Chase

Director
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Boss (situational)
Color #
((I'll put the date here as soon as I figure out when this was made, but I'm guessing 2009))

[Continues from: Archive - Roll With It]

Rating: PG

Who: Anyone
What: Early morning and a Porsche Cayman
Where: ACME Headquarters, San Francisco

The dawn of a rather peaceful Saturday gleamed with pristine hues of rose and peach against the San Francisco horizon. Clouds gathered sparingly, enough to reflect the warm light of the rising sun, but not enough to dull the morning's painted sky. All Chase Devineaux could see amidst the perfect picture was the glint of a golden skyscraper -- The ACME Compound, and his destination.

Having driven all night in a once fully functional Porsche Cayman, he had more on his mind than present scenery. Hours ago, this Cayman was in the desert, gliding through rocks and brush at high speeds. He won't consider the details now, but the car suffered, it needed a mechanic.

The ties screamed in protest as the vehicle spun around a solid curve and up the ramps of the only place that Devineaux knew would handle a Porsche Cayman this hour of the weekend.

E. Mayhew

Inspector
Best answers
An early Saturday morning wasn't the time to usually find not just one but two agents in the garages of ACME. Due to her circumstances Melissa Wayward had access to the garages at anytime and her own corner to work in which she lovingly referred to as her office. Missy was known for working on the cars in the shop and this morning would be nothing different.

Hearing the sounds of wheels entering and a slightly pained engine noise Melissa looked up from her job, placing the tool in hand down and walking towards the sound. What her eyes were finally greeted with would have made even the most cold hearted mechanic cry. Who would have abused such a beautiful car in such a way?

"...Mr. Devineaux?"

Nevon

ACME
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Color #
6a99a6
[OOC: Holy moly! That Porsche is awesome!]

Nevon Blair flew in from a recent case where he almost lost two diamond studded earrings that belonged to the wife of a historical Russian Tsar. Nevon transferred from the Seattle branch of ACME to San Francisco. He has been here a little over a year. Saturday was his favorite day so far.

Back in Seattle, Blair was an accountant, and not even the kind that worked on crunching the important numbers like salaries and budgets. Nope, Nevon was an accountant's assistant. For the most part of being in Seattle, he became very familiar with the city's Starbuck's locations and how to work a cappuccino machine in case of emergency.

In San Francisco, Nev decided he wanted something different. At the transfer form, he requested to be working in field. Only a selected amount of agents got field work, and even fewer got titles. Nevon got what he wanted, but he was a starting at zero as a rookie.

Before heading inside the building, Nevon passed a few yards from the garage. The sound of a sports car and screeching tires made him look up. His jaw dropped wide open at the sight of a 2006 Porsche Cayman.

Then the lady near him said "Mr. Devineaux?" and Nevon stepped back. THE Devineaux? Saturdays just got better!

"Word…" Nevon muttered.

Chase

Director
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Boss (situational)
Color #
Once silver, the Porsche Cayman rumbled under thick fine dirt that clung tenaciously to the deep scars throughout its body. Chase Devineaux parked the car. As the key left the ignition, the engine made its final groan then turned nearly silent, leaving a muffled pinging as it died.

Unable to exit from either door, the detective broke the glass of the passenger side and maneuvered through. Removing himself from the Porsche with relative ease, Chase assessed visible damages. Dulled with sand were the once large, bright headlights; one was broken along with much of the driver's side. Of the three, only the interior rearview mirror remained, and the back of the vehicle, along with the license plate, was unrecognizable.

That was some night... He thought while another version of what happened was being written in his head.

Turning to acknowledge Melissa and Nevon, Devineaux looked around for anyone else before asking, "Where's the mechanic?"

E. Mayhew

Inspector
Best answers
The question had been direct however the reaction to it was a bit delayed as Missy continued to eye the Porsche, jaw now having dropped. The initial reaction to the car was being reconfirmed and now intensified as she was able to look at it closer up, viewing the greater damage past the desert sand which clung to the frame.

If asked she would have explained that she had not seen damage this bad to a car this beautiful since First Sargent Williamson had been caught cheating on his girlfriend Carrie... he's had the prettiest little four wheel drive and she'd dug her key into the side of it, carved her name into his italian leather seats and oh god, the memories of what it looked like when she'd finished with that Louisville Slugger.

