ACME
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
The kid, laundry room ghost.
Color #
0000FF
Invader was going through her room when she came upon a note inviting her to lunch in the cafe. The note had been left by a certain agent who happened to knock on the door, she proposed they have lunch in the cafe area. However it had slipped her mind, and she was a little annoyed with herself.

"Oh I nearly forgot about this two months ago!" She exclaimed.

She then made her way to the deserted cafe, and quickly put up a sign that read meet the laundry room ghost, and sat nearby waiting.

Last edited:

Ennai

ACME
Best answers
Known Aliases
Ennai
Color #
%2373a9c
Ennai walked into the café after stopping to check her communicator. The buzzing was from a message sent by one Dr. Herman Nootix regarding an inquiry she had made earlier that month, but it wasn't pressing and could wait. She was on her way to meet an interesting character that she had been meaning to get acquainted with for some time now: a resident of ACME that she had met a few times before, but had yet to get a read on or even have a solid conversation with.

The cafe was slightly warmer than the cool night's air, and was completely quiet. She didn't even see a waiter at first. She briefly scanned the room as she walked before seeing a large sign on the table of a booth with "meet the laundry room ghost" scribbled on it that made her pause before continuing on towards the table. Behind the large sign, held up by a table number stand, Ennai saw the pale face of ACME's waify janitor.

"Hello, there," Ennai said, moving the sign to the wall as she sat down. "Have you ordered anything yet?"

Invader

ACME
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Color #
0000FF
No I have not, but I did bring some cake." She replied with a smile. "I am rather pleased to finally meet you."

With that she set a rather large dark chocolate and mint cake down. The frosting was a minty green, and had chocolate mint leaves all over it. There were two plates and forks.

"Sorry I forgot about you for a bit, and I had a bit of a run in with some people." Invader replied. "By the way you can call me Kristine, I finally have my old name back."

Ennai

ACME
Best answers
Known Aliases
Ennai
Color #
%2373a9c
No I have not, but I did bring some cake." She replied with a smile. "I am rather pleased to finally meet you."

With that she set a rather large dark chocolate and mint cake down. The frosting was a minty green, and had chocolate mint leaves all over it. There were two plates and forks.
Ennai's eyebrows raised and eyes crinkled as she broke into a smile at the homemade cake covered in green frosting and decorated with chocolate so dark it was nearly black.

"This looks wonderful." Ennai said, before noticing the 50-something year old stout server finally emerging from the back room of the cafe.

"Sorry I forgot about you for a bit, and I had a bit of a run in with some people." Invader replied. "By the way you can call me Kristine, I finally have my old name back."
"Ennai. Ennai Subrosa," she said shaking her head and waiving her hand not to worry about it as the server came up to their booth. "And I think since you made this cake the least I could do is buy us drinks," she said smiling at the no-nonsense looking woman waiting expectantly with a pen poised over her pad.

"Can I get a double shot of espresso please?"

"No problem," she said in a thick, Southern Slavic accent Ennai couldn't place.

"What would you like?" she asked looking at Kristine.

Invader

ACME
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Color #
0000FF
"Just a cola would be fine." She replied not really making any eye contact.

Ennai is a rather lovey name." She spoke to the person before her. "I am still getting used to this place, though it has been a bit quiet."

With that she cut a large slice for Ennai, and placed it on a plate before her. Though for some reason she was getting, a prickling feeling in her arm and glanced at her elbow. Her small friends had woken up from a nap, and seemed rather interested in the other person.

"No" she whispered. "Not here, ok, you can come out later." The crystals seemed to ignore her, and decided to creep to her wrist forming a small band around it.

Ennai

ACME
Best answers
Known Aliases
Ennai
Color #
%2373a9c
The woman sitting across Ennai was pretty quiet herself. She seemed to appreciate her personal space, and wasn't huge on strangers in general. As Ennai shifted to move the plate towards her and grab a spoon, she could see Kristine sense something, like something had brushed against her left elbow. She cocked her head, her eyes blue-grey in the warm cafe lighting watching carefully, as Kristine started talking to something that she clearly believed was there.

Ennai's eyes widened, staring stunned, her skin paling as something clear, and crystlline, and alive was moving up Kristine's arm, morphing into a bracelet around her small wrist. Ennai's felt the blood leaving her as her temperature dropped and a sense of ethereal awe enraptured her. Forgetting herself, Ennai leaned forward and asked the question anyone in her position would ask:

"What is that?" she whispered, wonder dripping from her voice.

Invader

ACME
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Color #
0000FF
"You....you saw them?" Kristine asked a little nervously. "Well they are friends of mine, they have taken a liking to you."

With that the crystals turned a soft golden blue, and seemed to pulsate.

