The accomplice ((please read as this is completely updated

Caution Advised
This thread may include adult content including violence, strong language or nudity, readers' discretion is advised.

Laverna

Goddess of thieves
Best answers
Known Aliases
Ferret
Brat
Bonnie Parker
Bon park
((my carnen is not the one of the site, you can see she's inspired by comics, words, and math detective and treasure of knowledge. ))

Summary: Six years ago, Carmen Sandiego rescued an orphaned girl from the clutches of police violence. Unable to find a safe home for her away from the criminal underworld, Carmen named her Laverna.. Yet,. Some ghosts are still very much alive

Chapter one

“Welcome and good evening, We pulled off another successful caper; I’m sure those pesky acme detectives found the game enjoyable; even if they don’t want to admit it.” Carmen wickedly laughed, It echoed off the walls causing a triumphant applause from the henchmen.

The holographic screen flickered to life as Carmen pointed out the black Siberian husky whose fur had turned dark brown from age, it was locked away in Carmen’s private collection at the very moment

“As we all know our poor guest Balto was sold into a sideshow and treated like a circus animal after he saved all those lives in Nome, Alaska, talk about such a disgrace to a historical figure..”. Carmen gleefully explained that she saved the pup on March 19, 1927.

Yet, everyone else seemed enthusiastic about showering the thief with utmost praise. Laverna, one of the youngest recruits, reclined in the furthest corner of the vast auditorium full of wacky and colorful criminals.

This tiny lady huffed at the notion, Yet she chose to remain silent as everyone paid attention to their boss.

To the majority of the villains, Carmen appeared immortal as if she had stolen the elixir of youth, However, Laverna noticed the slower pace of the chase from what used to be the infamous high-stakes pursuits. Time captured us all in the end and Laverna knew Carmen like thousands of others would one day wither away.

The acknowledgment that time is fleeting; Caused a few pinpricks of tears to bead in the teenager’s eyes. She rubbed them away with the sleeve of her cranberry pink cardigan. Her eyes darted around to make sure no one noticed her action; she let out a sigh of relief; everyone appeared to be in an awestruck trance towards Carmen.

However, Laverna only knew the woman for six years. She groaned as Carmen continued to explain the string of heists as if she had come up with the concept all by herself.

Laverna knew better than to fall for that, She bit her bottom lip as she tried to control her temper that was bubbling to the surface.

“I am honestly such a genius, I mean, who can rival my brilliance?” Carmen boasted making Laverna fake a yawn.

Carmen caught eye contact with Laverna; a playful smirk tugged on her lips as the meeting continued. Her heels tapped against the wooden floor as she continued this egotistical behavior.

“I am the one who planned those heists of Smokey, Nemo, hatachi, and Balto; how dare she act like she’s the only one with brilliant ideas around here:”. Laverna mumbled under her breath.

She gritted her teeth as she fought back an explosive reaction, Carmen was toying with her like she was a gumshoe,

There was a goon in a nondescript gray uniform that covered his face seated in the row behind her. “easy, she’s just playing with you.” The boy whispered into Laverna's ear.

A sheepish response flumbed out of Laverna’s mouth

“I know that, but I ain’t a fiddle.” She slumped back in her seat causing it to rock as if it were on a ship on a stormy night,

The man laughed, pulling his mask up to reveal it was Devlin crooks; apparently, the ruffian escaped Acme’s private penitentiary while he tried to keep it undetected; he escaped without the assistance of the main boss, he was personally taking orders from a smaller criminal mastermind.

“If it isn’t my beloved Dr. Jekyll, What a pleasant surprise,”. Laverna sarcastically witted as she turned her attention back to the meeting.

“I used the escape plans; you delivered in secret; while you cleverly disguised them as cheesy love letters. ” Asked Devlin, trying to distract the angry pipsqueak.

“ a very simplistic Secret code; I’m surprised the guards didn’t catch it.” She added as a proud smile crossed her face.

“Nah, Acme just pays those brutes to look tough, the real brains are chasing her.” Devlin casually stated as he gestured towards Carmen.

The meeting had ended as villains swiftly departed; Although three remained behind.

“Now, What are you two cozy lovebirds eagerly chatting about?” Carmen asked; Her curiosity was piqued, Which is a terrible thing for anything that drew her attention.

If the two weren't used to Carmen’s antics; She would have effectively jump-scared them. Carmen seemingly had teleported, to the right side of Laverna; She sat abnormally close as Laverna could feel the tweed fabric of the suit Carmen wore this evening.

“I was inquiring on how he escaped, I have no part of it.” Laverna lied trying to act as if she had no idea how her boyfriend was home from prison.

Carmen raised an eyebrow; She Ruffled Laverna's hair. “You know, You're terrible at lying, Miss Bonnie Parker.” Carmen laughed as she found the girl’s denial amusing.

“My boy, why aren't you playing with a harmonica behind cold bars?” Carmen teased Devlin.

