Stories

systemcat

Visitor From Another AU
Best answers
I haven't gotten an answer yet and hope to sometime soon. Can I have links from my sig. in regards to my writing? ... I'm not too sure about posting my writing here. From the impression one person has given me, combined with results from Google. I think I might be doing something almost unheard of, comic book format.

But if I posted that work here it would be like a needle on a record going all over the place. That would be because the Carmen Sandiego fandom accounts for not being the only influence in my stories. It comes up but it doesn't play a dominant factor. I say between what could best be noted as four fandoms, it is tying with another for second.

Tenchi Masaki

ACME Ace Detective, Inventor
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Tenko(don't ask), Kami Jack, Guy Smart, Tenten
Color #
(Processing Brrzt!) It would be fine if you used comic format. We encourage creativity in storytelling *especially since we pestered Chase enough about it*. But posting non Carmen related stuff is fine in the proper forums and using multiple sources is absolutely acceptable. *Mecha-Tenchi blows fuse and suddenly the intercom starts speaking* Hahaha whoops!, Looks like my robot broke down I’m sorry I have mecha me’s running around everywhere keeping things running. But anyway whatever you post whether it’s a whole story or bits and pieces of one is acceptable just follow the forum rules on violence, gore, sex, by prefacing your post with the proper rating. Wow holding down the fort serious but also fun. Now to build a @Chase/Alcohol tracker to find Chase...

Last edited:

Tenchi Masaki

ACME Ace Detective, Inventor
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Tenko(don't ask), Kami Jack, Guy Smart, Tenten
Color #
(Brrrring!) Phone Guy: “Um hello this is the uh playroom advisor. Tenchi is going to be busy fixing hardware and software things that have suddenly broke down, which I had uh, nothing to do with but he’s going to be occupied most of the day. I just thought you should uh, know that the playroom was made by @Chase to keep Charlet and Ruslan occupied and uh, you can say private information in there but NOT neutral grounds, since that can be seen by anyone on the site. So keep personal info off neutral grounds and in the uh, playroom and private chat rooms. Oh and by the way, Chase really didn’t research the playroom and it seems kids threw Fazbear parties in it awhile back not like that’s a problem most of the time. But uh, if you happen to hear strange noises or worse see animatronic suits uh, don’t panic and just follow proper procedure. That Tenchi guy or maybe that Charlet girl can tell you what that is. Uh, until then take care...” (Click!)

Last edited:

systemcat

Visitor From Another AU
Best answers
I'm going to give a summary glance at this. ... The whole AU so far is over 800 pages long. This summary will be interesting feedback. ( Don't worry, I will not be posting that many pages. )

systemcat

Visitor From Another AU
Best answers
Thank you, I added very short description and a link to where all content can be found in my DeviantArt account. ComicFury is meant to be more official but DA presents things better I think.

Chase

Director
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Boss (situational)
Color #
From what I've seen visually, it looks like you have a consistent style. I'd consider self-publishing the comics, maybe get a font that better reflects your characters' "voices" and you're probably good to go.

systemcat

Visitor From Another AU
Best answers
I've been making comics for a very long time. The drawing style you see today got refined over the course of the late 90's and since has grown more refined & into a process that can take anywhere from two to six days to make one page. Back in the day I might have made 3 pages in a day.

I can't afford to do that. Besides it's not easy getting a permission reply from DHX. Kindly worded and very formal. ... I think they simply toss aside requests which even note in letter no profit would be made. I think it's an assumption the work is low quality and they don't want that loose tie to it

I'm going to guess and say you saw what I posted in the forum for a smidget of the work. I understand what you are saying. I express character voices in a few ways when called for. In a comic I no longer make since after a while it felt like a chore and not fun to produce. Each character had different colored word balloons. But outside that project and through out this project I have done these bits a lot. According to speech if a character is speaking in a low voice, making the font size two sizes smaller than normal. Or if a shout or emphasis on a word is taking place, have the words in bold and maybe even a size larger than the rest of the text. With word balloons have the tails coming off them show themselves as bold or weak if needed. Say if the character is feeling uneasy, have it look wiggled. Even the word balloons can look effected by the speech with example. If a character is speaking in a cold tone, I would have what in a sense looks like icicles coming off the bottom of it. Or if the character is saying something excited, the balloon has it's self spiking outwards in all directions. There are more examples of ways I make the text relay tone of sound in these comics.

Also are you an Admin. or is it a character thing on your up front profile? The forum wants me to visit a link by default prompting that that browser says doesn't exist.

