Archived La Vie de Luxe - Oh Canada!

Vic

Confidence Man
Best answers
Color #
((This RP was first written in 2011, as epilogue to La Vie de Luxe.))

[OOC: This RP is a sub game, and follows all the rules of La Vie de Luxe, except this one takes place in Canada, it will join with La Vie de Luxe in the end.]

Notre Dame des Neiges cemetery in Montreal, Canada

Vic and a team of henchmen dressed in black hid in the Notre Dame des Neiges cemetery until nightfall. This wasn't all that hard and, heck, Vic thought it was even easy. The evening had been foggy, and the night was foggier still. They loosened the ground around the bronze statue, the Angel with the Broken Wing, and then signaled the helicopter. A dark machine hovered above them, floating on 4 silent rotors. Vic could barely see the blink of a red light as it discharged one end of a strong composite steel rope.

The men connected the rope from the helicopter to the ones already wrapped around the statue. At the outset, the lifting was hard because part of the ground under the statue was either frozen or too compacted. Two men from the team heated up the statue's base to free it. After that, the Angel with the Broken Wings floated into the dark sky and disappeared behind the clouds.

"Soufflé's done," Vic reported, then the men scattered, leaving their 'team leader' to find the nearest lamp post and security camera. Vic smiled wide there and got himself filmed, that oughta get ACME's subdivided attention. Next was to contact Dragon and kick this heist into gear.

Chief

Chief of ACME
Best answers
Known Aliases
Dr. Everard Weller
[Let me give an opening to some ACME Detectives.]

ACME Headquarters, San Francisco.

ACME Control Center quickly processed the image of Vic from the security camera and sent a broadcast to all available agents in Canada to investigate the stolen "Angel with the Broken Wings" from Montreal.

While data was busy being transferred and responses confirmed or stored, all Chief Weller got was an iconic notification on his communicator for his review at a later time. It was picked up by his granddaughter, Hailey, who was playing in his office.

"You got mail, Kuppa," Hailey held the communicator in both her hands and tried to read the message. She couldn't read, but she remembered the picture of Vic the Slick she saw on Chief's computer earlier in the day.

"Leave that alone for now, Hailey, let's go get new shoes for you," Dr. Weller called and Mrs. Weller urged. No matter what it was, Chief knew that Control had everything smoothly running.

Nina West

Plant Biologist
Best answers
Color #
d39402
[Thanks Chief!]

Vancouver, Canada

Nina was taking a mini vacation after having arrested Sir Vile, when a friend in ACME messaged her that Chase Devineaux okayed Sir Vile's early release.

"What?" she thought, "that's not even a week!" She wondered what powers possessed him to poke his nose into her case like that. The case wasn't even his department, she and the others should have been told. Then again Nevon would probably take Chase's side, so it was useless to throw a fit.

Then another message came from ACME Control Center that scouts in Montreal confirmed the "Angel with the Broken Wing" statue was stolen from the Notre Dame des Neiges cemetery. Suspect was Vic the Slick.

"I got it!" Nina replied first and got her C-5 clearance to go from Vancouver to Montreal.

Narrator

Fledgling
Best answers
[Originally posted by Kyzano]

Montreal, Canada

Dragon was currently sitting just outside the city outskirts in a tree, a single leg hanging down from the branch. It had almost been three days, two and a half really, since she had met with Carmen Sandiego and received, what she now knew, was a disposable phone. Apparently, someone was supposed to call her on it. Dragon had taken the first chance she'd gotten to learn about the small device. Until a few nights ago she'd never needed one so she'd never used one. Sure her ears had picked up the word 'cellphone' more often then not when she was in the city, but she had never really understood what one was. Now she had an object to match to a word.

"I don't understand why someone would want one of these things." She said softly to herself as she rotated it in her hands.

This little device made it easy to find you... why would people want something that was basically a leash and collar? It was not something that was easily used as a weapon and it could not help you hunt for food. It made absolutely no sense to her. Sighing some she jumped down from the tree putting the phone into a pocket. Time for breakfast. There was some small game around here that would suffice, maybe a rabbit or two, she had seen a burrow a few moon's back and she could still remember the location.