"Mack and Johnny have the day off, Tony's not in until noon, Will's due at nine but for him that means nine thirty and Dick ran to grab some coffee, he'll be right back" she finally answered, walking around the car once, still taking in the damage.

Knowing the course of action Dick would be taking once he returned Missy grabbed the handle of the driver's side and gave a hard tug, managing to get the door open though she was pretty sure it wouldn't close properly again until it was fixed. She reached in and placed the car into neutral, then looked to Nevon. His presence in the garage came as a bit of a surprise since not many just came down to the garages simply to take in the view. It had been her experience that if you were in the garage you were expected to work and Nevon would be no exception.

"...Hey, Buddy. Since you're here you mind helping me push this car to the mechanic lift?"

Finally her eyes looked up to Chase.

"Are you alright?" Obviously the question was justified as the car would give anyone something bad to assume. Then again there were stories about Chase's abilities. The stories floating around about this ACME legend could almost give the iconic Detective Carmen Sandiego a run for her money.

Nevon

ACME
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Color #
6a99a6
Still in awe, Nevon stood perfectly still. In front of him was Chase Devineaux and a Porsche Cayman. This was a glimpse into what the toughest guys in ACME were doing to save the world. Chase Devineaux AND a Porsche Cayman! Blair was a few degrees from being stupid happy the way he was when his dad got him a skateboard for his 12th birthday. Understandingly, gifts that came after weren't quite as awesome. Missy called him "Buddy" and Nevon started up. Help, oh right! Sure! I'm going to get to TOUCH a Porsche… Happily in his moment, Nev found quickly that a Porsche was just as heavy as any other car and he struggled to push it up the ramp.

Chase

Director
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Boss (situational)
Color #
Miss_Guided said: "Mack and Johnny have the day off, Tony's not in until noon, Will's due at nine but for him that means nine thirty and Dick ran to grab some coffee, he'll be right back" she finally answered, walking around the car once, still taking in the damage.
Great, Mack and Johnny were the two people Chase Devineaux hoped he would find. They knew how to make the least amount of noise when it came to unmarked damages on officially unofficial vehicles. As soon as Dick the head mechanic returned, the detective must have a solid story prepared. Then, despite all efforts, Chief will hear of this.

Miss_Guided said: Finally her eyes looked up to Chase. "Are you alright?"
"Hmm," he nodded, only hearing the last word of her question. Any lingering thought dissipated when he saw Nevon struggling to push the car.

"Don't break your back, Nevon." Moving to a decent spot, Devineaux helped urge the Cayman forward and up the ramp. "Thanks kid, you can go now… And, do me a favor, keep quiet about what you saw this morning."

On that instruction, he shot Melissa a smile. "Might I trust you with the same favor?"

E. Mayhew

Inspector
Best answers
While the boys pushed the car from behind Missy had been doing the same to a lesser degree from her place walking along at the open driver's side, her shoulder braced against the doorframe while her hand gripped the steering wheel and made sure that it would be lined up correctly. Once the car stopped and as Chase spoke to Nevon she stepped back to look at its position on the lowered treds of Lift 4. If it wasn't the way it should be it would have to be corrected, however she wouldn't have asked the two present to fix it even if it was.

Which it wasn't. Nice.

Turning herself back to the two present agents she was caught unaware by Chase's smile and question.

Chase said:
"Might I trust you with the same favor?"
The sudden attention caught her in a half smile, her eyebrows raised with a look that said 'You don't deserve a car this beautiful, even if you ARE a legend.' Obviously her reaction was FAR from being as suave as the question.

"Sure?" she muttered out, before coughing and trying to make herself sound better. "I mean... no problem."

'Slick.' she told herself. 'REAL slick.'

Caught without a way to defer attention from her less than graceful responce she looked to the only other presence in the garage, which happened to be 'Buddy'. What had Chase called him? He'd used a name... Nick... Nebo... Nevon... Nevon!

"Hey, uh, Nevon, thanks for helping with the car..."

Nevon

ACME
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Color #
6a99a6
Chase said:
"Don't break your back, Nevon." Moving to a decent spot, Devineaux helped urge the Cayman forward and up the ramp. "Thanks kid, you can go now… And, do me a favor, keep quiet about what you saw this morning."
After putting the car where it should go, Nevon stood like a dummy in the ACME garage. Chase Devineaux knew his name. He said it! He said "Nevon" without needing to ask or anything. Chase Devineaux knows MY name...