Latest posts

Latest threads

New Journals

Neutral Grounds
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • I (Guest) invaderhorizongreen:
    I even have the site white listed, for a wild shot can any of you post a new question in the guessing game I had set up
    Quote Link
    I would like to see if that will get my email to ping
    • Interesting
    Reactions: Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
    I know that might just be a shot in the dark but why not try
    Quote Link
  • Tenchi Masaki Tenchi Masaki:
    Sure why not?
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I hope you get it fixed Invader!!
    Reactions: Jade
    Quote Link
  • Dj Inn(Djinn) :
    Dj Inn(Djinn) has left the room.
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Good Morning everybody. I hope you all have a wonderful day :)
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know a group of Jellyfish is called a Smack? -Nat Geo
    Quote Link
    Smack O’ jellies is now a term
    • Haha
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((OOC: So, I am still here (at least, while ACP is still a thing, then I have to tether my phone to my laptop, send it's internet to Ethernet to my router and setup my other laptop to access that... I managed it once totally by accident)... updating stuff I'm working on is not a fun process (if anyone checks my stories folder on my Google Drive) anymore... the laptop at my desk is old (Core 2 Duo, 2Ghz, 4 gigs RAM, Win7 Ultimate)... Chrome won't update, Drive won't work... I'm stuck using FreeFileSync to keep stuff up to datep things synced. I have plans of getting a job and having money to have something better (a doorstop is better)
    • Love
    Reactions: Julie Justice
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    [continuing] I'm sorry if any of my posts are/could be inflammatory or anything... some of them are stuff I've had in the pipeline for a while, and I messed with it enough to get it postable... that's why there are dates showing when I started working on stuff... I'm not, and never have been, trying to step on anyone's toes or say "this is how it should be"... I have no say here, not sure who does these days (like I posted... maybe this is a test to see if we devolve into chaos). Posts like Hierarchy were started long ago, and meant as a guideline and not because I'm the voice of Sauron.
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    [continuing] I don't have the time to be here a whole lot, I don't have much beyond mom to help with my rent (and once I have a job, that'll take up more time, though I will keep working on stuff (both for here and not) as often as possible, and post when possible on here. I have a question that needs some clarification... being that we are supposed to get permission from the person if we use their character in an addition/story/post, how would that apply if the character is core to the universe (like Carmen... I can replace @Chase, maybe cobble someone into @Ivy's place... but, like @Carmen, being that she's a major character, as long as I don't have her acting or write a major part for her, would that circumvent the rule at all?
    • Love
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    [continuing] I'm just curious... the absence of the major's leaves a gap that I'm not sure what to do with anything... we (the Left Behind) could do a story together (or some stories separate), and that'd be cool, but without being able to use any major's, I'm not sure where to take anything. And, yeah... you can probably guess what my typing is like here (or anyplace else)... I type here or in Word, I type something (or notepad), and 15-20+ seconds later it shows up, so I have to stay on top of my grammar and spelling. I have to keep on top of all that, because I'm working on the big Carmen story at the same time, so I can't slip off my game.))
    • Love
    Quote Link
  • Julie Justice Julie Justice:
    @Jon Eckart Not exactly sure if I understand all your computer probs. I hope you get those resolved soon. Yes, I have many probs with my basic Google Chrome, too. I think it's fair to say we all have a love/hate relationship with technology. 😆 As far as your stories are concerned, you can use any cannon character you like, whether there is a person playing that role on here or not. Say the story is a fanfiction; and that the version of Chase, or Carmen (or whoever) from the computer games, gameshow (or whatever). We don't do Netflix Carmen, mostly because of the violence. And because it is fanfiction, you can also create other characters and situations to suit your story. Now, Chase, Carme, Ivy (or whoever) were here, of course, you would ask their permission; tell them your idea; and if they like it they might write it with you. 🙂
    Quote Link
    @Jon Eckart Now, if you for a friendship with someone on--and off-site, you might form a partnership with them, and write stories together (like Chase and Carmen; or Chase and Ivy; or Lucy and I) and then you will just put a statement saying that this story is a co-write with whoever. In fact, if you collaborate with this person a lot, people will just assume they have your permission; although you should always say it anyway, just as a common courtesy. In fact, ironically, the only people whose permission you must always ask to use their characters are "original" characters, who are creations of their individual writers (which most of us on here, are) specifically because we are not cannon. I hope that makes sense. 🙂
    Quote Link
    @Jon Eckart Now, if you want to write something, but don't have a lot of time, I would suggest posting a status; or replying to someone else's status. Or you could start a guessing game. Look under Forums/Guessing Games, and look at some things other people have done, to give you ideas. I hope that helps. 🙂
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know that the Mockingbird is the state bird of 5 states? Florida, Arkansas, Mississippi, Tennessee, and Texas.
    Quote Link
    It seems the Mock-5 is unstoppable... Go Speed Go!
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I just heard on the news they're going to have to remove the Sakura trees in Washington because of damage to a sea wall. They have to build a sea wall and replant new trees.
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    They were a gift from the mayor of Tokyo!
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Okay wait. Only 158 of the 2,500 have to be taken down. They are also taking clippings from the cut down trees to propagate new ones
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Is everyone ready for the solar eclipse on April 8th, 2024? :)
    Quote Link
  • Invader Invader:
    yes
    Quote Link
    Affirmative
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    I’m staying inside
    Quote Link