Laverna

Goddess of thieves
Best answers
Known Aliases
Ferret
Brat
Bonnie Parker
Bon park
Chief raced after Detective Sandiego as she fled down the stairs. His metal body clanked with each step.

"Where are we going?" he asked, not needing to catch his breath. At seventeen, Carmen was already acme’s top detective, her mind sharper than any adult's. Acme had plucked her from the orphanage at eleven, molding her into a prodigy. He had joined in 1985, to help her catch Gunnar Maelstrom, a marine biologist gone mad with a plan to steal the Titanic.

Maelstrom had sneered at her, called her a thief, just as they closed in. But now, two years later, he feared he was losing her. .The noise sounded like alarms to Carmen, making her search everywhere for an escape. Her beige hat nearly flew off her head as she skipped multiple sets of stairs. "Carmen, come back!" Chief cried out as he searched for her..

She had bigger things to escape than this building, bigger things than Acme itself. She had outgrown the girl who caught Maelstrom.She yanked open the door, leading to the back alley; she longed to vanish into the San Francisco night, never to be seen again. She couldn't afford to, not after her last failure made the cover of the local newspaper. She had been caught red-handed with a purse on her arm. She was so stupid; she had been caught stealing. But it wasn't about the purse. It was about the thrill, the power. A taste of what she would have when she ran things. Maelstrom had craved infamy; now, so did she. Her eyes, those piercing blue eyes that had captivated him since her first day at Acme, scanned the area. Her skin glistened with a sheen of sweat as she bolted for a hidden spot. She quickly climbed up a fire escape to wait for the chief to give up his pursuit. She held her breath, trying to let the June night masquerade her from the robot. Her Acme badge fell from her belt, landing softly in a pile of leaves. She fought back a gasp. She would miss this, miss the simplicity of being a detective. But she was meant for more. She was meant to be a queen

"Come on, we can fix this, Carmen. Acme is your family; our family. If you just come back and say you're sorry, I'm sure the higher-ups will forgive you." He explained. He looked behind a rusty dumpster before pacing back and forth. He was worried sick. Why was she acting like a criminal today? Chief found himself confused about why humans changed so rapidly. He didn't get it. This was just the beginning. When he joined Acme, he had hoped to protect her, to be a father figure. But now, he feared he had lost her to the very darkness they had once fought.

"Are you seriously thinking they would forgive me for shoplifting?" Carmen rebutted, revealing herself to him. She smirked down at him. Her face wasn't loving or sweet like he remembered her usually being when they played little games to kill time waiting for another case to solve. That girl was gone. A woman had taken her place. A woman forged in the fire of Acme's expectations and the danger of men like Maelstrom.

"You're acting off; I don't like it." the chief complained as he started his ascent to reach Carmen. He would reach her any minute, and then he could calm her down. Although the angry Sandiego seemed to have other plans about calming down. Plans that would change everything. Plans that would shatter the image Acme had so carefully crafted. The image he had sworn to protect.

"Why bother?" Carmen asked before sitting on the railing. She recklessly leaned back over the railing. She smiled as the wind whipped through her long hair. She was meant to walk the thin line between right and wrong, not play by the rules. She was meant to make the rules. Maelstrom had thought the same, and look where it got him. But Carmen would not be caught so easily.

"Please, don't jump," Chief muttered, clenching his jaw as he visualized Carmen jumping to her doom. The image of her lifeless body broken into a thousand pieces beyond repair hurt. He shook his head before cautiously stepping closer to his partner. He didn't get it. He never would. He still saw the little girl Acme had adopted. But that little girl was dead. The woman before him now was a stranger, a foe perhaps.

The unusual laughter she did sounded like a hyena; "you think I'm going to end it here.?" she asked. She stood up on the railing; her body weight swinging as she regained her balance. She pretended to step off while making intense eye contact with the chief. Fear flickered in his eyes. Good. He should be afraid. They would all be afraid soon enough.

."Stop, this isn't funny." He yelped about ready to call headquarters for backup. She was beyond their help now. She was beyond his help.

"Go ahead and call. Tell them I came back throwing a tantrum because I wasn't allowed to steal a purse." She mocked as she walked like a cat on the rail. A wicked look flashed in her eyes. They would soon learn her name. They would soon tremble at the mention of Carmen Sandiego.