"I won't say anything sir," Nevon replied enthusiastically, "I won't say anything, to anyone, not to my girlfriend, not to my parents, sir, nobody, I saw nothing." That was kind of shameless, and Nev felt like he over did it. Thankfully, Missy stepped in to answer Chase's question to her. Although she was clearly more professional, she was caught off guard too, and it made Nevon less nervous.

"I have the day off," he said at the end of the conversation, "and I've never been in the car shop... can I stay?"

Chase

Director
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Boss (situational)
Color #
Asking for such an obvious secret to remain under wraps was mere formality. Chase Devineaux took little time to consider Nevon's request.

"Sure, stay." Then, as the thought of a long day ahead weighed together with having driven all night, Chase continued, "Do you mind getting me coffee? I need three shots of espresso, no sugar, no cream."

A short moment of silence appeared as Devineaux considered the credibility of his made-up story. This was potentially the worst damage control ever attempted. Before the pause became uncomfortably long, the detective conformed to courtesy and turned to Missy Wayward.

"Melissa, would you like anything?"

E. Mayhew

Inspector
Best answers
Standing to the side of Chase now Missy raised an eyebrow as he granted access to Nevon to the garage. Chase Devineaux was indeed a high ranking ACME agent, a legend in his own field however all of the mechanics, from Nicky to Dick would be quick to explain something that would make Mr. Devineaux's granting that request impossible.

Agents do not hold rank in the garage.

When a car needs to be fixed it does not matter if you can catch the world's most notorious crook, if you can travel time without breaking a sweat. Might is made by who can do the best job and who runs the shop. It would be in her best interest not to say anything about it but Dick would be confused to say the least when he returned.

Chase said: "Melissa, would you like anything?"
Her eyebrow dropped quickly and she blinked.

"Nah, I'm fine." Also she was pretty sure Dick would be bringing something for her on his way back.

Nevon

ACME
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Color #
6a99a6
Nevon's face lit up when Chase said he could stay. Then he took the order, kind of did a salute, then ran off to the coffee shop.

On his way out, he thought about the look he saw on Missy's face. Everybody at ACME worked together like gears in a machine. It was weird to see what went on this morning. He held ACME's top agents as cool and smart. They took cases beyond hackers and thieves.

This morning, Chase Devineaux came to the garage looking almost as beaten up as his Porsche Cayman. And Nevon was asked to not say anything. The rookie thought this was the highest privilege, but he had some doubt. What if he got himself into more than he bargained for?

"You want to order now?" Asked the guy behind the coffee shop counter.

"Em, I'll take a caramel latte with extra cream… No wait!" Nevon said quickly, "I want an espresso, 2 shots, with nothing. Make that on the double, my orders are for Chase Devineaux, got all that?"

The coffee guy scoffed and said something like "whatever, creep" under his breath then went on with the order.

