Where on Earth...

Carmen

Queen of Crime
Best answers
0
AMA
findcarmen.com
Color #
850000
I've seen these arrangements from the ground, it's difficult to tell what they are at eye-level. Any guesses from this group as to what the stones may be?
 

Chase

Director
Best answers
5
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Boss (situational)
Color #
536373
The fact that they're 20-50 meters in diameter could mean dwellings of some sort. And larger kite-based structures something of religious significance.

Otherwise, they could have indicated a route. I remember when I was hiking in Chile, finding any sort of stone arrangement that indicated some other person had been on this path always made me feel better. I usually look for signs anywhere I hiked, but I was alone in Chile and it got hairy for a bit.
 

Joe Kerr

VILE Trickster
Best answers
6
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Joey, Joseph,
Color #
8a2be2
The stones might have been the foundations of some old building/structure/dwelling.
The bulk of the structure might have been made of more perishable material like wood and straw and they disappeared over time, leaving only the foundation stones.
 

Victorique

He/They
Best answers
2
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Ivory, Victorique, V
Color #
647687
They range from early Bronze Age to Roman period, up until the 7th century. One or more has openings and a size similar to local ruins of a Roman fort. Others are oblong, closed shapes with spokes running to the center reminiscent of prayer circuits. One article mentioned that a few circles looked like a few that were in the still untranslated Voynich manuscript.
 

Latest posts

Latest threads

New Journals

Neutral Grounds
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Was just thinking, when someone says think outside the box....why does it have to be a box? Why can't it be anything you want? Like a closet? Or a door? Hehe
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    But also....why does there have to be a box at all?
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Okay this might need to become a topic....here's one step further..."Why are we assuming thinking has an “inside” and an “outside” at all?"
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Why did we decide creativity requires escaping from something? Why do so many of our metaphors for creativity imply that ordinary thinking is a restriction?
    Quote Link
  • Victorique Victorique:
    It's because it hinges on the idea that everyone wants to be ordinary (aka "normal") and that being anything other should be punishable socially. It stems from imperial modes of thinking that harm people not white-cis-straight-abled-perisex-etc because the idea of normal is centred on "some guy"-isms
    • Like
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    . Who likes my drawing of honey senpai
    • Like
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Deric Storm Deric Storm:
    Lucy said:
    Why did we decide creativity requires escaping from something? Why do so many of our metaphors for creativity imply that ordinary thinking is a restriction?
    Because creativity is also associated with freedom
    • Love
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • L :
    Guest LavernaS has joined the room.
  • L (Guest) LavernaS:
    Hey I lost access to here. My email is messlingkiddo2@Gmail.com if you want to reach me
    • Like
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Laverna I'm sure the admin could fix that :) maybe
    Quote Link
  • Charlet Charlet:
    I'm. Back in
    Quote Link
  • Charlet Charlet:
    Well as charlet
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    yay you got back in :)
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    but also....is @Tenchi Masaki doing okay? :(
    Quote Link
  • Tenchi Masaki Tenchi Masaki:
    Well yes actually. I was sick(lost my voice) and now I'm better and on vacation @Lucy
    • Love
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    This has been bugging me for days.... what is with the military/ ACME and the acronyms?
    Quote Link
  • Deric Storm Deric Storm:
    IDK. WDYM
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I rest my case, your honor.
    Quote Link
  • Tenchi Masaki Tenchi Masaki:
    ACME were peacekeepers in the world wars
    • Wow
    Reactions: Jade
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I must have either forgotten something again with my horrible memory problems or not seen that part of the site. Tenchi :D
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Unrelated question....are political questions allowed? Also really confused why people keep calling the U.S. a democracy when we are supposed to be a Republic....
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Sorry....noted. no political questions sorry again...
    Quote Link
  • Deric Storm Deric Storm:
    Lucy said:
    Unrelated question....are political questions allowed? Also really confused why people keep calling the U.S. a democracy when we are supposed to be a Republic....
    Define "political questions". Also, we are a constitutional Republic with Democratically elected representation. I will argue until my dying day that the greatest thing the Founding Fathers created was the Electoral College
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Such as why the heckin do they not teach us civics anymore? Is it really because of the hippies?
    Quote Link
    Lucy Lucy: Such as why the heckin do they not teach us civics anymore? Is it really because of the hippies?
    Top