Stories

systemcat

Visitor From Another AU
Best answers
I haven't gotten an answer yet and hope to sometime soon. Can I have links from my sig. in regards to my writing? ... I'm not too sure about posting my writing here. From the impression one person has given me, combined with results from Google. I think I might be doing something almost unheard of, comic book format.

But if I posted that work here it would be like a needle on a record going all over the place. That would be because the Carmen Sandiego fandom accounts for not being the only influence in my stories. It comes up but it doesn't play a dominant factor. I say between what could best be noted as four fandoms, it is tying with another for second.

Tenchi Masaki

ACME Ace Detective, Inventor
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Tenko(don't ask), Kami Jack, Guy Smart, Tenten
Color #
(Processing Brrzt!) It would be fine if you used comic format. We encourage creativity in storytelling *especially since we pestered Chase enough about it*. But posting non Carmen related stuff is fine in the proper forums and using multiple sources is absolutely acceptable. *Mecha-Tenchi blows fuse and suddenly the intercom starts speaking* Hahaha whoops!, Looks like my robot broke down I’m sorry I have mecha me’s running around everywhere keeping things running. But anyway whatever you post whether it’s a whole story or bits and pieces of one is acceptable just follow the forum rules on violence, gore, sex, by prefacing your post with the proper rating. Wow holding down the fort serious but also fun. Now to build a @Chase/Alcohol tracker to find Chase...

Last edited:

Tenchi Masaki

ACME Ace Detective, Inventor
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Tenko(don't ask), Kami Jack, Guy Smart, Tenten
Color #
(Brrrring!) Phone Guy: “Um hello this is the uh playroom advisor. Tenchi is going to be busy fixing hardware and software things that have suddenly broke down, which I had uh, nothing to do with but he’s going to be occupied most of the day. I just thought you should uh, know that the playroom was made by @Chase to keep Charlet and Ruslan occupied and uh, you can say private information in there but NOT neutral grounds, since that can be seen by anyone on the site. So keep personal info off neutral grounds and in the uh, playroom and private chat rooms. Oh and by the way, Chase really didn’t research the playroom and it seems kids threw Fazbear parties in it awhile back not like that’s a problem most of the time. But uh, if you happen to hear strange noises or worse see animatronic suits uh, don’t panic and just follow proper procedure. That Tenchi guy or maybe that Charlet girl can tell you what that is. Uh, until then take care...” (Click!)

Last edited:

systemcat

Visitor From Another AU
Best answers
I'm going to give a summary glance at this. ... The whole AU so far is over 800 pages long. This summary will be interesting feedback. ( Don't worry, I will not be posting that many pages. )

systemcat

Visitor From Another AU
Best answers
Thank you, I added very short description and a link to where all content can be found in my DeviantArt account. ComicFury is meant to be more official but DA presents things better I think.

Chase

Director
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Boss (situational)
Color #
From what I've seen visually, it looks like you have a consistent style. I'd consider self-publishing the comics, maybe get a font that better reflects your characters' "voices" and you're probably good to go.

systemcat

Visitor From Another AU
Best answers
I've been making comics for a very long time. The drawing style you see today got refined over the course of the late 90's and since has grown more refined & into a process that can take anywhere from two to six days to make one page. Back in the day I might have made 3 pages in a day.

I can't afford to do that. Besides it's not easy getting a permission reply from DHX. Kindly worded and very formal. ... I think they simply toss aside requests which even note in letter no profit would be made. I think it's an assumption the work is low quality and they don't want that loose tie to it

I'm going to guess and say you saw what I posted in the forum for a smidget of the work. I understand what you are saying. I express character voices in a few ways when called for. In a comic I no longer make since after a while it felt like a chore and not fun to produce. Each character had different colored word balloons. But outside that project and through out this project I have done these bits a lot. According to speech if a character is speaking in a low voice, making the font size two sizes smaller than normal. Or if a shout or emphasis on a word is taking place, have the words in bold and maybe even a size larger than the rest of the text. With word balloons have the tails coming off them show themselves as bold or weak if needed. Say if the character is feeling uneasy, have it look wiggled. Even the word balloons can look effected by the speech with example. If a character is speaking in a cold tone, I would have what in a sense looks like icicles coming off the bottom of it. Or if the character is saying something excited, the balloon has it's self spiking outwards in all directions. There are more examples of ways I make the text relay tone of sound in these comics.

Also are you an Admin. or is it a character thing on your up front profile? The forum wants me to visit a link by default prompting that that browser says doesn't exist.

Latest posts

Latest threads

New Journals

Neutral Grounds
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Is everyone ready for the solar eclipse on April 8th, 2024? :)
    Quote Link
  • Invader Invader:
    yes
    Quote Link
  • Tenchi Masaki Tenchi Masaki:
    Affirmative
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    I’m staying inside
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I just found a wolf spider in my house. :D
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    one of the GOOD spiders you want around because they eat all the really bad bugs in the house. We put them outside :)
    Reactions: Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know there are over 400 species of parrots in the world??
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know David Attenborough was knighted twice? First in 1985, and again in 2002
    • Wow
    • Interesting
    Reactions: Jade and Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    @Lucy ... don't know if you really want wolf spiders in your home... I'd go for jumping spiders, they can't bite... wolf spiders are the fast movers, and they can bite.
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    And, jumpers are cute
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((Will lose my ACP internet towards the end of the month, unless anyone knows about it ending sooner. Trying to switch my Lifeline phone to a better provider that doesn't shut me off after four and a half gigs of data, nothing but failure so far and "call here" and "it's on their end" and the back and forth crap... in the morning, it's time to demand the supervisor and might even get to harsh language (after three days of that). I plan to use the Lifeline phone tethered as Internet source, share that to my own router... I've done it before (it's messy, and not 100% effective, but it works). ))
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((The 'net is the main way to apply for jobs now, so I need that, and I've moved/changed Lifeline providers before without an issue, so no idea what the problem is. I have active Verizon through ACP, active Lifeline through Airtalk... is that somehow the issue? If anyone knows, please let me know before I tear someone a new one (ya know what I mean). After three days of this, and two days about a month ago, I'm ready to walk there with katana in hand.))
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((And, thoughout this process, I want to port my number (have the info for that) and use the phone I have (Samsung Galaxy S9... gotten for free through Airtalk... note to anyone: if you choose a nice phone through them, you are locked into a 120 day "commitment" to get the phone for free, and they have a very hard data limit... once you use up your data, they cut you off, point blank.))
    Quote Link
    Jon Eckart Jon Eckart: ((And, thoughout this process, I want to port my number (have the info for that) and use the...