The Netflix Game

systemcat

Visitor From Another AU
Best answers
I had to give it at least one try and relief if you haven't tried to play it yet and choose your adventure books have discouraged wanting to play. You can mess up but be given second chances. In the case of me playing, I fouled up three times but didn't have to restart. Hopefully it's unlimited if you have really poor judgement on what to do. How'd everyone else do before winning? Also how is it important Tigress remembers you helped her? That didn't come into play later on however dealing with Argent really was.

Anyone else laugh when watching the bonus scene? Proof in my opinion the writers had fun coming up with ideas to pander to older viewers - er players. Credits music included.

Jules

ACME
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Jules
Color #
%2347557
I played it enough times to get every ending (good and bad) and make a cheat-sheet. If you help tigress, and then choose to go and Save Zack and Ivy (instead of doing the third caper) she saves you from being kidnapped to repay your kindness...
If you don't she leaves you for dead.

systemcat

Visitor From Another AU
Best answers
Thanks for the info ?.
... Either we're the only people here who have given this a shot or at least the only ones vocal as to having played it?

Claire Yeon

V.I.L.E.
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Color #
I started it this morning, but only got as far as the second caper before I had to leave for work. It is enjoyable, but I do not see as how our choices make much difference in the outcomes. Perhaps I'm just not far enough in to it.

Jules

ACME
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Jules
Color #
%2347557
@Claire Yeon I am a huge nerd about the Netflix series, It's what got me back into Carmen from my childhood, so I've played the Netflix game a lot there are four different main ending two bad, two good. your decisions do make a big difference.
@systemcat did you like it? (and am I the only one that likes Carmen 2019?)

systemcat

Visitor From Another AU
Best answers
Yes, I did. What I said earlier really was what was holding me back at first from wanting to give this a try. I figured with the current absence of knowing if there will be a third season, I should give it a chance.

I enjoy the current series but also enjoy the earlier series ( live and animated ). To how I see negativity with reboots, it's those who like the classic material and don't want anything new to deviate from that. I will give shows a decent chance if their premise tugs at my curiosity. To naysayers, two things ring to mind with that. Commenting I heard somewhere, likely YouTube over Nickelodeon programming. Just because one generation enjoys it doesn't mean it was intended for other generations to enjoy it. Also something I used to say to a guy I dated sometime ago. He'd easily get into nerd rages I just felt like giving an eye roll to. What I'd say to him if we were watching programming meant for kids, we were re-watching for the first time in years, and he'd complain about it being intellectually incompetent. I'd say to him, "enjoy a cartoon for a cartoon." I'm still a kid at heart and a long time fan so I accept this. ?

Claire Yeon

V.I.L.E.
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Color #
@Claire Yeon I am a huge nerd about the Netflix series, It's what got me back into Carmen from my childhood.
Same. That is what brought me here, actually. I binged-watched the entire first season from an uncomfortable pull-out couch bed at an Air BnB in Victoria, smiling with delight the entire time at the fact that Carmen Sandiego was back. I found this forum that same night, but it took a while to work up the courage to create a character and join. I only wish I had found it sooner.

Jules

ACME
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Jules
Color #
%2347557
@Claire Yeon Yeah, I grew up with where in the world and treasure of knowledge... So when 2019 came out I almost didn't watch it because of hero Carmen. But a friend made me and it's now my favorite show! (and Carmen's my favorite character).
I cosplay as a hobby, and my first cosplay when I was either thirteen or fourteen (correction, I looked for photos, I was not eight) was of ivy!
I actually just finished dyeing my hair bright blue for a cosplay of the character Cassandra/moonstone ((yes, I am aware I'm a bit to old to be watching the tangled spin-off show, but I like it, I don't know why...)

Last edited:

systemcat

Visitor From Another AU
Best answers
Cosplaying Ivy, that is the first time I've heard of anyone doing cosplay with the fandom and it wasn't Carmen. No objections to those who do cosplay Carmen but the fact you picked another character. ?

Latest posts

Latest threads

New Journals

Neutral Grounds
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I just heard on the news they're going to have to remove the Sakura trees in Washington because of damage to a sea wall. They have to build a sea wall and replant new trees.
    Reactions: Jade
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    They were a gift from the mayor of Tokyo!
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Okay wait. Only 158 of the 2,500 have to be taken down. They are also taking clippings from the cut down trees to propagate new ones
    Reactions: Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Is everyone ready for the solar eclipse on April 8th, 2024? :)
    Quote Link
  • Invader Invader:
    yes
    Quote Link
  • Tenchi Masaki Tenchi Masaki:
    Affirmative
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    I’m staying inside
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I just found a wolf spider in my house. :D
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    one of the GOOD spiders you want around because they eat all the really bad bugs in the house. We put them outside :)
    Reactions: Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know there are over 400 species of parrots in the world??
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know David Attenborough was knighted twice? First in 1985, and again in 2002
    • Wow
    • Interesting
    Reactions: Jade and Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    @Lucy ... don't know if you really want wolf spiders in your home... I'd go for jumping spiders, they can't bite... wolf spiders are the fast movers, and they can bite.
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    And, jumpers are cute
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((Will lose my ACP internet towards the end of the month, unless anyone knows about it ending sooner. Trying to switch my Lifeline phone to a better provider that doesn't shut me off after four and a half gigs of data, nothing but failure so far and "call here" and "it's on their end" and the back and forth crap... in the morning, it's time to demand the supervisor and might even get to harsh language (after three days of that). I plan to use the Lifeline phone tethered as Internet source, share that to my own router... I've done it before (it's messy, and not 100% effective, but it works). ))
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((The 'net is the main way to apply for jobs now, so I need that, and I've moved/changed Lifeline providers before without an issue, so no idea what the problem is. I have active Verizon through ACP, active Lifeline through Airtalk... is that somehow the issue? If anyone knows, please let me know before I tear someone a new one (ya know what I mean). After three days of this, and two days about a month ago, I'm ready to walk there with katana in hand.))
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((And, thoughout this process, I want to port my number (have the info for that) and use the phone I have (Samsung Galaxy S9... gotten for free through Airtalk... note to anyone: if you choose a nice phone through them, you are locked into a 120 day "commitment" to get the phone for free, and they have a very hard data limit... once you use up your data, they cut you off, point blank.))
    Quote Link
    Jon Eckart Jon Eckart: ((And, thoughout this process, I want to port my number (have the info for that) and use the...