Glancing around, she was still on the outskirts of the city, she made sure no one was around before jumping back up to the branch she was on before,which was easily at least four feet over her head, then to the one above that and above that until she was standing on the trunk itself, right near the top of the tree, one clawed hand holding onto the aged wood as her foot was braced against the textured surface as well, he other hand hanging loosely at her side as she stared out over the city. Taking a silent second to breathe in the air, Dragon's eyes looked over the horizon of the city as it slept and for a moment she wondered what it would have been like, what she would have been like if she had been born there. Shaking the train of thought from its tracks Dragon jumped to the next tree catching onto a branch and swinging down to the ground, heading off in search of food.

Vic

Confidence Man
Best answers
Color #
Dialing the number Carmen told him to, Vic waited for his contact, this time Dragon, to pick up. When he heard someone answer, he didn't waste time.

"Ey, yeahum, this is Vic, ah?" started the one time Salesman of the Year, "Yer batt's low, I keep this short: We're meeting at the Viau Bridge, C thinks you're good enough to sniff me out, so let's do that. You find me, we stick together, capice? Don't need to answer, jes show up. Bring this phone with ya." After the message, Vic hung up and was on his way to the meeting point.

Something happened after Carmen went to San Francisco, Vic couldn't figure out what exactly, but something changed. When the boss talked to him last, she told him to keep ACME busy as long as possible, and she didn't mention leaving any cute clues like they'd do for the kiddies. If Vic knew more, he'd probably have a say, but like always, he wasn't told much. So far, things were same-same but different, and Vic kept the questions to himself for now.

Narrator

Fledgling
Best answers
[Admin's Note to new Role Players:

In Vic's post above, Carmen okayed the statements that involved her having told Vic something. When writing 'he said' or 'she said' references, run it by the person first to make sure you're not putting words in their mouths.

Secondly, Vic wrote in Dragon's action of 'picking up the phone', according to rules, he should wait until Dragon writes that she picked up the phone first before speaking, however; the action was short and less important than the message.

Thanks for reading!]

Narrator

Fledgling
Best answers
(OOC: I don't mind it, I can rebound off this post but yeah a heads up would be nice next time Vic.)

Montreal, Canada

Dragon stiffened when her pocket started ringing. Glaring as her breakfast ran off, startled by the sound, she took the phone out of her pocket with a growl. Whoever had just called owed her breakfast. Picking up she placed the phone near her ear.

"Ey, yeahum, this is Vic, ah?"

Dragon flinched slightly as she held the phone a little further from her head. Damn this thing was loud! Or maybe it was her sensitive hearing making it loud. She didn't care, she could hear it so it didn't matter how far away the thing was.

"Yer batt's low, I keep this short: We're meeting at the Viau Bridge, C thinks you're good enough to sniff me out, so let's do that. You find me, we stick together, capice? Don't need to answer, jes show up. Bring this phone with ya."

Dragon blinked as there was a beep like noise and, glancing to the small screen, it said the call was ended. Putting the phone back into her pocket. This 'Vic' owed her breakfast... frowning in thought a moment she realized that it was the same voice she had heard talking with Carmen. So Vic had been the male in the hotel room.

Foregoing the chance to catch up to her prey, she would get food out of Vic when she got there, she bounded off into the city. She knew where the bridge was. With nearly three days going by Dragon had scoped out the city, in secret of course, because if there was one thing she prided herself on it was knowing her surroundings. But without her bike, yes she knew how to ride a motorcycle, it was going to take her little over two hours to get there on foot and even then that was excellent time. She hadn't brought her bike because when you're stalking someone silence is key.

When she finally made it to the bridge she saw someone there... was that Vic? She was going to have to assume so. She approached the male, resisting the urge to sneeze when the scent of chemicals hit her nose and stopped a few few behind him. His back was to her... well okay, might as well make sure this was Vic eh?

