A Special Day For Justice

Best answers
Color #
White
"For Fri, Aug. 1, 2014
81 degrees F
Around 7:00 a.m.

Wearing a short floral robe with embroidery at the ""Peter Pan"" collar and short sleeves, with a button front, and front and back yokes, an white 8 inch wide-brim ribbon hat, a pair of white slippers, and a sterling silver rosary-style necklace, having just returned from Old Saint Mary's Cathedral, at 660 California Street, the only Gothic church, and one of the oldest in San Francisco, Agent Julie Justice walks down the hall to her office at ACME HQ. There was no service today. Julie Justice just wanted a few quiet moments to contemplate the anniversary of the death of her father, who died 2 yrs ago today. She had no idea he was so sick; noone had told her. She thought that she had time...It was a good excuse to take a nap...and have a good cup of coffee...and do a little work...later. The day had barely started...and she already wished it was over.

Finally, Agent Justice reaches her office. She is always careful to lock the door every time she leaves her office. She unlocks the door, and looks over at her desk, and next to the small figure of the Greek Goddess of Justice with a sword, she saw 2 small item that were not there before; a small fortress or castle of some kind; and also a small figure of a lion, lying on the ground, alert, with it's head up, and in front of it, a shield with a big ""X"" on it.

And next to these items, there was a very neatly typed piece of paper, that said,""The summit of this historic fortress on Castle Rock is 430 ft. (130 meters above) sea-level. It was a residence for this country's royalty from the 12th to the 17th Centuries, when it was used as a military barracks with a large garrison. This castle was involved in many conflicts, the most famous of which were 2 Wars of Independence from England. The first was led by William Wallace in March of 1296; the second was led by Sir Archibald Douglas in 1333. In the courtyard of this castle is a statue of a lion, with a shield with a big ""X"" on it.""

Agent Justice says,""That sounds like Edinburgh, Scotland.""

Agent Justice changes her shoes, to something more sensible, yet stylish. She puts on a bit more sunscreen. She takes off her ordinary wristwatch and puts on one that Zack and some the other people at ACME tech designed. Not only does it show times in multiple time zones, which is always useful, it also lets an individual Agent activate the C-5 corridor, when necessary. She looks through her purse, and she has her personal credit card her ACME credit card (for emergency use only) her ACME ID, a few business cards with her name on it, and some $U. S. dollars, but no ""foreign"" currency of any kind. She goes to one of the ACME ATMs, and gets some Scottish 20 pound notes (front, upper right: the ""20 pound"" symbol, and King Robert the Bruce. Back: vignette of Robert the Bruce on horseback, and the Monymusk Reliquary (a small, wooden casket-like box, made of wood and bronze, plated, and carved with animals, with 2 medallions in a red glaze) that is said to contain the bones of St. Columba on a background of Sterling Castle) and some Euros (Front, upper right, the 20 Euro ""E"" symbol in green ink. In blue ink, a Gothic building (circa. 12th-14 Centuries) Back: 9:00 star). Agent Justice puts the money in her purse and goes back out in the parking lot, and activates the C-5 corridor with her watch.

Friday, Aug. 1, 2014
Around, 12:00 pm
81 degrees F

The watch did work, but as often happens with the C-5 corridor, Agent Justice did not land in the best spot. The The castle is 450 ft.(130 ft.) above sea level, with rock cliffs to the north,west, and south, and is only accessible from the east where the ground slopes more gently. So Agent Justice will have to climb...and walk...a bit. The castle was built on the remains of a volcanic pipe which cut thru the surrounding sedimentary rock,formed 350 million yrs ago, during the Carboniferus period, before cooling to a very hard form of delorite, which resisted glacial erosion. Agent Justice can certainly understand why someone would want to build a castle/fortress in this spot!! When she reaches the top, Agent Justice is relieved...and somewhat confused...to see the castle is still there. She walks around the courtyard of the castle, and sees the lion with shield with the big ""X"" on it, which was clearly the inspiration for the small ""replica"" on her desk. She walked around a bit more, to look at the alcove that had the statues of William Wallace and Robert the Bruce, and as she looks more closely, she can see a neatly typed note the says:

""Go to the Tea Room in Edinburgh Castle, and have get something to eat. My treat.""

