Intro Part 2: Quid Pro Quo

Ivy

Commander
Best answers
0
Known Aliases
Iv', Ives
Color #
008080
Ivy paced down the riveted steel floors of the Hong Kong Police Department's detainment facility. The hall was lit, one pulse at a time by iron glazed pendant lights that hung from an exposed ceiling. She wore only dark grey, a tank top covered by a one button blazer and stove-cut pants. All ACME agents under the Hong Kong division wore the same ashy shade. The color was chosen to build equality among all ranks and to make them instantly distinguished from other local law enforcement. Ivy could stand to be a little less distinguished. Sure, she certainly wasn't the only foreigner here, but at 5'9 without heels, she was the tallest in the room.

"Here he is." An HKPD officer in bright blue showed her to a sealed door with a Plexiglas window.

Through it, she saw a man with dark hair and an orange leisure suit. She recognized him as Lars Vegas, one of Carmen's more flamboyant henchmen. He sat nervously on a chair twiddling his thumbs.

"That's him." Ivy said definitively as she stepped away from the door, then motioned to have it opened.

Lars straitened himself momentarily when he heard the door. "Ivy?! Well you're a blast from the past!" the henchman's accent was exaggerated, but to anyone who knows him, this was the norm.

"You might want to save the small talk, Lars. Want to tell me why you were trying to get into Macau?"

"Lights? Luck? Cash?"

"How about... Probation?" Ivy flipped through the manila folder on the desk. "You're not supposed to go anywhere within a hundred miles of a casino. This is calling for Jail time, Lars."

"Woah, woah now... could I maybe, hmm... cut a deal?"

"I'm shocked to hear you say that." She said flatly, "But you're going to have to do really good to get out of this one."

"Eh? How good?"

"How about telling us what Carmen is up to?"

"Hey, I was supposed to be following my best buddy Vic, and then he ditches me for some fuzzy haired kid. I don't know what they're up to now."

"Sorry Lars, I guess it's back to the High Desert Prison for you..."

"Wait!" Lars Vegas looked around, and then lowered his voice, "What if I told you I saw Lee Jordan, and I have a good idea of where he'll be in Macau..."

Lee Jordan? Ivy thought. The idea that Lee Jordan was back in the game made her very angry. After all, he betrayed ACME, kidnapped an innocent man, and if memory serves, he tried to kill her. Twice.

Ivy's eyes narrowed and she placed her palms on the table, bending down slightly to get Lars's attention. "Tell me everything you know. Now."
 

Latest posts

Latest threads

New Journals

Neutral Grounds
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • L :
    Guest LavernaS has joined the room.
  • L (Guest) LavernaS:
    Hey I lost access to here. My email is messlingkiddo2@Gmail.com if you want to reach me
    • Like
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Laverna I'm sure the admin could fix that :) maybe
    Quote Link
  • Charlet Charlet:
    I'm. Back in
    Quote Link
  • Charlet Charlet:
    Well as charlet
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    yay you got back in :)
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    but also....is @Tenchi Masaki doing okay? :(
    Quote Link
  • Tenchi Masaki Tenchi Masaki:
    Well yes actually. I was sick(lost my voice) and now I'm better and on vacation @Lucy
    • Love
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    This has been bugging me for days.... what is with the military/ ACME and the acronyms?
    Quote Link
  • Deric Storm Deric Storm:
    IDK. WDYM
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I rest my case, your honor.
    Quote Link
  • Tenchi Masaki Tenchi Masaki:
    ACME were peacekeepers in the world wars
    • Wow
    Reactions: Jade
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I must have either forgotten something again with my horrible memory problems or not seen that part of the site. Tenchi :D
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Unrelated question....are political questions allowed? Also really confused why people keep calling the U.S. a democracy when we are supposed to be a Republic....
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Sorry....noted. no political questions sorry again...
    Quote Link
  • Deric Storm Deric Storm:
    Lucy said:
    Unrelated question....are political questions allowed? Also really confused why people keep calling the U.S. a democracy when we are supposed to be a Republic....
    Define "political questions". Also, we are a constitutional Republic with Democratically elected representation. I will argue until my dying day that the greatest thing the Founding Fathers created was the Electoral College
    • Like
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Ohh. Ohh. I just learned something new today by gardening. I am growing bush beans, never done them before. I wondered why the bean pods were popping open. So I took a picture and googled it. Come to find out that's the FLOWER! Apparently it has to flower first before the beans come in. Lul 😆 🤣
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    This is what other generations mean by we are so far removed from our food.
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Oh my God. I am still shaking in my boots. I talked to someome higher up the chains of command than my director. I don't know how high though. Wow....that was really scary....
    Quote Link
  • B :
    Guest Birdy has joined the room.
  • B (Guest) Birdy:
    Hellooooooooooo there... Uhh, I don't really know what's going on, I'm just here for the avatar maker to make my oc Daisy lol
    Quote Link
  • B (Guest) Birdy:
    That sounds so threatening. “ Birdy has joined the room ”. Ah yes, these people have yet to see the sheer terror I shall release upon them. They will never see it coming! MWUAHAHAHAHA! Oh, and don't forget, may the odds be ever in your favor!
    Quote Link
  • B (Guest) Birdy:
    The plethora of references I have saved in my clipboard are ready for action. Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego? Here comes Bluestar, and her mighty blueness!Hyrule is in danger! RUN!!!May the odds be ever in your favor!They're taking the Hobbits to Isengard!To Isengard, to Isengard, to Isengard, to Isengard...Fire is catching, and if we burn, you burn with us!Garfield disapproves.This reminds me of a puzzle!Every puzzle has an answer!Are you, are you, coming to the tree?MEEENEEEE MIRRORRRRROrange like Effie's hair?One does not simply...Now, before you leave my castle forever, tell me...Are you a Faithful, or are you a Traitor?No, like a sunset kinda orange.You have been eliminated from The Amazing Race.The tribe has spoken. Time for you to go_OHHH waffle time it's waffle time, won't you have some waffles of mine? These poor people, I am so sorry for whoever gets on here next and sees all of this.
    Quote Link
  • B (Guest) Birdy:
    OH NO, THE ENFORCERS ARE COMING!THE STARCH KOLA IS A BIOHAZARD OF CARBONATED CHEMICALS!The blood moon rises once again. Please be careful, Link.Well, EXCUUUUUUUUUUUSE ME, PRINCESS.
    Quote Link
  • Charlet Charlet:
    ???
    Quote Link
    Charlet Charlet: ???
    Top