Ennai

ACME
Best answers
Known Aliases
Ennai
Color #
%2373a9c
Ennai was speechless as countless questions raced through her mind. The crystals changed color and seemed warmer--almost... inviting. She realized the server was coming back, and snapped back to reality, leaning back, relaxing her body, and took a bite of her cake. She smiled at the woman who noticed a shift in the atmosphere, but couldn't seem to place it looking from Ennai to Kristine and back again.

"Perfect timing," Ennai chuckled covering her mouth full of cake. "Thanks," she said taking the saucer and espresso cup in both hands.

The woman nodded and put the cola down in front of Kristine.

"All good? Nothing else?" she said smoothing her apron.

Enna glanced at Kristine who was nervously looking away.

"No, I think we're okay for a while thank you."

The woman nodded. "I will check on you later then. Enjoy your cake," she said breaking into a small smile before leaving.

The two were quiet for a second. Finally, Ennai snorted, shaking her head, shifting more comfortably in her seat, and taking another bite of the evidently delicious cake. "Okay, but seriously..." she said gesturing with her spoon.

Invader

ACME
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Color #
0000FF
"You understand the idea of artificial life forms, well that is what they are." Kristine spoke glancing around. "They have been in a very deep sleep sense I came here thirteen years ago, I was stuck in a laboratory of sorts."

She then proceeded to sip some soda and work on a tiny slice of cake.

"However I met them long before ever setting foot in this world, I would be happy to tell you more in my room." She concluded. "However I ask that you tell no one of this, their lives and mine depend on it.

Ennai

ACME
Best answers
Known Aliases
Ennai
Color #
%2373a9c
Keeping a careful poker face, Ennai subdued rash of emotions threatening to bubble up to the surface, nodding her head.

"No one will hear this from me," she said soberly, looking Kristine intently in the eye. "I'll get the check."

She slid out the booth and paid for their drinks, as Kristine packed up the rest of the cake.

Invader

ACME
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Color #
0000FF
"Thanks, mind if we go to my room so you can get to know my friends?" She said nervously, looking around. "I promise you that they wont hurt you."

Packing up the cake , Kristine led Ennai to the room that she had taken up residence in. Once inside she shut the door and settled down in a chair in one corner, while offered her guest to sit on the bed.

Latest posts

Latest threads

New Journals

Neutral Grounds
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I just heard on the news they're going to have to remove the Sakura trees in Washington because of damage to a sea wall. They have to build a sea wall and replant new trees.
    Reactions: Jade
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    They were a gift from the mayor of Tokyo!
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Okay wait. Only 158 of the 2,500 have to be taken down. They are also taking clippings from the cut down trees to propagate new ones
    Reactions: Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Is everyone ready for the solar eclipse on April 8th, 2024? :)
    Quote Link
  • Invader Invader:
    yes
    Quote Link
  • Tenchi Masaki Tenchi Masaki:
    Affirmative
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    I’m staying inside
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I just found a wolf spider in my house. :D
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    one of the GOOD spiders you want around because they eat all the really bad bugs in the house. We put them outside :)
    Reactions: Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know there are over 400 species of parrots in the world??
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know David Attenborough was knighted twice? First in 1985, and again in 2002
    • Wow
    • Interesting
    Reactions: Jade and Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    @Lucy ... don't know if you really want wolf spiders in your home... I'd go for jumping spiders, they can't bite... wolf spiders are the fast movers, and they can bite.
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    And, jumpers are cute
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((Will lose my ACP internet towards the end of the month, unless anyone knows about it ending sooner. Trying to switch my Lifeline phone to a better provider that doesn't shut me off after four and a half gigs of data, nothing but failure so far and "call here" and "it's on their end" and the back and forth crap... in the morning, it's time to demand the supervisor and might even get to harsh language (after three days of that). I plan to use the Lifeline phone tethered as Internet source, share that to my own router... I've done it before (it's messy, and not 100% effective, but it works). ))
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((The 'net is the main way to apply for jobs now, so I need that, and I've moved/changed Lifeline providers before without an issue, so no idea what the problem is. I have active Verizon through ACP, active Lifeline through Airtalk... is that somehow the issue? If anyone knows, please let me know before I tear someone a new one (ya know what I mean). After three days of this, and two days about a month ago, I'm ready to walk there with katana in hand.))
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((And, thoughout this process, I want to port my number (have the info for that) and use the phone I have (Samsung Galaxy S9... gotten for free through Airtalk... note to anyone: if you choose a nice phone through them, you are locked into a 120 day "commitment" to get the phone for free, and they have a very hard data limit... once you use up your data, they cut you off, point blank.))
    Quote Link
    Jon Eckart Jon Eckart: ((And, thoughout this process, I want to port my number (have the info for that) and use the...