Carmen Sandiego: the Musical!

Best answers
Known Aliases
Spring-Heeled Jack,
Alright, so I got a few scenes of a Carmen Sandiego musical bouncing around in my head, so to clear them out, as I think of them I'll put them here. They probably won't even be close to in order, but hey, this is just a mental doodle. With that said, here's the opening number, set to a tune that's probably very familiar to most of you:

Well, she sneaks around the world from Kiev to Carolina
She's a sticky-fingered filcher from Berlin down to Belize
And everybody knows that there’s no other thief that’s finer
But tell me who in the world is Carmen Sandiego?

Do you know just how she got her start, or maybe where she calls her hometown?
How she knows all that she knows, and why she does it at all?
Or maybe how it is that VILE knows how to turn ACMEs into patsies?
Tell me who in the world is Carmen Sandiego?

You see her life is a mystery, a shadowy history
But here now for you it will finally be shown

She’s a ragamuffin toughened up by too much time on grimy streets then she
Was placed in a state run school for orphaned girls of Golden Gate
She was so smart a part as ACME detective got given by directive
Oh, tell me who in the world?(And tell me who will she be?)

Got started at thirteen and shook up the whole scene
Embraces hard cases, a genius, this gumshoe

[SPOKEN (after the weird roar thing)]
And that’s how Carmen Sandiego began, an orphan girl from the streets of San Francisco, no memory of her parents and no prospects, but a brilliant mind and a keen eye, enough to definitely warrant a second look. And someone gave her that second look at the age of 13, someone who needed a person with her obvious skills and natural talents: the Chief of the ACME Detective Agency, who snapped her up and put her to work in the organization. She quickly proved herself as one of the best, with each case getting cracked with ease. It seemed no one could give Detective Sandiego the slip, not even the notorious Dr. Maelstrom, though it was certainly her hardest case. And that is where our story will begin, right as she finishes up the press conference. No matter what Maelstrom may have told her, she certainly isn’t going to leave the organization she’s worked for for ten years? This is where our story begins, and

[SUNG]
This is now our present time!
Well, she’s known across the globe for her fantastic skill at sleuthing
But does she do it for the justice or for the challenge of the chase?
You see only time will give us all the answers to our musing
Oh, show me who in the world is Carmen Sandiego?
Who in the world is Carmen Sandiego?
Who in the world is, who will she be?
Oh, show me who in the world is Carmen Sandiego?
Start the act!

Best answers
Known Aliases
Spring-Heeled Jack,
Just canons, in theory. Only ones I know for certain right now are Carmen and Chase, though I'm thinking about bringing in the Monaghans for the second act.

Best answers
Known Aliases
Spring-Heeled Jack,
For the big End of Act One song, Carmen is wrestling with the decision to leave ACME and her partner Chase behind her so that she can strike out on her own and achieve her full potential/find a life challenging enough for her. She's gone to a bluff overlooking San Francisco Bay as the moon shines down on it. She's left a note on Chase's desk, telling him about her intent to leave ACME, and he's zoomed off to the bluff to try to convince her otherwise (he knows it's her favorite spot), but he hasn't gotten there yet. So, here's the end of Act One:

[CARMEN]
The bay is calm in the moonlight tonight
It's so peaceful and serene
It's so unlike inside me
And the choices I'm trapped between

There's so much that I want to see and feel and do
But as who I am, I can get so few

They are my friends, my family
Think of the good that could be done at ACME
The case, the chase, it's all enough
But it's not enough

I'll break free from ACME
I know that they can't understand
When I'm me, they will see
The most fantastic thief in the land

Time I was
Someone else instead
Let them chase me down,
I will always be just one step ahead

{CHASE zooms in and gets off the motorcycle quickly, holding the note}
(spoken) Carmen: Chase! Chase: Carmen, I- Carmen: Go away Chase, you can't stop me, I-

[CHASE]
Carmen please just listen
Before you go insane
This path that lies before you
Can only lead to pain

[CARMEN]
I have to push the envelope
And you all will have to grow to cope
A marvelous web I will weave
[CHASE]
Don't leave

[CARMEN]
When I'm free from ACME
I will be their worthiest foe
[CHASE]
It can't be, stay with me
You’re the greatest person I know

[BOTH]
Don't you care
'Bout what lies ahead
Let them (they will) chase me (you) down

(spoken)Carmen: Gah! Don't you get it, Chase? This is what I need to do, what I want to do! Chase: No! It goes against everything you stand for, even if it's tougher. You're going to be a criminal, Carmen!

