Lucy's first Halloween At ACME

Lucy

ACME
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Alice, Luce
(I wanted to post this early because I don't know if I would be able to on Halloween. Thank you @Julie Justice for all of the help. I appreciate it.)

October 31st​

A chill was finally in the air. People hang decorations, Lucy came across a prank when she opened one of the closets and a skeleton popped out. She jumped back, feeling her heart race. Then letting out a nervous chuckle; walks away.

This time of year Lucy would usually be curled up with a book because it was too anxiety provoking to participate in things that students did during Halloween.

This year however, she was more comfortable around people, and part of her training was working with campus security to make sure the students didn't get out of hand.

Lucy's partner was Abigail, who had two children 6 and 10 years old. A boy and a girl who were very active. She sat in a chair next to Abigail, who was finishing filling a report on their last incident. The older woman tapped away at the keyboard while Lucy watches.

The phone suddenly interrupted.

"ACME campus security!" Abby answered.

"Uh huh. Yes, we'll be right there. Okay, Uh huh. Goodbye"

Hanging up the phone, the woman turns to the younger one.

"We've got another one. This time at the student dorms.” The student grabbed her jacket and put it on. The night before, she'd made sure to think ahead.

"What's up" asks Lucy as she follows towards the door.

"Someone has egged a car." Abigail told her.

“Egged a car?”

“Yes, Come on. We'd better go check it out."

It was dark when they walked out of the building. It was a full moon tonight. There were always stories about during a full moon, people acted crazy. More car crashes reported during a full moon and strange incidents. Infact her mom had told her a few stories of weird calls during the shift.

The security office was only a few miles West of the student dorms. On the way, they passed several people with costumes on. ACME’s Halloween party was going to start soon. Lucy had entertained the thought to go, but ultimately dismissed it because of how overwhelming it would be.

ACME had set up Halloween for the public a few days prior in the Lobby. Parents and children could walk through, play games and get treats. The public felt safer coming here than going door to door. A lot of students enjoyed interacting with the little kids and the joy it brought them.

Finally they arrived. The car was a blue Dodge Neon. The windows had been broken in the front driver's side and the back passengers side. Eggs still covered the car. The windshield had a huge crack that spanned the entire thing. Eggs were all over the seats.

A young man stood nearby who looked around 22, short brown hair and blue eyes holding his license.

"I know it was my ex!" He shouts as they approach.

Abigail remained calm. "You have proof?"

"I know she did it!" His voice louder than before.

Suddenly a girl who looked around the same age as the guy walked out and started yelling at him.

"I did not egg your car!"

"You did too! You're just mad because we broke up!"

"You're always telling lies about me!" She screamed back.

"No, I tell the truth!" He stood in front of her now.

Lucy stepped forward. "We need you both to calm down so we can get your information, but if you can't we will have to put the handcuffs on."

The two exchanged glances.

The young detective reached into her black jacket pocket on her left side and brought out a notepad and pen.

"Names?"

After recording their names, she walked to the back of the car, getting the license plate number.

"I swear I didn't do it."

"That's okay, we can look at the security tapes" Abigail answered.

Lucy walked back to Abigail's side. Things got quiet for a moment.

"I did it." She said, looking at the ground.

Abigail looked at the man. “If you want to press charges, we will have to hand this over to the police.”

"Yes, I do want to press charges"

His ex backs up, looking like she might run. Lucy takes the lady by the arm before they can bolt.

"We have you on videotape, and you've admitted to what you did, there's really no point in running."

The student seemingly weighing her options.

Abigail brings out her handcuffs and starts to put them on the suspect while Lucy talks to her.

"I'm going to pat you down. Do you have anything that will poke me?"

“Nope.”

She starts going through the pockets and everything. Sure enough they didn’t find that she had anything. Abigail turns to the young man and asks him if he would please follow them back to security, so another officer can talk to him and he agrees.

“Lucy, you’ve done wonderful with all the cases today. I’m proud of you.”

[end]

