eckart Jon Eckart: ((And, thoughout this process, I want to port my number (have the info for that) and use the...