[CARMEN(sung)/CHASE(spoken in-between)]
I won't take for the money only for prestige/(But what about learning?!)
And people will think and learn about the stuff under siege/(You don't stand a chance on your own!)
I'll make a thieving crew like no one's ever seen/(Please, just listen!)
I'll finally spread my wings, it's time to live the dream/(Carmen, I need you!)

[CARMEN(sung)/CHASE(sung), simultaneously]
I am free from ACME/I am pleading, look to where it is leading
And a new day has begun/How is it that you're enraptured, you must know you'll be captured
Now I'm me, time to see/There were things still left to see, and a life to build with me
If I'll shine as bright as the sun/And now that this is your decision, something I just can't envision

[BOTH]
No more past
I'll look straight ahead
Let them (I will) chase me (you)down
[CARMEN, quietly and with a smile, to CHASE]
I will always be just one step ahead

Jade

ACME
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Jade
Color #
0099FF
Well that's amazing wait til Lee Jordan appears in one of your musical acts that is if he's in.

Latest posts

Latest threads

New Journals

Neutral Grounds
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I just heard on the news they're going to have to remove the Sakura trees in Washington because of damage to a sea wall. They have to build a sea wall and replant new trees.
    Reactions: Jade
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    They were a gift from the mayor of Tokyo!
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Okay wait. Only 158 of the 2,500 have to be taken down. They are also taking clippings from the cut down trees to propagate new ones
    Reactions: Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Is everyone ready for the solar eclipse on April 8th, 2024? :)
    Quote Link
  • Invader Invader:
    yes
    Quote Link
  • Tenchi Masaki Tenchi Masaki:
    Affirmative
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    I’m staying inside
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I just found a wolf spider in my house. :D
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    one of the GOOD spiders you want around because they eat all the really bad bugs in the house. We put them outside :)
    Reactions: Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know there are over 400 species of parrots in the world??
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know David Attenborough was knighted twice? First in 1985, and again in 2002
    • Wow
    • Interesting
    Reactions: Jade and Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    @Lucy ... don't know if you really want wolf spiders in your home... I'd go for jumping spiders, they can't bite... wolf spiders are the fast movers, and they can bite.
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    And, jumpers are cute
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((Will lose my ACP internet towards the end of the month, unless anyone knows about it ending sooner. Trying to switch my Lifeline phone to a better provider that doesn't shut me off after four and a half gigs of data, nothing but failure so far and "call here" and "it's on their end" and the back and forth crap... in the morning, it's time to demand the supervisor and might even get to harsh language (after three days of that). I plan to use the Lifeline phone tethered as Internet source, share that to my own router... I've done it before (it's messy, and not 100% effective, but it works). ))
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((The 'net is the main way to apply for jobs now, so I need that, and I've moved/changed Lifeline providers before without an issue, so no idea what the problem is. I have active Verizon through ACP, active Lifeline through Airtalk... is that somehow the issue? If anyone knows, please let me know before I tear someone a new one (ya know what I mean). After three days of this, and two days about a month ago, I'm ready to walk there with katana in hand.))
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((And, thoughout this process, I want to port my number (have the info for that) and use the phone I have (Samsung Galaxy S9... gotten for free through Airtalk... note to anyone: if you choose a nice phone through them, you are locked into a 120 day "commitment" to get the phone for free, and they have a very hard data limit... once you use up your data, they cut you off, point blank.))
    Quote Link
    Jon Eckart Jon Eckart: ((And, thoughout this process, I want to port my number (have the info for that) and use the...