Agent Justice finds the Tea Room in the Castle. She is happy to sit down. A very nice woman comes over and gives her a menu. She looks it, and orders a Castle-Scone, with Chef's Strawberry Jam, and Clotted Cream and Tea. Agent Justice enjoyed her food, and when she was finished, she started to get a 20 pound Scottish note out of her purse. The lady that waited on her came over, and said,""Oh, no, dear you don't have to do that. It's already been paid for. But I was told to give you this."" The lady gave her another neatly typed note. It said:

""Go to island in the North Atlantic, to the west of Great Britain, from which it is separated by The North Channel, the Celtic Sea, and St. Georges Channel. Legend says that in the 2nd Century, a goddess named of the ancient Tuatha de Danann, named Eiru, used her powers to repel invaders. But the invading Milesians had a poet named Amergin, who defeated her magic with his words. Eiru confronted the Milesians on the Hill of Uisneach, and a great battle occured. The Milesians defeated all the ancient Tuatha de Danann. But afterward, the poet Amergin promised to name the land after the goddess Eiru. Today, the goddess Eiru is also called Eire or Erin.""

Agent Justice says,""That sounds like Ireland.""

Fri. Aug. 1, 2014,
Around 12:30 pm
81 degrees F

Agent Justice arrives in Ireland, but is not sure where she is. She looks around and sees she is in County Knock, in the N 5, at Knock International Airport, on the tributary of the famous River Moy. She gets a message on her ACME phone that says:

""Go to Swinford, where you will have ""fun on the street"" at the siasma sirade, an open-air festival that has Ceili (Irish) dancing, and international busking (street performing) competitions, poetry competitions, history walks and talks, children's programs and sports.""

Agent Justice goes to the airport, over to the Information Desk, and is happy to find that the festival is in Swinford is an annual event, and that it is free. So She goes there. She does enjoy herself at the festival watching the performers, and she even does a little Irish dancing. But she is not very good, and 2 dancers, a young man, and a young woman, come over and link arms, and dance with her, so that feels more secure, and does not fall over!! Before she leaves, she has a bit of boxty (Irish potato pancakes). Agent Justice gets another message on her ACME phone. It says:

""Go to this region on the west coast of Ireland, whose name means, ""plain of the yew trees"" not a condiment made with eggs, oil, and vinegar that people use on sandwiches. It belongs to the province of Connaght. It borders the Atlantic Ocean on the north, County Galway on the south, County Roscommon on the east, and County Silgo on the northeast. The population is 130.638 according to the 2011 Census. The largest town is Castlebar (county seat).""

Agent Justice says,""Hmmm...that sounds like County Mayo."" So Agent Justice goes to County Mayo, where she sees much of the Irish country-side, dotted with many different types of flowers, the most common of which is the milkwort (Greek,Polyagala vulgaris, Irish, Na dierfurini) that has small leaves, and the flowers can be blue, lilac, pink or white. It is said to increase milk production in cows, and can also be called ""the four sisters."" But, like a lot of the flowers in Ireland, it has a ""protected"" status, and you cannot pick them. County Mayo also has the most famous mountain, Croagh Patrick (named for St. Patrick) the highest mountain Mweerea (819 meters) in Connaght and is just north of Killary Harbor (a natural fjord).

While she is in County Mayo, Agent Justice buys a post card that with a picture of on it, that says, ""Mayo, home of the yew trees."" She turns it over, and on the back, is a neatly handwritten note that says:

""You will find The Little Mermaid, sitting on a rock in Langeline Harbor, in the capital of this country, that is also known for delicious pastries, made with different kinds of fruit, or even cheese. Meet me in the Brder. Price Restaurant, in The Tivoli Gardens, a pleasure garden and amusement park, that opened on Aug. 15, 1843, and is the second-oldest amusement park in the world, after Dyrehavsbakken in nearby Klampenborg. Don't worry, I have paid for your admission to the park.""

Agent Justice says, Hmmm...that sounds like Denmark. But, if that is the case, I could be meeting Carmen...or JoeKerr."" Agent Justice uses the C-5 corridor. This time, the landing is spot-on.

Fri. Aug. 1, 2014
Around 4:00 p.m,
Around 81 degrees F

Agent Justice takes a moment to walk down Langeline Harbor in Copenhagen, and decides to visit The Little Mermaid. And she can't help thinking that she looks a little sad.

Then she goes to Tivoli Gardens. She goes to the very beautiful admissions gate, and shows her ACME ID, just to verify that her admission to the park has, in fact been paid, and is relieved to find that it has been. She sits down for a moment on one if the beautiful white benches in front of the elaborate fountains near the entrance to the park. She looks at her ACME phone in an attempt to find the Brdr. Price restaurant. She gets up and starts walking thru the park. She goes past the Chinese Gardens, which is similar to the Japanese Tea Garden in the Golden Gate State Park. She walks past the Swan Boat Rides, and the children's rides, like the Aquilla (a giant spinning ride). And she definitely will avoid the Monsoon (a giant swing magic carpet ride) and she will definitely avoid the Daemonen (The Demon, a steel floorless coaster that reaches a height of 92 ft. (28 meters) 1,850 ft. (5690 meters long) with a maximum speed of 48 mph (77 km/h). The roller coaster has a zero vertical loop and a zero gravity roll).

