[Chat Log] Nov-Dec 2019

systemcat

Visitor From Another AU
Best answers
Honestly the drawing is so simple I don't think it's worth uploading to DA about. Heck, over there when I'm done writing Shattered and have uploaded it. I'm sure no one over there will give it a chance in reading it. It's because people here might read the connecting story. That's why I'd like to share the image. While a few attempts were given yesterday. Maybe it was just the forum glitching? I'll be trying again after this message has been posted. Julie, I don't think Jon has any interest at all in reading what I've done and what I'm currently working on. After I'm through my writing session for today, I'll be starting to dive into his work but I don't think there is interest ... this isn't new to me ?.

systemcat

Visitor From Another AU
Best answers
@Jon Eckart I just read the first listing in your Google Drive site. The only content I avoided was the scanned in pages since they appear to be what the short was based from. Do you want the review here or in a PM?

Jon Eckart

ACME detective
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Jon, Jonny, J (single letter), JE (pronounced 'G')
Color #
00A885
@systemcat Yeah, the scanned pages are ancient, mainly there for just purely historical value. I would be interested in looking at your works, I just don't know where to go to look other than here. So you know, the dates on my stuff that has them are accurate... I've been writing stuff since 2nd grade (class of '02 in real life). Being most of my stuff isn't Carmen, PM is probably best... and, I won't hold negative reviews against you... opinions are good for helping refine writing. Just out of curiosity, what do you use for the graphics... a Wacom tablet or just some careful mouse work?

Jon Eckart

ACME detective
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Jon, Jonny, J (single letter), JE (pronounced 'G')
Color #
00A885
@systemcat I'm still kind of curious why your uploads didn't work... that's just weird, but if Tenchi got it work, cool. Maybe we should have someone try random formats or file sizes or combinations and see if there is some limit we don't know about. Also, I would appreciate it if you didn't falsely call me out like that... I am interested in seeing another person's work(s), and just because I'm not here all the time (having a hundred tabs open) doesn't mean I'm not interested or only looking for people to approve only my stuff or something... I always have something open in Word and am working on it.

systemcat

Visitor From Another AU
Best answers
@Jon Eckart I could tell it had to have been a really early shot at writing a story. I'll send a PM. Drawing is done with a Gaomon tablet but for the longest time it was a Wacom one. This change over in hardware is even something I've lightly blogged about in this forum. The software in use is mainly Clip Studio but other software to a lesser extent is used like Bryce, PaintStar and Gimp. My .sig links over to my DA account where 99.9% of the series work can be found. Only a single short is hosted elsewhere. Do you need a reading guide in a nutshell on the whole or one with focus to where the CS fandom is used in it? ( Bare in mind I wrote that here and more has been added since that post. )

systemcat

Visitor From Another AU
Best answers
I don't know why the forum seems to have an on and off again problem with me uploading. The cover art pieces and Sarah Nade concept, those were all larger. Also unrelated to this chat about the forum's media section. I have been producing comic pages, they just haven't been uploaded yet.

Latest posts

Latest threads

New Journals

Neutral Grounds
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Is everyone ready for the solar eclipse on April 8th, 2024? :)
    Quote Link
  • Invader Invader:
    yes
    Quote Link
  • Tenchi Masaki Tenchi Masaki:
    Affirmative
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    I’m staying inside
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I just found a wolf spider in my house. :D
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    one of the GOOD spiders you want around because they eat all the really bad bugs in the house. We put them outside :)
    Reactions: Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know there are over 400 species of parrots in the world??
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know David Attenborough was knighted twice? First in 1985, and again in 2002
    • Wow
    • Interesting
    Reactions: Jade and Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    @Lucy ... don't know if you really want wolf spiders in your home... I'd go for jumping spiders, they can't bite... wolf spiders are the fast movers, and they can bite.
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    And, jumpers are cute
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((Will lose my ACP internet towards the end of the month, unless anyone knows about it ending sooner. Trying to switch my Lifeline phone to a better provider that doesn't shut me off after four and a half gigs of data, nothing but failure so far and "call here" and "it's on their end" and the back and forth crap... in the morning, it's time to demand the supervisor and might even get to harsh language (after three days of that). I plan to use the Lifeline phone tethered as Internet source, share that to my own router... I've done it before (it's messy, and not 100% effective, but it works). ))
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((The 'net is the main way to apply for jobs now, so I need that, and I've moved/changed Lifeline providers before without an issue, so no idea what the problem is. I have active Verizon through ACP, active Lifeline through Airtalk... is that somehow the issue? If anyone knows, please let me know before I tear someone a new one (ya know what I mean). After three days of this, and two days about a month ago, I'm ready to walk there with katana in hand.))
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((And, thoughout this process, I want to port my number (have the info for that) and use the phone I have (Samsung Galaxy S9... gotten for free through Airtalk... note to anyone: if you choose a nice phone through them, you are locked into a 120 day "commitment" to get the phone for free, and they have a very hard data limit... once you use up your data, they cut you off, point blank.))
    Quote Link
    Jon Eckart Jon Eckart: ((And, thoughout this process, I want to port my number (have the info for that) and use the...