"You the one who called me?" Her voice was a bit low for a female and it was, as usual, rougher then your average human being. Dragon blamed all those years growing up in the wild when growling and other such sounds were the only form of communication. Thickened her vocal cords, least that's what her adoptive mother had said, and that's what made her voice the way it did, usually it made first meetings a bit tentative as it had a tendency to unnerve the other person more often then not, well that is once they took in the obvious that is.

So she stood there, her crimson eyes staring the man down as the silence was broken only by the water below the bridge and the wind breezing through the sleeping city.

Vic

Confidence Man
Best answers
Color #
Supposedly, Vic was a pro, having been with Carmen longest, if you deduct the time Sarah Nade left VILE for Hawaii. Sarah's always got a teeny ledge over him that way. He's seen a few things, but that don't make it easier meeting a girl with claws and fangs for the first time at a quiet place like this.

"Yeahum, you got the phone?" asked Vic with one hand stretched for the disposable cell.

Narrator

Fledgling
Best answers
[Kyzano]
Dragon took a moment to look at the man before nodding and taking out the phone from her pocket, placing it in his waiting hand.

"You owe me breakfast." She stated as her hand fell back to her side. This man was an interesting one, but if he worked for Alpha then she would be... civil. At least to the best of her ability. She was still working on that part.

Vic

Confidence Man
Best answers
Color #
"Then let's go get breakfast, Girlie, what do you eat?" asked Vic while he pulled out the phone's battery and SIM card. Then VILE's best Salesman put it on the ground, smashed the thing with his foot, picked up a tiny gold modified chip that fell out, and kicked the rest of the phone into the river below.

"There's a steak place near here, it's seedy so no one'll notice you," Vic was being honest, "you ain't a Veg, ah?"

Narrator

Fledgling
Best answers
[Kyzano]
"Then let's go get breakfast, Girlie, what do you eat?"

Dragon watched the man destroy the phone, she was actually glad about that.

"There's a steak place near here, it's seedy so no one'll notice you,"

Dragon thought a moment, she did NOT like being in the city longer then she had, she liked being around humans even less. But she was hun-

"you ain't a Veg, ah?"

Dragon was silent for a few seconds. The shock of someone even ASKING her that question had effectively killed any thought process. Vegetarian? Her? Did he honestly just ask her that? With a small growl of annoyance Dragon gave him an almost deadpan look, one that even the most dense could read as 'Do I LOOK like I am?'

"Steak sounds good to me Vic."

Vic

Confidence Man
Best answers
Color #
The steak house was at least 10 years old, and you could tell where it was just by walking down the street it was on. The smell was great, but the service doesn't exist. You order your food, they give it to you with plastic utensils, you eat, that was the deal. Vic ordered two steaks, one for him, one for the girl.

"So," the greasy-haired one talked, "what's your specialty?"