Agent Justice walks until she finds the restaurants. She finally finds the Brder. Price restaurant, a beautiful old white building, built in the 1800's with big, bay windows, by the family that also built the Pantomime Theater. There is a nice patio with some plants. But Agent Justice has been walking a lot today, and prefers to get out of the sun. She goes inside, and sees the pretty, pink pastel tones on the cushions on the chairs, the pretty lights, and ornaments that hang from the ceiling, over some of the tables. Someone comes over, and asks her if she wants to be seated. She says,""Yes"" and is led to table, and given a menu. She looks thru her purse, and hopes that they will take Scottish pounds, Euros, U.S. dollars, and credit cards, because she doesn't have any Danish money.

Distracted by her own thoughts, at first she doesn't notice the shadow passing...and stopping...over her table...until she hears a familiar female voice say,""I like your hat, Agent Justice.""

Agent Justice looks up and sees a tall, beautiful woman, with black hair, and blue eyes, wearing a Bright Pink (Almost Red) Ribbon Hat with a wide brim that lets in a little light thru; a Bright Pink (Almost Red) dress, with medium straps, with sparkly buttons on the front placket and cherry blossoms embroidered at the bottom of a long skirt, Light Red sandals with a slight platform heel, with white wrist-length lace gloves and a white purse over one shoulder, with a white, button-front cardigan over one arm. It looks familiar but Agent Justice doesn't say anything.

""Carmen, is that you?"" Agent Justice asks, surprised.
Carmen says,""Yes. I thought it was too hot for the trenchcoat.""
Agent Justice says,""I agree.""
Agent Justice gets starts to get up, and says,""Do you have time to sit, and stay a while?""
Carmen smiles and says,""Yes, of course I do.""
A man in the restaurant she the 2 women talking and pulls out a chair for Carmen, and puts 2 menus on the table. Carmen sits down and puts both the sweater and her purse on the back of the chair. The 2 women nod politely, saying, ""Thank you"".
When the man leaves, Carmen says,""So tell me, Agent Justice, besides the fact that there was no ""real"" crime committed, what did you notice in your travels today?""
Agent Justice says,""Well..the majority of my ancestors are from these places. Is that it? !!""
""Yes, that's it exactly,"" Carmen says, ""I remember what it was like to go to all these great places around the world, and yet not really be able to take the time to have any fun. And I know you needed to have fun today. Did you have
fun?""
""Yes, I did, thank you very much!!""
""You're very welcome,"" says Carmen sweetly.
""Are you hungry? Shall we order?"" Carmen asks.
""Yes. I am hungry,""Agent Justice says. Carmen motions for the waiter come back, and the 2 women order food. Carmen orders the Crab Meat Salad with Crab Meat Mayo, dill on a bed of baby lettuce with crunchy crutons. Agent Justice order orders the Roast Danish veal from Kildergarden with borderlaise sauce, French fries, and bearanaise mayo.

Their food comes a short time later, and the 2 women continue talking. Carmen asks,""So, do you think that you will stay the night here in Denmark, or will you go back home? You know, there is a 9 hour difference between here and California.""
""Yeah, I know, but it's worth it, if I can sleep in my own bed"" Agent Justice said.
""Hahaha. I knew you would say that,"" Carmen said. ""It's a good thing I brought your sweater, then. It's a 51 degrees Farenheight now.""
Agent Justice says,""Well, thank you for ""bringing"" my sweater,but that isn't cold for me. I'm from Ohio, remember?""
Carmen says,""Ahhh, yes..Northeast Ohio...a small town by Lake Erie..named for Commodore Oliver Hazard Perry, who won the battle for Lake Erie against the British in the War of 1812..Is that right?""
""Ummmm, yeah, but Carmen, I didn't mean that I wanted you to go there, and..."" Agent Justice said, a little upset.
Carmen laughed a little and said,""I forget how serious you ACME people can be, even when you're trying to have fun. I'm just teasing you, Agent Justice. I have no plans to go after your small hometown. I have other things in mind.""
Carmen gets up and gets the sweater off the back of her chair, and puts it on the back of Agent Justice's chair. Then, Carmen, walked back over to her chair, taking two 200 hundred kroner (front green ink, with the Knipplsboro Bascule Bridge (draw bridge and tower) DENMARKS NATIONAL BANK. Back, Longstrup belt plate (belt bucke) round with circular in a circular pattern on a green river bank with blue water, dark blue, broken stripe with a ~ and green 200 in the right hand corner.) She put the money on the table. She said,""You don't have to worry. I never ""dine and dash."" And the money's not counterfeit, either. You know that's not my style. ;) Have some kind of dessert, if you like. After all, it is a special occasion. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Agent Justice, I'll see you soon,"" Carmen says and walks away.

