The Netflix Game

systemcat

Writer
Best answers
I had to give it at least one try and relief if you haven't tried to play it yet and choose your adventure books have discouraged wanting to play. You can mess up but be given second chances. In the case of me playing, I fouled up three times but didn't have to restart. Hopefully it's unlimited if you have really poor judgement on what to do. How'd everyone else do before winning? Also how is it important Tigress remembers you helped her? That didn't come into play later on however dealing with Argent really was.

Anyone else laugh when watching the bonus scene? Proof in my opinion the writers had fun coming up with ideas to pander to older viewers - er players. Credits music included.

Jules

ACME
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Jules
Color #
%2347557
I played it enough times to get every ending (good and bad) and make a cheat-sheet. If you help tigress, and then choose to go and Save Zack and Ivy (instead of doing the third caper) she saves you from being kidnapped to repay your kindness...
If you don't she leaves you for dead.

systemcat

Writer
Best answers
Thanks for the info 🙂.
... Either we're the only people here who have given this a shot or at least the only ones vocal as to having played it?

Claire Yeon

V.I.L.E.
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Color #
I started it this morning, but only got as far as the second caper before I had to leave for work. It is enjoyable, but I do not see as how our choices make much difference in the outcomes. Perhaps I'm just not far enough in to it.

Jules

ACME
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Jules
Color #
%2347557
@Claire Yeon I am a huge nerd about the Netflix series, It's what got me back into Carmen from my childhood, so I've played the Netflix game a lot there are four different main ending two bad, two good. your decisions do make a big difference.
@systemcat did you like it? (and am I the only one that likes Carmen 2019?)

systemcat

Writer
Best answers
Yes, I did. What I said earlier really was what was holding me back at first from wanting to give this a try. I figured with the current absence of knowing if there will be a third season, I should give it a chance.

I enjoy the current series but also enjoy the earlier series ( live and animated ). To how I see negativity with reboots, it's those who like the classic material and don't want anything new to deviate from that. I will give shows a decent chance if their premise tugs at my curiosity. To naysayers, two things ring to mind with that. Commenting I heard somewhere, likely YouTube over Nickelodeon programming. Just because one generation enjoys it doesn't mean it was intended for other generations to enjoy it. Also something I used to say to a guy I dated sometime ago. He'd easily get into nerd rages I just felt like giving an eye roll to. What I'd say to him if we were watching programming meant for kids, we were re-watching for the first time in years, and he'd complain about it being intellectually incompetent. I'd say to him, "enjoy a cartoon for a cartoon." I'm still a kid at heart and a long time fan so I accept this. 😎

Claire Yeon

V.I.L.E.
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Color #
@Claire Yeon I am a huge nerd about the Netflix series, It's what got me back into Carmen from my childhood.
Same. That is what brought me here, actually. I binged-watched the entire first season from an uncomfortable pull-out couch bed at an Air BnB in Victoria, smiling with delight the entire time at the fact that Carmen Sandiego was back. I found this forum that same night, but it took a while to work up the courage to create a character and join. I only wish I had found it sooner.

Jules

ACME
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Jules
Color #
%2347557
@Claire Yeon Yeah, I grew up with where in the world and treasure of knowledge... So when 2019 came out I almost didn't watch it because of hero Carmen. But a friend made me and it's now my favorite show! (and Carmen's my favorite character).
I cosplay as a hobby, and my first cosplay when I was either thirteen or fourteen (correction, I looked for photos, I was not eight) was of ivy!
I actually just finished dyeing my hair bright blue for a cosplay of the character Cassandra/moonstone ((yes, I am aware I'm a bit to old to be watching the tangled spin-off show, but I like it, I don't know why...)

Last edited:

systemcat

Writer
Best answers
Cosplaying Ivy, that is the first time I've heard of anyone doing cosplay with the fandom and it wasn't Carmen. No objections to those who do cosplay Carmen but the fact you picked another character. 👍

Latest posts

Latest threads

New Journals

Neutral Grounds
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Charlet Charlet:
    Yup that’s the other charlet that was created
    Quote Link
  • Jules Jules:
    ...Ok.
    Quote Link
  • Charlet Charlet:
    Basically she died at a young age and was brought back as a cyborg. My imagination is weird
    Quote Link
  • Jules Jules:
    If you think yours is, you're not alone. I came up with this monstrosity:
    Quote Link
  • Jules Jules:
    Ina medieval world we open with a character who fall from a cliff and smacks her head losing her memory. when she wakes up she remembers nothing and is shown around a town by a hunter named Lydia. She goes to a inn and meets a girl named Alita, who's part of a rebellion against a evil king. She goes with Alita, after seeing the rebellion
    Quote Link
  • Jules Jules:
    symbol is painted on her cloths. They meet two other rebels tomas and Lizbet. Alita is half mermaid and Lizbet is a shapeshifter, but the girl is human. alita nearly gets captured by bounty hunters who see the girl and she remembers her name: ashni. Alita reveals that she knows Ashni before she lost her memory, but not enough, only having met her once. It's shown that Ashni is upset that Alita can't tell her more. She run off and is captured by the bounty hunters. she escape with alita' shelp and they find out she is the true heir and considered dead. She gets injured in a fight and decides to be a farmer so she won't be hurt again. Alita fights back is nearly killed before Ashni saves her, having returned after getting her memories,including the love of her kingdom back.
    Quote Link
  • Charlet Charlet:
    Wow
    Quote Link
  • Jules Jules:
    I wrote a 6- page script based off that, with one sequel finished and one still being worked on.
    Quote Link
  • Charlet Charlet:
    My orignal charlet was easily controlled without her own consent which gave her rage issues
    Quote Link
  • Charlet Charlet:
    but seriously being a robotic child doesn’t sound fun
    Quote Link
  • Jules Jules:
    It does not.
    Quote Link
  • Charlet Charlet:
    Mom: forces you to clean room by your robotic mind
    Quote Link
  • Charlet Charlet:
    you: help me. *cleans without permisison*
    Quote Link
  • Jules Jules:
    that does not sound fun.
    Quote Link
  • Charlet Charlet:
    Fun for the parent not fun for the kid
    Quote Link
  • Jules Jules:
    god point.
    Quote Link
  • Charlet Charlet:
    Since charlet in that story is carmens genetic clone it gets a little tricky
    Quote Link
  • Jules Jules:
    i'd bet.
    Quote Link
  • Charlet Charlet:
    So she could frame carmen just with her own dna :D
    Quote Link
  • Jules Jules:
    Oh no. Kinda doubt she's try it, though.
    Quote Link
  • Charlet Charlet:
    She would in that storyline she actually joined acme to bring her clone down. Under the worse ailias junior junior
    Quote Link
  • Charlet Charlet:
    So in another universe there’s a cybonic carmen clone acme detective :D
    Quote Link
  • Jules Jules:
    that is one sentience i but you thought you'd never type.
    Quote Link
  • Charlet Charlet:
    Nah I don’t think anything
    Quote Link
  • Jules Jules:
    mood.
    Quote Link
    Jules Jules: mood.