“I don't even own a harmonica,” Devlin grumbled

“Oh I see, you should expect to receive one for your Christmas bonus then” She yanked his stupid ski mask off as if these two teenage delinquents were just her babies.

Her blue eyes narrowed; she noticed a laceration on his right cheekbone, It was mildly bruised as well.

Carmen Sandiego was an overprotective parental figure to the youngest agents; She often inspected them for any abnormalities as if they were helpless figurines made of glass.

“You better tell me that you didn't stitch this yourself?” Carmen asked as if she didn't know the obvious. It was held shut with dental floss and not surgical thread. A mild infection was leaking sour-smelling pus from it.

“And you are aware that It's infected, I thought your specialty was biochemistry. I stand corrected.” Carmen playfully mocked trying to hide her concern.

“I make pharmaceutical remedies; I'm a pharmacist more than a medical doctor,” he mumbled, trying to maneuver away from the awkward situation.

“I insist, you seek treatment in the infirmary immediately,” Carmen ordered, resulting in Devlin fleeing towards the medical pavilion.

“Now, Laverna, pack your overnight bag with a few changes of clothes, we are leaving first thing in the morning for one-on-one training, Dress comfortably for the journey,” Carmen instructed

“Yes, Miss Sandiego, what time shall I meet you at the car?” Asked Laverna

“5:20 to 5:30 am,” Carmen answered before disappearing as if she was never there.

Laverna

Goddess of thieves
Best answers
Known Aliases
Ferret
Brat
Bonnie Parker
Bon park
Carmen couldn't help but smile as she saw Laverna arrive on time, ready to jump into the car with her first thing in the morning.

Laverna wore a simple burgundy-colored cropped sweatsuit with a white tank top under it. Her black hair was slicked back with a maroon cloth headband, She was comfortably dressed as instructed

Her creamy white sneaker laces came loose as she casually tossed her vibrant red and black overnight bag into the spacious backseat.

Carmen had not bothered to apply any makeup, and a tired yawn slipped from her unadorned face. They had a two-day journey ahead of them, and it was 5:30 in the morning. Most of Vile’s agents were still sound asleep in their beds.

Good morning, Laverna," Carmen said casually as she watched the teenager buckle in. "You can rest and catch up on your siesta while I take the wheel.

Laverna let out a loud groan, clearly displeased with the early start to the day. "Why does it have to be so early? I'm a growing kid, you know," she complained, her frustration evident in the way she addressed her boss.

Carmen chuckled as she maneuvered the car out of the parking garage. "The early bird catches the worm," she said, amused by Laverna's grumbles.

"You and your corny expressions," Laverna grumbled before reclining her seat, giving in to sleep as the car journey began.

Carmen was in deep thought as she drove her red convertible down the road toward the interstate. "I don't know why I love you," she admitted to herself. It was a moment of self-reflection for her as she grappled with her emotions.,

The child has never been loving or showing appreciation for Carmen's hospitality. She always had a snarky remark and barely seemed to know how to say please or thank you.

Carmen assumed the girl didn't know how to express her thanksgiving. After all, she knew all about how adoptive are expected to be bouncing up and down with glee at the notion of a new family.

Carmen was legally adopted by the Acme detective agency, nearly four decades ago in the summer of nineteen seventy-something. She was around twelve years old, She was baffled that a company could even adopt a child anyway.

“Are you kidding me, a private detective firm adopted me instead of a young couple? You know it's a little late for April Fool’s Day ma’am” A young Carmen Sandiego groaned at the silly idea.

Carmen shook her head, returning to the current day. At fifty-nine years old, with grey streaks filtering through her hair, she felt the wear and tear of her lifetime of impressive crimes aging like fine wine.

Her face still looked young, with no wrinkles, sun marks, or even a blemish. She could afford to go to the best beauticians in the world; she was one of the luckiest ladies out there.

She had done this before; taking in runaways from abusive homes, and allowing orphans to hide under her coat for protection. Yet, this girl’s uniqueness eluded Carmen, leaving her curious about what the future might hold.

“I think it would be a nice gesture to surprise her with her favorite breakfast. She's been doing well lately, and I'm feeling pretty hungry, too.” Carmen thought to herself as she snuck a glance at the snoring Laverna

The teenager constantly insisted on having things her way. Originally, her codename name was supposed to be Wanda Ren, but she adamantly refused, claiming that she was a goddess. As a result, she was now named Laverna after the Roman goddess of thieves.

So many of her peers hadn’t ever attempted to demand things from their boss before. Yet, Laverna had that Sandiego audacity, she called Carmen out on her bluff on the daily which amused the parental figure greatly to hear her ideas be hopelessly shattered by a spitfire of youth.