Agent Justice does order an apple Danish, but is not able to eat it all. She gets up, and goes outside. As usual there is no sign of Carmen. How does she do that? !! Agent Justice tries to find walk back to Langeline Harbor and says goodbye to Little Mermaid, and uses the C-5 to go home.

Sat. Aug. 2, 2014
1:00 a.m.
51 degrees

Agent Julie Justice arrives back in her office at ACME HQ. She unlocks the door to office, and sees a box on her desk, with a note that says,""Don't say I never got you anything. Love, Carmen."" In the box are several smaller boxes. One is labeled, ""Edinburgh Castle."" It it is next to the replica on her desk, and has a copy of the clue. The same thing is true for the ""Lion with the Shield."" There is also a box labeled ""The Little Mermaid"" and a box labeled ""Eiru."" In the box marked ""Eiru"" there is another note. It says,""I looked thru many photos to find a statue of this goddess. I did find a photo, but I couldn't locate the state anywhere in Ireland. I was not happy about that. So this is based on an artistic interpretation. I hope you like it."" Agent Justice opened the box to find a 5 inch figure made of polymer resin. A woman with long, red (orange) hair with a gold color circlet-type crown with green ""emeralds"" wearing a color- necklace, also with an ""emerald"" with a long, white medieval underdress with long sleeves, a kelley green shift gown with slightly puffed short sleeves, and an emerald green, hooded cloak, wth some golden trisekles (Celtic triple spirals) on it.

Agent Justice was really touched by her small gifts, and decides to display them on her desk with her figure of the Greek Goddess of Justice, the preying mantis that Invader gave her, until she can find some kind of curio cabinet for them. She puts away her hat, and her necklace, takes off her shoes, picks out a nightshirt, and takes a quick shower and gets ready for bed. Today may have started badly...but it ended well. Agent Justice gets into bed, and turns out light. She quietly whispers her prayers, thanking God for her all her blessings; her family and her pets and her friends in Ohio, and all her ACME friends, in New York, and now at HQ in San Francisco; and yes..even Carmen Sandiego!! :) "

systemcat

Visitor From Another AU
Best answers
I just got through this and I have to ask. Was the research done in advance of writing it or done as needed while drafting it? That can be very time consuming and with this piece you used a lot of it. How long did this take to write?

Best answers
Color #
White
Hello @systemcat.

I usually come up with an idea, first; and then come up with facts or details that back it up, which I write down as a go; so sometimes I have to change my ideas a bit. Ideally, if I have either computer (typing) paper or some kind of either small or regular size lined notebook paper, I will either write a rough draft, and make changes as I go; and when my computer and printer are working, as the are now (thank God!! Lol. ?) when I get I the story as I like it, I can print it out.

The typing usually takes me a few hours; because I have before, I am not good at typing, and that is because (IRL) I have cerebral palsy, and that affects my fine-motor skills somewhat. I don't know if you've noticed this yet, or not, but you can't always save a "draft" of something you are working on, overnight. Sometimes you can, other times, it is gone the next day (this is the problem I had when writing "A Christmas Story" (in The Studio) on the second part, I had to keep starting over. Lol.

Last edited:

systemcat

Visitor From Another AU
Best answers
I know that one. ( Of research changing story aspects if you're trying to insert some fact. )

I've never had a problem saving drafts. In fact as a precaution because of having incidents happen with laptops. I email myself copies for the cloud encase normal storage is lost and it gives me a backup to work from.

