Chase

Director
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Boss (situational)
Color #
It could either be devastating for FedEx, or they have something else going for them... and hopefully it's nothing in the tune of a Chinese Investment.

Eugene

Airfield Staff
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Euge, Earl Jr.
Color #
I think it's a bit of a gamble. FedEx is tacitly acknowledging Amazon as an upcoming threat in the logistics segment. If FedEx plays it right, they're an appealing way for companies to compete with Amazon. If they called it wrong, they handed the US market, at least short term, to UPS on a silver platter.

Eugene

Airfield Staff
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Euge, Earl Jr.
Color #
And there's a smell around Express of vertically integrating Express and Ground. Nothing concrete, just whispers.

Eugene

Airfield Staff
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Euge, Earl Jr.
Color #
But I've always thought having one company functionally act as two is a mistake, so that may be my bias speaking.

Victorique

He/They
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Ivory, Victorique, V
Color #
Amazon has its hands in too many pies. If FedEx breaks off, they can still make money elsewhere (ie: shipping buttloads ofonline merch from retailers other than Amazon/shipping across the country or overseas, or sponsoring sci-fi shows). If Amazon makes everything Amazon brand and something happens to Amazon, [insert atomic bomb gif and crash sound]

Victorique

He/They
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Ivory, Victorique, V
Color #
If they play it right, Amazon could have an individual and separate shipping service that would prob make quite a bit. But knowing them, na.

Eugene

Airfield Staff
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Euge, Earl Jr.
Color #
I suspect once Amazon fully immerses itself into the logistics business it's going to find margins exceptionally slim when it wants to maintain it's free shipping prime promise.

Latest posts

Latest threads

New Journals

Neutral Grounds
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Lucy Lucy: I recently read an article that said because of a solar storm, the northern lights can be seen...
    • Interesting
    Reactions: Tenchi Masaki