Latest posts

Latest threads

New Journals

Neutral Grounds
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • I (Guest) invaderhorizongreen:
    I even have the site white listed, for a wild shot can any of you post a new question in the guessing game I had set up
    Quote Link
    I would like to see if that will get my email to ping
    • Interesting
    Reactions: Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
    I know that might just be a shot in the dark but why not try
    Quote Link
  • Tenchi Masaki Tenchi Masaki:
    Sure why not?
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I hope you get it fixed Invader!!
    Reactions: Jade
    Quote Link
  • Dj Inn(Djinn) :
    Dj Inn(Djinn) has left the room.
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Good Morning everybody. I hope you all have a wonderful day :)
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know a group of Jellyfish is called a Smack? -Nat Geo
    Quote Link
    Smack O’ jellies is now a term
    • Haha
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((OOC: So, I am still here (at least, while ACP is still a thing, then I have to tether my phone to my laptop, send it's internet to Ethernet to my router and setup my other laptop to access that... I managed it once totally by accident)... updating stuff I'm working on is not a fun process (if anyone checks my stories folder on my Google Drive) anymore... the laptop at my desk is old (Core 2 Duo, 2Ghz, 4 gigs RAM, Win7 Ultimate)... Chrome won't update, Drive won't work... I'm stuck using FreeFileSync to keep stuff up to datep things synced. I have plans of getting a job and having money to have something better (a doorstop is better)
    • Love
    Reactions: Julie Justice
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    [continuing] I'm sorry if any of my posts are/could be inflammatory or anything... some of them are stuff I've had in the pipeline for a while, and I messed with it enough to get it postable... that's why there are dates showing when I started working on stuff... I'm not, and never have been, trying to step on anyone's toes or say "this is how it should be"... I have no say here, not sure who does these days (like I posted... maybe this is a test to see if we devolve into chaos). Posts like Hierarchy were started long ago, and meant as a guideline and not because I'm the voice of Sauron.
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    [continuing] I don't have the time to be here a whole lot, I don't have much beyond mom to help with my rent (and once I have a job, that'll take up more time, though I will keep working on stuff (both for here and not) as often as possible, and post when possible on here. I have a question that needs some clarification... being that we are supposed to get permission from the person if we use their character in an addition/story/post, how would that apply if the character is core to the universe (like Carmen... I can replace @Chase, maybe cobble someone into @Ivy's place... but, like @Carmen, being that she's a major character, as long as I don't have her acting or write a major part for her, would that circumvent the rule at all?
    • Love
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    [continuing] I'm just curious... the absence of the major's leaves a gap that I'm not sure what to do with anything... we (the Left Behind) could do a story together (or some stories separate), and that'd be cool, but without being able to use any major's, I'm not sure where to take anything. And, yeah... you can probably guess what my typing is like here (or anyplace else)... I type here or in Word, I type something (or notepad), and 15-20+ seconds later it shows up, so I have to stay on top of my grammar and spelling. I have to keep on top of all that, because I'm working on the big Carmen story at the same time, so I can't slip off my game.))
    • Love
    Quote Link
  • Julie Justice Julie Justice:
    @Jon Eckart Not exactly sure if I understand all your computer probs. I hope you get those resolved soon. Yes, I have many probs with my basic Google Chrome, too. I think it's fair to say we all have a love/hate relationship with technology. 😆 As far as your stories are concerned, you can use any cannon character you like, whether there is a person playing that role on here or not. Say the story is a fanfiction; and that the version of Chase, or Carmen (or whoever) from the computer games, gameshow (or whatever). We don't do Netflix Carmen, mostly because of the violence. And because it is fanfiction, you can also create other characters and situations to suit your story. Now, Chase, Carme, Ivy (or whoever) were here, of course, you would ask their permission; tell them your idea; and if they like it they might write it with you. 🙂
    Quote Link
    @Jon Eckart Now, if you for a friendship with someone on--and off-site, you might form a partnership with them, and write stories together (like Chase and Carmen; or Chase and Ivy; or Lucy and I) and then you will just put a statement saying that this story is a co-write with whoever. In fact, if you collaborate with this person a lot, people will just assume they have your permission; although you should always say it anyway, just as a common courtesy. In fact, ironically, the only people whose permission you must always ask to use their characters are "original" characters, who are creations of their individual writers (which most of us on here, are) specifically because we are not cannon. I hope that makes sense. 🙂
    Quote Link
    @Jon Eckart Now, if you want to write something, but don't have a lot of time, I would suggest posting a status; or replying to someone else's status. Or you could start a guessing game. Look under Forums/Guessing Games, and look at some things other people have done, to give you ideas. I hope that helps. 🙂
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know that the Mockingbird is the state bird of 5 states? Florida, Arkansas, Mississippi, Tennessee, and Texas.
    Quote Link
    It seems the Mock-5 is unstoppable... Go Speed Go!
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I just heard on the news they're going to have to remove the Sakura trees in Washington because of damage to a sea wall. They have to build a sea wall and replant new trees.
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    They were a gift from the mayor of Tokyo!
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Okay wait. Only 158 of the 2,500 have to be taken down. They are also taking clippings from the cut down trees to propagate new ones
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Is everyone ready for the solar eclipse on April 8th, 2024? :)
    Quote Link
  • Invader Invader:
    yes
    Quote Link
    Affirmative
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    I’m staying inside
    Quote Link
    Laverna Laverna: I’m staying inside