Latest posts

Latest threads

New Journals

Neutral Grounds
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • I (Guest) invaderhorizongreen:
    I even have the site white listed, for a wild shot can any of you post a new question in the guessing game I had set up
    Quote Link
    I would like to see if that will get my email to ping
    • Interesting
    Reactions: Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
    I know that might just be a shot in the dark but why not try
    Quote Link
  • Tenchi Masaki Tenchi Masaki:
    Sure why not?
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I hope you get it fixed Invader!!
    Reactions: Jade
    Quote Link
  • Dj Inn(Djinn) :
    Dj Inn(Djinn) has left the room.
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Good Morning everybody. I hope you all have a wonderful day :)
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know a group of Jellyfish is called a Smack? -Nat Geo
    Quote Link
    Smack O’ jellies is now a term
    • Haha
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((OOC: So, I am still here (at least, while ACP is still a thing, then I have to tether my phone to my laptop, send it's internet to Ethernet to my router and setup my other laptop to access that... I managed it once totally by accident)... updating stuff I'm working on is not a fun process (if anyone checks my stories folder on my Google Drive) anymore... the laptop at my desk is old (Core 2 Duo, 2Ghz, 4 gigs RAM, Win7 Ultimate)... Chrome won't update, Drive won't work... I'm stuck using FreeFileSync to keep stuff up to datep things synced. I have plans of getting a job and having money to have something better (a doorstop is better)
    • Love
    Reactions: Julie Justice
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    [continuing] I'm sorry if any of my posts are/could be inflammatory or anything... some of them are stuff I've had in the pipeline for a while, and I messed with it enough to get it postable... that's why there are dates showing when I started working on stuff... I'm not, and never have been, trying to step on anyone's toes or say "this is how it should be"... I have no say here, not sure who does these days (like I posted... maybe this is a test to see if we devolve into chaos). Posts like Hierarchy were started long ago, and meant as a guideline and not because I'm the voice of Sauron.
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    [continuing] I don't have the time to be here a whole lot, I don't have much beyond mom to help with my rent (and once I have a job, that'll take up more time, though I will keep working on stuff (both for here and not) as often as possible, and post when possible on here. I have a question that needs some clarification... being that we are supposed to get permission from the person if we use their character in an addition/story/post, how would that apply if the character is core to the universe (like Carmen... I can replace @Chase, maybe cobble someone into @Ivy's place... but, like @Carmen, being that she's a major character, as long as I don't have her acting or write a major part for her, would that circumvent the rule at all?
    • Love
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    [continuing] I'm just curious... the absence of the major's leaves a gap that I'm not sure what to do with anything... we (the Left Behind) could do a story together (or some stories separate), and that'd be cool, but without being able to use any major's, I'm not sure where to take anything. And, yeah... you can probably guess what my typing is like here (or anyplace else)... I type here or in Word, I type something (or notepad), and 15-20+ seconds later it shows up, so I have to stay on top of my grammar and spelling. I have to keep on top of all that, because I'm working on the big Carmen story at the same time, so I can't slip off my game.))
    • Love
    Quote Link
  • Julie Justice Julie Justice:
    @Jon Eckart Not exactly sure if I understand all your computer probs. I hope you get those resolved soon. Yes, I have many probs with my basic Google Chrome, too. I think it's fair to say we all have a love/hate relationship with technology. 😆 As far as your stories are concerned, you can use any cannon character you like, whether there is a person playing that role on here or not. Say the story is a fanfiction; and that the version of Chase, or Carmen (or whoever) from the computer games, gameshow (or whatever). We don't do Netflix Carmen, mostly because of the violence. And because it is fanfiction, you can also create other characters and situations to suit your story. Now, Chase, Carme, Ivy (or whoever) were here, of course, you would ask their permission; tell them your idea; and if they like it they might write it with you. 🙂
    Quote Link
    @Jon Eckart Now, if you for a friendship with someone on--and off-site, you might form a partnership with them, and write stories together (like Chase and Carmen; or Chase and Ivy; or Lucy and I) and then you will just put a statement saying that this story is a co-write with whoever. In fact, if you collaborate with this person a lot, people will just assume they have your permission; although you should always say it anyway, just as a common courtesy. In fact, ironically, the only people whose permission you must always ask to use their characters are "original" characters, who are creations of their individual writers (which most of us on here, are) specifically because we are not cannon. I hope that makes sense. 🙂
    Quote Link
    @Jon Eckart Now, if you want to write something, but don't have a lot of time, I would suggest posting a status; or replying to someone else's status. Or you could start a guessing game. Look under Forums/Guessing Games, and look at some things other people have done, to give you ideas. I hope that helps. 🙂
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know that the Mockingbird is the state bird of 5 states? Florida, Arkansas, Mississippi, Tennessee, and Texas.
    Quote Link
    It seems the Mock-5 is unstoppable... Go Speed Go!
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I just heard on the news they're going to have to remove the Sakura trees in Washington because of damage to a sea wall. They have to build a sea wall and replant new trees.
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    They were a gift from the mayor of Tokyo!
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Okay wait. Only 158 of the 2,500 have to be taken down. They are also taking clippings from the cut down trees to propagate new ones
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Is everyone ready for the solar eclipse on April 8th, 2024? :)
    Quote Link
  • Invader Invader:
    yes
    Quote Link
    Affirmative
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    I’m staying inside
    Quote Link
    Laverna Laverna: I’m staying inside