Latest posts

Latest threads

New Journals

Neutral Grounds
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((So... is it me or does the board not process double-space between sentences as double-space? Kinda bugs me, but I'll live))
    Quote Link
  • I :
    Guest invaderhorizongreen has joined the room.
  • I (Guest) invaderhorizongreen:
    Deric Storm said:
    Invader, have you checked your spam folder. Sometimes, I've had password reset emails go in there
    yes I have checked spam nothing
    Quote Link
    I even have the site white listed, for a wild shot can any of you post a new question in the guessing game I had set up
    Quote Link
    I would like to see if that will get my email to ping
    • Interesting
    Reactions: Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
    I know that might just be a shot in the dark but why not try
    Quote Link
  • Tenchi Masaki Tenchi Masaki:
    Sure why not?
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I hope you get it fixed Invader!!
    Reactions: Jade
    Quote Link
  • Dj Inn(Djinn) :
    Dj Inn(Djinn) has left the room.
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Good Morning everybody. I hope you all have a wonderful day :)
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know a group of Jellyfish is called a Smack? -Nat Geo
    Quote Link
    Smack O’ jellies is now a term
    • Haha
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((OOC: So, I am still here (at least, while ACP is still a thing, then I have to tether my phone to my laptop, send it's internet to Ethernet to my router and setup my other laptop to access that... I managed it once totally by accident)... updating stuff I'm working on is not a fun process (if anyone checks my stories folder on my Google Drive) anymore... the laptop at my desk is old (Core 2 Duo, 2Ghz, 4 gigs RAM, Win7 Ultimate)... Chrome won't update, Drive won't work... I'm stuck using FreeFileSync to keep stuff up to datep things synced. I have plans of getting a job and having money to have something better (a doorstop is better)
    • Love
    Reactions: Julie Justice
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    [continuing] I'm sorry if any of my posts are/could be inflammatory or anything... some of them are stuff I've had in the pipeline for a while, and I messed with it enough to get it postable... that's why there are dates showing when I started working on stuff... I'm not, and never have been, trying to step on anyone's toes or say "this is how it should be"... I have no say here, not sure who does these days (like I posted... maybe this is a test to see if we devolve into chaos). Posts like Hierarchy were started long ago, and meant as a guideline and not because I'm the voice of Sauron.
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    [continuing] I don't have the time to be here a whole lot, I don't have much beyond mom to help with my rent (and once I have a job, that'll take up more time, though I will keep working on stuff (both for here and not) as often as possible, and post when possible on here. I have a question that needs some clarification... being that we are supposed to get permission from the person if we use their character in an addition/story/post, how would that apply if the character is core to the universe (like Carmen... I can replace @Chase, maybe cobble someone into @Ivy's place... but, like @Carmen, being that she's a major character, as long as I don't have her acting or write a major part for her, would that circumvent the rule at all?
    • Love
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    [continuing] I'm just curious... the absence of the major's leaves a gap that I'm not sure what to do with anything... we (the Left Behind) could do a story together (or some stories separate), and that'd be cool, but without being able to use any major's, I'm not sure where to take anything. And, yeah... you can probably guess what my typing is like here (or anyplace else)... I type here or in Word, I type something (or notepad), and 15-20+ seconds later it shows up, so I have to stay on top of my grammar and spelling. I have to keep on top of all that, because I'm working on the big Carmen story at the same time, so I can't slip off my game.))
    • Love
    Quote Link
  • Julie Justice Julie Justice:
    @Jon Eckart Not exactly sure if I understand all your computer probs. I hope you get those resolved soon. Yes, I have many probs with my basic Google Chrome, too. I think it's fair to say we all have a love/hate relationship with technology. 😆 As far as your stories are concerned, you can use any cannon character you like, whether there is a person playing that role on here or not. Say the story is a fanfiction; and that the version of Chase, or Carmen (or whoever) from the computer games, gameshow (or whatever). We don't do Netflix Carmen, mostly because of the violence. And because it is fanfiction, you can also create other characters and situations to suit your story. Now, Chase, Carme, Ivy (or whoever) were here, of course, you would ask their permission; tell them your idea; and if they like it they might write it with you. 🙂
    Quote Link
    @Jon Eckart Now, if you for a friendship with someone on--and off-site, you might form a partnership with them, and write stories together (like Chase and Carmen; or Chase and Ivy; or Lucy and I) and then you will just put a statement saying that this story is a co-write with whoever. In fact, if you collaborate with this person a lot, people will just assume they have your permission; although you should always say it anyway, just as a common courtesy. In fact, ironically, the only people whose permission you must always ask to use their characters are "original" characters, who are creations of their individual writers (which most of us on here, are) specifically because we are not cannon. I hope that makes sense. 🙂
    Quote Link
    @Jon Eckart Now, if you want to write something, but don't have a lot of time, I would suggest posting a status; or replying to someone else's status. Or you could start a guessing game. Look under Forums/Guessing Games, and look at some things other people have done, to give you ideas. I hope that helps. 🙂
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know that the Mockingbird is the state bird of 5 states? Florida, Arkansas, Mississippi, Tennessee, and Texas.
    Quote Link
    It seems the Mock-5 is unstoppable... Go Speed Go!
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I just heard on the news they're going to have to remove the Sakura trees in Washington because of damage to a sea wall. They have to build a sea wall and replant new trees.
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    They were a gift from the mayor of Tokyo!
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Okay wait. Only 158 of the 2,500 have to be taken down. They are also taking clippings from the cut down trees to propagate new ones
    Quote Link
    Lucy Lucy: Okay wait. Only 158 of the 2,500 have to be taken down. They are also taking clippings from the...