Goddess of thieves
Best answers
Known Aliases
Ferret
Brat
Bonnie Parker
Bon park
Chapter One:

It began like any other day in the shadowy life of my adventurous life. I was meticulously orchestrating my latest caper, always one step ahead of my favorite ACME detectives, Zack and Ivy. The date was October 29th, 2002 at 3:30 am and I still reigned supreme over the criminal underworld, pulling the strings from behind the scenes. ACME held out hope that I would abandon my life of thievery, but the image of their annoyed, slightly amused faces only brought a smile to my lips as I slipped down my trusty grappling hook into the empty museum below. My landing faltered, my balance wavering in the sleek red high heels. "Easy there," I muttered, steadying myself this was a job that should be as effortless as stealing candy from a baby and I had pulled off thousands of heists just like this one, and confidence oozed from every pore. But today, I felt...different. A weakness seeped into my bones, a vulnerability I hadn't felt since my childhood as an orphan.

The sharp clicking of my heels against the tile was music to my ears, a symphony heralding another flawless heist in my never-ending cat-and-mouse game. I strutted confidently down the hall, my eyes locking on the prize: the exquisite ruby and amethyst statue. My circular glass cutter gleamed in the dim light as I began my swift, precise work on the display case. Suddenly, a sharp, searing pain lanced through my pelvis. Any other thief would have aborted the mission, I gritted my teeth, ignoring the agony as long as possible before scooping the statuette into my gloved hands.

The pain intensified, my vision blurring with flashing lights of yellow, magenta, and coral. Through the haze, I noticed the C5 corridor opening up out of the corner of my eye. The holographic blue light signaled it was time to bolt; I did what I did best. I escaped.

The pain intensified, slowing me down; this wasn't supposed to happen. I was supposed to be in perfect health, and my doctors cleared me to be perfectly healthy when I saw them at the beginning of the year around February.

I slide into one of our vans and collapse into the seat. “Boys, I'm back,” I exclaimed while trying to keep my cool as I made myself comfortable in the vehicle. Lars and Moe looked at me with confusion etched across their faces.

They wanted to question my slight change in demeanor; I would have liked to question it myself.

“Just drive to the nearest V.I.L.E medical facility, Don’t pry on why?” I commanded a bit more sternly than anticipated.

Pain can make anyone aggressive, and I felt like my appendix was rupturing. That was the only logical explanation my brain could process at that moment.

I took off my black leather glove; I turned to look out the window, trying to control my body’s stimuli to the painful situation unfolding inside.

I inspect my hands more out of trying to shift my perspective to something more rational. They always say mind over matter; I normally excelled in this area of mental fitness, and I was dumbfounded as I fought back a groan that attempted to escape my throat.

My hands looked fine, a little sweaty from wearing leather gloves in this warm autumn weather. My red nail polish was chipped as I haven't kept up with my self-care routine lately. I believe that I have been caught up in something that led me to forget about a lot of things as of late.

Whatever, that thing was a mystery. Only my subconscious mind knew, and soon my conscious one would know it too.

However, inspecting the back of my hands didn't ease the unnerving anxiety creeping into my mind. I had come up with a few possible conclusions for my unusual suffering.

One idea was that I possibly had cancer, and it wasn't caught until it was too late. Another one was a rupture of any of my internal organs, and another thought was I had been shot with a new sort of firearm and was quickly bleeding to death from the inside out.

Moe poked me in the cheek, “Boss. Are you okay?” I turned to face him, and I noticed he was clammy. “Yeah, I I’m fine.” I stammered, which rang warning bells to my henchmen Lars and Moe.

“You stammered, you have never stuttered,” Lars explained like I hadn't caught that myself.

I shook my head, pulling my hat down, attempting to hide the pained expression.

When we arrived at the medical center, that served as a cover-up for a myriad of our agents. The pain kept intensifying; a few tears fell from my eyes as my body tried to regulate the pain on its own.

Lars hurriedly got out of the driver's seat, These two goons were panicking now. Despite this fact, I haven’t explicitly shared my swirling thoughts of dying and other sickening conclusions. I felt grateful for these two as Moe and Lars helped me to stand up.

I could barely stand on my own; I couldn't protest, but I was picked up like I weighed nothing. I clutched my hat in my hands, gritting my teeth in the process.

I was triaged first, leaving a few people in the emergency room’s waiting room baffled.

I mean, if I was in their shoes and I saw an infamous criminal boss, as she was carried by two of her lackeys into the hospital. I would’ve been flabbergasted, Going delirious, and questioning my sanity.

I mean, who expects me to show up in this scenario? I surely didn't expect to be in an emergency room at four in the morning.

Yet, here I was, and I hoped we would find out the reason for this agony

Laverna

Goddess of thieves
Best answers
Known Aliases
Ferret
Brat
Bonnie Parker
Bon park
Chapter 2: Moe’s Pov

Lars Vegas and I were sitting in a white unremarkable van as our boss did her mental Gymnastics as she liked to call them. I often pondered how she found this to be an enjoyable pastime; I mean I don’t know any other woman that’s egotistical and Impulsive enough to make this a lifetime career.

