Director
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Boss (situational)
Color #
Ask your boss. He probably knows.

(That’s a cool question I’d never have thought of, btw.)
So... this got me thinking that maybe I do know. Then I did a database search of everything you've worn that wasn't a trench coat and hat (outside of the masked gown in Blue Moon Masquerade.)

Carmen, exhibiting a modest white blouse and caramel-hued skirt, walked into an enclosed space in her wraparound platform sandals.
Dressed in black with clean solid lines, she stood in contrast to the rain of light. "There’s a piece by Ismail Shammout I wanted to see in person," Black-ribboned Atelier Versace tapped across the marble star as she took his hand, "Come, it’s on preview in one of the galleries."
Throwing a coat over her shoulders and slipping into an easy pair of white Converse, she glided silently down carpeted steps and began to shadow a new curiosity.
“Walk with me, Acton,” she led the way in a pair of white Converse with short, untied laces, “and keep up, please.”
Once she ascertained that her current ‘roomate’ was asleep, Carmen rose quietly. Her wrapped dress clung under the weight of Neb’s torpor, and she carefully maneuvered until the fabric was freed.
Once she was ready, she clipped her hair up and, in a simple wrapped dress, slipped into sandals woven with water hyacinth fibers.
In a casual cotton dress for Hawaii’s 80-degrees-Fahrenheit and a pair of white Converse, she exited the vehicle. Moving caramel-colored sunglasses up to rest on the head, she adjusted her ponytail slightly, then breathed a sigh upon observation of the person [before her].
She was punctual, as expected. In a laced dress of layered white silk, she wore Italian leather sandals whose strings climbed up her calves and ended in tassels an inch below her knees. Around her neck was a platinum band, plain, understated and hallmarked by a personal jeweler in Venice.
Outside a small, seaside bosanska kavana, or Bosnian Café, Carmen sat in a white sundress and straw hat. A light wind kissed her cheeks, and while it was cool for beach weather, she felt rather contented.
In a koi-print wrapped dress with sleeves that resembled a kimono, the incognito thief leaned into a library chair and crossed her legs. A pair of white canvas Italian Superga classics peered beneath the silk, and the jumble of knots that made its short laces fell loose as she swung her leg to a soundless rhythm.
I'm seeing a lot of sandals, but there's another pattern. Why do you not tie the laces of your sneakers?

Carmen

Queen of Crime
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Color #
Anyway, Carmen, what is the kindest thing someone's ever done for you?
I'm eternally grateful for the kindness of many. I've been saved countless times by people who are either simply doing their jobs or expect nothing in return.

This may sound somewhat minor, but someone showed me how to be compassionate; that I must first give compassion to myself before I may appreciate compassion for and from others. I felt that was the kindest thing I've ever been granted.

Carmen

Queen of Crime
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Color #
Speaking of Chase, when I asked him what his first impression of you was, he said that you flew completely under his radar. I am curious: what was your first impression of him? Did you have the full measure of the man at the time, or has your perception changed?
I don't think it is within the capability of our particular Chase Devineaux to drift by unnoticed, despite his attempts to downplay himself. When he enters a room, he silently owns it. When he takes part in a conversation, he gradually dominates.

I was aware of him well before we ever met.

As a young man, he was always polite, honest and apologetic but none of that stood out to me while we worked together. It may have been impossible to measure him. I lacked the experience, and he was still becoming his own man. We performed during missions. We were amicable, and no more.

After our working relationship shifted into a different territory, my perception of him began to change. It was a classic case of action speaking louder than words. Or perhaps of distance providing perspective.

I've come to note that he secretly possesses one of the biggest hearts among anyone I have ever met.

Chase

Director
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Boss (situational)
Color #
I've come to note that he secretly possesses one of the biggest hearts among anyone I have ever met.
At the risk of marring my robotic reputation, I will frame this. Secretly... Selectively.

AWWWWWW. (Interestingly, this comment works both IC and OOC.)
(Agreed. There's probably a huge overlap of IC/OOC in this case.)

Latest posts

Latest threads

New Journals

Neutral Grounds
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I just heard on the news they're going to have to remove the Sakura trees in Washington because of damage to a sea wall. They have to build a sea wall and replant new trees.
    Reactions: Jade
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    They were a gift from the mayor of Tokyo!
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Okay wait. Only 158 of the 2,500 have to be taken down. They are also taking clippings from the cut down trees to propagate new ones
    Reactions: Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Is everyone ready for the solar eclipse on April 8th, 2024? :)
    Quote Link
  • Invader Invader:
    yes
    Quote Link
  • Tenchi Masaki Tenchi Masaki:
    Affirmative
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    I’m staying inside
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I just found a wolf spider in my house. :D
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    one of the GOOD spiders you want around because they eat all the really bad bugs in the house. We put them outside :)
    Reactions: Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know there are over 400 species of parrots in the world??
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know David Attenborough was knighted twice? First in 1985, and again in 2002
    • Wow
    • Interesting
    Reactions: Jade and Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    @Lucy ... don't know if you really want wolf spiders in your home... I'd go for jumping spiders, they can't bite... wolf spiders are the fast movers, and they can bite.
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    And, jumpers are cute
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((Will lose my ACP internet towards the end of the month, unless anyone knows about it ending sooner. Trying to switch my Lifeline phone to a better provider that doesn't shut me off after four and a half gigs of data, nothing but failure so far and "call here" and "it's on their end" and the back and forth crap... in the morning, it's time to demand the supervisor and might even get to harsh language (after three days of that). I plan to use the Lifeline phone tethered as Internet source, share that to my own router... I've done it before (it's messy, and not 100% effective, but it works). ))
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((The 'net is the main way to apply for jobs now, so I need that, and I've moved/changed Lifeline providers before without an issue, so no idea what the problem is. I have active Verizon through ACP, active Lifeline through Airtalk... is that somehow the issue? If anyone knows, please let me know before I tear someone a new one (ya know what I mean). After three days of this, and two days about a month ago, I'm ready to walk there with katana in hand.))
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((And, thoughout this process, I want to port my number (have the info for that) and use the phone I have (Samsung Galaxy S9... gotten for free through Airtalk... note to anyone: if you choose a nice phone through them, you are locked into a 120 day "commitment" to get the phone for free, and they have a very hard data limit... once you use up your data, they cut you off, point blank.))
    Quote Link
    Jon Eckart Jon Eckart: ((And, thoughout this process, I want to port my number (have the info for that) and use the...