Director
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Boss (situational)
Color #
Bridge: In Retrospect

This Journal entry is called a "Bridge" because it immediately follows the Roll With It RP, and the Desert Cayman RP. It is also linked directly with Ivy's 2 journal entries: Intro Part 1: Hong Kong, and Intro Part 2: Quid Pro Quo.

((All parties mentioned have either written their own lines or approved this post))

After returning from an odd rendezvous with an old friend, Chase drove all night to be back at ACME Headquarters before the sun, or any amount of suspicion, arose. A light form of damage control and creative storytelling was required as the Porsche Cayman entered the garage in less than perfect shape.

Somehow returning to his temporary residence, Devineaux fumbled for his laptop and opened the envelope with the memory card Carmen placed in his jacket. He thought of sleep. The mid-morning sun shining brightly through the windows convinced him otherwise.

Lee Jordan, he recalled her saying as he put the card in its slot. The name was familiar, but nothing stood out.

Months ago, Chase Devineaux visited Toronto, overseeing the recruitment of new agents. There, a man approached him, introducing himself as a former V.I.L.E. agent. He told a story of redemption, wanting to come clean, and to work on the history he once had with ACME. Reinstating the agent as an ACME detective wasn't probable, but the man insisted that he would have gone to Chief Weller if he needed a badge; he asked to only prove that he was worth the trouble.

Not having any firsthand experience with the former agent, Chase decidedly made him an informant. The young man's name was Lee Jordan.

This brings us back to the information on the monitor. The SD card Carmen gave him held the same bits of data he had skimmed through in Toronto, give or take some incriminating files she had on Jordan's time with V.I.L.E.

This, Devineaux concluded, was something that he needed to handle with appropriate haste. As he pondered whether to leave the problem until something brilliant arose to solve it, the phone rang.

"Devineaux," he answered.

"Agent Devineaux?" an unfamiliar female voice began, "this is Ivy Monaghan from ACME Hong Kong. I tried to call your office..."

"It's fine. Yes, Ms. Monaghan, what do you need?"

"I have a suspect in my vicinity, Mr. Devineaux, but he's international and I need additional clearance from your department."

"Have you contacted Chief Weller?"

Ivy paused, "He said to ask you." She continued, "I want detainment rights, and, if possible, all other information you may have on Lee Jordan?"

There's that name again.

"Agent Devineaux?"

Options were available, but ones that might turn out well were few. The only way to play this game was to have ACME Hong Kong treat Lee Jordan as a suspect until Chase could clear this mess. He saw no use of having an informant if the entire agency and is subsidiaries knew about it.

"You'll get your clearance, Ms. Monaghan, apprehend the suspect, I'll meet you in Hong Kong in 48 hours."

"That fast?" Ivy's voice shot up a few notes, "Oh, of course, right away. Thank you."

She hung up.

And that, was how it started.

Latest posts

Latest threads

New Journals

Neutral Grounds
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Is everyone ready for the solar eclipse on April 8th, 2024? :)
    Quote Link
  • Invader Invader:
    yes
    Quote Link
  • Tenchi Masaki Tenchi Masaki:
    Affirmative
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    I’m staying inside
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I just found a wolf spider in my house. :D
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    one of the GOOD spiders you want around because they eat all the really bad bugs in the house. We put them outside :)
    Reactions: Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know there are over 400 species of parrots in the world??
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know David Attenborough was knighted twice? First in 1985, and again in 2002
    • Wow
    • Interesting
    Reactions: Jade and Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    @Lucy ... don't know if you really want wolf spiders in your home... I'd go for jumping spiders, they can't bite... wolf spiders are the fast movers, and they can bite.
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    And, jumpers are cute
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((Will lose my ACP internet towards the end of the month, unless anyone knows about it ending sooner. Trying to switch my Lifeline phone to a better provider that doesn't shut me off after four and a half gigs of data, nothing but failure so far and "call here" and "it's on their end" and the back and forth crap... in the morning, it's time to demand the supervisor and might even get to harsh language (after three days of that). I plan to use the Lifeline phone tethered as Internet source, share that to my own router... I've done it before (it's messy, and not 100% effective, but it works). ))
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((The 'net is the main way to apply for jobs now, so I need that, and I've moved/changed Lifeline providers before without an issue, so no idea what the problem is. I have active Verizon through ACP, active Lifeline through Airtalk... is that somehow the issue? If anyone knows, please let me know before I tear someone a new one (ya know what I mean). After three days of this, and two days about a month ago, I'm ready to walk there with katana in hand.))
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((And, thoughout this process, I want to port my number (have the info for that) and use the phone I have (Samsung Galaxy S9... gotten for free through Airtalk... note to anyone: if you choose a nice phone through them, you are locked into a 120 day "commitment" to get the phone for free, and they have a very hard data limit... once you use up your data, they cut you off, point blank.))
    Quote Link
    Jon Eckart Jon Eckart: ((And, thoughout this process, I want to port my number (have the info for that) and use the...