"All this over a purse?" Chief raised an eyebrow. He still didn't get it.

"Of course not." She boasted. "I'm tired of being goodie two shoes; I always wanted a bad reputation, and it's fun to scare people." But it was more than that. It was about control, respect, and soon, much more. It was about power. And she would stop at nothing to get it. Acme had taught her well. But now, she would use those lessons against them. Maelstrom had been a fool. But Carmen would not be outsmarted

Jade

ACME
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Jade
Color #
0099FF
Wow, Laverna, that would have been in the episode of Where on Earth is Carmen Sandiego? How Carmen Sandiego became a thief.

Laverna

Goddess of thieves
Best answers
Known Aliases
Ferret
Brat
Bonnie Parker
Bon park
Wow, Laverna, that would have been in the episode of Where on Earth is Carmen Sandiego? How Carmen Sandiego became a thief.
This is something i have been wanting to write for a while now.

Laverna

Goddess of thieves
Best answers
Known Aliases
Ferret
Brat
Bonnie Parker
Bon park
I'm thinking of adding more to this

Laverna

Goddess of thieves
Best answers
Known Aliases
Ferret
Brat
Bonnie Parker
Bon park
Chief's worst fears bubbled to the surface as Carmen lost her footing on the fire escape railing. ."In an instant, she found herself clinging to it for dear life. "Chief! Help me!" she screamed, her energy spent from her rampage.
He rushed to her side, effortlessly pulling her back over the railing. Holding her close, he tried to calm her down. "Let's just forget this happened for now. But I have to ask, what was in that purse?" Chief muttered.
Exhaustion kept her leaning against Chief's robotic body, preventing her from pulling away. "I'll tell you in the morning," she rasped, her voice hoarse from the anguished screaming. "But it's irreplaceable

Carmen tried to bolt, her long strides eating up the distance. But Chief's programming allowed him to keep pace, his grip on her arm unyielding. "Stop resisting," he said, a hint of dry humor in his voice, a stark contrast to the worry gnawing at his circuits. He needed to get her back to the Acme Detective Agency, to reassure her that this slip didn't define her. Yet, she squirmed and laughed, the thrill of the chase sparking in her eyes.
To Chief, it was like wrangling a defiant toddler, albeit one with the cunning of a seasoned detective. "No fair, tin man," she shot back, her voice muffled as he hoisted her effortlessly over his shoulder. His purple bow tie fluttered as he moved, his blonde hair perfectly in place despite the commotion. "I'm taking you home, Carmen." He sighed, the weight of her actions settling heavily in his chest. She was a wildcat, and eventually, his grasp would fail. And with it, his purpose.
Carmen went limp, her silence more potent than any struggle. He could have used cuffs, but that would have been a blow she might not recover from. Instead, he carried her home, a runaway cop, the irony bitter. His screen flickered with images of their past cases, a painful reminder of what they once were. "I'm not a child," she muttered, her head rolling against his shoulder as sleep claimed her. "Then don't act like one," he retorted, the words hollow. He wished it were a phase, a blip before she rediscovered her footing. But as he looked down at the woman who had once been his partner in every sense, he realized the truth. Carmen wasn't slipping – she was decaying, her morals and values rotting away, consumed by the very villainy she once fought. And he was losing his grip, his reason for being slipping through

Jade

ACME
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Jade
Color #
0099FF
Laverna, this story is pretty good so far, I remember reading the tale of the hat about how Carmen got that red hat written by a fanfic writer Green Lion, I read that several times few years ago at fanfiction.net.

Laverna

Goddess of thieves
Best answers
Known Aliases
Ferret
Brat
Bonnie Parker
Bon park
Laverna, this story is pretty good so far, I remember reading the tale of the hat about how Carmen got that red hat written by a fanfic writer Green Lion, I read that several times few years ago at fanfiction.net.
This story was a one shot. There will be no more on it

Latest posts

Latest threads

New Journals

Neutral Grounds
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Q: Why did the brother strawberry cry? – Because his mom was in a jam!
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    anybody have any fresh conspiracies for the ACME board? That was fun :)
    Quote Link
    Lucy Lucy: anybody have any fresh conspiracies for the ACME board? That was fun :)