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest threads

New Journals

Neutral Grounds
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • I (Guest) invaderhorizongreen:
    I even have the site white listed, for a wild shot can any of you post a new question in the guessing game I had set up
    Quote Link
    I would like to see if that will get my email to ping
    • Interesting
    Reactions: Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
    I know that might just be a shot in the dark but why not try
    Quote Link
  • Tenchi Masaki Tenchi Masaki:
    Sure why not?
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I hope you get it fixed Invader!!
    Reactions: Jade
    Quote Link
  • Dj Inn(Djinn) :
    Dj Inn(Djinn) has left the room.
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Good Morning everybody. I hope you all have a wonderful day :)
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know a group of Jellyfish is called a Smack? -Nat Geo
    Quote Link
    Smack O’ jellies is now a term
    • Haha
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((OOC: So, I am still here (at least, while ACP is still a thing, then I have to tether my phone to my laptop, send it's internet to Ethernet to my router and setup my other laptop to access that... I managed it once totally by accident)... updating stuff I'm working on is not a fun process (if anyone checks my stories folder on my Google Drive) anymore... the laptop at my desk is old (Core 2 Duo, 2Ghz, 4 gigs RAM, Win7 Ultimate)... Chrome won't update, Drive won't work... I'm stuck using FreeFileSync to keep stuff up to datep things synced. I have plans of getting a job and having money to have something better (a doorstop is better)
    • Love
    Reactions: Julie Justice
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    [continuing] I'm sorry if any of my posts are/could be inflammatory or anything... some of them are stuff I've had in the pipeline for a while, and I messed with it enough to get it postable... that's why there are dates showing when I started working on stuff... I'm not, and never have been, trying to step on anyone's toes or say "this is how it should be"... I have no say here, not sure who does these days (like I posted... maybe this is a test to see if we devolve into chaos). Posts like Hierarchy were started long ago, and meant as a guideline and not because I'm the voice of Sauron.
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    [continuing] I don't have the time to be here a whole lot, I don't have much beyond mom to help with my rent (and once I have a job, that'll take up more time, though I will keep working on stuff (both for here and not) as often as possible, and post when possible on here. I have a question that needs some clarification... being that we are supposed to get permission from the person if we use their character in an addition/story/post, how would that apply if the character is core to the universe (like Carmen... I can replace @Chase, maybe cobble someone into @Ivy's place... but, like @Carmen, being that she's a major character, as long as I don't have her acting or write a major part for her, would that circumvent the rule at all?
    • Love
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    [continuing] I'm just curious... the absence of the major's leaves a gap that I'm not sure what to do with anything... we (the Left Behind) could do a story together (or some stories separate), and that'd be cool, but without being able to use any major's, I'm not sure where to take anything. And, yeah... you can probably guess what my typing is like here (or anyplace else)... I type here or in Word, I type something (or notepad), and 15-20+ seconds later it shows up, so I have to stay on top of my grammar and spelling. I have to keep on top of all that, because I'm working on the big Carmen story at the same time, so I can't slip off my game.))
    • Love
    Quote Link
  • Julie Justice Julie Justice:
    @Jon Eckart Not exactly sure if I understand all your computer probs. I hope you get those resolved soon. Yes, I have many probs with my basic Google Chrome, too. I think it's fair to say we all have a love/hate relationship with technology. 😆 As far as your stories are concerned, you can use any cannon character you like, whether there is a person playing that role on here or not. Say the story is a fanfiction; and that the version of Chase, or Carmen (or whoever) from the computer games, gameshow (or whatever). We don't do Netflix Carmen, mostly because of the violence. And because it is fanfiction, you can also create other characters and situations to suit your story. Now, Chase, Carme, Ivy (or whoever) were here, of course, you would ask their permission; tell them your idea; and if they like it they might write it with you. 🙂
    Quote Link
    @Jon Eckart Now, if you for a friendship with someone on--and off-site, you might form a partnership with them, and write stories together (like Chase and Carmen; or Chase and Ivy; or Lucy and I) and then you will just put a statement saying that this story is a co-write with whoever. In fact, if you collaborate with this person a lot, people will just assume they have your permission; although you should always say it anyway, just as a common courtesy. In fact, ironically, the only people whose permission you must always ask to use their characters are "original" characters, who are creations of their individual writers (which most of us on here, are) specifically because we are not cannon. I hope that makes sense. 🙂
    Quote Link
    @Jon Eckart Now, if you want to write something, but don't have a lot of time, I would suggest posting a status; or replying to someone else's status. Or you could start a guessing game. Look under Forums/Guessing Games, and look at some things other people have done, to give you ideas. I hope that helps. 🙂
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know that the Mockingbird is the state bird of 5 states? Florida, Arkansas, Mississippi, Tennessee, and Texas.
    Quote Link
    It seems the Mock-5 is unstoppable... Go Speed Go!
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I just heard on the news they're going to have to remove the Sakura trees in Washington because of damage to a sea wall. They have to build a sea wall and replant new trees.
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    They were a gift from the mayor of Tokyo!
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Okay wait. Only 158 of the 2,500 have to be taken down. They are also taking clippings from the cut down trees to propagate new ones
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Is everyone ready for the solar eclipse on April 8th, 2024? :)
    Quote Link
  • Invader Invader:
    yes
    Quote Link
    Affirmative
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    I’m staying inside
    Quote Link