Lars turned on the radio to some pop station; That’s better than listening to the ambulance sirens, soft raindrops hitting the van’s roof, and the occasional animal digging in nearby dumpsters.

Just your typical; witching hour, the only thing unusual yet usual for us; Carmen Sandiego stealing another artifact. Some golden statuette thing, I don’t know as I have long given up on understanding what makes Carmen tick. Whatever she wants to do is completely acceptable. If she wants to steal all the money in the world on a whim, V.i.L.E and I will do it, no questions asked.

I tap my fingers against the window; this I considered the most boring part of working for Carmen sandiego. I mean, when most of us joined her villains league. We expected something different to be completely honest.

That's when I noticed her coming out of the museum. Something was clearly off in her demeanor as she opened the van’s door.

“Boys, I'm back.” Her pained greeting as she slid into the van’s bland seats. It was completely obvious that something was troubling her.

Lars and I turned to face our boss. She was clenching her jaw; Her body slightly trembled like she was fighting to stay in control of her physical condition

Whatever happened it wasn’t good; perhaps, she’s finally starting to feel guilty for her crimes. I doubt that to be the cause of her discomfort. Lars’ jaw hung slightly ajar as this situation was so peculiar to us. Even when Maelstrom escaped prison for revenge; our boss was relatively calm as usual. I think the only time I saw some form of obvious distress happened after Lee jordan. I don’t know the details as she never informed us on what happened.

After what felt like forever, Our queen of crime finally mustered up enough willpower to speak.

“Just drive to the nearest V.I.L.E medical facility, Don’t pry on why?” she ordered with a harsh sound in her throat.

Lars started the motor slower than usual, The motor triumphantly roared to life as we escaped the alley near the museum where Carmen Sandiego pulled off another successful heist. After about four to ten minutes into our navigation to the medical facility. I spotted out of the corner of my eye that Carmen was staring at her hands as if contemplating why hands exist or something.

“Boss. Are you okay?” I asked gently nudging her in her cheek to gain her attention. She didn’t feel feverish but I’m not a doctor,

“Yeah, I I’m fine.” She replied sheepishly, I noticed she faltered in her words. Even Lars turned to face Carmen.

I am dumbfounded by her stubbornness as I continued to try to have a conversation about her situation.

“You stammered, you have never stuttered,” I explained as calmly and respectfully as I could. I was walking on thin ice questioning my boss like that. She shook her head like I’m the odd one as Lars navigated us to the medical facility as quickly as he could.

Carmen pulls her hat down hiding her face; This meant she felt vulnerable with this discussion; to be completely honest, I couldn’t blame her.

I thought I heard her softly crying as we finally turned into the dimly lit parking lot. Lars brought the car to the emergency room’s automatic doors which are normally reserved for ambulances.

We swiftly leave the van through the driver’s side door; we wanted to assist our boss,

As soon as we got her door open; reality slapped us all in the face.

As soon as she tried to stand; she shrieked out nearly collapsing onto the pavement

The rest became a blur for us; as we managed to get her seen in the back immediately

Latest posts

Latest threads

New Journals

Neutral Grounds
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    ???
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    nm
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    ??? that just makes me mor confused
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    That means never mind....
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I'm feeling pretty bad right now and I can't think
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    it's a really awful night
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    I know what nm means. I don't understand emojis
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    oh
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I was just surprised
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    Surprised about what? That I didn't like Netflix version
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    just the game and all
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    its just too much
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    Yeah. Also that series ended a while back. Its just a. Cashgrab
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Carmen didn't need to be redeemed I don't think...
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    It's not redeemed its more than like identify fraud
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    It's a younger Carmen than before
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    Carmen Isabella sandiego and Carmen Sandiego are two different people imo.
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    My Carmen in my stories is actually mid 50s in age. Has her own backstory, timeline, and appearance separate from any of the canon
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    Why.…?
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    If you read the accomplice you will understand
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Q: What does a Mermaid use to wash her hair? A: Tide
    • Haha
    Reactions: Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    (IRL) So... been building my new computer, a 24-core beast with 256gigs RAM... and now that I have everything, it won't boot... no video from the Titan X, or the Radeon 4650 I tried (from box of parts), not sure... I know the VRM fans don't spin and neither does the chipset fan by the M.2 ports... but I think it's too late to claim it as non-working, message sent to seller. Built over 200 computers, never had an issue like this (though never tried a machine like this either, so...)
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    (It's a ASRock TRX40 motherboard... this is ground I've never been on before... each tower I build is at least twice as good as the last)
    Quote Link
    Jon Eckart Jon Eckart: (It's a ASRock TRX40 motherboard... this is ground I've never been on before... each tower I...