The girl was full of wonderful twists and turns to add to Carmen's nearly three-decade-long game of cat and mouse. The ideas were fresh, challenging, and wickedly delightful. Laverna couldn't be partnered with anyone as the majority was afraid of the verbal assault they would encounter

"Pathetic," Laverna mumbled in her sleep, Carmen raised an eyebrow in confusion as they pulled into the nearly empty parking lot of a small breakfast cafe.

Before getting out of the car, she leaned over and gently kissed Laverna on the forehead, silently reassuring her that they would be right back. The soles of her gray sneakers hit the pebblestones filling the parking space,

The doors locked with a beep as she swiftly entered the small shop reminiscent of a donut shop from the nineteen fifties. “If I want to fish for cops, I know the place now.” She laughed as she stepped into the threshold.

People usually pass up the best ma and pa restaurants that lined the countryside areas of long branches of the interstate. Carmen knew the places in the middle of nowhere were the best places to grab a delicious homestyle meal. Laverna would live on junk food and instant ramen if Carmen carelessly allowed her pupil to fill her stomach with empty calories and sugary sodas.

“Good morning, I am wondering if you accept to-go orders. My little one is sleeping, and I'm hoping to grab some breakfast to go before we hit the road again.” Carmen asked the elderly woman standing behind the register:

“Yes, we do, sugar.” the elderly woman cheerfully replied. Her voice was wispy, delightful like a hummingbird’s buzzing wings. The woman’s grey hair was tied up in a curly ponytail.

“My little one is obsessed with sausage, May I ask for a few extra to be thrown in hers?” Carmen casually inquired while her eyes wandered around the cafe’s many black and white photographs adorning the walls.

The woman nodded as she hurriedly vanished to the kitchen effectively hidden behind the counter

“That’s one tall order, officer,”. Carmen chuckled as her eyes a newspaper of an officer measuring at seven foot and eleven inches tall, the rest of the article was worn away with age.

Carmen allowed her mind to flicker the idea of what it would be like to be pursued by the abnormally tall cop. “ He seems like a handsome and worthy rival, perhaps, he would have enjoyed the chase as much as I do.” A small smile tugged on her lips as the visual of trying to maneuver around the man played in her mind.

Her flirty daydreams were interrupted when a smaller hand wrapped itself into her own.

Carmen shook as she was forced out of her thoughts. She looked down to see the top of Laverna’s head.

“Morning, sleeping beauty, We are in a small town in the middle of Texas,” Carmen informed her travel companion.

“Texas?” Laverna remarked as she rubbed the sleep out of her eyes.

Carmen nodded as she turned around; the elderly woman handed Carmen the plastic bag with two styrofoam containers full of breakfast, potatoes, sausage, eggs, and Texas-style toast.

“Is this your daughter?” the woman asked, assuming Laverna was much younger than she was.

“Yes, she is, we are heading out to compete in a pageant this weekend,” Carmen replied as she handed the woman twenty dollars.

She pocketed the currency from a myriad of countries back into her pocket before the elderly woman could notice.

“Go get them, little miss beauty queen.” The elderly woman replied as Carmen and Laverna left the diner.

“Do I look like I belong to toddlers and tiaras?” Laverna asked in confusion as she popped open the container of food.

A tanned young man peered over his newspaper to watch them vanish from site, an evil smirk appeared across his face.

“So, she's been living with carmen sandiego, she will be six feet under as soon as she's alone.” the man chuckled

Latest posts

Latest threads

New Journals

Neutral Grounds
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    ???
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    nm
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    ??? that just makes me mor confused
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    That means never mind....
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I'm feeling pretty bad right now and I can't think
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    it's a really awful night
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    I know what nm means. I don't understand emojis
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    oh
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I was just surprised
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    Surprised about what? That I didn't like Netflix version
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    just the game and all
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    its just too much
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    Yeah. Also that series ended a while back. Its just a. Cashgrab
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Carmen didn't need to be redeemed I don't think...
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    It's not redeemed its more than like identify fraud
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    It's a younger Carmen than before
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    Carmen Isabella sandiego and Carmen Sandiego are two different people imo.
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    My Carmen in my stories is actually mid 50s in age. Has her own backstory, timeline, and appearance separate from any of the canon
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    Why.…?
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    If you read the accomplice you will understand
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Q: What does a Mermaid use to wash her hair? A: Tide
    • Haha
    Reactions: Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    (IRL) So... been building my new computer, a 24-core beast with 256gigs RAM... and now that I have everything, it won't boot... no video from the Titan X, or the Radeon 4650 I tried (from box of parts), not sure... I know the VRM fans don't spin and neither does the chipset fan by the M.2 ports... but I think it's too late to claim it as non-working, message sent to seller. Built over 200 computers, never had an issue like this (though never tried a machine like this either, so...)
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    (It's a ASRock TRX40 motherboard... this is ground I've never been on before... each tower I build is at least twice as good as the last)
    Quote Link
    Jon Eckart Jon Eckart: (It's a ASRock TRX40 motherboard... this is ground I've never been on before... each tower I...