Laverna

Goddess of thieves
Best answers
Known Aliases
Ferret
Brat
Bonnie Parker
Bon park
.Laverna and Devlin Crooks sat in the quiet room, boredom hanging thick in the air. Laverna had overdone it again—pushing herself too hard in training, ignoring the sharp protests of her muscles. Now she was paying for it, her body aching as she sank into an oversized light blue beanbag chair. Devlin, ever the quieter of the two, sat cross-legged on the hardwood floor, eyes wandering as he too succumbed to the dullness of the moment.

Laverna wasn’t exactly thrilled with her predicament. Her muscles throbbed, and her patience was wearing thin. When Devlin finally stood and left the room without a word, she sighed, figuring he was off to grab a muscle relaxer or some other remedy.

She faked a yawn, half-distracted, as she waited for him to come back.

But when he returned, it wasn’t with medicine in hand. Devlin stepped back into the room holding a fiddle, the polished wood catching the light. Laverna raised an eyebrow, caught off guard. Whatever she had expected, it certainly wasn’t this.

“If you care, I will take a bet with you. You play a pretty good fiddle, girl, and give this devil his due. I got a fiddle of gold against your soul if you think you can play better than me,” Devlin teased, a sly grin spreading across his face.

Laverna’s eyes widened with excitement as she jumped up from the beanbag, ignoring the soreness in her muscles.

"My name is Laverna, and this might be a sin, but I will take your bet and you're gonna regret it 'cause I'm the best there ever been," Laverna replied, her eyes gleaming with competitive fire.

Devlin gave her a nod, amused, and lifted the fiddle into playing position. Without missing a beat, he drew the bow across the strings, and the room came alive with the first sharp, captivating notes.

.Devlin played with precision and flair, each note filling the room until he finally lowered the bow and handed the fiddle to Laverna. “Your turn. You know, if you lose, it’s your soul I own,” he teased with a wink, clearly using "soul" as a playful cover.

Laverna muttered under her breath, “If you lose, the devil gets your soul,” as she positioned the fiddle under her chin. But the moment she began to play, the strings screeched horribly, the sound grating and far from the music she’d intended.

Devlin smirked, leaning back confidently, already convinced he had the upper hand.

.Laverna’s first few attempts produced only screeching, but she quickly regained control. With a determined look, she repositioned the bow and began playing a beautiful, haunting requiem. Each note was sharp and clear, filling the room with an eerie elegance. Her smirk grew as the melody flowed effortlessly from her fingers, a stark contrast to her earlier missteps.

Devlin, who had been so sure of his victory, watched in silence, his confidence wavering. Laverna’s mastery over the fiddle was undeniable now. As the final, mournful notes hung in the air, Devlin bowed his head in defeat, acknowledging her skill.

“Well played,” he muttered, the playful wager now lost

Latest posts

Latest threads

New Journals

Neutral Grounds
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    (IRL) So... been building my new computer, a 24-core beast with 256gigs RAM... and now that I have everything, it won't boot... no video from the Titan X, or the Radeon 4650 I tried (from box of parts), not sure... I know the VRM fans don't spin and neither does the chipset fan by the M.2 ports... but I think it's too late to claim it as non-working, message sent to seller. Built over 200 computers, never had an issue like this (though never tried a machine like this either, so...)
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    (It's a ASRock TRX40 motherboard... this is ground I've never been on before... each tower I build is at least twice as good as the last)
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Q: Where do dads store their jokes? A: In a Dad-a-base
    • Haha
    Reactions: Polly Tix
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    That’s too much of a dad joke
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I like dad jokes :D
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    Well my dad is a joke
    Quote Link
  • Polly Tix Polly Tix:
    My daddy tells bad jokes.
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    So did mine Polly :)
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Hey Polly! I have a dad joke for your dad
    Quote Link
  • Polly Tix Polly Tix:
    Lucy said:
    Hey Polly! I have a dad joke for your dad
    Shoot.
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    (It's one I've told here before but here it goes)
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Q: When does a dad joke become a dad joke? A: When it becomes apparent. (wanna tell your dad that one Polly? LOL)
    • Haha
    Reactions: Polly Tix and Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Time for another random thoughts:
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    If an octopus has 8 legs and an octagon has 8 sides...Why is October not the 8th month?
    Quote Link
  • Tenchi Masaki Tenchi Masaki:
    Because August called dibs on that spot
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I forgot that I was logged in here so long lmao.... Ten Ten if you see this I'm sorry :D
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    Lucy said:
    I forgot that I was logged in here so long lmao.... Ten Ten if you see this I'm sorry :D
    I never log out
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    Lucy said:
    If an octopus has 8 legs and an octagon has 8 sides...Why is October not the 8th month?
    i know the historical reason October was originally the 8th month of the Roman calendar. Then January and February were added to the calendar making October the 10th month. However October retained its original name.
    Quote Link
  • Tenchi Masaki Tenchi Masaki:
    Dectober doesn't have the same ring after all
    • Interesting
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((OOC: so, finally got a response from the motherboard seller... they're saying I got the wrong RAM... when I found the CMOS battery, there wasn't a millivolt of charge left (it was taped to the top of the I/O ports))
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Someone posted this cute FB status: "Slowly, Waldo`s wife and Mr. Sandiego started putting the pieces together" wonder if that's true :D
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    “Do Transformers get car, or life insurance?” Russell Howard
    Quote Link
    Lucy Lucy: “Do Transformers get car, or life insurance?” Russell Howard