Added Entries For The I&S-verse Wikia

systemcat

Visitor From Another AU
Best answers
This should have been done months and months back. Mentioning ACME and VILE in the Wikia site for the Iron and Steel-verse. I'm sure why it slipped my mind was they are the only organizations that aren't in name, acronyms for emotions. Plus most organizations in the AU are ones I've invented ( only MAD, ACME and VILE have canon origins ).

Why it suddenly finally happened was a forced manner of it dawned on me the other day an aspect for Loaded Stone didn't have a name to it. If you follow the story, you will read what that aspect was named. It wasn't hard to invent strangely, but back to topic. What I wrote in the wikia site is mainly a lot of information unsaid publicly and only until now just sat in my note outline information over the AU. Without giving the link which displays information to every organization in the AU. Here is what was written for ACME and VILE. ?

A.C.M.E.

A - Agency

to

C - Classify

and

M - Monitor

E - Evildoers

Founded unofficially by a band of detectives in 1910, led by Jocelyn Deyriès and Patrick Gardener. This organization was not an offical business until 1948. Later when HAPPY consolidated it's associated practices together in 2001, the name fell out of use professionally. Originally based in New York City, it changed in the 70's to being based in San Francisco.

ACME was international in it's operation with professional ties to almost every nation to gain help in investigations. In different field offices would be teams led by a chief and grouping of local detectives. When a case presented it's self the chief would choose the best suited detective to the job and normally pair them with another employee or employees local or international, who would be of help to the job.

They primarily dealt with VILE but also dealt with common if however well resourceful criminals. On rare occasion Scolex Enterprises ( later MAD ) and in it's waning years, RAGE.

--

V.I.L.E.

V - Villains

I - International

L - League

of

E - Evil

Founded in 1873, no true headquarters existed for it. Different divisions cover areas of land over normally multiple countries. These divisions despite distance, commonly cooperated very well together in pulling off complex heists & other crimes. The divisions had a order of rank employment similar to MAD. The top rank being a leader / general commander. Beneath him or her, grunt labor: those who carried out the jobs normally. But held in special regard, agents with talents which made them uniquely useful to a job.

ACME worked relentlessly for decades to extinguish VILE and finally succeeded in that goal during the 90's.

--

Latest posts

Latest threads

New Journals

Neutral Grounds
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Is everyone ready for the solar eclipse on April 8th, 2024? :)
    Quote Link
  • Invader Invader:
    yes
    Quote Link
  • Tenchi Masaki Tenchi Masaki:
    Affirmative
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    I’m staying inside
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I just found a wolf spider in my house. :D
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    one of the GOOD spiders you want around because they eat all the really bad bugs in the house. We put them outside :)
    Reactions: Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know there are over 400 species of parrots in the world??
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know David Attenborough was knighted twice? First in 1985, and again in 2002
    • Wow
    • Interesting
    Reactions: Jade and Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    @Lucy ... don't know if you really want wolf spiders in your home... I'd go for jumping spiders, they can't bite... wolf spiders are the fast movers, and they can bite.
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    And, jumpers are cute
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((Will lose my ACP internet towards the end of the month, unless anyone knows about it ending sooner. Trying to switch my Lifeline phone to a better provider that doesn't shut me off after four and a half gigs of data, nothing but failure so far and "call here" and "it's on their end" and the back and forth crap... in the morning, it's time to demand the supervisor and might even get to harsh language (after three days of that). I plan to use the Lifeline phone tethered as Internet source, share that to my own router... I've done it before (it's messy, and not 100% effective, but it works). ))
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((The 'net is the main way to apply for jobs now, so I need that, and I've moved/changed Lifeline providers before without an issue, so no idea what the problem is. I have active Verizon through ACP, active Lifeline through Airtalk... is that somehow the issue? If anyone knows, please let me know before I tear someone a new one (ya know what I mean). After three days of this, and two days about a month ago, I'm ready to walk there with katana in hand.))
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((And, thoughout this process, I want to port my number (have the info for that) and use the phone I have (Samsung Galaxy S9... gotten for free through Airtalk... note to anyone: if you choose a nice phone through them, you are locked into a 120 day "commitment" to get the phone for free, and they have a very hard data limit... once you use up your data, they cut you off, point blank.))
    Quote Link
    Jon Eckart Jon Eckart: ((And, thoughout this process, I want to port my number (have the info for that) and use the...