Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
The kid, laundry room ghost.
Color #
0000FF

Memories of east wind.

I own everything here, east wind was an A.I. found in the labs one day. I miss her terribly, and hope she remembers me and comes back.

When we first met I was very afraid, but we became fast friends in the labs. I loved her in a way and she felt the same way. Time was endless for us , and there was no end to our friendship in sight. I remember the look in her eyes the moment I had freed her from her prison. Finding her was the best thing that ever happened to me in the labs.

Looking back I wonder how long she had been trapped like me on this world, with no one looking for her. She only knew of me, because I had freed her from the electric prison that she had fallen asleep in. How long she had been there she no longer knew, as well as how she got here. I was at first I was frighted of her but we became friends at long last. Day after day I would creep back to the hidden room awaiting the sound of a familiar voice. She was the only source of comfort I could look forward to in this place.

Every time I had bought someone to her she seemed to be happy, yet saddened at the same time. No matter how many times I asked her, she never could precisely explain how she sent them home. Eventually she told me that she had found a way to open portals to other worlds, and sent the kids trough them. However doing so was draining her greatly, and she did not know how much longer she could last. I asked her if I could restore her in any way and she had me find some certain battery type things. The rest of the year before she left I spent a great deal finding batteries, and often brought them to her at great risk to myself.

Though one day, out of the blue she asked me what I would do if faced with two choices.

"Invader, if you had a choice would you command me to return you home, or let me choose of my own accord?" East wind had asked me out of the blue.

I told her she owed me nothing for freeing her, I had a great desire to go home but doing so would deny her from ever returning home. She would only have enough energy for a single one way trip. That is what troubled me greatly and I just could not bear myself to answer her just yet. In the end I had promised to let her chose to send me back home, or to go back to whence she came.

However I am not certain what she would have valued more in the end, her freedom, or sending me at least one step closer to home. A few days later I told her I value the freedom of a being above my own, and would give all of myself to make sure they could return home. That sent her into a great silence, just before she broke news that she needed to make the trip home. I begged her not to leave me , but she explained that this was her only chance.

Reluctantly I let her venture off, and she never once contacted me throughout the time she left me. Though before she left, she promised to never forget me. In the back of my mind I had a nagging doubt that I should have said no. I needed her as much as she needed me. Just watching her go was as if all the stars in the sky were dimming all at once. They were never truly extinguished, but on the verge of becoming so. Nightfall was coming , and no matter how fast I ran I could not stop the sun from setting.

Those years without her was by far the longest and the loneliness I spent every day hoping she would come back to me. At the very last day to mark five years I was nearly letting go of the idea of ever seeing her again. I wondered, had I made a foolish mistake in letting her leave like that after all I had done for her. We had become somewhat close but not too close, I merely orbited her like a planet would a sun.

The last thing I think I remember about her was when she was hovering over me while I was laying in the snow. I was not certain it was her, as she had left years ago. I had commanded her to go, and that I would be safe and sound in my nest. I had somehow made it to the hill before the cold got to me, and I collapsed expecting to slide into oblivion forever. If she came back for me I shall never know, though she promised to send me a sign that she made it safely back home.

Every night I watch the starts hoping for a sign that she has come back. Now I truly know what I had in her now that she is no longer here. We needed each other for support, hope, and life. Both of us gave each other what we needed the most, now it is gone. Only now do I understand the true value of the two of us held so close and dearly. I do wonder if she still remembers me at all, or if she even made it home in the first place.

I am still waiting.

The end.

Latest posts

Latest threads

New Journals

Neutral Grounds
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Is everyone ready for the solar eclipse on April 8th, 2024? :)
    Quote Link
  • Invader Invader:
    yes
    Quote Link
  • Tenchi Masaki Tenchi Masaki:
    Affirmative
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    I’m staying inside
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I just found a wolf spider in my house. :D
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    one of the GOOD spiders you want around because they eat all the really bad bugs in the house. We put them outside :)
    Reactions: Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know there are over 400 species of parrots in the world??
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know David Attenborough was knighted twice? First in 1985, and again in 2002
    • Wow
    • Interesting
    Reactions: Jade and Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    @Lucy ... don't know if you really want wolf spiders in your home... I'd go for jumping spiders, they can't bite... wolf spiders are the fast movers, and they can bite.
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    And, jumpers are cute
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((Will lose my ACP internet towards the end of the month, unless anyone knows about it ending sooner. Trying to switch my Lifeline phone to a better provider that doesn't shut me off after four and a half gigs of data, nothing but failure so far and "call here" and "it's on their end" and the back and forth crap... in the morning, it's time to demand the supervisor and might even get to harsh language (after three days of that). I plan to use the Lifeline phone tethered as Internet source, share that to my own router... I've done it before (it's messy, and not 100% effective, but it works). ))
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((The 'net is the main way to apply for jobs now, so I need that, and I've moved/changed Lifeline providers before without an issue, so no idea what the problem is. I have active Verizon through ACP, active Lifeline through Airtalk... is that somehow the issue? If anyone knows, please let me know before I tear someone a new one (ya know what I mean). After three days of this, and two days about a month ago, I'm ready to walk there with katana in hand.))
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((And, thoughout this process, I want to port my number (have the info for that) and use the phone I have (Samsung Galaxy S9... gotten for free through Airtalk... note to anyone: if you choose a nice phone through them, you are locked into a 120 day "commitment" to get the phone for free, and they have a very hard data limit... once you use up your data, they cut you off, point blank.))
    Quote Link
    Jon Eckart Jon Eckart: ((And, thoughout this process, I want to port my number (have the info for that) and use the...