After the unfortunate incident at the Christmas party, I realized something. I realized that I needed some sort of safety net for myself if things ever went south. Everyone's heard of VILE and its elusive leader. I did some discrete digging around to find out how to get in contact with the organization. Thankfully, I was able to show that I had potential and the rest is history.
(I'm already in the process of planning out a journal to go into more detail about Emma's decision to join VILE. Hopefully I'll get that out sometime in the near future.)
ACME was never an option. It seemed counter-intuitive to do the kind of work I do surrounded by a bunch of detectives. I'm not one to poke a sleeping bear.
Was just thinking, when someone says think outside the box....why does it have to be a box? Why can't it be anything you want? Like a closet? Or a door? Hehe
Why did we decide creativity requires escaping from something? Why do so many of our metaphors for creativity imply that ordinary thinking is a restriction?
It's because it hinges on the idea that everyone wants to be ordinary (aka "normal") and that being anything other should be punishable socially. It stems from imperial modes of thinking that harm people not white-cis-straight-abled-perisex-etc because the idea of normal is centred on "some guy"-isms
Why did we decide creativity requires escaping from something? Why do so many of our metaphors for creativity imply that ordinary thinking is a restriction?