Where on Earth...

Carmen

Queen of Crime
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Color #
I've seen these arrangements from the ground, it's difficult to tell what they are at eye-level. Any guesses from this group as to what the stones may be?

Chase

Director
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Boss (situational)
Color #
The fact that they're 20-50 meters in diameter could mean dwellings of some sort. And larger kite-based structures something of religious significance.

Otherwise, they could have indicated a route. I remember when I was hiking in Chile, finding any sort of stone arrangement that indicated some other person had been on this path always made me feel better. I usually look for signs anywhere I hiked, but I was alone in Chile and it got hairy for a bit.

Joe Kerr

VILE Trickster
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Joey, Joseph,
Color #
8a2be2
The stones might have been the foundations of some old building/structure/dwelling.
The bulk of the structure might have been made of more perishable material like wood and straw and they disappeared over time, leaving only the foundation stones.

Victorique

He/They
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Ivory, Victorique, V
Color #
They range from early Bronze Age to Roman period, up until the 7th century. One or more has openings and a size similar to local ruins of a Roman fort. Others are oblong, closed shapes with spokes running to the center reminiscent of prayer circuits. One article mentioned that a few circles looked like a few that were in the still untranslated Voynich manuscript.

Latest posts

Latest threads

New Journals

Neutral Grounds
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Lucy Lucy: Today I learned....The real name for a hashtag is an octothorpe.
    • Interesting
    Reactions: Tenchi Masaki